Climbing The Sky

By Sparkling_star146

When she was ecstatic and nervous of a change and a new step of her life, a wild option was presented in fron... More

1.Change and adjustment
2.Go with the flow
3.Serial of life
4.Tough decisions
5.Being sure
6. Excited surrounding
7. First meeting
8.Think and decide
9. Worsening Problems
10.Second Thought
11. Need of peace
12.Big Step
13.Weirdness Overload
14.Help
15. Search for links
16. Messy Life
17.Solving Problem
18. Danger
19. The Footage
20. Revenge
21. Dream
22. Unexpected Options
23. Hostel Life
24.Good Work
25.Helping in good
26. Mischief
27.Parents and concern
28.Dilemma
29.When you're anxious of a change
30. Insane friends and cousins
31.Emotions of a girl
32. After the big day
33.Days of crazyness
34.Advice from close ones
35.New home,changed life.
36.When you're alone
37.Unexpected guest
38.Lie calls problem
39.Silence is the punishment
40.Realisation
41.With Him
42. Match making
43. Excitement.
44.Back home
45. Troublemaker phone
46. Unsaid words
48.Pain before the smile
49.No worry
50.Another change
51.Different expectations
52. End of wait
53. Say hello to a mother
54. Life with a doll
55.Kids and tantrums
56. Keeping them close to heart
Epilogue

47.Sweet tears

123 12 265
By Sparkling_star146

After 3 years

"For Allah's sake, stop crying like this. You'll get sick." Alyan wiped my face with his thumb as another fresh set of tears made its way there.

"How.... how can I? She left....left me like this." A sob escaped my lips. He sighed and put his arm around me, pulling me close to him.

"What had to happen, happened. Now will crying change anything?" He said and I felt like a wire in my head tore.

"How can you be so heartless!" I glared at him as his eyes widened.

"No...I.."

"You didn't even shed a single drop of tear. And now you're saying that... that I shouldn't cry?" I pushed him away.

"Warisha..."

"I miss her... so much. Even last morning she was here, playing on the bed and now..." I covered my face.

"I understand."

"No you don't. It's all your fault."

"What did I do?"

"Because of you, I went out that night. You told me you would take care of her. And she left me....like this." I rubbed my nose.

"I didn't know. Don't get angry now." He said and I looked at him for few seconds before hugging him back.

"Don't you miss her?" I whispered.

"Uhm... maybe?"

"What maybe? Say yes." I snapped.

"Yes, I miss her."

"How'll I live without her?" Tears flooded through my eyes.

"Looks like I have to change another shirt." I heard him mumble but didn't react.

He's heartless, I should've understood it. So heartless that even death doesn't effect him.

His phone rang and he left me before accepting the call.

"Assalamualaikum Ammi." He greeted.

"Walaikumassalam dear. So.... how's everything there?" I heard her ask and covered my mouth.

"Same."

"She's still crying?"

"Hmm..... yeah." He replied after looking at me.

"Allah. Poor girl. Did she eat anything?"

"No, only a bread in the morning." He frowned.

"What? Alyan, it's 7 PM now."

"I told her again and again, but she doesn't hear. Already she's getting sick."

"Then make her eat." She scolded him.

"Ammi, she doesn't..."

"I don't know anything. She has to, do anything but make her eat."

"I will." He sighed.

"And take care. I'll talk to her later, let her calm down first. Allah Hafiz."

"Allah Hafiz." He cut the call and looked at me.

"Warisha, listen..." He came beside me.

"I don't want to listen anything. Don't disturb me." I looked away.

"No you have to listen. You haven't ate anything since morning, you'll fall ill. Already you're weak, please have something."

"I...I can't eat anything. It feels like.... like there's a lump in my throat and everything just comes out."

"It happens because you're crying and crying all day. Now get a grip on yourself."

"I can't." I shook my head, my eyes getting blurred with tears. He looked at me for few seconds before walking out.

I sighed and laid down on the bed, trying to not cry. But from when did our hearts started hearing us?

After few minutes, he came back with a plate full of noodles which instantly made me irritated.

"Alyan, I told you..."

"It's enough." He grabbed my arm and made me sit on the bed forcefully.

"I'm not hungry."

"You are."

"I ate a bread."

"And threw it out due to crying endlessly. Now shut up and eat."

"Alyan...."

"You'll. Eat. Now!" He glared at me and I closed my mouth.

He made me eat the whole plateful of noodles.

"Feeling good now?" He asked as he came back after washing the dish.

"No, I still miss her." I mumbled, getting ready to cry again.

"No no no, don't start again. You've already cried enough." He laid beside me and started combing his fingers through my hair.

"I feel so bad.... and alone.... and sad." I said, my voice breaking.

"Look Warisha, if I knew her death will bring you in this situation, I wouldn't have ever brought her." He said as I frowned.

"You..."

"No, it's you. I know you're sad, I know it's hurting you but you have to understand that you have to let it go. You're not doing anyone any favour by crying non stop like this, not even her. Everyone is getting tensed for you."

"Ammi scolded me. She said I'm throwing too much tantrums. She also said I should grow up and stop bothering you." I complained.

"Well, its normal."

"Normal?"

"Yes, looking at the fact that you're crying day and night over the death of your pet cat and getting yourself weak and sick."

"Not like I'm doing it deliberately. It just.... happens."

"Then try to sleep. You didn't sleep properly last night, now you can sleep if you try a bit."

"And if I don't?"

"Then try to focus on something else but please divert your attention from her death. She was with you for two years. You already gave her more then enough attention, even my part of the attention so now let her rest in peace and let yourself breath."

"She was just a baby. She..." I sobbed.

"You're again thinking about her." He said in a serious voice which made me silent.

How can I not think about her? He had brought her in our anniversary. And from then, she was with us. I always had a dream to have a pet cat, but Ammi was against it. I was so happy when I got her. Now I feel so lonely without her.

"Close your eyes and try to sleep."

I frowned and did as he said.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I heard the bell and literally ran at the door.

"Assalamualaikum." He came inside as I followed him like a spring were attached to me feet. At the same time, my heart was beating erratically.

"Walaikumassalam." He raised his brows.

"Why are you grinning like this? And why are you so nervous?" He asked, looking at my face first and then at me fidgeting fingers.

"Uhm.... nothing. Nothing at all. You go and freshen up." I pushed him towards our room.

"Going, going. No need to get so excited." He frowned and walked inside. I sat on the couch with a fluttering heart.

After our regular routine, he laid down on the bed. I also sat beside him.

"Don't you have to study?" He asked.

"Uhm..... not tonight."

"Why?"

"I don't want to." I mumbled.

"Okay then." He turned away.

"Umm.... Alyan?" I called him, fidgeting with my fingers.

"Hmm..."

"We have to talk about something."

"What?"

"Look here." I pulled by his arm. He turned around.

"Tell me."

"Well, so...uhm...you...

"Carry on."

I looked at him, not knowing what to say.

"Warisha..." He called me.

I looked away to blink back the tears desperately trying to come out.

"Hey..... why are you crying? Warisha, what...." He sat up and held my arm.

"And I thought she was fine." I heard him mumble lowly.

"Warisha, don't cry. I know you miss her, but..."

"No.... it's..... it's not.... about that.." I said between hiccups, wiping my cheek.

"Then what? What happened?"

"You.... just...." I tried to control myself, taking deep breath but these stupid tears won't stop.

"Allah, just tell me. Did I do anything?"

"Yes."

"What did I do?"

"You did. And you'll do everything else."

"You're confusing me."

"You'll change diapers." I said, sniffing violently.

"What? Why would I do that?" He asked and I looked at him. His face was showing only confusion and confusion.

Is it that hard to understand?

"Won't you do it for.... for your own baby?" I said and he looked at me for few seconds before his eyes widened.

"You mean...."

I nodded.

"Yes." I breathed out.

There was silence for a long moment.

"You.... you sure?"

"Yes." I nodded. A smile made it's way on his face. Within a second, I was in his arms.

"When did you get to know?" He asked.

"This morning."

"Oh Allah... it's... I.... I don't know..." He mumbled, tightening his grip around me.

"Aren't you happy?"

"More then that."

We stayed like this for a moment, trying to sort out our feelings.

I tried to wipe the tears(definitely on his shirt) which were constantly falling when he looked at me.

"Why are you crying?" He asked as a sob escaped my lips.

"I... I don't know. It's just so.... so much to take. It's so sudden. Whenever I think about it, something happens to my heart. There's.... there's a baby inside me, our baby.... just thinking about it makes me feel all types of emotions. I want to smile, to cry, I become anxious, nervous at the same time I feel like I'm over the moon. I just can't stop this tears." I clutched his shirt.

He held my cheek and made me look at him.

"But that's not how you're supposed to react." He said, wiping my tears.

"Or should I tickle you?" He said and I chuckled.

"I can't even express what I'm feeling now." He said and kissed on my cheek.

"So this explains your mood these days." He chuckled.

"What mood? I was sad for her." I glared at him.

"And look how Allah made you happy at the exact moment." He said and I nodded with a smile.

"Alhamdulillah."

"So, everything fine?"

"You know. Other then throwing up few times, I'm fine."

"Oh yes. Weird this didn't come in my mind when you were constantly throwing up these days. I thought maybe it was due to crying."

"I feel pity for your patients." I shook my head.

"Leave all that. Tell me, did you tell anyone else?" He asked as I shook my head.

"No."

"Don't. Let us take time, then we can do this."

"I already feel nervous. How will I tell everyone this?" I covered my face with my palm.

"Just imagine their reaction." He chuckled.

I kept my head on his chest and sighed, closing my eyes with full content.

"We're going to be parents." He mumbled as I smiled.

As unbelievable as it seems, we are going to be parents.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Assalamualaikum ammi." I said as soon as she received the call. Time to explode a bomb on her.

"Walaikumassalam. At last you decided to call me."

"Ammi, I was busy."

"Busy? With what that you can't call me in these few days?"

"I.... I have something to tell you." I said as I rubbed my sweaty palm on my thigh.

Why is it so tough to break this news to everyone?

"What?"

"Ammi, I'm pregnant." I said and she went silent for a moment.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Alhamdulillah, when did you get to know this?" Came her very calm yet excited voice.

Don't tell me Ammi is trying to control her excitement!

"Two days ago."

"How long?"

"Six weeks."

"Oh." Ammi sighed.

"Does your mother in law know?"

"No, I didn't tell her yet."

"Then what are you waiting for? She will be so happy."

"I will ammi, give me some time."

"Now you listen, be careful. First trimester is the time you should be most conscious. Don't eat anything and everything, don't lift anything heavy, don't...." And it got started but I stopped her.

"Ammi, just today the doctor told me all this."

"Shut up, the doctor won't advice you everything your mother can give. So listen attentively...." And it went on and on and on and on for the next fifteen minute.

"Allah Hafiz." At last I said and cut the call, without giving her any chance to start something again.

After that, I took a deep breath and decided to call ma. Alyan came and sat beside me.

"Preparing for round two?" He smirked.

"Please, you do that. I'm so tired." I forwarded the phone towards him.

"What? Why me?" He raised his brows.

"Because I told you." I told in a nonchalant voice.

"No."

"Please, don't you feel even a bit bad for this sweet little cute wife of yours? Don't you see how tired and weak she is? Look at me, how weak I'm looking. I myself am a baby, still I'm carrying a baby inside. Isn't it sad?" I tried my best to make a weak, damsel in distress type face.

"Ok, ok. Now stop this and give me the phone." He said and I grinned, giving him the phone.

Showing myself as a weak to be mother works perfectly for him. Hmm, I can make him do anything I want by saying this I guess.

Evil plans incoming.

He took a deep breath and dialled her number. I turned the speaker on.

"Assalamualaikum ammi."

"Oh...Walaikumassalam dear. Why Warisha's phone?" Ma asked.

"Just normally."

"Where's Warisha?"

"She's here, beside me."

"Then pass her the phone." He looked at me but I signalled him to break the news.

"Oh...ammi...I need...I mean I have to tell you something...a news." He stuttered as I slapped my forehead.

"What news?"

"Well....ammi....I...I mean we...I and Warisha..." He looked at me like a fool as I glared.

"What? You're wasting my time." Ma scolded.

"Ammi, you...." And again his signal vanished.

"Stop ammi ammi, I'm hearing. Now tell the main thing."

"Ammi, you're...you're going to be a dadi...yes, dadi." He finally said and pinched his eyes close.

"I'm going to be a dadi? Means, Warisha is pregnant?" She exclaimed in a raised voice.

I feel pity for whoever is there beside her.

"Yes ammi."

"Alhamdulillah. Alyans abbu, we are going to be grandparents." I heard her say excitedly. For a minute, all I head was excited chattering from the other side. I looked at Alyan who gave me a sheepish smile. After few moment, she came back.

"Oh my God, I'll be a dadi. I'm so happy." She squealed, making me smile.

"I know ma."

"How many days?"

"Six weeks." Alyan said.

"Hmm, now you hear. First of all,from now on Warisha is not going to work too much. To avoid morning sickness, you'll get up before her in Fajr and prepare something to eat, surely make it before she gets up. And you always remember to..." And starts advice train. I was smirking at him as he was gave me his best puppy look.

"Ammi, I know all these." He whined.

"No, you don't. Now listen to me..." She continued as I got up, smirking.

I went in our room and sat on the bed, leaning on the headrest.

Now starts a new journey.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"For Allah's sake, stop gawking at me like that and close your mouth." I shoved a pizza in Liyas mouth with irritation as she started coughing.

"You...you really....how....I..." She was trying her best to form a sentence between her coughs. Jamya was rubbing her back, though her scrutinizing gaze was fixed on me.

"Warisha, I hope you realise what you said right now."

"Why wouldn't I realise? Go and ask Alyan." I rolled my eyes and focused on the pizza which now looked like a liability to me as it's not a sweet thing.

"OH MY GOD!!!!" Liya jumped on me with a loud scream as people around us looked at us with widened eyes. I heard the words "psycho" and "mad woman" from them.

"I.... don't think you should...press my baby like that." I mumbled, trying to gulp down the slice which stuck in my throat due to Liyas squeezing.

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God...." Liya slapped on my back few times in excitement.

"Calm down before Allah Himself comes down to calm you." I rolled my eyes as she left me and sat on her chair with a grin which makes her highly capable to take a banana inside, horizontally.

"Congratulations. I'll be a Khala." And Jamya hugged me. Alhamdulillah not so tightly or else I would've left this world before my baby could say the word "Khala".

"I'm so proud of you my girl, so proud. I didn't know you were capable of this much." Liya patted my shoulder with a so called proud expression.

"Why did you think I am not capable of this?"

"Looking at the fact how boring and naive you are." She shrugged, Jamya choked and my jaw dropped, eyes widened.

"You're the most idiot woman in this world." I glared at her.

"So what was Alyan bhais reaction?" Jamya asked.

"Usual. Just became double annoying nowadays." I shrugged.

"You mean?"

"Can you believe he had the gut to say that I look like a pear nowadays even though I don't eat much? Outrageous!" I slapped my palm on the table before taking another piece of the pizza.

Though it's not that much tasty, I like it.

"Yes....outrageous." Liya imitated me with a smirk.

"Umm..I think he has a point though." Jamya mumbled and my eyes snapped on her.

"How so?"

"Nothing, nothing. So did you go to Maya's place?" She changed the topic.

"No, I didn't get time."

"Her baby is so cute. Though cries so much." Liya frowned.

"What do you expect a one month baby to do then?" I rolled my eyes.

"Right though." Jamya nodded.

"So....did you think what you'll do now?" Liya asked.

"About what?"

"You're pregnant, how will you continue college?"

"Few more months to go. It'll finish before birth so In Shaa Allah, there won't be any problem." I smiled

"But managing everything like this, in this situation..."

"I surely have to leave school. And then about works in home, that won't be too much. I have khala. She herself suggested to let her work more as soon as she heard about this. Though I don't think that'll be needed."

"I'm getting worried for you now. Totally alone here...." Jamya said.

"Come on, everything will be fine. And I'm not alone."

"Hmm."

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"It's all....your fault..." I panted, standing straight as khala rubbed my back soothingly.

"What did I do?" He asked.

"You....you made me...eat that...nasty..." And I again leaned down, puking.

"How's that my fault?" Alyan tried to glare at me but immediately stopped seeing khala throwing daggers at him.

"Bhai, you shouldn't make a to be mother eat grass like that. She should eat everything she likes, like sour and oily. Nut leaves and grass." She said.

"Yes khala....he...he tortures me...so much." I covered my mouth with my palm, trying to not puke.

"Poor girl. Don't worry, I'll talk to your mother in law about him. She'll teach him a lesson." She patted my head.

"But khala..." He wanted to say something desperately but khala stopped him.

"Now come and help her out." She said in a strict tone and he immediately came beside me.

"Man nowadays." Khala shook her head as she stepped out of the washroom.

"Man nowadays are very good." He completed her sentence, though making sure she won't hear.

"You okay?" He asked, taking my hand in his.

"I'm so tired." I breathed out and kept my head on his chest.

"It'll be fine. Now come."

He helped me out and made me sit on the bed. I leaned on the headrest, trying to calm myself but it felt like a tornado was going on in my stomach.

Is this baby so mischievous that it's already creating a mess in there?

"You're sweating." Alyan sat beside me and wiped my forehead.

"I want to sleep."

"Then sleep. Who's stopping you?"

"But I have to...."

"I'll do that."

"Want to burn the whole kitchen?" I smiled.

"At least have a bit trust on me." He rolled his eyes.

"I do."

I laid down on the bed and sighed.

Only Allah knows what mess he will create today.

I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Ugh....who came at this moment.." I frowned, sitting up on the bed. The bell again rang. I looked at the clock only to find I've been sleeping for two hours.

Rubbing my face with my palm, I made my way out of the room.

Just as I was about to step in the living room, my eyes fell on Alyan who was taking a packet from someone at the door.

Is that...a food delivery man?

"Next time, knock on the door." He said to the delivery man who nodded and went away. Alyan turned back and I immediately hid behind the wall.

"Seems like she didn't get up." He whispered by himself and opened the kitchen door.

Why did he close the door?

I slowly went forward and peeked inside the kitchen. I could see traces of smoke here and there. Alyan kept the packet on the counter and became busy washing a coal black fry pan hurriedly.

Oh, so he burnt whatever he was cooking.

That careless man!

"Come on....Allah please let this thing...come out." He mumbled, trying to take off the black stain from the pan with his heart and soul.

I snickered at his antic and immediately covered my mouth. His head snapped towards me just after I hid myself.

I quickly ran in our room, trying my best to not make any sound. Tucking myself under the duvet, I turned around.

Let's see what he does.

After twenty minutes or so, I heard his footsteps and closed my eyes, pretending to sleep.

"Thank God I was done before she woke up." He mumbled and sat beside me.

Yes yes, you got done before my "fake" waking up.

"Warisha, get up and have lunch."

"Hmm.." I dug my face on the pillow, trying to hide my evil grin.

"Wake up. It's getting late. I made lunch for us." He looooovingly kept his hand on my hair.

That liar!

"What....did you make?" I turned around, facing him.

"Come out and see. You won't believe what I made."

"Yes, I won't believe." I mumbled by myself before sitting up.

"Quickly come before it gets cold." He said and walked out of the room.

I got up with a smirk and washed my face.

Let's see what my cunning husband "cooked".

"So...what do we have here?" I said excitedly, walking in the dining room as he was placing the plates on the table.

"Special restaurant style biriyani made by super chef Alyan." He kept a plate full of biriyani in front of me.

"You made this?"

"Yes, chicken for you and mutton for me." He sat beside me.

"How considerate of you!" I smiled at him oversweetly, keeping my hand on his arm.

"Now quickly taste and tell me how it is."

"I can't wait." I grinned and took a bite.

"Mmmm....it's just like..." I closed my eyes.

"Like?" He was looking at me expectantly.

I so wish he would've made it himself. Then his look would've looked cute to me.

"Like it came from a restaurant." I said and his eyes widened. He started coughing.

"Umm...yeah...I wanted it to taste like that."

"I can't believe you can do so much for me. Thank you."

Should I wipe a fake tear for special effect?

"Oh don't mention." He waved his hand proudly.

"But....where did you get chicken from? I don't remember having any." I asked.

"Well...umm...I brought them when you were sleeping, yeah."

"And what else did you do when I was sleeping?"

"What else? I was busy making this as tasty as possible. Only for you."

"How thoughtful!" I smirked and focused in my food.

Let me finish first, then we'll see who's thoughtful.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Alyan?"

"Hmm."

"Why do I feel like...like it's smoky in here?" I asked, washing the dishes as he was busy with trying to leave no trace of the smoke.

"Smoky?"

"Yeah."

"Oh that...umm...that's because...oh, it's coming from outside. Maybe something's burning in someone's kitchen."

"Oh, people are so careless." I said. I peeked at the trash to find the packets of the restaurant. But there wasn't any.

He surely did a great job in cleaning evidence.

"Don't say like that. Maybe they forgot to turn the stove off." He looked at me with somewhat sad eyes.

"Yes, they'll forget if they're dumb."

"Warisha...."

"And idiot."

"Please don't say like that." He came and stood beside me with a glare.

"Why's that bothering you?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Oh, just like this. Come on, people make mistakes. And maybe whoever did this covered it up."

"Oh yeah. So shrewd!" I shook my head.

"I'll...I'll go and watch TV." He literally ran out of the kitchen, leaving me as a laughing mess behind.

After finishing everything, I went and sat beside him.

"Give me your phone." I said. He handed me his phone, his attention on the TV.

I checked his order history in the app. To my utter disappointment, he even deleted that.

With a frown, I was just about to keep the phone away when a message popped up.

I checked the message.

"Alyaaaaaan?" I called him in a sweet voice. He looked at me suspiciously.

"What?"

"What is this?" I showed him the message.

It was fun to see how his reaction went to neutral to pale.

"Uhhh...this.....ummm...I..." And his signal flew away to Antarctica.

"This, is a message from the food delivery service, thanking you for choosing them." I smiled sweetly.

"But...but they sent this for the last order. A week ago." He said, nodding his head vigorously.

"But why did they write today's date as the time of order. That too this noon, just when we had lunch." I asked. He looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Warisha, I..."

"Let me say. You went to cook something, burnt it and then to cover up, ordered food from outside, washed the pan, disposed the packet. And then you took a lot of credit for making this restaurant style biriyani."

His eyes widened.

"How...did you know?"

"You really thought I was sleeping for so long time?" I glared at him.

"Oh no!" He facepalmed.

"By the way, you deserve some credit though." His eyes snapped at me.

"I do? Oh I knew..."

"For washing the pan so clean and not burning down the whole kitchen." I said and his lips curved. But not upwards, it curved downwards.

"I thought you wouldn't know."

"I became weak, but Not. A. Fool." I poked on his arm.

"Okaaaay....sorry. I thought to make something good but...who knew I actually didn't turn the stove off when I thought I did." He frowned adorably. I chuckled at his antic.

"And this is why I tell you to stay away from the kitchen."

"Let's see how long you stay in this theory of yours. You think I didn't see you covering your nose while cooking as it makes you nauseas?" He smirked back at me.

"Oh that....still I can cook."

"We'll see."

"We'll see."

........................
................

Assalamualaikum everyone.

So...thoughts about this one? They're finally having a sweet bundle of mischief named "baby"! I myself was grinning so much while writing this chapter. Who doesn't love babies(as long as they're not crying and making a mess)?

Thanks for reading.

Allah Hafiz ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.1K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancΓ© ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...
Alina By ihidethisapp

General Fiction

1.4M 35.4K 75
The Lombardi family is the most notorious group in the crime world. They rule both the American and Italian mafias and have many others bowing at the...
KASHI By stuckinatale

General Fiction

355K 17.7K 41
"So, Mrs. Kashi Abhay Pratap Singh..chalte hai. Goodbye..". Saying this, he left her broken in this world of betrayal. ~~~~~~~~~~ Kashi, a simple gir...
24.2K 3.1K 57
(COMPLETED) A girl and a boy, completely different from each other crossed eachother's ways in France. Shayaan Ahmed the heart throb of girls meets a...