Weird Charm - Jenlisa

By blue_waverrrr

One is the daughter of a great business family. Smart, talented and not mention a beautiful woman. The other... More

1-Mess
2 - Request
3 - New Job ?
4 - Discussion
5 - Meeting you
6 - Showdown
A/N
7 - Chilling
8 - First Day
9 - First day's Bicker
10 - Words
11 - Intruder
12 - Regret
13 - Oppa
14 - Unexpected
15 - Step one
16 - Choices
17 - Incident
18 - Enemy ?
Extra 1.0
19 - Dinner
20 - Dinner (Part 2)
A/N
21 - Hands-on throat
22 - Pizza Delivery
Update !!!
Chapter 23 - Business
chapter 24 - Unwanted rest
Chapter 25 - Old friend
Chapter 26 - History
Extra 2 - Healing wounds
Chapter 27 - Jichu The Great Counsellor
Chapter 28 - Is it enough?
Chapter 29 - A date with you
Extra 3 - Aftermath
Chapter 30 - My Promise to You
Chapter 31 - A Part of You

Chapter 32 - Moonlight Dance

1.7K 32 5
By blue_waverrrr

My eyes slowly open as the evening sunlight shine through my window. I must have fallen asleep at some point. The grogginess has yet to leave my body, so I decided to stay in bed for the time being. It was when I turned to my side that I notice the soft breathing of someone near me. Confused, I look up. Even with my still blurred eyes, I can recognise that face from miles away. 

Jennie. She's here... In bed. With me...? 

I felt my face heat up as I process the thought in my head. Fortunately, the said girl isn't awake to witness this. I blinked the blurriness away while I try to remember how did this happen. Then,  the moment of our talk earlier flashes in my mind. 

Right. I told her about my parents and my past. 

It wasn't like I intentionally hid this fact of me from her, it's just... hard for me to talk about this stuff. A lot of people address Rom- mom and dad as Mr and Mrs Manoban, this is sure to cause some confusion to them, but we talked, they understand and let me take my own time to slowly reveal this truth about my family to anyone that I feel comfortable to tell. Only my close friends know about this, and now that list includes Jennie, though we are more than friends. Much more. I only told a few of my exes about it, but never in such details. That just how different Jennie is compared to them. 

Silently, I study her face. She looks so beautiful that I have to fight against myself to not pepper kisses on her adorable face. A strand of hair has fallen in front of her face, and I can't help but reach over and move them behind her ear. My hand lingers at the side of her head before gingerly placing itself against the girl's face. 

Jennie stirred but she remains asleep. I grinned at her sigh as she moves closer to me. 

"Lisa, dinner's almost ready! We made extra for Jennie if she decided to stay longer." 

Faintly, I heard dad's call from downstair. I whined softly as I realise that I need to wake Jennie up and end this little moment we're having right now. Removing my hand from the soft skin of her face, I gently pat her shoulder. 

"Jennie, it's time to wake up." Even though I whispered she seems to hear every word I said. 

"Ani... 5 more minutes... hmm," Jennie scowled as she tugged herself under my chin, her arm draped over my waist. 

I blinked at her action, a bit caught off. Though, a giant grin soon found its way to my face while I stroke her back. And the idea of sleeping beside her quickly becomes one of the many things I would like to do more in the future. 

I suppose mom and dad wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer. 

—————————————

"Hey, you alright there?" I asked Jennie after I notice that constant frown of hers since she started to take a short break. 

"Hm?" Jennie looked up and blinked. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just... worried." 

"About?" I stood up from my place and walked to her table.

"Jimin." 

I should have known, honestly. Since the day I got here, I realize that Jennie fears nothing in the company, always the one that's cool and collected. The only thing, or well, someone that could shake her is that snake's son, Jimin.  

Taking my silence as encouragement she continues. "He hasn't shown up for days, and while I am utterly relieved, I can't help but suspect that he's planning something." 

That was true, Jimin has not burst in here since that argument. Even though I'm not as familiar with him as Jennie is, I know that he's not going to let Jen get away with the win of their last fight. 

"Well, we do know why he's here. That jerk literally shouted that part to us, multiples." I filled in while I took a seat in front of her. 

"Yes, but he can't possibly think he can achieve that just by taunting the hell out of me," Jennie groans, probably thinking back to all the troubles Jimin has caused her. "I'm just scared that I won't be prepared when he does make a move." She admitted with a sad frown. 

"Hey," I reached out to hold her hand. "It's going to be alright. I'm sure you can handle whatever he throws at you. Plus, I'm gonna be right beside you, don't forget that." I squeezed her hand as I remind her of the promise I made back then. "And, if he does start throwing hands, I'll be sure to return the favour!" I added eagerly with an innocent grin plastered on my face. 

Jennie all but laughed at my suggestion. When the laughter subsided, she grabs my face and places a chaste kiss on my lips, causing me to blush a little. 

"Thank you, Lis," she said softly, our noses nearly touching, and I couldn't help that dopey smile of mine from forming. 

"Anything for you, Jen. If you want, I can snoop around to find some clues for you." I asked as I hold her hand against the side of my face. 

"Only if you have absolutely nothing better to do," she leaned forward and kissed me again, this one landed on my cheek. "I don't want you to trouble yourself with my problem." 

"Your problem is my problem too, you know," I whined with a pout and look at her with disappointed eyes. "I wouldn't feel good if I know that you're stressed with something and I'm not there to help." 

Jennie giggles at my complaints, I open my mouth again to protest only to fall silent again when she kissed the tip of my nose. 

"W-what was that for?" I asked with an already redded face while trying hard not to smile. 

"You were being too cute, I couldn't help it," she replied plainly with a smirk. 

Her comment flustered me even more and I'm sure my face is as red as a tomato right now. It's funny cause I've always been the flirt in almost every situation there is, after all, the reactions people make are always amusing. But with Jennie, more often than not, she would try to match or even gain the upper of my silly acts, like it's some sort of game we both love. We're just as competitive as each other, which resulted in people to misunderstood this game of ours as something serious. 

Well, that was before and with the feeling we share, I don't mind if people do take the wrong idea. (Can I even say it's the wrong idea now?)

"Said the girl who is ten times cuter than me," I laughed as I lean forward to capture her red lips. Just when our lips were about to touch, a knock on the door interrupted us, making us both jumped. Without even waiting for permission they walked in. 

"Hey, Jennie." A familiar voice spoke behind me. Our eyes meet as I turned around to see their face. "Lisa," Tee greeted with a smile, that is until she noticed our linked hands. "Ohh... Am I interrupting something here?" She smirked. 

"No!" We immediately pulled away from each other and turned elsewhere with identical red faces. 

"I see..." The rebel hummed, refusing to drop her mischievous grin. 

Jennie cleared her throat with a faint blush. "Do you need something from me, Tee?" She asked, momentary forgetting to scold the rebel of her rude behaviour. 

Thankfully, Tee decided to save us from some teasing and focus on the task at hand... for now. "Well, duh. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that." She said as she walked closer to pass a file while doing a fantastic job at ignoring the CEO's twitching brow. "The final test of the Prime Project came out positive, all that left now is the preparation for the release. Here, you need to sign this, I did my part already." 

Jennie took the file with a sigh of relief and flipped to the pages that required her signature while reading some of its contexts. "It's good that we can get this out on due time." Tee agreed with a nod.

"Erm, if you guys don't mind me asking, what is this project about?" I raised my hand to gather their attention. The CEO in particular looked surprised. 

"Oh, right I haven't mentioned to you," Jennie murmured to herself. "The Prime Project is our new line of service for our clients who wish to have direct trading with us without the interference from a third party in a more formatted manner," Jennie explained. 

"Basically, this is a new product that will help us attract more customers, specifically those who are willing to work with us in a longer term. And we're launching it in," Tee thinks as she taps on her chin. "A week." 

"That's fast," I commented. 

"I suppose, though we have been preparing this since I first joined the company," Jennie said as she signs the papers with a swift motion. 

"Honestly, I don't think it's fast enough," the rebel groans as she pushed back her dark bangs. 

"Eh? Why?"

"Because," Tee pulled out her phone and tapped something before showing me an article. "Our rival, Dong Min Alliance, is going to beat us to the punch! It has been rumoured that they would release something similar to ours, but I never thought they would do it at such a fast pace." 

"When will they launch it?" Jennie asked with a slight frown. 

"Tomorrow, afternoon-ish, it said," I answered after leaning back while squinting my eyes at the texts since Tee literally shoved her phone in my face. 

"It can't be helped, I guess." Jennie sighed heavily as she returns the file to the Tee. "Though, it makes me wonder just how they did it in such a short period of time. I believe they only started this project at the beginning of the year."

"Who knows? I bet they used some illegal shit to pull this off." The rebel huffed while checking the papers just in case Jennie might have missed something. "Well then, I better get going. You guys continue with whatever I walked into earlier, Bye Lisa, Jane." She smirked at the blush spread across both of our cheeks and left with a laugh. 

—————————————

Usually, after work, I would head straight back home, but since Jennie and I started seeing each other, we would often go out for dinner every other day. Even though we see each other almost every day, that's still a part of us who wants to stay together as often as possible. Dinner is just an excellent excuse for us to prolong our moments together, today was no different. 

We laughed at one of my terrible jokes as we climb out of her car.  Looking down at my watch that I somehow wanted to put on this morning, I noted that it's already half past 8. I smiled sadly as I realize it's time for me to leave.  

Reaching out for her rosy cheek, and I kiss her gingerly. "I'll see you tomorrow?" I said simply with a smile. 

Jennie all but pout at that, and I have to not give in for another kiss, this one maybe not as innocent. "Stay for a little longer?" She asked hopefully. I would be lying if I say I wasn't waiting for her to say that, though being the joker as I am, I can't help but tease her a bit. 

"Hm... that depends. Do I get another kiss if I do so?" I crossed my arms and I acted like I was seriously considering. 

"Maybe," Jennie rolled her eyes at my behaviour. "Only good girls can have kisses." 

"Hey! Are you saying that I'm not?" I complained as I tried hard to not grin. 

"I never said that. I just merely stated a fact," The girl with cat-like eyes shrugged nonchalantly. 

"Yah!" A laugh finally broke out while I pushed playfully at her shoulder, causing her to laugh too. 

After our laughter settled down, Jennie grabs my hand and guide us to another door of the gigantic garage, one that I haven't noticed or been to before. "Come on, there's something I want to show you." 

 I stayed quiet as I let her drag through the door, though I couldn't stop the gasp once my eyes settle on the scenery in front of me. 

What hid behind the door was a beautiful garden. One that was surrounded by carefully managed bushes and trees, acting as organic fences, and shielding the space within from unwanted attention. Besides the fancy furniture, the space was also decorated with pretty flowers, their fresh fragrant lingering in the air. The only light sources were the soft wall lights and the shine of the moon above us.  

Well, that explained why there were so many gardening equipments in the garage. 

"This is beautiful, Jennie. How come I never notice this before?" I gasped as I continue to observe the garden in awe. 

"Right?" Jennie laughed. 

Once my eyes settled on her, she pulls my hand and leads us to the centrepiece of the place. A set of stone stools and table with detailed cravings that could tell a hundred stories if you took the time to study them. 

"This was my mom's favourite lounging space," Jennie started with a fond smile. "It was her idea to build this hidden yard. She always has a keen on gardening, I remembered whenever I got home from school we would take care of the plants together." She sat down on one of the stone stools, prompting me to sit the one beside her. 

"I guess this is one of your happy places with your mom." I smiled, with our linked hands resting on the surprisingly not freezing table. 

She nodded, "We keep this place as it is as a memory of her, after all, she put a lot of effort into this gem of hers. She even got out of her way to find a talented craftsman to build all the matching stone furniture." She gestured to the grey decor around the space. 

I look around the garden again and this time I can see that both Jennie and Mr Kim really treasure this place, and I realized that Jennie will not let just anyone come in here, only those who she truly valued and trust are allowed. 

"Thank you, Jennie, for showing me your mom's garden," I gaze at her with gratitude. "I feel like I should do something similar in return." 

"Hm..." She tilted her head with an amused grin. "There's really no need for that, Lisa. Though, I wouldn't be opposed to you showing me some of your old stomping grounds." The daughter suggested with a smirk.  

"Deal." I agreed with a laughed. "But for now I have a better idea." 

I pull out my phone and play my most recent playlist, letting it play on the stone table. Jennie looks at me with questioning eyes but didn't say anything. I stood up and grin at her. 

"Care for a dance, my lady?" I bowed down as I gave her my hand like what the male lead characters would do in those cheesy movies. 

"I would love to," Jennie answered after a good laugh and took my hand.

We started to move our body to the flow of the songs playing on my phone, not caring whether it makes sense or not. The first couple of songs were poppy and hyped, almost like what most night club would play, though this doesn't have those deafening bass going hard against your ears. 

Somehow, a soft slow song made its way into my playlist. With just a look, we closed the space between us. Our hands found their way to each other and linked themselves as we swaying our hips. All the while, our smile never left. If anything it only grew warmer as our little dance continues. 

The moment our foreheads touches, something within in clicked. The look that she was giving me just got me to want more, and before I could even stop and think about what I want to say, my mouth was already moving. 

"Jennie, " I whispered as I locked eyes with her. "Will you be my girlfriend?" 

A/N: Hey guys, long time no see! Sorry that I suddenly disappeared again, though I actually have this mostly written out I just couldn't get it out when my life becomes a bit more hectic again. After months of delay, I finally started college. And, well, let just say I underestimated the sheer amount of assignments I would need to do. I don't know when I'll get a chance like this to update again, so don't expect too much. Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I'll see you again in the next one. Bye! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

611K 20.5K 45
A Blackpink fanfiction starring JenLisa. It's a LISA G!P for starters. +++ In frustration, she grabbed her phone. She always does this whenever she's...
2.9K 243 9
Y/n L/n a problematic country music sensation has millions of fans but has just as many haters. The world sees her as cold and emotionless but those...
60.4K 2.6K 14
Lisa met the most beautiful girl she had ever seen in a coffee shop. She feels an instant connection with her but is too afraid to tell her how she f...
213K 4.2K 51
Jennie Kim, Queen Bee of the most popular private high school in Seoul. She has the power to scare people around her, she has never had any feelings...