Twin Kitsunes: Fox's Game

By XXrogueXlucyXX

Trouble always finds a way to Araya and Akiya. The two had managed to get their best friend Storm out of an u... More

Prologue.
PT. I
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
PT. II
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
PT. III
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
PT. IV
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
45.
46.
Epilogue.

44.

19 1 0
By XXrogueXlucyXX

Special Bonds

Araya

AS Ren led us into the asylum cafeteria it became how obvious on how little I meant to them. The only use I have is as my father's daughter and he didn't have quite a good track record anymore. The only useful one now is Akiya.

Daiki stayed close at my side watching Ren. When we came through the cafeteria doors my eyes gravitated to the kitsunes sitting at the front of the steps.

They looked to be in their mid-twenties. They wore modern clothing unlike some of the nogitsunes here. By dad's uncomfortable face I took a guess that those two were the kitsune twins who could become a problem.

At the front of the cafeteria sat Miki and Jack. Miki was eating sushi when Ren came in. She looked up quite bored before her eyes lit up upon seeing our ragtag group.

Issei remained behind Daiki and I while dad had Akiya behind him. Akiya had managed to text Nightshade and Storm before Ren took it away. All we could do now is hope that they would get here in time.

As of right now the only ones we could depend on here to put up a fight would be dad and Daiki. Even then those twins are the biggest threats.

I hadn't thought of mom in a while but anger flood me knowing she left. If she had been here, we probably could have handled ourselves. Hell, we probably could've been out of this situation by now. But now we have to play it by our rules.

Daiki remained firmly in front of me his right hand holding mine. Miki stepped down and headed over.

"Daiki my darling. You've returned." Miki mused a smile crossing her face.

Daiki refused to walk anywhere towards her. Hurt crossed Miki's face she quickly masked it up. "Not of my free will." Daiki bitterly responded as Miki took a deep breath.

"And I assume you aren't here in good faiths are you Raiden?" Miki asked.

"I've had one desire for the past two decades and that is my children. Not what you want nor have." Dad responded as I held onto Daiki's shirt. His arm held mine as he kept me in sight.

I could feel his mother giving me a nasty look.

She definitely didn't like me. I couldn't figure out why she didn't like me. What could I have done to her? The only thing I could think of would-be Daiki. Daiki had abandoned her for me. He had stayed with me and completely forgot about his mom. She didn't like me because of that as well as other reasons.

Dad had managed to get Akiya without much struggle but after me was when everything descended back into chaos. After I had been taken was when everything went wrong. Miki blamed me for it no doubt.

"Mm that may be so Raiden, but I believe me helping you means you help me and as far as I'm concerned, you're one of the reasons Daiki left." Miki responded.

"Mom, no one is responsible for that besides me. I chose what I wanted." Daiki quickly spoke up as Miki turned her gaze over to her son. Irritation fluttered across her face upon seeing Daiki standing against her.

"Are you sure Daiki? I do believe you were on a suppressant." Miki taunted.

"And now it's gone mother. I'm still here. What I do is none of your concern." Daiki responded.

"Seems like someone may need another lesson in respect." Jack mused from besides Miki as I stood behind Daiki holding his hand.

I glanced behind me where the two twins were leaned up against the wall. The female twin was a bit shorter and had black hair in a pixie cut while the male twin was a few inches taller and had a similar hair but in a more masculine style.

The two watched us holding their katanas in their hand. The two were intimidating enough on their own but knowing they killed their brother made it even worse.

"And you need your head knocked back on Jack. Last time I checked I'm not out kidnapping werewolves who wouldn't hesitate to rip your fucking head off if given a chance." Daiki spat out.

Jack went to move forward his hand on his blade. Dad moved forward at the same time just as Ren jumped back. Before anyone could clash Miki moved forward cutting off Jack's path. His eyes glowed orange as he angrily turned around.

Miki shook her head as she turned back towards us. "I have tried so hard to be play nice, but my patience is almost gone." Miki responded.

"As is mine Miki. I would like to be left alone in peace." Dad responded.

Miki watched him. "You don't just get to run free after I helped you get your children back. You owe me Raiden. And your fucking daughter made me son leave." Miki snapped as Daiki glared at her.

"I don't owe you shit Miki! I would kill to see try to make me do something. In case you forgot I'm older than you, and your sort of lacking in the one person who ever convinced me not to fuck you up." Dad said as he took a step forward.

Miki glared at him.

Daiki was beginning to get restless. I could see it in his eyes how uncertain he is.

We have no idea how this is going to go. This could go wrong in so many ways. Miki stopped as she reached the last step.

"I don't need Kota to handle you. In case you forgot Raiden there is way more people on my side. You are lacking the one thing that gave you an advantage." Miki retorted as she walked down. Jack stood silently behind her.

Dad faced off against her calm as he could be. Issei shifted nervously next to Akiya who had been silent watching everything. He had his eyes on the twins behind us, the biggest threat.

Dad watched her. "I'm not lacking anything." Dad hissed out.

Miki smiled before looking at Jack. "Take care of it." Miki told him before she looked over at me. Daiki watched his mother cautiously before Jack headed over.

No one responded fast enough. From the way Jack was walking it looked as if he was heading for my dad before he changed directions in a snap of a finger. His hand went straight to a long dagger at his side. Daiki attempted to shove him away and draw his own hidden weapon, but Jack was both physically stronger and faster.

"Araya move!"

Just as I went to skid away Jack grabbed me right by my arm and spun me around. I was slammed into him as he held the dagger to my throat.

"You come any closer Raiden and I'll kill her." Jack responded.

I went frozen in terror as the cold blade pressed against my neck. "Put it down Jack." Dad warned.

"Or what? Last time I checked Raiden you're not in quite a bargaining situation, now are you?" Jack asked with a smirk.

He pressed the dagger harder into my neck as I winced. Everything in me wanted to cry. Terror ran through me as I looked up catching Daiki's gaze. The look of fear in his eyes did the opposite of soothing me. Akiya's still form made it worse.

"You kill her Jack and I'll fucking rip you to pieces." Dad snarled.

"You could always make another one Raiden. . . oh wait. I believe your beloved kitsune left you. Might have to find someone else. She does look a lot like her though." Jack taunted with a smirk on his face.

"I tried to be nice Raiden. But I'm all done now." Miki said and dad whirled on her.

"Nice? You call hunting me and my children nice? I'll fucking kill you Miki. There isn't a force strong enough to stop me. Let her go!"

Miki rolled her eyes. "My patience is up. Kill her Jack." I saw the thrilled grin on his face just as he went to slice.

Just as the blade pressed in a low growl came from behind him. Jack went still as he turned around slowly.

Behind him a large coffee colored wolf stood behind him. The wolf stood tall with the lips curled up revealing large white fangs. His grip on me loosened. "Good wolf." Jack whispered and the wolf let out another snarl and stepped closer.

Just as the blade pushed away from my neck, I ripped myself out of his grasp. Jack lunged for me just as the wolf let out a large snarl mixed with a bark. Jack stopped dead in his tracks and turned around to face the wolf.

"Jack move." Miki warned him.

The twins had pushed themselves up at the sudden intrusion of a werewolf. One good look at the wolf told me it was Storm. Her eyes shot over to me before quickly refocusing as Jack backed up.

"Good girl, you don't want to hurt me." Jack's voice was sickly sweet. From his tone it was easy to tell he was used to talking werewolves down. But Storm had no intention to be talked down.

I backed up just as my dad grabbed me quickly yanking him over.

"Jack move now!" Miki urged him to move however Jack didn't listen.

Which became his downfall.

"Good girl." Jack attempted to praise her as Storm's ears perked forward. Her bright gold eyes spoke that Storm wasn't in control but the wolf. Storm slowly approached him. She was leading him on.

Jack smiled. She stopped a few feet away from him. "See Miki, I know what I'm doing. Now continue." Jack responded.

At his confidence Storm sprung straight for him.

"Jack!"

The room quickly dived into chaos as Storm slammed into him catching him by his shoulder. The two went rolling as he slammed his dagger into her shoulder. Storm yelped but the continued to attack.

The two rolled across the floor as Storm landed on top. His hand was squeezing in her fur before a loud tearing noise came out as she ripped his throat clean out.

A werewolf's bite was the only other thing that could kill a kitsune besides our foxfire blessed blades.

"We need to go!" Dad began pushing us all out as Daiki appeared at my side. He paused and turned towards Ren.

"Ren?" Daiki asked.

She turned towards him. Miki looked at her daughter in disbelief. And in that moment Ren fled out to the door. We didn't wait to see what happened afterwards as total chaos descended once more, and Storm fled.

We went out the back door just as something in the back of the cafeteria caught fire.

Daiki had managed to get the keys from Ren during the scramble. Soon we were out and I saw Keilah over at the car. He looked up.

"Where is Storm?" Keilah asked.

"She ran off." Akiya told him as dad unlocked his car. I looked over just as Storm's wolf came trotting out followed by Schuyler to my surprise.

"Get in the car we need to go." Dad told me as Storm leapt up into the car Keilah had as Diana appeared.

"Thank you." Akiya told Keilah who nodded.

We got into the stolen car as dad sped off.

"Is Jack dead?" I asked.

Issei looked over. "One bite he could've survived but she ripped his throat clean out. There is no way he survived that." Issei told us.

"And mom isn't going to risk attempting to get his fox spirit out from the other side. She's done too much of that and has gone to recruiting. She's desperate considering those kitsune twins." Daiki spoke up as he sat beside me his arm around me.

Dad and Akiya were in the front.

"Dad do you know about those twins?" Akiya asked speaking up.

Dad looked over at him. "I have a brief understanding. They were triplets and one of them advanced faster than the other two. So out of jealousy they killed him." Dad told us and Akiya nodded.

He took a deep breath. "Let's just get home. We'll deal with this later."

1980. Only two chapters left now! ***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56K 1.3K 42
[π‘π‘œπ‘šπ‘π‘™π‘’π‘‘π‘’βœ] ───── β‹†β‹…β˜†β‹…β‹† ───── β•°β”ˆβž€ ❝ Aimi." I look down at Malia, and her hand comes up to my cheek. "I don't wanna die here without you...
1.8K 164 38
Life has returned to ordinary. . . sort of. With two nogitsunes in the house life can get complicated for Akiya and Araya, but they got it covered...
2.7K 54 5
When Rachel McKenna uncovers a Japanese katana her first day on the job at the Jade Dragon antique shop, she awakens an ancient spirit and two souls...
1.7K 118 38
The worst thing yet has struck in Araya's family and friends. Her twin brother Akiya going missing. A trip to the grocery store gone wrong. His car t...