The War of Love and Money

By AmelSmith

A wealthy family fights for the inheritance when their grandfather decided Suddenly to write his will and giv... More

Characters Description
Cha-pter *1*
Cha-pter *2*
Cha-pter *3*
Cha-pter *4*
Cha-pter*5*
Cha-pter *6*
Cha-pter *7*
Cha-pter *8*
Cha-pter *9*
Cha-pter *10*
Cha-pter *11*
Cha-pter *12*
Cha-pter *13*
Cha-pter *14*
Cha-pter *15*
Cha-pter *16*
Cha-pter *18*
Cha-pter *19*
Cha-pter *20*
Cha-pter *21*
Cha-pter *22*
Cha-pter *23*
Cha-pter *24*
Cha-pter *25*
Cha-pter *26*
Cha-pter *27*
Cha-pter *28*
The End

Cha-pter *17*

300 32 52
By AmelSmith

"Ughhh…" Zhao Yunlan groaned, tossing and turning around in his bed. Most of the dinner time he was very nervous eyes intently focused on Han Chen's father who instead avoided looking at him in fear to expose their hidden relationship. The man kept talking to Shen Wei only recalling some beautiful memories of his son making Yunlan grumbled and leave to his room sooner.

"It's going to be fine, Yunlan! That Shen Bai didn't bring me into this family for a mare investigation. He sure is hiding something I must know" Zhao Yunlan assured himself, slowly pulling his phone dialing a number.

"Boss! Where the hell are you? You have been ignoring my calls" Da Qing was sulking, Yunlan could hear his annoying reaction on the phone.

"I hope it's urgent!" Yunlan sighed, turning to look at his reflection on the glass window, opening his eyes at the sudden revelation.

"That Lan Yi is planning something for sure. She had a secret meeting with one of the investors in Shen Bai's company, called William Wilson. After tracking down the name of his corporations and their headquarters, we came to a very important information" Da Qing was afraid to announce to his boss the shocking news.

"Say it!" Yunlan shouted impatiently.

"She is the new owner of Wilson's  companies. She bought his shares after he went bankrupt and signed a sale contract with him under a strict condition which is to keep the original company name under his management. No one yet knows about his bankruptcy and selling all of his properties to her in secret" Hearing that Zhao Yunlan wasn't too convinced. He was a little shocked that Lan Yi can bring Shen Bai down if she decides to take back Wilson's shares.

"Why tell me now you moron?" Yunlan was quiet for awhile thinking for a solution before he inquired brusquely and in a loud baritone voice." He was disagreeable towards the news his co-worker announced. Feeling already consumed by anger and deceit, he couldn't control his exhausted self letting it all out on his poor assistant who did nothing but smiled and nodded.

"I couldn't reach you, you piece of shit" Da Qing cheerfully returned the insult back to his boss with the same brusque tone leaving him with no chance for a counterattack. Yunlan's anger faded and eyes flashed. He knew that the agressive voice of Da Qing was meant to wake him up, he was listening but not focusing at all. He snapped back to reality, quickly hang up the phone and left his room.

"Are you going somewhere?" The butler who was just outside Yunlan's bedroom inquired amiably.

"Am I being watched?!" The man asked to make a point before the butler moved aside letting him have his way. Yunlan's instinct seemed doubtful of the uncanny situation, the presence of the man behind his room door, Han Chen's father and his queer behaviour. Everything happened today that Shen Wei couldn't grasp because of his wrong placed nativity made Yunlan's brain function correctly at last. He is now looking for true answers to his questions.

Yunlan swung along towards his destination with a firm stride and in a great hurry. It was a cold, misty night, Nothing was clear cut and nothing was distinct, so hazy was the outlook. He soon found himself standing at Mr. Han small cottage behind the stable. Before he could knock at his door the man opened and welcomed him inside.

"Please come in" He was expecting him after he got a warning call from the Mansion's butler. Yunlan refused to enter, he was striking at the door with an annoyed expression trying to put pressure on the other victim like himself. He checked the man's expression and read no hesitation or lies. He was hoping to be put in the face of truth.

"If you are not telling the truth, I will go back." Yunlan hated this feeling. Being haunted by doubt and lies. Remembering the face of this man the moment he looked at him made him ignite with a burning curiosity. He could never forget his face nor his expression of stunned surprise. How could he? Every time he closed his eyes and decided to sleep, all he saw was the deep brown eyes of this man buried in sorrow.

"If you are doubting your identity then please come in, I will tell you everything regardless of the so many attempts to stop me" Han Chen's father said in a mournful tone before he walked inside allowing Zhao Yunlan to follow him. He settled at the table with a drink in hand. Then he turned his attention to the grown up son he once lost afraid to bring the past now and spill the hidden truth. 

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

"Any girl who is lucky enough to marry that Zhao Yunlan in the future would be very blessed indeed! Do you think I stand a chance father?" Zhu Hong said louder trying to avert her father's attention who was reading some file and not focused on what she said. In anger Hong devoured the Apple in her hand and sulked huffing loud before Xin Ci looked at her beautiful face and smiled.

"Do you like him?" He asked a bit concerned of her answer. Her honest reaction even was faster to send him a quick response. Seeing her blush and titled her head sheepishly made Xin Ci uncomfortable. He had completely forgotten that she used to have feelings for Yezun and Wei before. Her primary concern was to get into the Shen family, he wasn't sure what's the reason behind her so many attempts.

"Darling, that man is not good for you, his personality doesn't match with yours" Arguing with his daughter before getting a phone call from Yezun. The phone rang several times, but Xin Ci decided to ignore it intentionally. In the meanwhile, in his apartment Yezun was cursing, he knew that Xin Ci was avoiding him for what he did last time when having sex with him. Yezun stood in front of the window of his living room. He frowned as he looked at the phone in his hand.

"I have called numerous times, why is he not answering? What is this man doing? Is he still seeing Lan Yi. Shit, where could he go? Maybe he is with that heartless woman called Stepmom?" As Yezun tried rationalizing Xin Ci's lack of response to his calls, the direction of his thoughts concerned him. He was going nuts calling non stop.

"What is it?" Hong answered her phone while bewildered. Realizing how risky the situation was thinking Xin Ci was having a date with his girlfriend, Yezun immediately hurried out of his apartment and dialed Hong's number.  

"Is your dad there?" He asked while in a hurry.

"Yes, have you seen the time now? Is it urgent?" Zhu Hong had a sense of foreboding. Just as her father gave her that creepy look after he put his phone on a silent mode. He kind of blamed her for taking the call. Yezun called persistently, so she didn't seem to reject him like he just did.

"Put him on the phone, hurry!" He was still doubting the whole thing, his excessive jealousy and unreasonable brain couldn't trust even himself on such a matter. Hearing the other man talk to him on the phone, Yezun immediately gave up the thought and calmed down. However, his curiosity about Xin Ci ignoring him and his calls was still throbbing for answers.

"I am coming to your house, you'd better see me if you don't want Hong knowing about us" Frustrated, Xin Ci tried to hide that from his daughter. He contained his anger while listening to the threatening voice of Yezun in the other side of the line. Xin Ci got up roughly and grabbed his jacket. He left while holding Hong's phone in hand without noticing. But that wasn't the issue. The bigger issue was that her phone had an automatic recorder.

"Just calm down, I will come to you. Where are you?"  

"I will wait for you in my apartment, please hurry! I miss you babe so much" Yezun nearly cried from pure joy. He was like a kid with pure emotions.

"I am hanging up!" Xin Ci took a deep breath and forced himself to appear calm and confident. But Yezun's voice of longing had betrayed him. He soon softened after his last statement.

"No, keep me company. I am afraid if you hang up, you won't come. I feel so insecure, I am anxious and worried. When it comes to you, I lose my mind. Babe, just stay with me on the phone until you reach to my flat okay?"

"Okay whatever you want"

"Xin Ci!"

"Yes!"

"I love you so much, I miss you and crave your body and smell. I want you to make love to me this time while I am full awake so I can remember every part of it"

"Go back home and wait for me, I won't take long okay?"

"You are not joking? You are not right?" Yezun's attitude had changed so abruptly that Xin Ci could barely believe his voice, he became so excited and vived. Xin Ci was a bit happy that he had this big of influence on him so he didn't wait to reply to Yezun's absurd questions.

"I always say what I mean" Xin Ci said carefully. At first he was clearly not happy about this forced visit. Although it was wrong for him to leave his house at such time and conditions, and was extremely irritated. Yet, Yezun's voice and stubbornness built some weakness inside of him. He couldn't refuse him or let him cry for the whole night. Xin Ci after all is a true gentleman who bears responsibility for anything he had his hands on.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

"My life is not important anymore. What is important is what I'm going to do to avenge myself. I hate you Shen Wei Ah and everyone around you even the world you live in. My heart has become just cold, full of bitter hatred. I will make sure to kill you violently my pure Wei. This is the time for revenge, no life is worth saving now. I'm going to bury with you as many as I can before I could rest in peace"

Wang was feeling tired. She was absolutely depressed. There were deep wounded feelings of sorrow left within her body. She was angry at her husband for treating her as cold as she was a useless statue whom he didn't even want, someone who was only good for decoration. Wang was feeling wrath at the people around her, those who lived lives of luxury and joy totally ignoring her weak existence. They all ignored her cries and sufferings.

"You awake? Don't pretend like you didn't see me, Wang?" Lan Yi walked closer to Wang's bed seeing her murmurs while tears running down her cheeks. She knew that Wang was probably crying and cursing at her current condition. She woke up finding herself alone in a cold bed inside an unfamiliar place with a part of her body being removed, Wang was sure feeling extreme desolation and grief.

"I didn't pretend Lan Yi because I really can't see anything but darkness. The only person I can clearly see is Shen Wei's face, the man I loved and I still love desperately. However, as much as I am desperate about his love, I hate him the same way and I am eager to make him suffer even worse than I did. I feel so angry at the entire universe for forcing me into this whole situation" Lan Yi raised her eyebrows somewhat and smiled sardonically.

"You are laughing!?" Wang was stupefied. She had no idea why Lan Yi was smiling at her like that as if enjoying her torment.  

"Didn't I warn you so many times? You were blinded by his beauty and love. Shen Wei is a merciless devil, he is a criminal that should be thrown is prison. What you know about him is very little, but what I know.... Hehehe can drive you insane. Far from his illegal business and drug dealing, he has a one secret project that no-one knows about, and I am gonna use that to make him rot in jail forever just wait to see what kind of a big gift I am preparing for that scum"

"Don't hurt him please" Wang pleaded helplessly as if caring too much.

"Why are you behaving like this?" Lan Yi refused her plead of kindness to go easy on her husband.

"I want to be the one that cause him harm or else I will never feel at ease. Let me be the one that kills him slowly and gently, please help me Lan Yi!" The tone of her voice was a clear indicator of how she truly felt. Lan Yi came closer to her and lifted her chin in defiance.  

"Well, if you want me to help you than I can't refuse. Wanna hear about my plan?" Deadly thoughts ran through Lan Yi's mind as she wore a cold expression. She glared at Wang mercilessly who was surprised by her odd behaviour, Wang fidgeted. She didn't know what else she could say to Lan Yi but was eager to hear about her devilish plan. She was her only hope to help her get her revenge.

"Do you know that Shen Wei isn't Mr. Shen Bai's grandchild nor Yezun?" After a long pause, Lan Yi started to reveal hidden facts of the Shen family and their shameless past to Wang who felt like a total stranger as if she never lived with Shen Wei or this family.

"What?" Wang felt a shiver travel through her body. It was almost as though someone had poured a basin of ice-cold water over her.  

"Don't be surprised, this is why he never loved the twins. They are not his son's kids but are the son of another man. Luckily, he took care of them out of sympathy. He didn't want to just throw them in an orphanage after their mother gave them up taking a huge sum of Money. She asked for the twins shares in order to give up their custody, and after she took the money she sent him a letter with their real DNA"

"Oh my God!" Lan Yi stopped talking and was looking at Wang who was having a difficult time expressing herself from shock, she could not swallow her reaction of big disappointment.

"Shen Wei tried to kill me once and he did that to his old man too. He tried to kill him using poison extracted from flowers. He gives people a wrong image of his true self. He is inhumane, what he is hiding is bigger what you and me can handle on our ownes" The disgusted look on Lan Yi's face and her cold words were a clear indication that what she said was creepier than real.  

"What do you mean?" Wang was a little puzzled. She looked at Lan Yi with astonishment and then glanced at the woman's hand that was holding her.  

"Where do you think he brought those pills he fed you? Shen Wei owns a medical factory outside China managing it with the help of his mother. He is pretending they are on bad terms just in front of us, but they are running a big project together selling illegal medications that can kill others and cause them all kinds of  diseases. I have a small portion of his own medicine, wanna use it on him?"

Upon hearing Lan Yi's last revelation, Wang felt like this was her first time hearing about this man called Shen Wei. The one that Lan Yi talked about and the one that she knows and lived with are totally two different persons.     Her heart quivered in panic unable to take more informations that may destroy her. She seemed to be a little hesitant and scared.     

"You have to make peace with Shen Wei. Pretend like you never knew about what he did and that he just saved you by taking such a decision and you are so thankful to him staying at your side. Make him believe you are the same kind angel while you take your revenge slowly staying at his side. See this!" Lan Yi grabbed a yellow pill from her purse after she finished talking.

"What is it?" Wang was terrified, she needed courage, someone brave enough at her side and capable to help her on her revenge journey.

"It's a medication for psychiatric disorder, it's the highest dosage that will bring him slowly to lose his mind. Like this you will be his only guardian, you send him to a mental hospital and take over all his money. You take care of Shen Wei and I will take care of both Shen Bai and Zhao Yunlan, Ah let's not forget Zhang who is now rasing my biological son" The tears quickly gathered in the corner of Lan Yi's eyes showing how broken she was when talking about her only child.

"Are you capable of doing so?" She asked and smiled holding Wang's hand and pressing on it hard.

"Absolutely" With a sweet smile Wang answered,

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

"Who is this Han Chen?" Yunlan forced a cold expression while he was boiling inside.

"You!" The man paused after answering Yunlan's question. He then added,

"We're in this mess because your father let his anger get the better of him back then. Now, he had to return you to me the one who raised you since you were a small baby based on his request." The man forced himself to smile despite what he was thinking

"Shen Bai was afraid to bring you to his house because of his daughter in law. He asked me to raise you as my son and watch over you until you become an adult. However, things didn't go as planned when you fell in love with Shen Wei and he had to take drastic measures to split you two"

"And I thought he only brought me to investigate his family members but things turned to be far complicated than that. Are you saying that I am his biological son?" Zhao Yunlan thought Shen Bai did not deserve to be respected after knowing the truth, he was a hypocritical person serving and protecting his own greed. He didn't differ from Shen Wei's mother. Yunlan had just underestimated his impudicity.   

"Yeah, I know I was wrong to keep this from you but I had no choice. Forgive me, please!" Mr. Han repeated over and over the words of forgiveness as if he felt deeper feelings of deception. The truth he said might not be all of it. After Yunlan had stopped speaking, the man apologized and asked for forgiveness like he was to blame.

"Would you forgive me if I stab you with a knife and then apologize?" Zhao Yunlan asked knowing there was more to say.

"Probably no!" The man hesitantly answered with a bitter tone.

"What is it then? Tell me"

"I am sorry, I couldn't protect you. When they told me you died, I believed it and didn't look for you. Maybe I am not your real father but I raised you and I never felt otherwise" Yunlan's expression was sour and nor him and his father spoke after that, but kept only crying in silence.

"Shen Wei, I don't want him to know who I am. I don't want him to know yet or else he will go crazy and commit more crimes that could end his life. I want to protect him from the people around him and more importantly from himself" Yunlan had to play nice. Even though he was extremely angry. His expression was cold and unforgiving.

"My heart is breaking, I have to summon so much courage to be able to stand right now. I have no memories of my past life, I don't know why Shen Bai decided to acknowledge me now after all these years and most importantly why he is keeping silent already knowing what I feel for Shen Wei?" Yunlan breathed mournfully.

"Do you still love him?" Was the concluding question of his adoptive father. Looking into Yunlan's eyes, he already saw the flames of helpless love that his son bears for the other man that caused his life to turn into misfortune. It's because of Shen Wei and his mother that Yunlan's life and his family turned upside down.

"I can see what kind of ill fate this man holds for you in this life my Han Chan as long as you are close to him, you will only be facing troubles that you can't handle by time" That was the only advice that Mr. Han could give to Yunlan before he hugged him surprisingly making him freeze in his spot. Yunlan didn't anticipate the move nor the words.

Author's Note:

Hello everyone, I apologize for the late update. I really didn't have time to write but luckily I did.

I wish you like my new chapter. Please keep on supporting me and my story. Don't get bored while waiting or lose interest because of the late update.

I will finish my exams and start publishing faster by the end of march. Wish me luck and best of luck to all of you as well.

I really miss you and I love you all.

💋💋💋

Happy Women's Day

💐💐💐

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 733 15
shenwei has been taking care of yunlan since he was a little kid.....he loved him too much as a brother..... but what if yunlan doesn't return his br...
25.7K 1.5K 54
It is the story of love, trust and betrayal which revolves around two couples. Two beautiful brothers Zhan Yao and Shen Wei have different personalit...
48.5K 2.2K 27
The story is about revenge and love that emerge between a very rich businessman, the heir of one of the biggest investment companies in the country a...
34.1K 1.8K 45
"shen wei.... Don't lie to me.... Please come here......." yunlan said as his voice is stucking in his throat due to sobbing. "I don't love you anymo...