Wired

بواسطة Hsienhui1978

It's a game of life and death. "Do you like my preview? The movie will start soon. Get your popcorn ready." ... المزيد

Disclaimer
Author's Notes
Chapter 1: A Crazy Day
Chapter 2: Safe At Last
Chapter 3: First Meeting
Chapter 4: Bait
Chapter 5: Close To You
Chapter 6: Who Are You
Chapter 7: Confused
Chapter 8: Another Crazy Day
Chapter 10: The Game
Chapter 11: Case of the Skirt
Chapter 12: Puzzle Pieces

Chapter 9: Notes

461 36 29
بواسطة Hsienhui1978

The sunlight hit her face and she groaned, pulling the sheet over her head. A strange smell overwhelmed her. She sat up, feeling groggy, and looked around.

Where am I?

It looked like....Officer Wang's room. His photos, basketball and awards were displayed all around.

"Damn."

She vaguely remembered herself drinking at the bar and then Wang came and spoke to her. She must have passed out.

"Stupid Yue!!!" She screamed under the comforter. Well, at least, his sheets did not smell funny.

Why didn't he put her up in a hotel or guest room or something? The last time she wanted was to get involved in another complicated relationship.

Then, she realized what she was wearing. His white sweatshirt, with only her panty on.

Where are my clothes???

"WANG HE DI! I'd kill you if you touch me!"She screamed.

She bolted through the door into the living room. It was a nice cosy little apartment with a clean kitchen. No one seemed to be at home.

She staggered to the table and found a note.

Shen, I need to go to office. Drink the hangover soup. I had to change you because you vomited in the car. Nasty stuff. If you need to take a day off, call Peng. FYI, your clothes are in the dryer.

Wang.

P/ S Nothing happened between us.

She was not sure if she should laugh or cry at his dry humor.

It was her fault to drink. She felt embarrassed for dirtying his car as well, making a mental note to compensate him.

She sniffed the soup and found herself salivating. Wang's girlfriend sure is lucky. Expect that he is a player.

After the meal, she felt better. She started looking around his apartment.

His other room was empty but it was painted in a girly color (pink, the color she would cringe) and there were some clothes in the wardrobe.

So, a stay-in girlfriend? Wouldn't she know that he has been two-timing her?

There was a photo of his girlfriend in graduation attire and him standing next to her. They must have dated since university.

"Graduation photos." She mumbled, as she traced the outline of his face. He did not change much over the years.

Still handsome.

Suddenly, something struck her. She quickly dialed Peng's number.

"Peng, I need you to find all the graduation photos in Wang Yi Bo's year. Maybe the 3 years he was in varsity. Send them to my folder. Yes, I will be back to office."

She paused. Her face turned pale.

"When did the note arrive?"

Her knees buckled under her as she slid down to the floor. A ping came in and she opened the attachment.

Well done, officers. You have witnessed the spectacular show at the university. Now, see if you can catch the next movie in 72 hours' time.
WYB

She glanced at her watch. They only had 60 hours left.

48 hours to the next bombing...

After Yue found Wang Yi Bo's graduation photo, there was a statewide search for him. It was a frenzy.

Clues led them to believe that his next plan was to bomb either his former working place or his own neighborhood.

Didi was adamant to do a parole in Wang Yi Bo's neighbourhood but Yue thought it was a waste of time.

"We can get the patrol officers to do so, Wang. I think we need to interview Prof Yan again."

"If you asked me, that is a waste of time. Wang Yi Bo got mad because he did not get the scholarship he was supposed to. We also know he was dismissed from his previous job. He is definitely going after the people who had ridiculed him."

Yue frowned. "That is a long list and knowing him, he is not going to be that personal to hit on everyone. He would pick a location..."

"Or another person on the list. Just like Prof Yan."

"He wants to make a statement. We need to know what his motive is."

"Officer Shen! Forget about his motive! If we had a better profile, we would know his whereabouts by now!"

Silence filled the room immediately. Didi shifted his feet.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I was just saying that—-"

Yue cleared her throat. "I get it. Officer Wang, why don't you go with your gut feelings and check on his neighbourhood? Interview some old neighbours or his school teachers. I will talk to Prof Yan one more time."

"Shen—-" he started but Yue already left the room.

Peng and Yu Zheng looked sharply at Didi.

"What? We were just discussing."

Peng shook his head. "That was disrespectful. She saved your life."

Didi wanted to respond that he saved hers but the argument could go on for days, like the chicken and egg story.

"You were mean, Didi. Make it up to her." Yu Zheng said.

"I said sorry, didn't I?"

"Dumbass! Sorry is not everything. Make her feel better. We know she is doing her best. Tell her you trust her."

"What if I still think I was right?"

"Who cares who is right? We just want to catch Wang Yi Bo. Sometimes Officer Wang, your ego is just over the top."

"Where are you going, Yu Zheng?"

His friend snickered. "Get lunch for boss. Didn't you notice? She hadn't eaten anything since this morning."

"Yu Zheng. I will do it." Didi said quietly. His short fuse was well-known but to unleash it upon her was unreasonable.

"You sure? Don't rub more salt on her wound."

"Okay, I heard you! Let me do it right for her, okay?"

Yu Zheng smiled. "That's more like it."

Didi found her in the green space area, next to the cafeteria, quietly drinking her Americano. She met his eyes when he stood in front of her.

"I'm sorry, Shen. That was out of line." Didi quickly said, handing a paper bag to her. "I got lunch for you since you didn't eat."

She smiled, wanly. "You are such a jerk, Officer Wang. But apologies accepted. And you are right."

Didi cocked his head, baffled.

"I didn't do a good job with his profiling. So, I will be going through the details again today."

"You did your best."

"Obviously the best is not enough to catch this monster. Hmm, this sandwich is delicious." She mumbled as she munched.

"Wait, Shen." She froze as his hand reached out to the side of her lip, rubbing off the excess mayonnaise. Her skin tingled at his touch.

"Thanks, thank you." She looked down, feeling a flush on her face.

"I will be going to his neighborhood after this. I can catch you later to see if I can fill in the gaps." Didi suggested, as he sat down.

She nodded. "We don't have much time. I will be at the office till we get that son-of-a-bitch."

He laughed. "Don't wander out to drink anymore."

She laughed nervously, catching his joke. It was already embarrassing that he had seen her naked.

"Oh, that night at my place.."

"Don't need to mention it again, Officer Wang." She said, quickly.

He smiled mischievously. "It was Lin who changed you, not me."

She stared at his back as he rose up, that cheeky grin still on his face. That jerk led her believed that he saw her body!

"See you later, Shen."

What an asshole. But why did he have to be so handsome?

He arrived back at the station, after 10pm. It had been a long day for him. He had interviewed his former neighbours, even his school teachers.

As a student, Wang Yo Bo had always been reserved. His parents were equally social outcasts.

No one spoke or knew much about his family, except the night his father was murdered in the house, and the police came. They could not find his mother or him. It was as if they had disappeared into thin air, until years later, he showed up again at his old house.

Didi kept watched for a few hours, hoping the unsub might showed up. When he did not, he requested for patrol officers to back him up instead.

He found Yue in her office, asleep at her desk. She seemed to have spent the whole day, going through all the unsub's profile again.

Did she eat?

He closed her office door, and went one floor down to the vending machine. As he turned the corner, he bumped into a person.

"Miles! What are you doing here? Did Shen ask you to work overtime?" Didi asked, surprised.

Miles smiled. "Not really. She requested me to pull out some old files earlier. But I stayed back to see what else I can do."

"That's great. We need the help. Time is running out. Are you going to the gym now?" Didi asked when he saw his sports bag and gym gloves.

"You really got a good eye, Didi. Just wanna sweat it out before heading home. Does Shen need anything else?"

Didi shook his head. "She won't be needing anything now except for Lalaland. See you around, Miles."

He had always liked Miles, even though he could be outright weird. All geeks are weird, in a sense. That included Shen Yue.

He smiled, thinking about the night she was drunk. After Lin changed her, he was putting a wet towel on her forehead when she spoke.

"Officer Wang. Is that you?"

He nodded. "Shen. Sorry you have to stay here tonight. I don't know your apartment passcode."

She smiled. "Good. I don't want to be alone."

Before he could respond, she grabbed his hand and put it on her face. "Hmm, this feels good. Wang, stay with me."

He stiffened. "Shen. You should get some sleep".

"Don't tell me what to do!" She suddenly flung his hand away and sat up. "Everyone tells me I shouldn't be with him. But I loved him. Are you going to stop me too?"

Her eyes were still half-closed as she pouted. "Good riddance to him. Two-timer. Just like you."

She pointed a finger at him, before collapsing back on the bed. Within seconds, she was snoring softly.

Didi watched her with amusement. He brushed her hair from her face. "Woman, you are mystery."

Someone in the past must have hurt her. Is that Dylan guy she is dating, having an affair?

He bent down and whispered to her. "If you were my girlfriend, I would never leave you for another woman."

He meant it. But Shen and him were from two different planets. It would be impossible for them to be a couple.

She was still sleeping when he got back to her office. He frowned. If she were to sleep, it was better to sleep on a flat surface.

"Shen, wake up. Let me bring you to the couch."

She stirred and opened her eyes slightly. "Wang."

He took her in his arms, bridal style and laid her on the couch, pulling a blanket over her. She fell asleep again.

He stared at her face. If she were not so stubborn, he would have chased after her. He lowered his face and kissed her cheek. "Shen, you got me."

He placed a few snack packets and water bottle on the table. A little blue note, neatly folded, caught his eye. He should not pry but he had a strange feeling about it.

His eyes widened when he saw the content.

"What the fuck?!"

Officer Shen,
You look so pretty when you sleep. Unfortunately, your brains don't match your beauty.
You should look harder to find me.
WYB

How could he have snuck into her office?! Or have someone delivered this to her? Have Wang Yi Bo been watching them too?

"Son-of-a-bitch!"

She had always watched out for their backs. This time, he vowed to look out for her. He would do anything to protect her.

Author's notes:

As promised, I split the previous chapter into 2 parts. I hope you like this extended version. ☺️

💜💛 Hsien
Completed 19.3.2021

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

50.3K 3.2K 59
#WATTYS2020 The lives of rap songwriter, Wang He Di and aspiring singer, Shen Yue, intertwine at a music club in Suzhou. It is love at first sight fo...
17.4K 730 9
Despite the high fever, Yue decides not to take a break from the filming of Meteor Garden and faints on set. Fortunately, a great nurse takes care of...
66.5K 2.3K 30
For the love of Meteor Garden 2018. Short stories initially written for the #MeteorGardenFanFicFestival on the Instagram account of @everyoutfitonmet...
EVERGLOW بواسطة katana

قصص الهواة

73.2K 3.4K 38
A forced marriage brings together two actors already on the road to falling in love. But a misunderstanding tears them apart. Two years later, they a...