(G)I-DLE: First (18+)

By jeskoholic

Y/N's family moved to South Korea to actively manage their investments on a company. With his father wanting... More

Author's Note (Please Read)
First Encounter
Idle Room
First Dinner
Dance Practice
Cherry (๐Ÿ”ž)
Allergies and Hangovers
Excess Exes
A Wet Dream (๐Ÿ”ž)
Company Benefits
Thrill (๐Ÿ”ž)
Awkward Questions
Obsessed (๐Ÿ”ž๐Ÿ”ช)
Visible Regrets
Kumiho's Visit
The Prettiest Movie Night Ever
Multiplayer Fun
Under the Moon and Stars
Hello and Goodbye
Special Trip
The Kama and the Kunai (๐Ÿ”ž)
Wet and Wild
Homecoming
The Queen's Throne (๐Ÿ”ž)
Heat of the Moment (๐Ÿ”ž)
The Most Favourite Member
Secret Hideout
A Bet of High Notes
The Surprise Seventh Member
Full House
The Family's Choice
Goodmorning Kisses
Chocolate Chip Bubble Tea
The Virtual Concert
Glass and Sky
The Competition
Six in One
Excess Turbulence (๐Ÿ”ž)
The First Night Away
The Bluest Horizon
On Steamy Waters
Fox Girl's Greatest Fear
The Summer Song of the Year
Truth or Dare
Mistake (๐Ÿ”ž)
The Longest Morning
Seas and Mountains
Storm, Earth, and Fire (๐Ÿ”ž)
Stalemate
Bleeding Sunset
Poison (๐Ÿ”ž๐Ÿ”ช)
The End of Summer
Captain's Secret
The Face of Temptation
Graduation Day
The Never-Ending Challenge
The Extended Family
When Eternities End
Fire (๐Ÿ”ž)
Flower (๐Ÿ”ž)
The Ideal Man
First Love
Thank You! โœจ
A Little Extra
Fate

Eternal Sunshine

1.7K 51 52
By jeskoholic

Did she just confess to me?

We were both there, dancing to the beat of the romantic song played by the band of violinists but we were not even into the tune as both of us waited for each other’s response. It was an awkward length of time that the song became a slow hymn, I then somehow instantly recognized it as Jason Mraz’s ‘I Won’t Give Up’. Soyeon and I resumed to sway with the soft tempo of the song with both our eyes stuck into each other’s through the eye mask.

I wanted to tell her something, but I just could not gather the courage to even open my mouth and speak. At that moment, I felt like we were alone on the dance floor and waiting for something to happen, but there was nothing of the sort.

I managed to bring myself to speak, but as soon as I began Soyeon immediately cut into me.

“Soyeon, I don’t think —“

“Sorry that I had to make it this sudden,” she cut with a really soft tone while not even removing her piercing eyes on me. They were so expressive even through the eye mask. “I can understand if you feel really awkward right now, but I just had to tell it to you. Since there’s no other person with us here, and we are in a really romantic mood, I think it just fits. I got myself into the rhythm as well. This is one of the times where I would let my selfishness overcome my own judgment. In a sense, you could say that I’m abusing the privilege of being here alone with you Y/N-nim.”

Oh God this feels awfully similar. I want to ask her to change her words because they remind me of Soojin too much.

“I… I’m not sure if I heard things right, Soyeonah”

I forgot everything that was supposed to be there. I was just so stuck in the moment with the romantic music that calling her ‘Jelly’ just won’t cut it.

“Y/N Oppa,” she smiled before continuing. “I know it was a lot to take in, but I didn’t just admit to you because of the situation. A lot has happened since we had that shared moment back in LA, including something unexpected that would hinder my feelings for good.”

What?

“I know already before we went to LA that you and Soojin had something going on and I even confronted you for it, right? If it wasn’t for that unfortunate blackout I’m pretty sure we would’ve talked about the two of you...”

I felt my cheeks flush with that. LA just reminded me so much of Soyeon more than anything else, especially blackouts. Damn.

I wonder what would’ve happened had she confronted me with Soojin then and there. Would I cease the unofficial relationship that we’re having behind the scenes?

“But after what happened that night and the morning after, I was really afraid. I just can’t show it, not when I’m naked in bed with the man who I just had sex with the night previously. I was afraid because I thought you’d change your view towards me; that after showing you how extremely vulnerable I could be you’ll just throw your respect for me just like that. I was acting tough until the very end because I was scared of you.

“Then after that, you just proved that I was wrong in every way. That time when we went to Universal Studios and we spent the day with each other, that was when I felt how sincere and how kind you are. I remember asking you for a promise that we won’t make too much of a big deal for what happened that night, and you lived up to your promise by taking care of me and acting as if there was nothing else about that. I never felt any awkwardness whatsoever. In truth, I was afraid that you’d change but gladly, you didn’t.”

I’m pretty sure at some point during that tour I was awkward to the bones but I guess I hid it really well.

“That was the time that I realized you weren’t just an assistant that Manager-unnie picked, but you were more than that. I saw how caring and careful you were with me and I didn’t even feel that you were my manager. I would lie if I didn’t even fantasize that we’re a couple and that we were dating that day, because it certainly felt that we were. It was one of the reasons why LA was so memorable, not because it was where I lost my virginity there but because I felt that I saw the man whom I wanted for a long time. I saw the man I would call as my first love.”

My God, she’s so different tonight. It feels really flattering to have someone like Soyeon to tell that to me. There was always this sense of superiority with her and there’s no denying that whenever I’m with her, I feel so small with all the reputation she has around her name.

But this moment, she wasn’t talking to me as the leader of (G) I-DLE, or even an idol. She’s talking to me as Jeon Soyeon. She’s talking with the realest, most genuine form of her even through her glamorous and fierce image as an idol.

I honestly don’t want to ruin the moment she was having for herself. Soyeon was so into the conversation that I was basically just swaying her as we danced with the song, with her basically dragging me along with her emotional pace. I know I’ve had a really rough emotional downpour with the recent events with Soojin but there was really something with Soyeon that was so invigorating.

It was so refreshing that it felt similar to getting out of a bathroom.

With the silence, Soyeon continued without hesitation.

“I repeatedly asked myself if I really like you or am I really just attached because we shared something that was so special. At first I really had no answer for that but as time went by, especially when the promotions ended and we had more time with each other, I just noticed how much I’ve been drawn to you, Y/N-nim. That was about the time I admitted to myself that I already am falling in love with you. I knew about Soojin and all the signs were telling me that I should stop, but I cannot do it when I’m faced by an unstoppable force. That is how impactful you are not only to me, but also to my members. You were the manager we definitely don’t deserve.”

I really wanted to protest against that because I really am sure that Soyeon would think of me differently the moment I told her about the vacation. However, something told me that it was the one thing I was yearning to hear. The way that it even came from Soyeon, admittedly one of the members I really look up to, was something more than just flattering. I don’t even have words to describe how that feels.

I was merely letting her take me with her as she spoke with the music.

“Maybe that’s how falling in love feels like in the first place,” Soyeon continued as she averted her gaze to something that was behind me. “I wanted to stop it the first time I know I’m heading to that direction, but no matter how much effort I do; no matter how much I wanted to kill my feelings for you it just became a lot more distinct. When we were on the final night in LA I felt that I was waking up from a sweet dream as I actually went to sleep. I certainly don’t want to end that amazing day with you, not when we’re going back to the reality that I have to write songs that I won’t even get to call mine again or even spend another special day with the person I really want to be with.

“Sorry if I’m being too talkative oppa. We rarely get alone during times like these and I just want to maximize my time with you.”

I felt myself choke for speaking again after quite a while of listening just to her.

“O-Oh, don’t worry about that. I honestly want to hear what you think too. I mean, the situation’s really fit for it you know. Go on. I want to listen as well.”

“So… right… this is also the reason why I had a lot of untold things I wanted to tell you for the longest time already, but I too was trying to keep my distance with you knowing how much Soojinnie wants you for herself. I just know her that much that she has a tendency to be really protective and I certainly don’t want to be on the wrong side of her emotional flare like that and most definitely not because of a man.”

‘Protective’…

Have I misunderstood Soojin all these time?

“I don’t think there is anyone who knows about you and Soojinnie aside from me, right oppa?”

I nodded slowly.

“And I never told anyone that I had developed feelings for you during the past few months. I honestly don’t feel the need to tell it and with how much work things have stacked on me, I just can’t bring myself into thinking a lot more emotional stuff because I have a feeling the group would suffer if I do that. I tried my best to keep things to myself, and hopefully by not admitting it to someone else that the feelings would die off in its own. But I guess I was wrong because the more I tried to distance myself from you, the more that I wanted to see you.

“Despite that, I kept on thinking of Soojin-unnie. If I continue harbouring these feelings for you, I’m sure that at some point there would be a part where we would both face against each other and I don’t want that to happen. Soojinie and I have always been the closest of friends since when we were trainees because we were born on the same year, and I don’t think I want to ruin what we already established because of my selfishness. I’m pretty sure you won’t like that if we did it, right oppa?”

I nodded and we both continued to dance as the song changed into a slow instrumental that I don’t even recognize. It was pretty sweet though and it definitely contributed to the entire sensuality of the moment.

Well, then perhaps Soojin was the reason why Soyeon chose to kill her feelings for me. She’s more than willing to go that far just for the welfare of her members.

“I began to convince myself that my feelings for you were just infatuation but it actually isn’t and I know it deep down. Somehow facing things on my own won’t cut it and I think that’s how deep my feelings have gotten; it reached the point that I can’t even convince myself that I am not in love with you, Y/N-nim. I guess if I wanted to end my feelings for you, it would take more than just self-motivation. It is just that strong.”

Soyeon fell silent for a moment and I took that time to think stuff for myself.

Damn, she’s talking about it as if I was a poison or something.

I don’t know, but at this point I should really feel awkward or even intimidated by Soyeon’s presence and her act of confessing to me like that. However, I don’t feel anything at all. Instead, I’m really interested to hear more of her testaments more than anything else. She’s right anyway; if it was true that she had feelings for me before then she might’ve felt really intimidated with Soojin. Aside from the rooftop, this would only be the time for us to be together where no one else would be able to interfere with our talking.

I’m really curious how this would play out, too. I don’t know how this is going for the long run. No one just confesses to a person like that and ditches it like it was nothing.

I mean, yeah I get it she’s the literal Jeon Soyeon, a person who’s this big name in Korean pop music not only because of her group, but also of her amazing talent and song writing skills; there’s no other person who has such dedication like her. In my opinion and based from the way I see her around the dorm, Soyeon is somehow the personification of determination, and she’s really selfless and I could see that now.

I have a feeling that at some point during the promotions, she found out about me sleeping with Soojin. I guess that was the time that Soyeon must’ve felt that Soojin and I have a sexual relationship going on and that she did not want that to happen maybe?

Now that I think of it, what did Soyeon say when we were back at the rooftop?

“I don’t want to get attached to you, not in that way because I think you deserve way more than just attachment due to sex, Y/N-nim.”

She might’ve heard of it and at some point felt like it wasn’t what she wanted to go for. Maybe, this was all assumption but maybe she knew that it would be really difficult to fit her in that situation when she admitted to herself that it wasn’t what the root of an attachment should be even if we literally had sex as an ice breaker for our friendship.

But Soojin and I’s relationship were sex-centric in reality anyway, so I understand if she’s not into that because Soyeon’s not… like that.

I’m honestly speculating behind here while she’s taking her time to get composed. I really should wait and hear what she has to say.

“It was until when we were in the middle of I-TRUST promotions, a member came to me for advice because she’s been really bothered about something during that time,” I heard Soyeon speak softly as she broke the silence she herself established. “It was when I was really stressed on writing additional songs for the company and she went to me in the middle of my song writing and in the middle of the night, quite similar to the way I approached you before we went to the rooftop back at the old dorm.”

Wait, who’s she talking about? Did I miss it or she just didn’t mention who it was?

“I asked you the question back then: what would you do if I told you there was another person that was in love with you, aside from Soojin-unnie. You may have thought that I was pertaining to myself, right?”

Oh my god; it just occurred to me now. She indeed asked that question when we were alone at the rooftop and it was the same thing she was asking a while back. My memory lost it when we went to the vacation and all, and it never really came to my head that she was actually pertaining to herself. At that moment, I was just so curious on what she was saying that I didn’t even think of who it was. The thought of it even left my head during the stay in Bora-Bora.

So it was Soyeon after all. She had it on the air for so long and I didn’t even thought of it.

“Well, after everything that happened,” Soyeon continued. “Up to that point I won’t even be surprised if you thought that I was pertaining to myself. No, oppa; I’m not the one. I wish I could, and I may have asked that same question out of curiosity as well.”

What? Did I just hear that right?

There was someone else…?

I wanted to open my mouth and ask her a lot of questions. I do have a lot of things spinning on my head right now but I just can’t seem to have the effort to do so. Like when I was with Miyeon-noona, Soyeon seemed to have that strange aura about her. I felt like I was held on her spell as I got carried away with the moment of her talking about us.

I saw Soyeon smile back as the song changed again. I’m not even sure at this point if it was just the pair of us dancing on the middle of the rooftop, but I don’t really give a single care for it. As far as I’m concerned, I just want to hear what she has to say even if we look like idiots standing in the middle.

“I wish I could be the one who would confess my love to you like that, but when I learned that some other member started to develop feelings for you I began to rethink about mine. Maybe I was just so into the moment that I forgot who I really was in the group, and temporarily I nearly gave in to my childish desires.”

She sighed.

“There is someone else aside from Soojin-unnie who is harbouring feelings for you right now, and it definitely isn’t me.”

---

The pair of them briefly stopped from their swaying as Y/N processed what he just heard. Up until that point in the evening, he was clearly into the moment of Soyeon’s confession that her previous statement just began to sink into him.

There was another person who admitted to develop feelings for him. It wasn’t just Soyeon and Soojin, but there was one other person who fell and he desperately wanted to know who this girl was.

And so, for that moment of silence his head began to speculate:

Miyeon and Minnie were two competitors that weren’t really into him since the beginning, well at least that’s what Y/N thought from his perspective. The two of them won’t even go their extreme lengths as close to even ‘kidnapping’ him for their own desires if they don’t have the indirect competition against each other. If either of them began to develop feelings for him after their respective sexual encounters with Y/N, similar to how Soyeon claims was the beginning of her feelings for him, then it could either be them, but not both.

But then, Y/N remembered that Soyeon told the hint to him before they even went to Bora-Bora, so there’s no way that it’s supposed to be both of them. Had either of them developed feelings for him, then it would’ve only just been recently and it’s hard to think that it was just that fast. It’s just so much out of the picture.

That leaves Yuqi and Shuhua. The two of them were almost equally as close to Y/N compared to the other. They were the only sensible people that Soyeon was pertaining to. He had a huge feeling that it was either Yuqi or Shuhua.

It could also be that Soyeon might be bluffing, and that she was, in reality, pertaining to herself all along. Soyeon’s really smart and if she did that, Y/N won’t even be surprised. Maybe she thought that it was safer to admit to him and say that she stopped herself from loving him and blame it on another member. However, Y/N knew well enough that Soyeon would never do that. She was totally one of the most honest people he had ever met and there was no way she’d lie to him like that.

But he could also be wrong and it won't be the first time.

“I’m sorry I was just telling this now,” Soyeon began to speak again as her voice broke the awkward silence of Y/N’s speculation. “I realized along the way that maybe it won’t be for my best interest to be falling in love with someone right now and she made me realize that by admitting her feelings for you. Getting in the middle of an emotional battle with the three of you might do more harm than good, and so because of that I decided to forget my feelings for you, Y/N-nim. I also think that from what I see, you’re better suited with her than with me. That’s the reason why back in Tahiti I’m not even talking to you; it was just a weird twist of fate that we ended up having each other’s backs when we got screwed up at the spring bath.”

Silence erupted for a brief moment as Y/N thought of her explanation.

Soyeon gave up her feelings for me because of this member. Whoever she was, she must be really close with her…

“S-Soyeonnie,” Y/N said, speaking for the first time after going silent as she relayed her story. “I-I think you’re giving me way too much credit for what things are. I’m really flattered and all that someone who is as amazing and as hard-working as the Jeon Soyeon would catch feelings for me, but in my opinion it was for the better that you decided to discard it. I don’t deserve it. I thought the reason why you killed your feelings for me was because you discovered something, and I think if you found out about that then maybe you won’t even like me in the first place.”

Soyeon gazed back towards him with a curious yet confused expression.

“What are you talking about, Y/N-nim?”

Y/N sighed.

Here it is. I’ve wanted to tell her this since we arrived and this is the perfect opportunity.

I know I might get gutted here, but I want to face the consequences of my actions. Soyeon could also be the only person who could help me realize a lot of things even if it means I’d receive a slap or two.

“I’m not the ideal manager that you think I am, Soyeon,” he said softly as they swayed with the beat of the solemn music. Y/N didn’t even bother to identify what song it was; in his head, getting all the heavy feelings he’s been carrying for the past days since that drinking night had to go out no matter what. “I don’t think I did a really good job on being with you six. I’ve had a lot of shortcomings recently and I think I need to disclose this to you. I never was really stable after the drinking game that we had. I don’t know if you know this already, b-but after that drinking game I…”

Soyeon watched him closely, and admittedly her intense stare pressured him to speaking.

“I… Miyeon-noona and I had sex… Shortly after that, when Minnie and I were left on the island we did it too…”

An awkward silence briefly shrouded the pair of them as Y/N’s heart thumped heavily against his chest. It was everything he wanted to say and now as he waited for Soyeon’s response every second felt really agonizing from within.

“I-I know whatever I say would sound like an excuse… b-but I don’t intend to keep this from you for a long time, not when I know you’re supposed to be the group’s leader. I think you deserve to know what’s happening behind the scenes, even if it’s not the girls that tell it.”

Soyeon nodded. “Oppa—“

“I understand if you’re angry, I mean it’s the right thing to—“

“I’m not mad. I’m not angry at all.”

What?

Y/N watched as Soyeon gave him a soft grin.

“Y/N-nim, do you remember when we were back at the steam bath and I was repeatedly pushing you to keep your eyes off of them? I did that because they don’t know that you’re there and watching them without any clothes on. It makes you look like a peeping tom because you don’t have their consent.”

What does that have to do with it? Y/N thought to himself. Soyeon really has a habit of recalling things at the weirdest times. I’m surprised that she’s not mad, too. I wonder what she thought of what I just said.

“I know that this might not be the best way to address situations like these, but from what I could see Miyeon and Minnie unnie never had a problem with you doing that to them. Maybe I could say that, in a sense, I could totally understand how things happened because I experienced it too first hand.”

“B-but you should be mad… I mean, I’ve been sleeping around with your members. Soojin and I’s relationship aren’t exactly romantically centered because we… we…”

Y/N felt his lips touched by Soyeon’s index finger, ultimately stopping him from further talking.

“I know. I know about you and Soojin, oppa. I somehow had a hint for it.”

What?

“Y-You do?”

Soyeon nodded.

“I knew of Minnie and Miyeon-unnie’s as well. They told me personally right after.”

What the heck? SHE KNEW ALL ALONG!

“W-wait… Why are you not mad? You’re supposed to hate me at this point, Soyeon. I’m literally all over the place. I don’t think —“

Once again, he felt his lips silenced by the touch of Soyeon’s finger.

“Shhh,” she said calmly. Then, much to Y/N’s surprise, Soyeon removed her arms from his hand and shoulders before she proceeded to give him a really sincere hug. She pressed herself softly on Y/N’s taller frame and at that very moment, he felt Soyeon’s soothing embrace that only the (G) I-DLE leader has. Admittedly, it was a feeling that was so precious that he just wanted to cherish it until the very end.

“If that’s how your mind’s been working lately, then you might’ve had a really rough couple of days, oppa. You must’ve convinced yourself that you’re the bad person because of what you did, but you’re wrong. The fact that you even had courage to tell these to me when you know how I’m going to act just proved that you did not do those things just because of the heck of it. The emotional backlash proves how you cared for them in the inside.”

Soyeon softly withdrew from the embrace and held Y/N’s cheek as she stared unto his dreaming eyes.

“It’s not like you’re proud of it or anything. While I’m entirely against the act of you doing it with the other members, what they do with themselves is not exactly mine to decide on. I’ve spoken to Miyeon and Minnie unnie about it, and they seem to really be cool with it. It wasn’t something that they regretted because in the end, it was just a product of the heat of the moment. Besides, I don’t intend to lecture you all around because we’re all adults who could think for ourselves, and as long as you’re not doing anything harmful to them, then I guess we don’t have a problem. Miyeon and Minnie unnie admitted that they also have a fault for that because they took their unofficial ‘bet’ against each other and used you to get ahead of the other.”

“Soyeon,” Y/N replied back towards her. “Are you sure that you’re okay with this? I mean, you’re really okay with all that happened?”

“Out of context, then no, but I trust my instincts here about how much I know you and both my unnies. It’s like what I said; I can understand how they feel that’s why I’m not making much of a huge fuss out of it. I don’t see the point of doing so. If I did not share the same kind of moment with you back at LA, I’ll surely get mad at you. I’m just happy that I didn’t.”

“B-but… I think you’re putting too much consideration for me, don’t you think?”

“I trust myself, Y/N-nim. I trust you as well.”

It feels weird that I just have to accept it for what it is… A part of me wanted her to be angry because that makes way more sense than her being logical and kind to me.

I still can’t believe that she knew about it all along.

“You know, Y/N-nim,” Soyeon said to him. “If I didn’t know better, I think Miyeonnie and Minnie-unnie aren’t your only problem. I have a gut feel that you’re thinking about something else.”

Y/N froze on the spot.

“It’s about Soojin, isn’t it?”

“I- umm…”

Knowing he had to go for it since Soyeon already introduced the topic anyway, Y/N nodded slowly in reply and Soyeon pursed her lips in return.

“How did you know that we had a problem going on? Did Soojin tell you of anything?”

“No, oppa; honestly I was just guessing but you had that air on you. There was something fundamentally different on you when I saw you on the airport. You looked so stressed and exhausted and I thought it was because you had to chase me cross-country like that, but when I saw you earlier just as we went here I could sense that there was different on your vibe. You seemed to have been lost in thought often. I’ve lived with you long enough that I could feel when something’s off, even by just judging you by your presence and the look in your eyes. I reckon it was about you and Soojin since she also had the same aura about her ever since we landed in Tahiti.”

Y/N nodded. “In truth, I’ve wanted to tell this to you since I saw you because I know I had to talk to someone about it.”

He then sighed before continuing to share his story, beginning all the way from the moment that he and Miyeon got drunk to the time where he succumbed to the anger and frustration he was feeling until he unfortunately had to let everything out to Soojin, until the point where he had to rush all over the world just to get to Soyeon, up until the events that lead them to where they are now.

“… So what I’m trying to say is that, I left Tahiti in such a hurry that I failed to make amends with Soojin and I’m worried that we’re not going to talk for a long time. We’re even so far away with each other that I don’t know how I’m supposed to apologize to her. I somehow feel guilty.”

“Y/N-nim, if you don’t mind me asking, do you really want to apologize to Soojin because you want to stay in the relationship or because you felt that what you did was way too harsh?”

“I…”

Soyeon’s question was left in the air for quite a while. It was really just a simple question, but for Y/N it was something that was really so sudden. Perhaps the reason why he could not answer her right away was because he too did not like the reality behind it.

It was the time did he realize that yes, while he wanted to apologize to Soojin for being too harsh, he had no other intentions of going back to their relationship again seeing how twisted and obsessive Soojin started to be because of him. However, he could not admit that to Soyeon because he felt that he wasn’t protecting anything aside from his ego.

Soyeon sighed before speaking. “Y/N-nim, I don’t know what’s going on behind you and Soojin and frankly, I’m not interested on knowing it because it’s the private life of the both of you. I’m out of that. But what I’m trying to say was, maybe it was the right decision that you left her like that. I’m not saying this because I wanted you two to break up, but if you two reached that point and you need to end the relationship like that, then maybe staying on it would do more harm than good for the both of you.”

She’s… she’s right. Those are even the same exact words that I told myself when I broke up with Soojin.

“Say, Y/N-nim, can I ask you another question?”

He nodded.

“You told me Soojin confessed formally, but have you ever asked yourself if you actually love her or not?”

Silence

“I… no…”

Shit why is this so true?

“And do you have a reason for that?”

“I-I don’t know… maybe I never thought of it? Soojin told me that she didn’t want a formal relationship yet because the company won’t allow it…”

“You missed the point oppa. I know that, but you can have an unofficial relationship even if you confessed that you love each other. It’s not as if you need to broadcast it to everyone if you two really like to pursue it. If you haven’t told her you love her, what’s stopping you?”

“I don’t really know…”

Y/N stood in silence there as he felt that he was being grilled by Soyeon’s questions. He had no idea how deep things went, and for sure if Soyeon would’ve asked a lot of other questions he could easily answer them with no sweat. However, it was just those two questions that he could not bring himself to give her a completely honest answer. He never thought of it, but it was true that he never indeed admitted or even acknowledge it as love.

“Y/N,” Soyeon’s voice came rattling him back to reality once again, shaking him from his brief space-out of thought. “I think I know the reason why…”

She then held his hand with her small palms, clasping his cold hands with her warming grip.

“Maybe you’re really just too confused. I think you can’t fully convince yourself that you’re in love with Soojin-unnie because you’re denying feelings for someone else. You also can’t admit it that you’re falling for her; which is why your heart could not admit that you like Soojinnie because it is just not the truth.”

Am I really in love with someone else?

Who?

“I… I don’t think there is someone that I have feelings on…”

“Can you say that 100% sure?”

Y/N slowly shook his head after a brief silence of giving it some thought.

“Think about it, oppa. I can tell by your eyes, you know I’m telling the truth. Maybe it was also this time that you just realized it; you’re in love with another member of (G) I-DLE.”

Is Soyeon trying to convince me that I am actually in love with her?

No, she’s not like that. She even acknowledged that…

Fuck, am I really in love? If I am, then who is it?

Why don’t I know?

Maybe I am really in love with Soojin, or I don’t know.

Soyeon did say that there was someone else who has feelings for me. Is that member the same person?

No, she said that it was some other person. Am I even denying my own feelings for her?

Holy shit this is so complicated.

“You know what, Y/N-nim; this is too much emotional load for a day. I think we should rest. There are also a few people in the floor and my feet are starting to hurt because of the heels.”

“Sorry I wasn’t able to give you a good answer, Soyeon.”

“It’s okay. I know how you’re feeling. Give yourself some space oppa; think about stuff while we’re here. I have a feeling we need to enjoy this little calm moment because the future’s really going to be messy for the next couple of days.”

---

Y/N escorted Soyeon back to the table and slowly resumed eating silently until they were both done with the dinner’s course. Soyeon took charge of the awkwardness of the situation and asked Y/N how he managed to find the plane he took to go back to Korea, perhaps filling in the void and attempting to distance him from the heavy conversation they had previously. Their talk continued until they were entirely done with their business there with Soyeon cleverly shifting the mood a bit by introducing a lot of concepts she wanted to try out in the future.

The pair of them began to walk out of the romantic rooftop when Y/N heard Soyeon speak to him, right after she wrapped her arms on his for security.

“Thank you for this night, oppa. I’ve realized a lot of things because of you. If I still had harboured my feelings towards you, I have a feeling that I might’ve fallen again for you.”

“I have to thank you too as well. This whole dinner was your idea.”

“Well, now that I don’t have to write other songs, maybe I should consider saying ‘yes’ to some of the people who are asking me for a collab for a long time now. I just can’t say yes because I was dumped with a lot of work because of the company.”

“You’re asked to write songs for other artists? That’s good news! If you’re up to it then you should consider it, really. It’s your passion after all, and I do want to see some of your songs performed by others as well. Do I know any of these artists?”

“Namjoo-sunbaenim from APink wanted me to write a song for her when I met her at an awards show previously, and I already started a draft for her but I can’t find the time to write it entirely. I think now that my sched’s freed, I want to finish it for her. She asked the agency really nicely and I was beginning to be worried because I can’t give it to her immediately. Oh, and Y/N-nim, Hyoyeon-sunbaenim also asked me to be a part of her song for her solo comeback. Can you imagine it? It’s Hyoyeon-sunbaenim!”

Y/N nodded and smiled upon seeing Soyeon so happy like that.

I honestly don’t know who Hyoyeon is. She must be really famous before I even arrived here in South Korea.

Nevertheless, I’m happy for Soyeon. I can’t imagine how relieved she must’ve felt after being freed like that.

“Oh, right Soyeon, I have a question too,” remembered Y/N as they walked the beautiful carpeted floors of the hotel heading towards the parking lot. “You said that there was someone else in (G) I- DLE that have feelings for me. Is it okay for me to know who she is?”

Soyeon gazed towards him and smirked. “I’m sorry oppa, I can’t tell you that because that’s for her to tell you. I hope you understand; I need to do it out of respect for her.”

“Well, that’s expected I guess. I’m just really curious who it is really so it’s worth a shot.”

“All I can do is to give you a hint, maybe?”

Y/N nodded. “I’m all ears.”

“Let’s just say that she’s a person who could pass as your sister.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

765 32 12
Growing up, Soyeon and Shuhua were extremely close. Some even mistook them for sisters at times. But now that they both made it to the real world, th...
33.2K 457 47
{ Slow Updates โ™กโ™ก } THESE ONESHOTS I WILL FOCUS ON MORE PLEASEEEE IDC SEND ME REQUEST IM DIEINGG TO DO WHAT YOU ALL WANT Credits/Inspirations: @xoxok...
9.3K 458 14
A sequel to "Indifference" Minnie decided to finish her college in Korea, a big step she has taken in order to debut as an idol. With her fourth and...
2.9K 118 16
Shuhua is the daughter of one of the richest and most powerful people in China. Her family has roots in the domain market in the country or even in i...