Not your Average Cinderella✔️

By princesstreatment

Book two of a different kind of fairy tale series (can be read as a stand-alone but I do suggest reading as a... More

Authors Note
Character list
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34

30

2.7K 77 4
By princesstreatment

The cell door opened again a few hours later. The young wolf walked in carrying an unconscious girl with long black hair wearing a long shimmery dark purple dress. He carefully laid her down on the ground. He chained her up the same as he did me. He didn't look at me as he left the cell.

She didn't wake up until hours later. Well, i assumed it was hours later. I couldn't tell how much time actually went by in the windowless cell. As her eyes took in her surroundings, she started struggling. Her eyes switched from emerald green to shimmery silver back to emerald green. Fangs different from a vampire's fangs descended from her mouth. "You might hurt yourself," i told her when she didn't stop struggling.

She looked over at me. "You're right," she sighed. "I just hate being chained up."

"Well, hopefully my mate is on his way," i said.

"Who's your mate?" she asked, moving to her knees as she started pulling at the chains.

"Prince Sebastian."

She turned to look at me with a raised eyebrow. "Prince of what?"

"Vampires."

"Oh that's so cool, i've never met a vampire."

"Well if he ever finds us, i'll introduce you two."

She sat back down. "My mate should be on his way too." she slipped off her heels rubbing her ankles and wrists. "So a wolf is working for someone who wants the vampire prince's mate and the alpha witch queen."

"A vampire took me along with the wolf." she went back to tugging at her chains. "You said the witch queen?" she nodded. "You wouldn't happen to know a witch named Liliana would you?"

She turned to look at me. She sat back down on the ground. "Liliana was my mother. How do you know my mother?"

"She put a spell on me when i was a baby to protect me from vampires and keeps me from turning."

"And you're mated to the prince of the vampires, how ironic," she chuckled. I smiled at that realizing just how ironic it really is. "I can lift the spell off of you if we ever get out of here."

I sighed. "I don't think i want you to take the spell off of me," i whispered.

"And why's that?" she asked.

"My parents are dead, they died when i was a baby."

"I'm sorry," she said.

I nodded. "Lun actually showed me that my mom's cousin killed them and not vampires, like i was always led to believe." i sighed. "I want to see my parents again and if that means i have to die then that's okay."

She smiled at me. "My mom recently died, killed by her stepfather. She was incredibly important to me and her dying broke me."

"I'm sorry," i said.

"Thank you," she whispered. "I might have lost my mother but my mother lost her mate centuries earlier. I grew up with a loving supporting mother but i also had to watch her be sad all the time. She was never truly happy. She loved me more than anything, i know that but i could never fill the void left by her mate." she looked down as she fixed her dress. She slipped off her heels setting them to the side. "I don't know you or your mate or your situation but i can tell you that my mother would rather never see me in the afterlife then for me to experience the same pain she went through from losing her mate."

"Do you think my parents would feel the same way?"

She shrugged. "Maybe maybe not. It's your decision whether or not you want to turn. If you ever do want me to life the spell, i will."

I nodded. She wrapped her hands around her chains. "What are you doing?" i asked.

She smirked. "It hurts her but my wolf wants to try." i nodded. Her eyes turned to the shining silver and her canines descended. She rose up onto her knees. Her eyes began to glow brighter. She began pulling at the chains with all her might. They broke free from the wall. She then broke the chains from her wrists and from her ankles. She stood up. "Better."

One of her eyes changed back to emerald green. She waved her hand into a fist unlocking my chains. "Thanks," i said as i stood up. I rubbed my wrists. "What do we do now?" i asked.

"We get out of here." i nodded. She cracked her knuckles and rolled her neck. "Stay behind me," she said. I nodded.

She threw her arms out and the cell door blasted open. I stayed behind her as we walked out. The vampire guards were thrown against the wall and their heads snapped off. We kept walking through the cave. A group of men and women came out from one of the halls. They shifted into wolves of all different sizes and colors. Raven squeezed her hands into fists. The wolves fell to the ground. They were dead seconds later. We stepped over their bodies. We continued making our way out of the cave. Anytime someone hostile came towards us, Raven killed them using her magic in different ways.

We saw the light of the entrance a few hundreds feet away from us. The young boy blocked our entrance. Raven growled loudly at him causing him to bow his head. Her dress ripped to shreds as she shifted into a beautiful large black wolf. The young boy fell to his knees. He bared his neck to her in submission. She growled at him. "My queen."

She growled out a bark. He shuddered.

"Please, i didn't have a choice. My family has been under his command for centuries. They would've killed me if i didn't go through with it." Raven nuzzled her nose against his neck. He blew out a breath of relief. She stepped back from him. He bowed her head again before standing up. "The king and the prince are both here, i can take you to them."

"Thank you," i told him. He bowed his head. The two of us walked alongside Raven towards the entrance of the cave. We walked out into the night. There were dead bodies all over the ground. In the center of it all were four men. The only one i recognized was Sebastian.

His eyes found mine. I saw relief and love flood his eyes. In that moment, i understood everything Lun, Josephine, and Raven explained to me. Losing me would be devastating for him. I didn't realize until now that losing him would devastate me just as much.

Raven ran to one of the men shifting right before jumping into his arms. They spoke quietly to each other. Raven looked back at us. "Shift," he ordered. The boy shifted back to human. "Why would you betray me?"

"I didn't have a choice," he said in a soft voice. "My family has served him for hundreds of years. I didn't want to. I never hurt them and I asked the others not to hurt them."

"Who have you served?"

"He's half-wolf half-vampire. He's powerful and my family along with others believed he should be king of both the wolves and vampires. He knew he had no claim to the throne so he thought if he leveraged your mates, you would hand him the thrones."

Raven spoke to him calming him down. She talked to the other two men that were with them. She spoke to Sebastian last. Raven looked back at me. She waved me over. I slowly walked to them. Raven stepped back into who i assumed was her mate's arms. I stood in front of Sebastian. "I'm sorry. I was wrong, I never should've tried to turn you. I understand if you don't want to be my queen anymore."

I wrapped my arms around his waist laying my head on his chest. "I forgive you." he breathed out a breath of relief hugging me back. "We can talk more later but right now I really want to go home."

"I can take care of that," said Raven. "It was nice meeting you Alexa, I wish it was under different circumstances."

I smiled at Raven. "It was nice to meet you too Raven. Thank you... for everything."

A moment after Raven waved her hand, we were back at the palace. He kneeled down in front of me bowing his head. "Alexa please, forgive me. I made a mistake. I let my mother convince me that you needed to be turned."

I grabbed his face. "Sebastian."

"It was stupid and i shouldn't have done it. Gods, i am so so sorry. I will never do this again. You don't need to turn. I love you regardless."

I kneeled down in front of him. "Sebastian. I know you love me. I love you too." i leaned forward gently kissing him. He kissed me back softly. "I'm not mad. I mean, i'm a bit mad but i understand why you did it."

"I'm so so sorry."

I kissed him again. "Sebastian, i'm ready." he looked at me confused. "I want to turn."

His eyes widened in surprise. "Are you sure? You don't have to for me."

"I'm doing it for me and you."

"Sebastian!" Josephine yelled. Josephine, Nate, and Florian ran over to us. "Are you two alright?" she asked. I nodded. "Good. sebastian we need to talk."

"No mother, we don't." he stood up and helped me to stand. "I am done, listening to you. Listening to you has only worked to ruin my relationship with my mate."

I placed my hand on his chest. "Bash-"

"No, this needs to be said. I don't care if Alexa chooses to stay human, it is her choice. It is also her choice to turn. If you don't want to make me king, fine. I'm going to marry her and spend the rest of her life with her. I don't care what you want, not anymore."

Josephine looked between us. She took off her crown placing it at her feet. I looked at her confused. She curtised all the way to the floor bowing her head. "My king."

Florian and Nate both kneeled bowing their head. "Bash?"

Sebastian grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles. "It's a symbolic transfer of power. She thinks i'm ready to be king." he pulled my ring out of his pocket. Still holding my hand, he kneeled down in front of me. "I only want to be king if you're by my side. Alexa, mea soare, will you marry me and be my queen?"

I nodded. "Yes," i whispered, letting him slip the ring back onto my finger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 10.8K 49
[COMPLETED] ೋღ🌹ღೋ He stands roughly a few feet away from me, his body towering over my crouched one. I bring my legs up to my chest, pushing myself...
488 24 40
I was falling, cascading into the dark chasm of sin and desire. I was unhinged, wild and free, giving in to everything I wanted. I would not hold bac...
1.1M 34K 33
BOOK THREE OF THE BLACK SERIES *this book CANNOT be read as a stand-alone* -- "Get the hell off of me, Lucian," I snapped angrily, smacking the palm...
3.1M 139K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...