Surviving As A Cannon Fodder

By akane_youkai

Being a normal college student, Eunseo was reincarnated into a book she barely remembers as a no-name canon f... More

CHAPTER 0
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
Part 2 Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Part 3 Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168

CHAPTER 31

8.2K 335 5
By akane_youkai

Julian walked through the rear garden of the main residence to get to the training ground. It was a shortcut he frequently used to avoid eyes. 

It was also the way Lady Ashford used whenever she felt like sneaking out. Julian was on his way to his office when he heard chattering among the knights.

"Did you see that? I'm telling you there is something going on between them" said a knight with enthusiastic spirits.

"I don't think so. They've known each other since they were kids" replied another knight with a shrug as if he was skeptical.

"That's precisely my point. They understand each other"

"I just don't see it. Besides, she's scary"

Julian came to a halt and started listening to their conversation. He could guess who they were gossipping about.

"I know right. Beauty on the outside and a maniac beast on the inside. Did you hear her laughing at the bandits last night?" said a knight feeling goosebumps.

"Honestly I felt creeped out" shivered another one, thinking back to the previous day's events.

"I'm telling you they have chemistry. Chemistry I say" continued the Knight who started the conversation.

Julian let out a heavy sigh on hearing their conversation. The pillar he was standing behind completely concealed him from the front. It felt ridiculous for him to hear such gossips. 

Right when he was about to cut in, Riven came striding towards them with an annoyed face.

"You guys have so much free time in your hands to be discussing Chemistry, eh?" he said with a grin.

"Sir Riven!"

The knights flinched at the sound of Riven's voice. 

They slowly turned around to find him walking in their direction with a wooden sword in his hands. 

Riven stopped three steps away from them. He stood with his sword leaning on his shoulder and looked at the Knights with cold eyes. 

The Knights felt a chill go down their spine. Nevertheless, they tried to pull him into their gossip talk.

"Sir Riven, what do you think about Lady Angelica and Sir Julian. Don't they have good chemistry?" A brave Knight said with an excited voice.

"That's right! They make a wonderful pair" said another Knight. The other Knights nodded in agreement.

'Are they crazy?' Riven's face distorted from hearing such absurd things from the apprentice knights.

"So from what I can see, the four of you ditched training to be here standing by the shade and gossip about the Lady?"

The Knights gulped at hearing his words.

"Did you say Chemistry? If you are interested in chemistry shouldn't you be studying alchemy or perhaps........" he dragged and continued with an evil grin,

".....necromancy"

"Maybe I should introduce you lot to Master Gilbert. He would be delighted to have volunteers for test subjects"

The Knights felt their blood run cold from hearing their words.

Axel Gilbert, also known as Master Gilbert or the Conjurer is a well-acclaimed alchemist in his late seventies. He was well known across the continent for his love for alchemy and the lengths he would go for it. 

Gilbert works in a laboratory in the capital which allows no entry to any human beings. His interactions are restricted to his assistants, a dwarf, and a cat beastmen. He was a colleague of the late Count Ashford and also the primary tutor of the Ashford siblings. This meant that he frequented the Ashford residence on a timely basis.

In recent years, there were rumors going around stating his interest in necromancy and skinning people alive.

"We're sorry Sir!" the Knights pleaded in unison. They clung to Riven with teary faces.

"Let go of me" Riven slapped their hands away.

"We would never repeat this"

"Run twenty laps around the field for wasting time"

"Twenty?!"

"Stop talking and start running"

'Anything other than being skinned alive' The Knight's throttled away as they whined.

Julian came out of the shadows and put a hand on Riven's shoulders. The knights he had just chased away were the apprentice Knights under his mentorship. They were a part of yesterday's mission to simply observe and gain field experience. Instead of training, they were busy gossiping. He felt like he was mentoring a bunch of five-year-olds than actual Knights.

"You have it rough too Riven" Julian gave Riven a friendly pat.

"Ha! Tell me about it. I now know how you feel babysitting Lady Angelica" Riven sighed. He had noticed Julian standing behind the pillar and listening in right from the start.

"By the way, what do you think about it?" He asked in a playful tone.

"Chemistry between the future Captain of the Ashford Knights and the Lady of the house. Such a scandal....ho ho ho"

"No" replied Julian in a definite voice.

"I value my life"

Julian remembered the scene of the four-year-old Angelica kicking down a statue ten times her size. He had witnessed it when he was on her way to answer the Count's summon. 

Julian was walking along the pathway near the pond when he saw her searching for something. He remembered watching her wave at him with a snake in her hands.

'That has been forever imprinted in my memory' Julian massaged his throbbing head.

That day he was assigned as Angelica's escort knight even though he was just an apprentice at the time.

"Agreed" smirked Riven, understanding the turmoil within Julian's mind.

The duo left the training ground and went to their respective stations.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

543 16 10
į“µĖ¢įµ‰įµįµƒā± /ē•°äø–ē•Œ/ āæįµ’įµ˜āæ Ā°Ā°Ā°į“¬ įµįµ‰āæŹ³įµ‰ įµ’į¶  į“¶įµƒįµ–įµƒāæįµ‰Ė¢įµ‰ į¶ ā±į¶œįµ—ā±įµ’āæ ā±āæįµ›įµ’Ė”įµ›ā±āæįµ įµ‰įµ›įµ‰Ź³ŹøįµˆįµƒŹø įµ–įµ‰įµ’įµ–Ė”įµ‰ įµ—Ź³įµƒāæĖ¢įµ–įµ’Ź³įµ—įµ‰įµˆ įµ—įµ’ įµƒĖ”įµ—įµ‰Ź³āæįµƒįµ—įµ‰ į¶ įµƒāæįµ—įµƒĖ¢Źø įµ’Ź³ įµ›ā±Ź³įµ—įµ˜įµƒĖ” Ź·įµ’Ź³Ė”įµˆĖ¢Ā°Ā°Ā° š”½š• š•¦š•£ š•˜š•šš•£š•ļæ½...
161K 6.4K 18
I suddenly became the villainess, but it is already the end scene? - She doesn't even realize where she is or who she is. She undergoes the torture...
75.2K 2.7K 33
When Cecilia wakes up in a wattpad fantasy novel she's dumbstruck. Knowing the future of her character she tries to be on the good side of King Jaspe...
274K 11.9K 55
I, Miyazaki Daichi was transported inside my sister's favorite otome game as an unknown character. And that said character is the brother of one of t...