One of a Kind {Regulus Black...

By turkishdelight228

'We were the perfect love story between the sun and moon...until the world got in the way. And when the world... More

From the Beginning
Long Trip
Almost at Hogwarts
Sorting
New Adventure
First Day (pt. 1)
First Day (pt. 2)
After the fight
The plan
Regulus Arcturus Black
Secrets
Practice
Astronomy Tower
Galton Scamander
Fancy
Better than the Marauders
Idea
Quidditch
Eternity
Ace of Cups
Courtyard
Marauder's Map (part 1)
Marauder's Map (part 2)
Marauder's Map (part 3)
Hogsmeade (part 1): Alone
Hogsmeade (part 2): Paisley
Cliffside Paradise
Midnight Ball
‼A/N‼
Clair de Lune
A/N: Timothée Chalamet 🧎‍♀️😫
Dear Sirius
Mushroom Path
A/N
Pre-game Drama
Slytherin vs. Gryffindor
Holiday Plans
First Snow Day
Potter's
No-maj Town
A Black by Blood
Christmas Party of 1975
You
New Year's Secret
Back to Hogwarts
Hogsmeade (Again)
Everybody
Moony
Yellow Rose

Hagrid's hut

5.1K 167 114
By turkishdelight228

(Y/N)'s pov

It was Saturday on a calm, quiet, early morning. The Marauders were asleep that's why it wasn't chaotic. I was simply walking towards the Great Hall for breakfast.  
At the entrance of the Great Hall I looked around. Of course not many people were awake at 7:30 a.m. on a Saturday. But one specific Slytherin caught my eye.

'Regulus.'

I didn't approach Regulus, I walked over to the Gryffindor table and sat on the opposite side of Regulus. We weren't facing each other, but I sat at an angle so I can still see him.

'He's reading. Why does everyone think he's dangerous of some sort? Has anyone ever talked to him? Did anyone even notice him compared to his brother? Is there anyone that truly knows who he is? I'm sure he's more than the Slytherin seeker.'

Regulus's pov

'I can feel (y/n) staring into my soul. Why can't she leave me alone? What's so interesting about me? Next thing you know I'll have a night stalker. Whatever you do, Regulus Black...Don't. Look. At. Her.

I heard someone walk in the Great Hall.

'Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up.'

(Y/N)'s pov

"What are you doing?" A voice asked, taking me out of my thoughts. I turned around, it was Mary.

'Staring and wondering about Regulus Black.' I answered in my head.

"Oh! I was just...spacing out."

"It looked like you were staring at the Slytherin table." Mary said, looking over at the table.

"Yeah, well, when I space out I tend to look at different areas. In fact I didn't even notice I was spacing out." I laughed, nervously.

"Oh! Okay...what were spacing out about?"

'Oh...bubble farts?' That's the first answer that came up in my head.

"Bubble farts." I responded.

'No- did I just say that?' I mentally face palmed myself.

"You were spacing out about...bubble farts? I think you should take a break from the Marauders." She laughed.

"Hahaha..." My laugh turned into a small groan out of embarrassment.

Regulus's pov

I looked up. Thankfully (y/n) wasn't looking at me. She was too busy talking to someone.

'Now is my chance to leave.'

I slowly moved my legs and stood up. Looking at (y/n) making sure she doesn't see me leave. I had a small temptation to crawl but I stopped myself.

'That's ridiculous.'

I slowly got to the exit of the Great Hall and ran out. She didn't notice.

'I'll go to Hagrid's. I'm sure she won't look for me there. If she does look for me.'

(Y/N)'s pov

"What are you planning on doing today?"

'Figure out who Regulus Black really is.'

"I don't know...I might visit Hagrid. The Marauders said that I should meet with him since he likes magical creatures, too."

"Oh that's lovely! I have to talk to my Potions partner, but I'll see you around." Mary smiled.

"Oh, okay." I smiled. Mary walked over to the Ravenclaw table where her partner was sitting. I looked back at Regulus. Of course he escaped.

'I'm sure he's not so far. What if I look for him? Or pretend I'm not but I really am? I'll just go see Hagrid and see what happens next.'

I got up and left.

~~~

I was walking out on the school grounds when I noticed someone. A Slytherin.

'I'll take a closer look.'

I caught a glimpse of the Slytherin.

"Regulus?"

Regulus's pov

"Regulus?" Somebody asked.

'Oh no. Oh no, oh no, oh no. That sounds like (y/n). Just ignore her. Pretend you don't hear anything.'

"Regulus." The voice came closer but I still ignored it. She was walking next to me now. "Regulus. I know you can hear me."

"I thought I told you not to talk to me." I snapped.

"You thought correctly." She smirked.

"Then why are you here?"

"I'm on my way to Hagrid's. I didn't know if you knew this but I adore magical creatures. What are you doing here?"

"I'm going to Hagrid's."

"Why?"

"Do you always have to ask so many questions?" I groaned.

"Just answer me."

'I was trying to escape from you.'

"I was wondering about magical creatures. Why are you even talking to me? Shouldn't you be with your idiotic friends."

"They are idiots, aren't they?" (Y/n) chuckled, "All except Remus. He actually uses his brain cells." I looked at her unamused. "I think you're interesting."

"You don't even know me."

"Exactly. Nobody truly knows you, Regulus Arcturus Black. That's what makes you so intriguing."

'I don't know how to respond to this.' I thought.

"I don't know how to respond to this."

'I didn't mean to say that!' I mentally groaned.

"You spend most of your time in your thoughts, don't you?"

"Maybe..."

"Are we almost at Hagrid's?"

"Almost." We were walking for a bit, for once, I asked the question. "Is there something going on between you and my brother?"

"No! Why does everyone think that?! He's just a flirt and a friend. He's a flirty friend."

"He's an idiot."

"I can't deny that." A few seconds passed by, "Regulus...are you- nevermind."

"What?"

"Nevermind."

"No, I want you to tell me what you were going to ask." I demanded. She hesitated for a bit, then she licked her lips.

"Are you a blood puritist?"

"Oh er-" I gulped.

'No. I mean, yes. But no. But yes. Ignore the question. Ignore (y/n). Change the topic.'

"Oh look!" I said pointing ahead, "We're here. Come on." I started to walk with a quicker pace and (y/n) tried to catch up. Luckily, I didn't have to answer because we were already at the front of his hut.

"Regulus. You didn't ans-" I quickly knocked on Hagrid's door. I wasn't ready for that sort of question.

(Y/N)'s pov

Regulus cut me off by knocking on the door.

'Seriously?'

A big, tall man opened the door. And when I say big and tall...I mean it. It looked as if he was 8 feet tall and he was more on the chubby side. He had crazy, frizzy hair and a beard growing.

"Oh er- hello. Rubeus Hagrid. You must be the new transfer student  everyone is talking about." I nodded and Hagrid smiled at Regulus, "Come in, come in." Regulus and I walked in. The place was ordinary, the only thing different was the sizes of things.

"(Y/n) (l/n). Pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is arll mine. Now eh- Black, what are you doing here?"

"What do you mean?" Regulus questioned.

"You don't really visit me."

"Er- yes, well, I was wondering about magical creatures. So was (y/n)."

"Ohhhh, well what it is you want ter learn about?"

"Do you have any creatures of your own, Hagrid?" I asked.

"I don't own any, I'm just friends with the ones around the school grounds. Would you guys like some tea?"

"No thank you." We both said.

"I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. Regulus, are you going stay and to talk to Hagrid?"

"I'm leaving." He said and bolted out.

'There he goes...again.'

"Hagrid." Hagrid looked down at me, "What do you know about him?"

"Regulus? He doesn't talk much. I don't know anything about him, really. I do know that he likes to wander around the grounds. This place holds many secrets."

"That's all?" I asked, disappointadly.

"Yerp. Sorry."

"It's alright...I'm going to see if I can catch up with Regulus." I smiled.

"Have a good day, (y/n)." Hagrid waved.

"You too, Hagrid." I walked outside. No Regulus Arcturus Black in sight.

'Great. Just great.'

~~~

Regulus's pov

I was far from the hut. Far from (y/n). I definitely prefer riding a broom over running.

'I should go to the Slytherin common room. She won't be able to get in there.'

I began walking to the dungeons. My head was filled with thoughts and questions.

'Am I a blood puritist? Why does she care? I'm not that interesting. Am I? This is girl is making me rethink everything. Does she really care? It's none of her business. But it is nice to know someone cares. No! It's not nice. Right? Oh god, maybe it would be nice to talk to someone so my head won't explode from too many thoughts and wonders. But that's what journals are for...right?'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37 1 5
How would a letter from Hogwarts, telling the family that their youngest daughter is a witch, would react upon the family of India, in 1970's? Surely...
1.4M 56.3K 158
COMPLETED "I despise you, Sirius Black." "No, no you don't."...
704 42 19
"You're just a spineless, big-headed, moron Potter. Why on earth would I go out with a fleabag like you?" "It's just, James Potter!" says Sirius, lea...
18.5K 688 58
[EDITED VERSION ON AO3] (heavily unedited and unformatted, please read on ao3) {Book 1 of the Constellation Series} Carina Elayne Toussaint, the gir...