Swallow Your Affection

By Jeebly

You were a recruit, asked to join a rebellion you didn't believe in- to fight against people you didn't know... More

Mock Fight
The Big Question
Supply Drop
Meeting the Revolution
Home Sweet
Dreams and Comforts
Tommy Adventure
House Wrecked
Goat or Ram
When Is This Festival
Funny Meeting You Here
Can We Enjoy a Moment of Peace
Awkward Duckling
Adult Napped
Presidential Convo
Good to be Back
OKAY
Damage Control
Shit Stuck Fuck Help
Good Morning
We Need to Talk
Tommy Advice
Struggling with Direction
Neutral News
Hush Hush
Plan Ass
Returned Kindness
Crow Father
The Sun Can Lie
Tommy Tower
You're Important
The Sixteenth
The True End
Insight
Chill of The North
A Bumpy Recovery
Phil Announcement
Alone Together
Bitter Cold
One More Time
Liquid Strength
Routine
Me and My Compass
Love Bite
Peace of Mind
Hey Birdy
Just a Tad Colder
Arrival
House Arrest
Waiting Game
Retribution Says L'manberg
Chase Down
Chummy Pals
Getting Things Straight
Too Quiet
Visitor
L'Mind Ouch
Is This Normal Now
Green and Homelessness
Appreciate It
Tommy Troubles
Plans and Futures
Investigation
FANART 1
Jailbreak
House Conspiracy
No-one To be Homesick For
Follow Me to My Mirror
Cold Blooded and Angry
FANART 2
Home Base
Depressing Grandpa
Spirit Worker
Abnormal Breakfast
Same Page of Life
Revalations
Burrow Bug
Fanart 3

Is this a Wall

13.3K 589 433
By Jeebly

When the two of you left your cabin, you were in a haze.

Hatred was burning in you, but the feeling of not caring was burning even stronger.

You had nothing to say.

Manberg could go fuck themselves for thinking they had the right to go to your house and leave a letter on your bed saying it was 'funding.'

Did they honestly think that was appropriate behavior?

Why can't they be civilized, and kind- compassionate- anything other then assholes.

You couldn't let yourself stop ruminating on that fact, stewing on it for a very sizable portion of the walk back home.

About halfway through the walk back to the ravine was when you decided to speak.

"Why are people assholes."

The mix between anger and unfeeling tone coming off harsher then intended.

"Why do people think it's okay to go to someone who doesn't want to get caught up in drama- and wreck their shit."

Techno grunted, "And that is why me and people don't mix."

Sighing, you relented, shrugging off as much of your anger as you could, pulling your thoughts straight as you opted to think of the positives.

You weren't living in the cabin anymore- so it didn't matter.

You were living with a revolution, with people like Tommy and Techno- who had your back.

To an extent.

Gods- what if you hadn't made an alliance with them.

What if you never met them, and when you did it was on the opposite side of the sword.

You'd be the sad sack you always were, a loner who lived in the woods, visited every eight years by a friend who actually knows what they want to do in life.

You felt eyes on you, and knew Techno could read your facial expression.

You refused to look at him.

"Do you ever feel like maybe everyone and everything just sucks- even yourself."

Techno looked at you, frown apparent on his lips.

He wasn't comfortable. Be it the discussion, or with the fact that it was you trying to have this discussion, it looked like he didn't want to think about those types of things.

"Do you ever wonder what it'd be like without everyone?" You asked, glancing down to look at your pocket watch. You thumbed the gold on it to try and sooth yourself.

Technoblade was so- difficult to pull into this type of conversation. He was standing at the top of a metaphorical fence, staring down and refusing to jump.

But after enough waiting, he seemed to give, one foot lifting and hovering over the edge.

A scrap of what lay beneath his face peeked at you, a peice of him he let go of with so much kicking and screaming you weren't sure if it was right to take.

"Are you scared of me?" Was the simple question, "Is that why you're talking to me. Is this the whole reason you're prying into my thought process?"

You looked at him in stunned silence. A reply coming out of your mouth as soon as you saw his fist clenching.

"No. You're intimidating to me, yes, but I never questioned the fact that you were a person. Did I make you feel like less of a person by asking those questions? Because if I did I'm sorry-"

Rubbing the back of your neck you weren't sure how to continue, "I just- my own thoughts run rampant sometimes, and my mouth speaks before I think when it gets like that."

"You don't need to apologize."

"I-" you started- breath caught in your throat, before his hand placed itself on your shoulder.

No more words.

Just a squeeze that assured you that you were fine.

That it wasn't a bad thing. Just a thing that would take time.

Techno wasn't comfortable letting down walls-

And you weren't going to force it unless he's open to talking.

In an almost nervous manner he said, "Its not that I don't like you- you're leagues above everyone on my list- alright?" the hand that wasn't currently on your shoulder scratched the back of his neck, "I just have trouble with these things. Words are not my strong suit. Violence is."

He didn't want you to hold something against him for not opening up- that much was clear, and you held nothing against him.

Even with the both of you firmly seated back on the edge of the fence- neither of you were willing to go back down the rabbit hole.

Regardless of awkwardness, you placed a hand on his- the one that was on your shoulder, giving a small squeeze.

This was fine.

Neither of you resented each other.

The both of you walked back home trying to ignore the darker tones, instead focusing on humor again- awkwardly laughing off any trace of depressing thoughts.

The sun was getting lower and lower in the sky, dusk creeping up on the both of you.

A few animals were killed along the way- dinner- probably, Techno holding two chickens by the feet when the both of you walked back into the ravine.

The last glimmers of sunset vanished, forest being shrouded in darkness.

Techno arrived at the entrance first, digging into the dirt room and letting you in before closed the entrance off.

L'dog was curled up next to the crafting table, snoozing away and barely flicking an ear when you both came tromping in.

"Hey. " you started, Techno glancing at you, standing at the top of the stairway down.

"Before you head down- I figured I should thank you, for dropping all the stuff you were gonna do."

"Already told told you- not a problem." He hummed, turning to go down the steps before you kept talking.

"And! As much as I'd like to hoard it- there's only one way to really make it up to you-" shuffling over to the ender chest, you slid the lid open, "I'd feel bad if you left today empty handed-"

Finally, his interest had been drawn in, his form stepping over to where you stood.

You rustled around in the chest for another moment before pulling out something.

"Heeh?" Techno glanced between you, what was in your hands, and then back up to you, "Lemme get this right, you were sitting on this stuff?"

"Yes. They-... have a lot of sentimental value to me- but you've been nice to me, so I figured I'd spare you some grinding."

With shaky hands, Techno reached out, unsurely grabbing what you handed to him.

"Why wouldn't you make yourself gear with this?"

"Like I said- sentimental value."

"So you were sitting on an unholy amount of ancient debris. Out of purely sentimental value." You could hear the eyebrow raise in his tone of voice.

"Bruh. I ain't repeating what I said a third time."

Again, he glanced between you, the netherite, and back to you, before he straightened his back and muttered, "Thank you- for this- uh... it'll save me a lotta grinding- this doesn't at all change my opinion about deep conversations- urgh-"

Despite his complaints, the tips of his ears that just poked out of his hair were dusted red- though you didn't say anything- just nodding and agreeing with him.

He reached past you, dumping all the netherite into his own end chest, before straightening again and mumbling, "I'm not at all touched in any way by this gesture-"

"Of course." You gently smiled, watching him turn around and take his chickens with him into the ravine.

The top of his pink head of hair was the last thing you saw as he vanished down the steps, ears still dusted pink.

Today you could safely say you had a much firmer grasp on Techno as a character- and you were sure he could say the same about you.

He was strong- undeniably so. So much so that letting anyone see the softer base he was built on was so far out of the question that he would glaze over other people's pain just to keep himself from sympathizing- and sympathizing in his book... could only be assumed as weak.

Poor guy.

He's got a lot of weight on his shoulders.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

573K 20K 73
Have you ever felt like you don't belong? Like this place you're in doesn't feel right? Like you should be somewhere else entirely? This isn't right...
44.9K 551 27
I'm lookin' for a window to another world... Where I don't feel as lost and bored... Hello there, y/n. c!Wilbur Soot Oneshots: Alivebur, Ghostbur, R...
26.2K 1K 32
"Tommy? What- it's 2 in the morning-" Phil is shaken from his half awake daze at the sight of Tommy, on his doorstep, looking like he's been through...
189K 3.9K 79
!! DISCONTINUED !! (old desc) Hi! This is a Dream smp age regression book since I regress myself and I find it comforting to read storys / books like...