The Royal Arrangement

By anamika200

Jai Singh Rathore is the prince of Ajmer. Even though the monarchy is no longer at play in India, Royalties d... More

Brief Background
Chapter 1: The Meeting
Chapter 2: Who is she?
Chapter 3: Again So Soon!?
Chapter 4: Clumsiness and Cuteness Together is a Killer
Chapter 5: No More Embarrassment Please
Chapter 6: Start of Something New
Chapter 7: Talk about exiting in all Swag
Chapter 8: She swagged off
Note
Chapter 9: He is such a big...
Chapter 10: Forgive Me
Chapter 11: In for a Surprise
Chapter 12: What are you?
Chapter 13: Best Sleep Ever
Chapter 14: Keep Your Hands Off
Chapter 15: I am not jealous
Chapter 16: The Dress
Chapter 17: One Step Closer
Chapter 18: Fiancee?!
Chapter 20: All over the place
#IMPORTANT#
Chapter 21: Remember this Universal Formula
Chapter 22: Permission!
Chapter 23: Inappropriate Suitors
Chapter 24: Back Home
Note
Chapter 25: Another Party, Another Suitor
Chapter 26: This is it
Chapter 27: New Day, New Beginnings
Chapter 28: Eating and Teasing
Chapter 29: Tricks and Treats
Chapter 30: First Date with Miss Sarcastic
Chapter 31: The Day of the Engagement
Chapter 32: The Surprise
Chapter 33: Midnight Conversations
Chapter 34: My Lioness!
Chapter 35: Surprise Meeting
Chapter 36: Knocked Off
Chapter 37: Oh Boy!
Chapter 38: The Marriage
Chapter 39: Post Wedding Rituals
Chapter 40: Sassy Mornings
Chapter 41: First Fight
Chapter 42: Marital Bliss
Chapter 43: First move
Chapter 44: I Like You Too
Chapter 45: Celebrations
Chapter 46: I Love You
Chapter 47: Revelations, Hurt and Confessions
Chapter 48: Rendezvous
Chapter 49: Love & Jealousy
Chapter 50: This is it
Epilogue
#Maira's Pregnancy Bonus#
New Story Announcement
COMPLETED

Chapter 19: You are the one for me

7.3K 333 27
By anamika200

Jai's POV:

Once everyone is gone Rishi walks over to me with a very angry face and a fisted hand. Soon I am lying on the ground, holding my nose. Darn it!! It hurts badly.

"Do you even know what you have done? Do you have any idea?"

"Did you hear what nonsense they were talking about Maira I couldn't take it anymore. I did what I thought was right."

"Well, it's not right. You don't have any right to just say things you don't even mean."

"I mean every word I said right now."

"Did you bloody think if Maira wants that? You cannot declare something like this just because you thought it's right." The series of cuss words that follow this are endless. At this point we both were literally shouting at each other.

"I just cannot bear anyone saying anything against Maira just because she isn't as rich as her perpetrator."

"Stop right there. Do you really think Maira is just some random poor lawyer who is trying to make ends meet?" I look at Rishi all confused before he speaks again.

"You are mistaken. She earns in six digits monthly and if that's not good enough for you, you should know she is the daughter of the biggest diamond merchant in India, so she is probably richer than all those people. You had no bloody right to do what you did. You my friend are in deep shit. I just punched you but when her father comes to know of this believe me all these people can also not save you from his wrath." I can assure you my eyes popped out of their sockets. I didn't know that about Maira. I decide to do what I think is the best. We all retire to our rooms and even Rishi is staying for the night as he said he won't leave without Maira which did boil my blood, but I let it be for the time being. Hopefully, she will soon be mine.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The next morning I get up pretty early and think of what to do and how to deal with the blunder I created yesterday. The only thing I can think of is how Maira is doing. Before I go check on Maria there is something very important I need to do. I am about to go downstairs when I knock on Maira's room and open it to see her sleeping. Carefully and slowly, I close the door before leaving the house.

By the time I return it's past noon and the desperation to see Maira has reached another heights. So, I decide to go and check on her. I went it her room and knocked but not hearing any reply, I push open the door only to see her still sleeping like a baby cocooned in the sheets.

I sit next to her on the bed and refrain myself from hold her hand. I just wanna see her dark brown orbs looking at me. I observe the bruises on her neck making me want to punch something really hard. I reach my hand forward to touch those bruises but retreat. I don't wanna do anything that might be considered inappropriate. You entering her room and gawking at her is appropriate?

Have you ever felt like kicking your inner voice because I do.

I lean my head back on the headboard waiting for Maira to regain her consciousness. I am about to doze off when I feel a movement in Maira's hands. I sit up straight only to see her open her eyes slowly.

I help Maira sit with her back resting against the headboard. I can see a million thoughts going through her head and a gasp leaves her mouth as yesterday's realization hits her. Before she could say anything, I ask her the only thing I want to know.

"How are you feeling?"

"Good." Came her firm reply. Before she has a chance to say anything I decided to take the lead on this conversation.

"Maira, will you marry me?"

"Not like you've given me a choice after what happened downstairs yesterday." She said accusingly. I look down.

"You can say no, it doesn't matter..."

"Yeah, just to prove that they were right, my fiancé ultimately broke off the engagement because someone tried molesting me." She air quoted the word 'fiancé' and seemed really pissed.

"But you will break off the engage..."

"Not like people will believe me, I am a nobody just a slut, a gold digger, someone yearning for money, who knows tomorrow I might become someone who used her slutiness to get this promotion..." I wince at her words but know that this is what the society thinks.

"Maira, don't think about the society or anyone, do you think you would have married me if it were just an arrange marriage?"

"First lemme ask you, would you have married a girl like me, fat, rude, and ugly if it were an arranged marriage?" I look at her quite shocked at her low self-esteem. Before I could say anything, she decides for me.

"Look Prince, first of all thank you for whatever you did for me yesterday, but marriage is a huge decision and not something you decide in heat of the moment. I don't want you to take any decision which you might regret later on. I honestly don't care what the society thinks about me, so you can correct last night mistake of yours and I can assure you-"

"This is what you think that was,. You think what I said yesterday was just in heat of the moment and a mistake? Tell me Maira is there someone else you wanna marry? Is it Rishi? I mean he is so close to you, is he the reason that you don't wanna marry me?" I ask sourly the question that's bothering me for past few days.

"Rishi? Have you lost your mind? I mean fortunately neither Rishi nor I are interested in incest, and neither is my choice that bad so I think you don't have to be worried about that." What? Incest? Did I hear it right?

"Rishi is your brother?"

"He's a cousin of mine who is just a bit protective of me and we have been very close since we were kids and so he feels that it's his responsibility to save me and protect me from anyone and everyone."

"Well, then is there someone else in your life?"

"Why don't you understand that girls like me don't find guys, and never guys like you atleast. They are always made to settle. You are the most handsome bachelor of the country why would you wanna settle down with someone like me? There are thousands of girls much prettier than me-"

"But you are the one for me."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Maria's POV:

The last thing I hear and make sense of before I am engulfed in deep slumber is Jai's declaration.

"MAIRA IS MY FIANCEE AND I WILL MARRY HER."

This morning, rather afternoon since I woke up pretty late, everything comes toppling down to my head and I let out a gasp remembering everything. Did Jai really mean what he said? Why would he do that? Does he like...no no why would he like someone like me!

I see Jai sitting next to me and I am in all daze upto the point where he asks me to marry him. Why?

My heart flutters when he says, "But you are the one for me." Stopping my heart from developing any hopes, and later getting hurt I decided to be open to him. I know once we are done with this conversation, he would not wanna marry me.

"Prince, all this sounds very good in novels that you ask the girl in distress to marry you and later on you lead a fairytale life with her. But in practicality it is not possible. I am no Disney Princess even when you are a Disney Prince."

"Well, you don't have to be an actual princess to marry a prince. Cinderella wasn't a princess, and neither was Belle."

"But they were beautiful which is why they captured the hearts of the princesses."

"I think you took the Disney movies quite literally but what they showed was that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. It wasn't their beauty that made them attractive but their pure and kind hearts that did."

"But I have neither looks nor the kind of heart you're talking about." I press my temple due to the headache I am currently having and lean my head back and close my eyes. I wouldn't lie I am impressed with his knowledge of Disney but I am way too exhausted to have this heavy conversation.

"Maira, let's talk about this after some time. First let's get you something to eat. You need to take rest after that. I will also get you some ointment for the bruises." Saying this he gets up from the bed and leaves the room while I a. Lost looking at his retreating back.

__________________________________________

Who else just had a heart attack when he said "You are the one for me."? I might have let out numerous shrieks at that line and might have even died a little at how sweet Jai is 🥺
Hey guys!!
I know it's an early update, just an apology for not uploading last few weeks.
How are you all doing? What do you think is gonna happen next? Did you guys enjoy the chapter?
Please keep on showering your love and support by voting, and commenting.
Love you all:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 159K 62
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.2M 37.9K 51
"Vee..er" her moans echoing in the room. "Yes..baby you are gonna take it like a good girl you are..hmm." Two souls bounded by an arrange marriage...
907K 43.8K 41
"Mr. Raichand, happy independence day. You have been eating my head since day one to get these papers signed and today I have finally granted your wi...
67.2K 2.9K 38
|| Heritage Series - Book 1|| Mr Aditya Singh Rathore , A Crowned Prince and a Successful Businessman of Udaipur , Workaholic, Grumpy , possessive...