ALONE [JJK]

By StupidButCute00

"Your eyes are like smoke: gray and full of heat." His own eyes dipped into yours, his arms only slightly loo... More

Prologue
Chapter ONE
Chapter TWO
Chapter THREE
Chapter FOUR
Chapter FIVE
Chapter SIX
Chapter SEVEN
Chapter EIGHT
Chapter NINE
Chapter TEN
Chapter ELEVEN
Chapter TWELVE
Chapter THIRTEEN
IMPORTANT
Chapter FOURTEEN
Chapter FIFTEEN
Chapter SIXTEEN
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Chapter NINETEEN
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty - Four
Chapter Thirty - Five
Chapter Thirty - Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty - Eight
Chapter Thirty - Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty - Two
Chapter Forty - Three
Chapter Forty - Four
Chapter Forty - Five
Chapter Forty - Six
Chapter Forty - Seven
Chapter Forty - Eight
Chapter Forty - Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two -Part 01-
Chapter Fifty Two -Part 02-
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-nine

Chapter EIGHTEEN

3.7K 245 22
By StupidButCute00

you didn't know if the doorbell sound was inside your dream or in reality but one thing you were sure about is that you completely hate it which means it's in the middle of the night disturbing your precious sleep after hours of beating yourself over that kiss. 

the doorbell continued bothering you even though you tried to ignore it, you almost felt like crying. Sleeping is a priority to you and now there's someone taking it away.

"better be something worth it," you cursed under your breath while wearing your blue slippers before walking toward the door, the cold breeze hitting your cheeks in the courtyard making the whole situation worse.

you opened the door to find an annoyed-looking familiar face facing you, "the fuck you have a phone for?" he whispered-yelled at you, "I have been calling you for an hour...... anyway, hurry and get dressed you're called for in the station," Taehyung rolled his eyes and sighed.

you started at him confused for a second, "Called for? what happened?"

"Don't you get it? I said hurry which means you don't have to ask questions you'll know everything once we're there..... hurry" Taehyung casually pushed you inside the house and invited himself in.

you walked away from him once you were inside the living room, "you could have used this time to explain rather than being a jerk." you gave him a dirty look before walking toward your room to get dressed.

"You should thank me for suggesting you take the case, it's your first serious one after joining our unit," you heard Taehyung saying.

"Something is telling me this isn't the whole truth," you answered while pulling up your black jean, your bedroom isn't far from the living room and the door isn't thick to block the sound so you could hear him perfectly.

"Obviously," Taehyung said, "You're in my team so we'll be working together and if we could solve it which I am sure of, I'd take most of the credit since I am your superior."

You rolled your eyes, "Jerk." whispering the word you finished wearing the jacket and looked around for your bag to get your phone, as Taehyung said you found many missed called but it was silent for some reason that you didn't care, you don't feel bad for making the man drive all the way here.

"Okay, let's go," You told Taehyung who was on the sofa waiting for you.

.

"Choi Sarang case? I thought it's Officer Jung's case" You looked toward the man who's driving, he decided to explain his sudden appearance and the case you were called to join.

"Well, it's ours now," He said, not looking at you and choose to focus on the road, "So, Choi Sarang, 22 years old female was abducted from the driveway of her family house, her car was parked there, the engine working, her bag and personal items were inside the car."

"I know that .... I overheard some information about this case here and there," You explained also noticing how Taehyung's tone changed as soon as he started to talking about the matter giving you the idea that he takes his job and especially in this case a little bit seriously more than the others, "I also heard that the abducted is calling her family..." 

"Yeah he's been calling them for no specific reason for two weeks now, he demanded no ransom in exchange for releasing the victim instead he only asks to talk to her sister about random shit," Taehyung sighed, "I still can't believe with all the technology Korea had developed we couldn't track his phone, he's using some sort of hacking that every time the cyber unit tries to track the computers shut down completely,"

"I see," You nodded, you could feel the tension at the station for the whole week but you had put a rule to yourself that you won't intervene in any case that's not yours. "So what changed now that you came all the way to my house at this hour?" 

Taehyung held the sterling wheel tightly, "He called again a few hours ago. This time he gave the sister a countdown." You could see anger first in his eyes when he looked at you, the tension of his muscles was obvious. He knew what the countdown meant but somehow the man refuses to believe and he chooses hope over giving up. His actions say all that. You didn't need to point it out.

"So? why the chief gave us a case so serious?" You asked. Crimes are generally graded into four categories: Felonies, Misdemeanors, Felony-misdemeanors, and Infractions. Felonies are the most serious crimes. They are either supported by a heinous intent, like the intent to kill, or accompanied by an extremely serious result, such as loss of life, grievous injury, or destruction of property while the infractions are the least serious ones and include minor offenses such as jaywalking and motor vehicle offenses that result in a simple traffic ticket. This case of Choi Sarang was obviously graded as in the felonies grade which was that it was given to the least experienced team that usually take care of Infractions only. 

"It's still a case of abduction, we still don't know what will happen," He sighed. then parked the car next to the station door, you didn't even notice that you arrived. You watched Taehyungg walk out of the car and you followed.

"It's either you're lying to yourself or you are an idiot." You rolled your eyes as you walked beside him toward the door. "I didn't want to point it out because I feel like you know the situation, but if you'll be acting this way It will be a problem."

He gritted his teeth and clenched his fist breathing deeply he looked up to you with a serious yet determined look. "I won't lose hope until the very end, as soon as we didn't find her I wo-"

"IDIOT," You suddenly shouted interrupting his words, making not just Taehyung but the other officers that were inside to stop and look at you, "If you'll be acting this way we'll lose the chance to actually catch the man, wake up, will you?" You spoke bitterly, your eyes holding anger towards him making him stunned for a second. Of course, even you were stunned, probably ever since you met him you showed no emotions such as. 

"The first priority is to find Sarang, ALIVE," He glared at you and of course you'd glare back. He was acting stupid.

"YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE FUCKING COUNTDOWN IS A CHALLENGE TO FIND HER BODY.......... by body I mean ......dead." You shouted again, the small whispers of the officers around you weren't heard anymore, the look in their faces was shocked at what you said. You clenched your fists in anger and looked away from Taehyung to them, "What? Y'all can't be stupid now,"

"What do you mean by that?" Officer Jung walked toward you and asked. 

You gave Taehyung a last look and started explaining, "The man is clearly showing psychopathic behaviors. He was calling a family member to enjoy their slow suffering by giving them hope and controlling their actions the way he wants to, because he knows the sister will say everything to please him so he won't hurt the victim...... The fact that he called and gave her a countdown means that he's done. Psychopaths are highly intelligent and have an untouchable pride, the possibility that they'll show their face to their victims is high, they won't risk anything......... What I mean is........ He already killed the girl and probably is watching the crime scene from a near place, we have a choice here ...... Go for a useless hope to find the girl alive and lose the man, or go after the man and finally put him in handcuffs." You took a deep breath after explaining to them the situation. 

"We don't work like that here, Officer Kim;" Taehyung said again, Angry, "even if it's a 1 percent hope that I will find her alive I will take it." He clenched his fists more tightly as he looked at you as if you were the person who killed his parents or done something THAT terrible while you were here giving him the best option to work. Stupid.

"Kim Taehyung," You sharply inhaled, never looking away from him, "Did you drove me all the way here to disagree the moment I speak?" 

"I called you here to help, do whatever the hell you do in order to help the victim and catch the man," Taehyung added, you didn't understand why he was acting this way, "But if you'll give up just like that before even we're sure she's isn't alive, then I prefer you stay out of this." The man added then turned around leaving.

"STAY OUT OF IT THE WAY YOU ALL TOLD ME TO DO THE OTHER TIME?" You shouted when most of the officers followed Taehyung, Taehyung turned and gave you a look but walked away after. "Idiots," 

"Guess I will have to work alone again," You sighed before grabbing your phone.

"Are you Sarang's sister?" You asked as you entered the cybercrime unit department, you figured the girl sitting next to the phone looking all sad with dry tears on her cheeks would be the sister. 

"Y-yes," the girl answered as you walked toward her taking the seat in front of her. 

"Officer Kim Y/N, I'd like to ask you a few questions if it's okay," You asked and she quickly nodded. 

"Thank you," You sighed, "Do you perhaps know or saw around a man in his 30s who's overweight, unattractive, shy..... probably polite to everyone else....." you asked while looking at the profile you've been working on for the last five hours, it was already the morning and Taehyung was not around yet, he still thinks he can find the girl...... You respect this of him but you also believe in yourself and what the situation says. 

"No, that doesn't remind me of anything," The young lady apologizes, "O-officer Kim........ Please be honest with me, is there a chance my sister is alive? there are only six hours left, is he going to kill her? or he already did? .......and..... " he tears started to fall again. 

You stared at her eyes, something told you she didn't believe she can see her sister ever again. It was like she lost all hope. You never believed lying to a family member is the right thing to do, the same as doctors have no choice but, to be honest to the patent's family, you were also obligated to say what you believe, "We still don't know anything, but, ....... I hope you'd be ready for the worst.."

Her tears fell more, the idea of losing someone you love must be terrifying. 

"Officer Kim Y/N?" 

You turned around when you heard your name being called, an officer you saw around was standing by the door.

"Yes?" 

"The chief wants to see you," he informed you, the tone he used was uncalled for. like he really didn't want to talk to you. 

You sighed and looked at the young lady again, "I am sorry but I have to go," 

She just nodded and continued to wipe her tears.

.

"You called me, Sir?" you entered the chief's office after knocking. The fifty-something years old man was standing next to the big window, looking outside. He only turned when he heard your voice. 

"Oh yes, please close the door and take a seat," he nodded and walked to sit on his own chair. 

You did what he told you and closed the door, joining him on his desk. 

You heard him take a deep sigh before speaking, "I heard what you said to the officers about Choi Sarang's case," 

"Oh!" You looked away from him, you could easily start defending yourself but one wrong word from you and you could lose your job. You still didn't find what you came here to find so getting fired wasn't an option. "I am sor--"

"Are you sure about what you said?" he cut your words, the man's face turning surprisingly serious. You looked at him confused demanding more info, "I have been in contact with Detective Jean Famm, he actually said a few things about you, some bad and some good."

Jean Famm, he the detective you worked under when you used to be in London Police Dep. An asshole but a good man.

"Not considering your lack of empathy and the proper human behavior, he said your profiling skills are the best." the chief continued, lack of empathy and the proper human behavior? Yep that's definitely Jean's words. "He informed me that you won't say anything but what you think is the truth, I trust Famm ...... therefore I am asking you one more time, are you sure that there isn't any hope Choi Sarang would be alive?"

You looked at the chief dead in the eyes, you must be confident if you want to work here, "Yes, Sir ...... like any other missing person case, if it's passed 48h we're looking for a body. the abductor is not just an abductor....... he showed every sign of a possible psychopath." You started, "Alos it's highly possible that he'll do it again, we have an opportunity to catch him before that."  

"Alright," The man stood up. 

Alright? just like that

"Officer Kim Y/N, you have the permission and the authority to investigate the case the way you what to," He declared, walked past the surprised-looking you and opened the door, signing with his hand he called the officer from earlier, "Officer Lee, you'll be working with Kim Y/N. Make sure to help her with the investigation I gave her,."

"Yes, Sir," The man nodded and looked at you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 157 9
"Well... yeah I will get in trouble if I failed, but..." He resumes walking, hearing Yoongi take an uneasy step forward. "But what?" He forces out of...
14.8K 1.1K 24
taehyung finds his mate in some weird arrogant alpha who for no reason stares at him with disgust in his eyes. A mentally tired taehyung with stars...
1.4K 773 24
( COMPLETE ) A Bts Jungkook ff ~ "Y/n, we were both caught up in a web of lies. It's natural to feel regret, but thinking about it too much won't cha...
251K 8.1K 37
[COMPLETED] I entered the club and after minutes of searching for Jungkook, I finally found him drinking at the bar, alone. I pulled up my mask to...