In Silence (Book 1) || Loki X...

By KatLovesFictionalMen

Tony Stark is an expert in finding hidden 'talents' in people and he didn't resist doing the same with you. A... More

Chapter 1: I think he'll shoot you
Chapter 2: But I am not a superhero
Chapter 3: Meeting the Avengers
Chapter 4: Alone with Loki
Chapter 5: Wrong room
Chapter 6: Your first mission
Chapter 7: Your second mission
Chapter 8: Your idea
Chapter 9: In your mind
Chapter 10: You say the truth
Chapter 11: Shopping
Chapter 12: The party
Chapter 14: Asgard
Chapter 15: You get better
Chapter 16: A tour to Asgard
Chapter 17: The guest of honour
Chapter 18: A magical night
Chapter 19: The day after
Chapter 20: The vault
Chapter 21: Back in New York
Chapter 22: Hungover
Chapter 23: An unpleasant assignment
Chapter 24: Leo Marcus
Chapter 25: Disaster
Chapter 26: Why are you here?
Chapter 27: Really?
Chapter 28: That's not me
Author's Note
Chapter 29: Decision making
Chapter 30: Unexpected guest
Chapter 31: Back on Asgard
Chapter 32: The voice in your head
Chapter 33: Training with Frigga
Chapter 34: The legend of Freyja
Chapter 35: Your mother's house
Chapter 36: The whole story (part 1)
Chapter 37: The whole story (part 2)
Chapter 38: I know you
Chapter 39: The only way
Chapter 40: Goodbye
Author's Note
We are back!!!

Chapter 13: The illness

5.4K 193 63
By KatLovesFictionalMen

When you opened your eyes again you were laying on a bed in the tower's infirmary, you certainly had not missed that. You looked around and saw Tony and Bruce chatting silently on the corner of the room with their backs turned on you. You took a deep breath and tried to sit up but the room was still spinning so fast.

Bruce and Tony noticed that you were awake and quickly came to you.

"Hey kid. How are you feeling?" Tony asked you.

"Well, fine I guess."

"Hey could you put this one please?" Bruce handed you a thermometer and you putted it inside your mouth.

Both Tony and Bruce were now acting very weird and were moving quite fast around the room. They were both very nervous and you knew something was very wrong. You tried to ask them what was going on but they would just tell you that you needed to stay still and silent and that everything was going to be fine so you decided to get into their thoughts and find out for yourself. You closed your eyes and focused on their minds but nothing happened. That was odd, this usually worked and without you even trying that hard. Your head started spinning and hurting so much more that you stopped and opened your eyes again.

Bruce can quickly and took the thermometer off your mouth a looked at it. Then he turned to Tony in concern, whose face got so pale once he saw the number too. They both looked at each other and then back at you trying to seem and act normal but they didn't succeed.

"Ok, guys you are scaring me. Just tell me what does it say." You said.

They knew that they could not hide from you for long so they approached you slowly and with an awkward smile on their faces. Tony handed you the thermometer and you noticed his hand was shaking while doing so. You quickly took it from his hand and looked down at it and what you saw shocked you.

"No, it must be broken."

"It's not  broken y/n." Bruce said.

"Bruce 105.8°F is not at all normal temperature!"

"Your temperature has been like that since yesterday."

What exactly did he mean since yesterday?

"How long have I been sleeping?" You asked them.

"Almost a day."

Your heart was now beating like crazy and you found yourself having trouble breathing. Your eyes started filling up and within a few seconds tears were falling off of them. Tony tried to calm you down and assure you that everything was going to be fine, and deep down you knew it too you just could not stop crying. When you were finally able to speak you told them that you were fine and that you were going to be fine and you just needed to rest. They agreed and left the room so that you could relax for a while.

Once the door was closed countless more tears started running off your eyes. You were feeling a huge void inside you, something you had never experienced before in your life. In addition to that you soon realised that you could not use your powers anymore and you had no idea why. You took a few deep breath, trying to calm yourself down but you were not at all successful. You managed to stop the crying but the awful feeling was still there. You closed your eyes and tried to get some sleep, the only thing you saw was darkness.

You had been out almost a day and everyone knew it wasn't just an illness. Bruce and Tony tried to hide the bad news until they were sure but their faces didn't help.

Soon they had to share all their concerns and informations they had on your condition so far.

Everyone was extremely worried about you and they all tried to figure out what to do. They all came up with all shorts of ideas but untill they knew exactly what you had all they could do was wait. Of course most of them didn't agree with that, even Loki objected, but in the end Bruce and Tony took the final decision.

You had been put in a very strict quarantine, not being allowed to leave the room and anyone who wanted to enter had to basically be dressed as a surgeon. For the next few days the only people you really saw were Bruce and Tony who constantly entered the room to check up on you and provide you with whatever you needed.

Mostly you needed sleep and this was the one thing it seemed like you could not get. No matter how much you slept, at night and during the day, you were always tired. Your head it was spinning and aching all day and as for your powers, the hopes of them coming back any time soon were very small. Not Tony nor Bruce could explain why this was happening and neither could Loki when Tony asked him for an advice.

He hadn't come to visit you yet, not once. The rest of the team had entered your room at least once but he just wouldn't show. You secretly hoped that he might come out of a dark corner at some point but soon you realised this was not going to happen. You hated the way you left things the last time you spoke, you wanted to go to him so badly, to explain everything to him, and with your condition not getting better you feared you might not had so much time.

It had already been five days since you entered the infirmary and you were scared that you were probably not getting out of it any time soon. Every morning Tony came and took your temperature, his thoughts may were a secret to you for the time being but you could see it, written all over his face, that he was not happy with what he saw. The same happened with Bruce every night. Besides, you could feel it too, every day that passed you felt you body getting hotter and weaker and your will to do anything slowly fading and as the days passed.

When a whole week had gone by and you weren't even starting to get better everyone had started to get more and more desperate. Tony didn't want to admit it but you knew he was starting to lose hope. As for your hope, it had been lost about four days after you entered the infirmary; you had started to cry every night and some times even during the day. You didn't exactly know why this was happening but the only thing you could feel anymore was emptiness and a constant sadness, so the only thing left for you do do was to cry in order to let out your emotions.

After your first week there the visits from the team became slightly more constant. They all sensed that things were getting very bad and they feared for the worse. Thor and Bucky would come more often than anyone, trying to make you feel a little better. You appreciated their efforts so much but the only thing they managed was to make you force a smile every now and then.

A few days later things started to get even worse. Your fever had gone up to 113°F and not Tony nor Bruce could explain what was happening to you. They had run every test on you but in the end got nothing. You had even started to see things, at first small things like a fly, flying around the room or a glass of water on the table while it was nothing really there but then it started getting worse. You were now seeing people sitting next to you and talking to you or even birds getting in from the window. You were constantly talking nonsense you found it hard to recognize anyone. At that point you were sure you were going mad. Though some times were better than others; for only a few hours during the day you would be fine, you had your mind straight and knew exactly what was going on, but you didn't know for how long this would last. You had come to terms with the idea that your time was limited and you had fully accepted your fate.

Tony's POV

Tony had been staying up day and night, studying and searching. Anything he could find he used it to figure out how to help you. Everyone had almost lost all their hopes, but not him, he wasn't going to let himself do this to you, he was going to continue to try until the end. Peper had started to worry about him too, he was barely getting any sleep or food and no one remembered the last time they saw him out of his lab.

They had all agreed not to tell you how bad everyone had gotten but Peper saw no other solution. One day, when she came for a visit she told you about Tony. You started crying immediately and once you were calm again you asked to see him. At first he refused to leave the lab but Peper finally persuaded him to do so.

Once he entered the room and saw you a huge wave of sadness and sorrow hit him. He was right of course, you looked terrible; you looked very pale and your hair lost their shine and they looked way less than before. Your eyes were constantly red and watery and you could barely breath through your nose. Tony couldn't stand see you like that but he knew he had to stay by your side, he wanted to.

He moved closer to your bed and sat on a chair a few feet next to you. He looked you in the eyes and smiled, which was hard to figure out through the mask he was wearing. You talked for a while, Tony told you about his day (of course not mentioning that he had been staying in his lab all day) until you stopped him and looked him with a serious face, trying to sit up but completely failing.

"Tony we need to talk." Your voice was weak but still very calm and steady.

"What is it kid?" He leaned a little forward.

"Tony you need to stop trying..." You started and he moved back and tried to stop you but you got to him first. "Look Tony, I am not getting better, but it's okay, it's good I swear. We may not had much time together but it was the most beautiful three months of my life. And I want you to know that I am so thankful for everything..."

"Y/n!" Tony snapped but then took a deep breath and calmed himself down again. "You are tired, probably don't even know what you're talking about."

"Don't try to blame it on the illness Tony. I know what's going to happen and you do too. Just-"

Before you could finish your word Thor bursted onto the room not wearing a mask or anything. He looked shocked and happy at the same time. He first smiled at you and then looked at Tony; he whispered something in his ear and they both left the room quickly and without saying anything.

You were extremely curious on what had happened but you were too tired to even think about it. You took a few deep breaths and eventually tears started falling off your eyes again. After a few minutes you eventually fell asleep.

Tony got out of the infirmary and softly closed the door behind him. He was following Thor, who just a few seconds ago had told him that he and his brother had thought of a way to cure y/n, but all Tony could think was what you had just told him. Your words were echoing in his head so loud that it was impossible to hear anything the others had to tell him.

"Stark, are you listening?" Thor finally managed to snap him back to reality.

"Umm yeah, so what is that great plan to help y/n?" He said almost as if he had suddenly lost all his hopes for you.

"Well we were thinking and Loki had and idea-" Thor started.

"No." Tony cut him with a shocked look of realisation and then turned to Loki and looked at him dead in the eyes.

"Stark-"

"It's his fault she is like that." Tony finally said.

"I beg your pardon?" Loki objected.

"You first train her in secret, you do your little tricks on her and look what happened. Everything was fine before you started that nonsense!" Tony was now standing up and yelling at Loki who had locked eyes with him and stood up as well.

"I assure you Stark, I mean no harm to y/n, and this is why my solution is probably the only one that could actually save her life at this point." Loki was standing straight in front of Tony and his voice was still calm.

"Stark we have to try, we don't have anything to loose." Thor added.

"Nothing? What about y/n?"

"We are already loosing her you moron!" Nat interjected. "I agree with Loki." She seemed as surprised as everybody else.

Tony looked at Nat with an annoyed look on his face. Nat looked him in the eye and leaned closer to him.

"Tony you know he is right. If y/n has one chance this is it." Tony looked at her for a second and the sighed.

"If anything happend to her..." He pointed his finger ton Loki.

"Believe me Stark I want to save her as much as you do."

Then followed a few moments of silence, Tony was extremely worried about you; he would never forgive himself if anything was to happen to you.

Finally after another small argument Tony agreed that this was the best for you. He didn't do it light hearted though but if this was your one chance he couldn't take it from you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 397 9
He lived a life of lies, injustice, and neglect. He made gruesome mistakes. He was used, tortured, manipulated. But, sure, the God of Mischief can st...
6.4K 212 52
Long before the events of Thor and the Avengers, the god of mischief fell for a common Asgardian maiden. Late night meetings and secret rendezvous's...
289K 10.7K 121
You stuck by him through thick and thin, often leaving Thor's side to help him. You knew him to every last detail, the way he walked, talked, the way...
7.1K 256 26
Sapphron Vurtier was a beautiful Asgardian woman who lived not far from the castle. Her father was a warrior and her mother a healer. Sapphron fou...