2. Seeing Purple | Scott McCa...

By enchantingherondale

Brooklyn 'Brooke' Hale is back in Beacon Hills after a short time away. She expects to live out her senior ye... More

✰ ℂ𝕒𝕀π•₯ ✰
✰ 1 ✰
✰ 2 ✰
✰ 3 ✰
✰ 4 ✰
✰ 5 ✰
✰ 6 ✰
✰ 7 ✰
✰ 8 ✰
✰ 9 ✰
✰ 10 ✰
✰ 11 ✰
✰ 12 ✰
✰ 13 ✰
✰ 14 ✰
✰ 15 ✰
✰ 16 ✰
✰ 17 ✰
✰ 18 ✰
✰ 19 ✰
✰ 20 ✰
✰ 21 ✰
✰ 22 ✰
✰ 23 ✰
✰ 24 ✰
✰ 25 ✰
✰ 27 ✰
✰ 28 ✰
✰ 𝔸𝕔π•₯ 𝕋𝕨𝕠 ✰
✰ 29 ✰
✰ 30 ✰
✰ 31 ✰
✰ 32 ✰
✰ 33 ✰
✰ 34 ✰
✰ 35 ✰
✰ 36 ✰
✰ 37 ✰
✰ 38 ✰
✰ 39 ✰
✰ 40 ✰
✰ 41 ✰
✰ 42 ✰
✰ 43 ✰
✰ 44 ✰
✰ 45 ✰
✰ 46 ✰
✰ 47 ✰
✰ 48 ✰
✰ 49 ✰
✰ 50 ✰
✰ 51 ✰
✰ 52 ✰
✰ 53 ✰
✰ 54 ✰

✰ 26 ✰

1K 27 2
By enchantingherondale

↖︎ 𝓐 𝓟𝓲𝓴𝓮 ↖︎

With an arm around her waist, Scott led Brooklyn into his bedroom that same evening. With their efforts to try and find Mason being useless they'd all decided to pack it in for the night to recharge and hopefully come up with an idea for how they were going to try and find him tomorrow.

Brooke sat down on the boys's bed as he went to his wardrobe to grab another T-shirt that wasn't covered in blood. The girl took of her shoes and neatly placed them by the foot of the bed as Scott made his way back over. He sat down in front of the girl sighing, "We gotta find them."

"I know but there's nothing we can do right now." Brooklyn replied. "Out of every ability he could have, Corey just had to be able to turn invisible, didn't he?" she huffed.

Scott let out a hum of agreement. He began pushing the different note pads and highlighters off of his bed when he caught hold of a brown envelope. He stared at it sadly for a couple seconds making Brooke ask, "What is it?"

"Scholarship application." the McCall boy muttered. "I missed the due date." He brought a hand up to his forehead and rubbed it harshly.

"Hey." the healer called. She moved closer to him and took ahold of his wrist. She moved the hand from his head and placed a kiss on his cheek. "We'll figure it out. Right now, we're gonna sleep and forget about everything for a while. Okay?"

The McCall boy gave her a soft smile. He brought her closer to himself and gave her a sweet kiss on the lips. "Okay." he told her.

He moved over to the other side of the bed and pulled back the covers. The two of them slid underneath and instantly moved closer to each other. Scott hugged Brooklyn from behind and rested his face in her hair. Brooke switched off the lamp before nestling her head back on the boy's chest.

"Goodnight, Brooke." Scott whispered.

The girl smiled despite that he couldn't see it. "Goodnight, Scott."

They both relaxed, feeling nothing but safe in each other's warmth. And even though they had so much to worry about and so much to do. They slept peacefully that night. All the needed was each other.

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

When Brooklyn awoke the next morning she felt colder. Arms were no longer around her and her head rested on a propped up pillow. The other side of the bed only slightly lingered with remaining warmth meaning that Scott had gotten up some time ago and carefully left her to continue to get some much needed sleep.

The girl quickly put her shoes back on and fixed her tangled hair before making her way downstairs. She could hear voices coming from the kitchen so she headed in that direction.

"My dad's got an APB out" she heard Stiles say.

"For a five-foot-eight sixteen year old?" Kira remarked.

"I recommended nine-foot tall rampaging werewolf." the Stilinski responded.

"It still might not be him." Liam put out there. "But, Hayden's at the school looking."

"I can keep checking the woods." Malia suggested.

"My mom can check all the hospitals in the country. We can find him." Scott added.

"What happens then?" Liam questioned.

"We figure out a way to save him." the Alpha told his beta.

"Okay, where else can we look?" Lydia inquired.

Brooklyn rounded the corner then, when something caught her eye. She made her presence known but saying, "Any input, Corey?" and flinging out her hand to grab the front of the boy's hoodie as he became visible. Everyone jumped back in surprise obviously having no clue he'd been there the whole time.

She pulled him right to her and looked at him with scrutinising eyes. The boy spluttered stammering, "Wait. Wait. It's not my fault. They took him and I couldn't do anything. They took him..."

"Who?" Brooklyn asked.

Gulping, Corey responded, "The Dread Doctors."

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

With everyone being assigned a task to do to try and help find Mason, Brooklyn ended up walking through the halls of Beacon Hills High. She was with Scott and Liam and they were on their way to talk to the devil himself. And one of his little worshippers.

"How stupid are we to be doing this?" Liam questioned. The three of them making their way down the bustling hall to the boys locker room.

"We're not stupid. We're desperate." Scott reasoned.

The beta wrung his hands together. "How desperate?"

"Muy." Brooklyn answered.

Scott shoved open the door to the changing room to see Theo and Tracy already inside. Liam and Brooke wore very unimpressed looks. They took a couple steps inside and shut the door behind them, careful not to have anyone listen in.

The McCall boy took a firm grip of Brooke's hand as they stopped in front of Theo. He still didn't like the girl being anywhere near the guy who'd nearly killed her but it was necessary at this moment. That didn't mean he wasn't concerned though.

"I told you we'd end up on the same side." Theo stated smugly.

"How about I punch you in the balls to remind you we're not?" Liam chirped.

The chimera boy chuckled. "I love this kid."

"I don't." Tracy spoke up from where she leant against some lockers.

Brooklyn tilted her head at the girl and gave her a sarcastic smile. "Feelings mutual."

"We know you're not on our side, Theo." Scott cut in, trying to make the atmosphere less tense. Though as he said that, he squeezed Brooke's hand. "You said you wanted to help Lydia, but you left Eichen with something else, didn't you?"

"You mean the mask?" the boy inquired. He watched their reactions and smiled a little. "Are you worried about that?"

"Did you put it on?" the True Alpha questioned. He didn't speak but his silence said it all.

Brooke narrowed her eyes at him. "Who did you see?"

Theo's eyes flicked to her briefly. "Not Mason."

"What's that mean? It's not him?" Liam asked.

"It probably means he's a lost cause." Tracy quipped. Liam looked at her with his jaw clenched and nostrils flared.

"We all want the same thing. We want Mason back." Theo said. The Hale girl gazed at him weirdly. He was too happy about this.

"Okay, but the difference is that we want him back alive." Scott announced.

The chimera boy took a couple taunting steps forward. "Well, I'm open to compromise. You still got the map with telluric currents on it? Bring it to the operating theatre in two hours."

With that, Liam, Scott and Brooke left. They'd made it outside and barely shut the door when the beta asked again, "How desperate are we?"

Scott huffed. "Incredibly."

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

Two hours later, guess what.

Brooklyn was at the operating theatre.

She walked in with the same two werewolves to see Theo staring at an empty tank with his back to them. Sensing their presence he began saying, "They called him Der Soldat. It's German for 'the soldier'. I'm pretty sure he fought in World War II." The chimera boy then turned to face the other three teens and met their gazes.

"He was a Nazi." Scott filled in.

"And an Alpha werewolf." Theo added. "The Dread Doctors were using him to prolong their lives. They've been doing it for decades. Actually, probably longer."

Liam's eyebrows drew together in slight curiosity. "How old are these guys?"

"Who knows." Theo replied. "But whatever they go, he goes, too."

Brooklyn crossed her arms over her chest. "So how do we find him?"

"Keeping him alive requires a pretty unique set of conditions. There's got to be a power source. It has to be underground..." the chimera began to list when Scott cut him off.

"And on a telluric current." the True Alpha said. He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out the folded up map. He held it out to Theo who took it.

The boy unfolded it, taking a look at what was shown on the paper. How all the lines crossed through one particular place. Theo smirked. "Looks like we're going for a hike."

The boy was absolutely right. The four of them ended up in Beacon Hills preserve in the middle of the evening. Brooklyn pulled the ends of her jumper over her hands as the chilly air nipped at her skin. Honestly, she'd rather not be out there in the darkness, cold and with nothing but a map to go off but she was. And she didn't like it.

"Where is he?" Scott questioned Theo.

"I thought we were looking for him." the chimera responded.

Scott turned his head to the boy next to him as the four of them walked along the dirt path at a moderate pace. "You know who I'm talking about."

Theo merely blinked. "Deucalion?"

"You shouldn't trust him." the McCall boy stated.

The chimera continued to look straight ahead as they walked. "You're the one that let him live."

"I'm not a murderer." Scott said firmly.

"You still think you're going to get through all of this without killing anyone?" Theo inquired.

"I didn't say that." the True Alpha muttered.

The four of them stopped as Liam came to a halt. The beta's eyes were on the ground when he told them, "We're close."

"You get his scent?" Scott asked. He glanced over at Brooke before he began to take off his jacket. Liam nodded.

"Which way?" Brooklyn questioned as Scott made his way to her. Wordlessly, the boy slipped his jacket over her shoulders and held it for her to put her arms through. He'd noticed her shivering. "Thank you." she whispered to him. Scott gave her a small smile before placing a kiss to her forehead.

Liam clenched his jaw and didn't say anything. Theo scoffed knowing exactly why. "You think you're going to leave me behind?" he accused.

"Liam..." Scott trailed off.

"Look, he wants to kill him." Liam affirmed.

"I just want his power." Theo reasoned. "You want to fight someone that actually wants to kill Mason? Go fight Parrish."

"Who did you see when you put on the mask?" Liam asked him with a knowing look.

"I already told you. It wasn't Mason." the chimera repeated.

"Who was it?" the beta asked again.

Theo looked between the three of them, flinging his arms out in annoyance. "I saw a man dying in the snow. He was impaled on a spear."

"It's called a pike. Lydia told us the story." Brooklyn recalled. They'd heard from the banshee all about the Beast of Gevaudan and the man behind it. How he reigned terror on the people and killed so many. He was an Argent ancestor and his sister had to kill him with a pike forged of steel, their blood, wolfsbane, and mountain ash under a full moon.

"Then the three of you know what it means." the chimera huffed. "Time's running out. Where is he, Liam? What direction?"

The beta remained quiet for a couple of seconds. When he finally gave in, he brushed past Theo and walked further into the woods. "This way."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322K 6.6K 30
Skylar McCall used to worry about things that most teenagers worry about. Turning in her homework on time, passing the next chemistry test, and tryin...
12.5K 258 24
Derek Hale Γ— OC Alex McCall returns to Beacon Hills after receiving a frantic call from her mother regarding her younger brother, Scott. Alex's inst...
288 14 13
Amaya Blair only wanted two things, to get through her junior year of high school and to stay away from the supernatural. And despite knowing about w...
25.4K 305 27
Riley hale daughter of Derek hale 16 years old just come back with her father after they heard that there is a new beta in beacon hills what will hap...