EMBERS • HAECHAN (Not Finishe...

By Neo_Chieri

•"I know there is a compliment somewhere deep inside of you and I'll take it." •"You piece of shit." •"Ah, th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Thank Youuu🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️💚💚💚
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
To my precious readers♡
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116

Chapter 99

2.5K 132 125
By Neo_Chieri

Tired and exhausted, I rested my weary head against the soft mattress of the bed, eyes closed and breathing steady.
The loud, buzzing sounds of the music reached my ears only dump while I was sitting alone on the floor of a random bedroom, fingers buried in the soft, snuggly material of the carpet.

After falling into the pool, Donghyuck had carried me all the way over here and if I was honest, I finally felt like I was breathing again.
No attention, no trouble, nothing.

'I wonder what the others are doing' I thought to myself, silently debating whether I should go search for my friends or not.
My clothes were still soaking wet, sticking disgustingly to my cold skin while the water kept dripping off the ends of my pitch-black hair.

A sleepy sigh left my lips as I listened to my regular heartbeat and waited for Donghyuck to finally come out of the bathroom that was connected to this room. Since the pain killers slowly started to weary off and my energy to decrease, we had decided that he should go and change into the borrowed clothes first, probably being faster than me. 

The squeaky sound of the bathroom door caused my eyes to quickly flutter open, shortly afterward resting on the well-known NCT member, who was now leaning against the frame with his arms crossed.
It was only a few seconds, but the way he stood there in front of me still left a mesmerizing impression and made me smile a little. 

Because of our short swim in the pool, his previously curled and colored hair was now damp and tossed in every direction and instead of his dark perfectly fitting suit, he now wore a white t-shirt and grey sweatpants.
His shirt hung bit to the side and gave me a good glimpse of his tanned collar-bones while the short sleeves revealed his slightly toned and muscular arms.

Was his look simple? Yes.
Was it still attractive as shit? Definitely.

"I liked you better in that suit", I lied swiftly with a grin on my face and clicked my tongue, not actually caring about his clothes since he looked stunning no matter what time of the day.

"And I like you better when you're under me, but I guess we can't always have what we want."

The older quickly winked, the smirk on his face only growing wider as he noticed the bright red color rising to my cheeks due to the embarrassment.
I inhaled deeply, watching him push himself off the doorframe before walking over and coming to a halt in front of me.
My eyes only followed him, looking up at his prominent features while I was still on the floor.

"Come on, it's your turn."

Donghyuck held out his hands, this time smiling at me fondly while he waited for me to stand up. I froze for a split second, somehow in a trance-like state due to the brunette's warm expression.
He looked at me the way everyone wanted to be looked at and there was not a single nerve in my body surprised by the well-known tingling sensation of butterflies.

Snapping out of my paralysis, I immediately reached out for his soft hands before the taller pulled me up to my feet the moment later. 

"I'll probably need a while", I mumbled and slowly walked past him towards the room he had just come from.

"It's okay, I can wait."

It was now my time to leave Donghyuck alone, the quiet squeaking of the mattress telling me that he sat down on the stranger's bed instead of the floor like I did.
I was just about to close the door when my classmate hastily yelled after me.

"I can help you though if you want me to!" The door immediately fell shut, but it couldn't block the playful words that caused me to roll my eyes.

After an already longs evening, I finally looked at myself in the huge mirror which almost reflected the entire room.
My face automatically turned into a grimace as I noticed my utterly awful appearance.

My make-up was completely rundown as if I had cried for several hours straight, the bright lipstick smudged and the countless strands of thick wet hair stuck to my pale face.
Not to forget that I had a small cut on my right cheek. How could he even look at me so lovingly when I resembled a trash bag?

The white dress definitely revealed the red tattoo on my upper body, but it didn't really look like a dragon. In the aftermath, it hadn't been necessary for Donghyuck to jump after me because even if the people noticed, they couldn't really have made anything out of it.
But he had done so without thinking twice, just to keep me safe and the thought alone was enough for a small, but genuine smile to form on my lips. 

I carefully started to undress, starting with the jacked the older had given me earlier. I grabbed the clean clothes that were placed neatly next to the sink before trying to pull the obviously large hoodie over my head.
It took quite some time since I stretched a bit, but to my luck, I was gradually getting better. 

An exhausted sigh slipped from my mouth after several minutes had passed and I finally managed to put the pants on that were clearly hanging down my body like a heavy sack of potatoes.
I took so long, I wasn't surprised when I heard a calm knocking on the door, followed by the familiar but dump voice.

"Are you alright?" Donghyuck asked through the wall, the worried tone noticeable despite the loud music from outside. 

I quickly tied the waistbands of my sweatpants tighter before I turned around to unlock the door. I opened it right away, glancing at the brunette whose posture relaxed as soon as he saw I was fine. 

"Yeah, sorry", I mumbled tiredly, rubbing my eyes and ruining the make-up even more. "I still have to dry my hair though, I don't want to catch a cold. And the makeup, I need to get rid of the make-up."

"I'll stay then."

Smiling sweetly at each other, I nodded my head happily before I went back to my business.
While I looked around for any remover, I could see through the reflection of the mirror that Donghyuck entered the room only to lean on the closest wall, eyes lingering on me and focusing on my movements.

There was a comfortable silence between the two of us, only broken by the loud cheering and singing of the people at the party.
Enough had happened this night and it was somewhat nice to simply enjoy the other's presence without saying anything.
I started pouring some makeup remover onto a cotton pad, hair still dripping wet when I noticed the brunette walking up next to me before opening a few drawers.

 I calmly observed him while rubbing my eyes with the pad, wondering what the older was suddenly searching for.
I was soon enlightened when he pulled a hairdryer out and plugged it into the next socket.
There were no words said, only affectionate glances exchanged while my heart was loudly beating against my own chest as if it was trying to sing him a beautiful melody.

Donghyuck found his spot behind me and turned the dryer on, holding it in his right hand and pointing it towards my hair he carefully held in his left hand.
I didn't feel the need to open my mouth and solely continued taking care of my face while he was now busy as well. 
The sight of him drying my hair without being asked to warmed my entire heart, my appreciation for the student only getting bigger with every day.

I honestly loved this moment.

I honestly loved him.

Trying not to grin like and idiot and make my feelings for him too obvious, I solely focussed on my messed up face, hoping I would soon look like a living human being again.
It didn't take long until everything was removed, the many cotton pads piled up next to the sink right on top of each other. There wasn't anything else to do so I just stood there quietly.

My heart fluttered watching him take care of me so attentively as if I could turn into sand if he held me too tight.
My inner self was mad that I hadn't given him a chance earlier, but at the same time, I was glad we had chosen the long path.

If things had gone differently, I don't think we would've developed this intimate and special bond of truly appreciating each other. There was nothing I regretted.

Donghyuck turned off the dryer, the absence of the loud noise making me realize I had drifted into my own thoughts.

"All done", he smiled softly, earning an honest smile back which was just as big as his.

Why was he so god damn perfect?

Heyo heyo:3💕

I hope this chapter wasn't too boring
I thought about adding more dialogue, but tbh I hate talking when I'm tired or exhausted so I just left it as it is hehe🙈

I hope you are having a nice week💫💕
Today will be 3 chapters in total instead of 2

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 8.6K 57
✔️ "ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀs, ɪ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ." ☆ ᴍᴀʏᴀ ʜᴀs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴅʀᴇᴀᴅᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴜɴɪᴠᴇʀsɪᴛʏ. ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴀ sʜʏ ᴋɪᴅ, ɪᴛ ᴡᴀsɴ'ᴛ ɪɴ ʜ...
342K 15.1K 33
"i can literally suck all your blood and kill you right here right now." "do it pussy. no balls." a/n: i kinda hate this story too !SOME MATURE CONTE...
74.4K 2.6K 65
‟𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚞𝚙 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚗, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚐𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚍𝚒𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚠...
263K 6.3K 55
He was in a mafia gang, she was an innocent girl. When they cross paths, what would happen? •Mafia/soulmate au. Highest ranking: #1 NCT !! (x5 and m...