His Snowflake

By cloutyytea

"Snowflake?" "Sunshine is overrated," he replied. - Alana Snow Rivers had been living a traumatic life after... More

Introduction
Prolouge -Pain.
Chapter 1 -A New Experience
Chapter 2 -An Encounter
Chapter 3 -A dance
Chapter 4 -Circuit
Chapter 5 -The Encounter
Chapter 6 -The Start of Something
Chapter 7 -The Contract
Chapter 8 -Why Me?
Chapter 9 -Taking It
Chapter 10 -Life's a Joke
Chapter 11 -Trying
Chapter 12 -Needed
Chapter 13 -Being There
Chapter 14 -Discovery
Chapter 15 -A Deal
Chapter 16 -Truth & Lies
Chapter 17 -Nightmare
Chapter 18 -Stay
Chapter 19 -Paradise
Chapter 20 -Stay Hidden
Chapter 21 -Free
Chapter 22 -Guilty
Chapter 23 -Adrenaline
Chapter 24 -Realising
Chapter 25 -Step by Step
Chapter 26 -Calm
Chap 27 - I Just
Chap 29 -Love?
Chapter 30 -One Answer
Chapter 31 -Listen
Chapter 32 -Okay
Chapter 33 -Loved
Chapter 34 -Teasing
Chapter 35 -Protective Measures
Chapter 36 -Take a Step
Chapter 37 -Start
Chapter 38 -Proud
Chapter 39 -Can Perfectly
Chapter 40 -I Love You
Chapter 41 -Getting There
Chapter 42 -Let It Out
Chapter 43 -Understanding
Chapter 44 -Court
Chapter 45 -Try Me
Chapter 46 -The Night
A long awaited Notice

Chap 28 -Reduge

674 20 0
By cloutyytea

"Within you there is a stillness and sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself."

-Hermann Hesse

-

Trevor's POV

Alana's sobs were slowly coming to a stop.

I could only silently hold her in my arms, unable to say anything to comfort her.

For the first time in my life, I felt lost.

I had no idea what to do to help her, making me feel like the most useless person on earth.

She just clung onto my tightly, between random intervals she would apologise to me with no context. All I did was to mutter "You have nothing to be sorry about Snowflake" and "It will be okay".

I knew she was hiding something from me.

I wish I knew...

It was probably something she was not comfortable telling me. It must also be something that affected her a lot. I knew she would breakdown occasionally but when we went out for business she would never.

Finally Alana's cries stopped.

She just lay her head on my chest, breathing in and out deeply, trying hard to regain her composure.

I stroked her back up and down following her breaths, hoping it would help her somehow.

"Snowflake? Let's go home okay?" I cautiously raised this question as soon as I heard her breathing become more stable.

Alana just nodded her head and slowly pulled away from my embrace. A look of regret flashed acorss her eyes and I felt angry.

I would never want someone to regret breaking down because they couldn't hold it in any longer.

Instead of saying something, I took her hand and held it tightly and walked with her all the way to the car.

Through the ballroom there were some stares at Alana's red and puffy face but I pulled her along firmly but gently enough.

Those busybodies are no ones anyway.

-

As soon as we got into the car, Alana sat on the far side, opposite of me.

She seemed somewhat ashamed and I definitely wanted to be the one to ensure that she knows breaking down is okay.

I shifted until I was right beside her and took her hand and enveloped it with both of mine. I carefully tilted her head and let it rest on my shoulder.

From the driver's mirror, I could see her shut her eyes and I felt her whole body just relax, seeking comfort in me.

My heat opened right up to her and I was glad that I was of some help to her.

I just wished that whatever was affecting her so much would be resolved soon...

Not long later, we reached home. Alana had fallen asleep on my shoulder so I resorted to carrying her into the house, instead of waking her.

As I put her on her bed in her room, her arm shot up and held mine tightly.

"Stay..." Alana's eyes opened slightly and she continued, "Please..."

I couldn't say no to her seeing how desperate she craved company and not to be alone.

I lay right next to her and for once she initiated contact.

She snuggled up to me and lay her head on my chest.

I loved how she was seeking comfort in me.

I hoped that she would open up to me one day though...

With that, I could hear soft snores, indicating she fell asleep.

Snowflake...please let me help you...

-

Alana's POV

"I can't believe I have such a piece of trash as a daughter," my father coldly spitted out.

"What did my wife see in you?" he continued.

Flashes of him whipping me, kicking me and slapping me played out as if it were a movie. Only that I could feel all of it happening.

Then I saw him take out a knife and as he was about to stab me, I screamed out loud and woke up.

It was a...dream?

In the state of shock that I was, I did not realise that Trevor was awake and his arms were already wrapped around me.

I became aware that he was taking deliberate deep breaths to stop me from hyperventilating. I started to regain control of my body that went into a frenzy because of my nightmare.

The warmth that was radiated from Trevor helped to comfort me but I was getting suffocated.

The dream, the recent events, the pressure.

I had to complete what my father had put me here to do.

I just had to.

Things will only be normal then.

My father will love me again.

I know it.

-

After just staying in Trevor's embrace, I slowly pulled away. He looked so sleepy yet at the same time he was wide awake.

"Did you get any sleep? Did I wake you?" I questioned, insecure about whether I woke him up.

"No Snowflake...I have insomnia," Trevor said groggily.

"Haven't slept for about two days proper now. I just can't," Trevor continued, opening up a little new side of himself.

I was just shocked.

Two days?

He must be so tired...

"I know of a way where we can both get a good sleep," I say, slightly excited with my voice rising a little too high considering I just woke up from a nightmare."

Trevor looks at me, anticipating my next words.

"Let's go to our hideout."

-

Trevor's POV

As soon as I heard that, my heart fluttered like some teenage boy.

Get a grip Trevor, you're 27...

How could I though...She said our hideout...

I nodded my head and we both set out for the waterfall.

The place only we know.

Our refuge during our hard times.

Although I somehow found another and that refuge is a person now.

-

Alana's POV

Not long after holding hands and not saying anything, we reached the waterfall.

I sat on the bridge that onlooked the lake and where the sun was peeking out from the horizon.

Trevor silently sat next to me and watched the sunrise, seemingly getting drunk from the beautiful sight.

I could feel that his eyelids were getting heavy and his head slowly started dropping.

His head tilted extremely to my side and so I raised my shoulder slightly to catch his head. Trevor smirked, content with the fact that I caught him.

He then got up and lay down on the bridge and placed his head on my lap.

From then he just lay there and basked in the sunlight as the sun rose.

Seeing his serene expression and watching him fall asleep, I felt as if though in my own place of refuge, I found another refuge.

-

Yes another chapter out!
I'm sorry if this chapter was bad? Idk I'm not too satisfied but I think it was pretty good for the things that are to come ;)

I still have tests and I ran out of motivation and at this point I'm too tired omg.
Seeing the increasing number of reads and more people voting for my story really gave me a source of strength and I really appreciate every one of you for just reading my story
Thanks everyone :D

Until next time!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 133 14
First story, criticism in most forms is appreciated and heard. I also have a love hate relationship with Grammar, so expect punctuation errors. I apo...
378K 13.2K 33
Amayra Williams was another common medico with a lifetime goal of making her late mother's dreams come true. What happens when a whirlwind of circums...
1.5K 59 17
An opportunity too good to pass up. That's how Frank feels about this chance of finding Gerard again after their traumatic experience a few years ear...
25.4K 2.5K 77
Have you ever sunk so low that you actually felt relieved, knowing that it couldn't possibly get any worse? Well, I have... Many times. I lost ever...