IS IT LOVE ?? ❤️

By Ayushmitaa04

Two best friends grew up together in the orphanage .. They are so close that they never left each other's sid... More

CHARACTERS
THE JOURNEY
MISSION : MAKE THE FOOLS FALL
SECRET
EXPOSED
THE BEACH
GOOD MORNING PALS
BLIND, SEEK & KISS
HEAT
MISSION FAILED
A SWEET REVENGE
THE PARTY
DRUGGED 🔞
DISTANCING
CONFUSION & CLEARANCE
COMING BACK
FIRST IMPRESSIONS
WOOING YOU
HURT
DRUNKARD CONFESSION
THE FERRIS WHEEL
ACCIDENT
FORGET ME NOT
HARD 🔞
HOW DOES IT FEEL ? 🔞
TIME FLIES
FOREVER VALENTINE
WILL YOU ?
♡ FOREVER AND EVER ♡
🍫 HONEY AND CHOCOLATES 🍯
🤍 LITTLE ANGELS 🤍
୧ GROWING UP ୨
~ HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ~
🏆 My 1st Achievement 🏆

LITTLE PROMISES

1.2K 135 41
By Ayushmitaa04

A month later ~

The guys were now finally preparing for their wedding. But however, Xiao Zhan have been busy with work and so have been Yibo, right after their sudden engagement.

It was lunchtime, and he was free. On a certain day like this, Zhan can't help but sit and admire the beauty of the ring he was wearing. Yibo really did bring the best. Oh well, they actually have the same choice.

After the long day, he came back home to cook dinner for themselves. Zhan panicked because he thought he was late and Yibo might be waiting for him already. But what welcomed him was an empty house.

Zhan didn't worry much, for he thought Yibo must be working extra hours. Obviously, he had a lot of work pressure since they were going to take a vacation of fifteen days for the occasion of their marriage. Zhan didn't nag him anymore, about it. He just made sure, he switched off the alarm beforehand on their off days, so Yibo could rest a bit more.

Like any other couple, they often used to bicker, quarrel and even fight. But as soft hearted they were, the duo always ended up cuddling and sobbing into each other's arms. Sometimes, their quarrels would actually be baseless and funny. He remembered when, out of nowhere, they started bickering on whose fist is stronger, and ended up punching each other only to laugh like maniacs with brusied faces. They are hilarious!

Zhan smiled at the memory as he cooked their dinner. He had freshened up and was already in his pajamas. He finished cooking and put them into serving bowls.

"BoBo must be very tired tonight.. I should prepare something, to lighten his mood when he returns.", He spoke to himself.

He placed the dishes on the dining table and lighted a candle. Sitting down on one chair, he waited. After waiting for half an hour which seemed more than what it actually is, Zhan looked at the clock. It was half past ten. It worried him more.

Whenever Yibo overworks, he returns by 9 p.m. whereas generally by 7 pm he is at home. But tonight seemed more different.

Why is he so late!?

So he called him once. Then twice. And then a number of times, but all calls were getting redirected to voice mails. His calls were not being received, he panicked more.

He is never this late. What might have happened?!

But he finally eased out, when a text message entered his phone.

BoBooo ❤️

I'll be late. Don't wait for me.

You
Fine. Come home faster.

Zhan sighed.

What does he mean, don't wait!?

He obviously will wait. How can he let Yibo have dinner alone, after he comes back home, all tired? Never.

So he waited, until his stomach growled in hunger. He took out a chocolate bar from the fridge and munched on it.

It was not until 12 a.m. when Yibo came back home. Zhan hurriedly welcomed him.

"Finally, you're back! Come let's have dinner first! Freshen up later, you must be starving."

Zhan tugged at Yibo's hand, but the other jerked him off.

"I don't wanna eat, I don't have appetite."

"But I cooked for us.", Zhan uttered, a bit hurt.

"I'm very tired. I wanna sleep. Sorry."

"But I was waiting for you to-"

"Who told you to?! I didn't. I told you to not wait!"

"How can I let you eat alone!?"

Yibo sighed frustratedly, and very much audibly to Zhan. The other's heart hurt a little more.

"What happened? Are you okay, Bo?"

"I'm fine! Please don't nag me anymore!"

Yibo left that very moment, without letting the topic grow any further. Zhan looked back at the covered food on the table sadly.

He didn't know why Yibo behaved that way. Yibo has always been gentle and caring. Its very rare for him to be rude. Zhan tried to be more understanding, maybe he's just overthinking.

Zhan moved the covered dishes to the kitchen slab and cleaned the table.

When he went to the bedroom, he found Yibo lying on the bed with his back facing him.

Zhan slipped into the duvet and lied down. He looked at Yibo's back wondering, if he is alright. He tapped Yibo's shoulder and asked.

"BoBo, are you fine? Is there something bothering you?"

"No. I'm fine. Let me sleep."

Zhan now grabbed Yibo's shoulder in concern.

"BoBo, please don't hide anything from me. Tell me-"

"Zhan! Can't you just leave me alone!? Stop irritating me, for God's sake!"

Zhan retracted his hand at once, and mumbled, "Sorry."

He turned back again and hid his face in the pillow. He didn't want Yibo to realise, that his words were hurting him. Zhan was not used to this side of Yibo at all. He continued wondering, what probably must have happened that Yibo kept on behaving in such a way. He just wanted to coax him and help him relax. But the harsh words really made an impact. He tried his best to remain strong and not give in, but tears made their way anyway.

Yibo on the other hand was too disturbed. His team leader made him prepare files that were supposed to be done a week later, that very day without prior notification. Not only that, when Yibo complained about not being informed earlier, the leader made a big deal out of it and made it look like it was Yibo's ignorance all along.

He had to face his colleagues' despising looks almost all day. Thankfully, when it reached the higher officials, his boss himself testified for him, as he knew how responsible and diligent Yibo is, when working. The boss insisted him on getting an apology from the leader, and he had to run around the whole office with the man in search of the culprit, only to find later, he had long gone home. The boss felt sorry for him and forcibly took him along to his home, to treat him to dinner. And then again, the food was so awful that he couldn't eat. And finally, sneaking up an opportunity, he left the place and drove back home at midnight.

In one word, he had a very bad day.

He was very irritated and felt very humiliated for all the happenings, that he couldn't keep his mind in place.

His mind was busy with the thoughts of his day, when suddenly a muffled sniffle distracted him. Only then did he realise what he actually did. He shouted at his ZhanZhan for no reason!

Zhan was crying remembering all the words, Yibo said to him. He was irritating him? He was just trying to help! His attention got diverted when a hand slipped along his waist and hugged him tight. He felt a heavy breath tickle his nape, and a husky voice ring in his ears.

"I'm very sorry..", Yibo mumbled. Hearing his voice, Zhan cried more. Yibo pulled him closer and turned him towards himself.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't mean it."

"Why would you speak like that? What happened?"

"ZhanZhan.. I'm.. I- I had a tough day. Some misunderstandings and bad luck did me no good today. I was disturbed and angry. It's my fault that I vented my anger on you, without quite realising it."

"Are you okay now?"

Yibo shook his head in a no.

"I'm sorry, I made you cry again."

"Its okay BoBo."

"Wait."

"Huh?"

Yibo didn't reply. He rather climbed down the bed and walked out of the room. Zhan sat up in a daze.

What happened again?

But what surprised him was when Yibo walked in with a tray of food a few minutes later.

He placed the food in place, and helped Zhan with it.

"You didn't eat right?"

Zhan looked at him wide-eyed. He thought Yibo didn't notice it.

"You knew?"

"Hm. I know you. I just didn't pay attention to you because of my bad mood.", with that he fed Zhan the first bite, which Zhan returned with a smiling face.

"You still wanna eat?", He asked.

Yibo nodded eagerly.

"To be honest, my Boss's wife's cooking is awful. I had just one bite. I only like ZhanZhan's cooking."

"Don't say like that!", Zhan giggled.

"It's true!"

Zhan didn't pay heed to it and continued eating while he fed the other as well. Yibo stared at the fair face of his lover, and noticed the wet trails and tear stains left on his face. He felt very bad and guilty. At least he managed to feed him before he slept. Yibo felt a strange feeling surging within him.

He cupped Zhan's cheeks and wiped away the tears that were left and kissed his temple.

"ZhanZhan, I have a lot of promises to make."

"You can make them when we are at the altar. There's no rush, BoBo.", Zhan said as he carressed his hands.

"I know. But there are some promises I need to make right now."

Zhan looked at him with his doe eyes and asked.

"What is it?"

"ZhanZhan, I promise. I'll never let you go to sleep crying. I'll not let you sleep with hunger. I'll always take care of you! I won't anyone hurt you. If I do, I know am an asshole.. but I'll make sure I apologise to you in the most sincere way. I'll love you and take care of you when you need me the most and even when you don't need me at all. I will- I-"

"BoBo! Keep something for our wedding vows!"

"Ah.. yes.. but isn't that too late?", Yibo pouted.

"Too late!? It's just two weeks away!"

"Oh.. yeah."

Zhan caressed his face and mumbled.

"I want you to compensate for what you did to me today."

"Okay! I'll be sincere!"

"Cuddle me to sleep tonight!"

Yibo smirked and did not let a moment go in vain as he hurriedly cleared their bed and then jumped on Zhan as he dragged him down and hugged him tight, snuggling into each other's warmth.

Zhan giggled and patted Yibo's chest. Kissing over where the heart lies, he muttered.

"BoBo, I promise. I'll bear with every hardship that comes in our way, with you. And I'll return your love ten times better! Muah!"

Its my little promise to you.

A short update for y'all.
Sorry, I wasn't home, so I couldn't make it better.

Point out my mistakes, and please pardon the typos.

If you like it, please vote and comment, I'm waiting for your reviews.

Keep supporting 🙏💝
Take Love ❣️
Stay safe 💗

I love y'all ❤️

And, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 10K reads!!!
I still can't believe this (╥﹏╥)
I'm so grateful for all your reads and votes. I never expected THIS much, tbh.
I really really really love you all.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94K 4.3K 51
Hlo guy's! How are u? I hope everyone is safe and healthy 😃 This is my first story hope everyone Support me and I will give my best to Work hard! So...
191K 11K 39
[Completed] After being separated by morals, by death, and at last by duties, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji find themselves with an empty space in their...
647K 36.3K 56
Its journey of two opposite personalities. Will they fall in love or become enemies... Let's see.... *I don't own any characters. This story is pure...
512K 33.6K 60
{A YiZhan Mpreg story} Two people from two different world, one of them, Wang Yibo is happy and focused on his work, he is on the way of fulfilling...