The Villainess's Great Revenge

By JustVennabel_chan

Lilith Esther Bailey. A woman who was shunned by most due to her arrogant and cold personality. Compared to h... More

Characters (skippable)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
55.5
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
News
150
Chapter 151

80

15.2K 773 97
By JustVennabel_chan

"sigh......" Angelina immediately collapsed on her bed as soon as she arrived back home.

"Miss are you alright...? Should I call Eric to perform a muscle soothing spell?" Marie asked after she hid the two bags they thought back in the deepest part of the closet.

"No it's alright. Oh, but do check on him. He's been locking himself in his room, reading all day. I'm afraid he will tire himself." Angelina said as she extended her arm to pick up the book, laying on her bedside table.

"Hm..his dedication is indeed a little bit much..." Marie made a pondering expression.

"Heh... Well that is indeed one of his strongest points." Angelina smirked as she read the book.

*********************
Eric sighed after putting down the book he was reading.

He felt his stomach rumble. So, he stood up and left his room. As he walked pass the grand halls, he caught sight of the silhouette of a beautiful young girl. Blonde hair and blue eyes...

Eric's eyes squinted

Who else could it be...?

He bent his back and bowed.

"Good afternoon, lady Evelina." Eric clenched his fist as he greeted her. Due to protocol, everyone must go and greet the mansion's masters. If there wasn't such a rule, Eric would much rather ignore her.

"Oh? You seem to have grown taller..." Evelina said with awe. She extended her hand and patted his head gently.

"She must be treating you well. Hm?"

"........" Eric immediately froze at her action. In the past, Evelina would first treat him with gentleness, then beat him half to death.

Evelina suddenly frowned.

"It's such a shame..." Something seemed to have crossed her mind. But, of course she wouldn't give a hint to what she was thinking.

After a few stared, she finally left and Eric was able to make his way to the kitchen.

******************
Winter eventually came at the appearence of December. Although the weather has turned extremely cold, it did not stop the nobles from gathering and socializing.

Today, the white soft snow could be scene gracefully falling from the sky through the windows of the ballroom.

It was a tradition for the royal palace to hold a winter banquet on the 5th day of December.

As the duaghter one of the most eligible and influential families, Angelina could not be absent.

She sighed remembering the earlier ruckus in the morning. She was quickly pulled out of bed and was served by multiple maids, as to get ready quickly.

"The Skyler family is entering!" The male servant announced their arrival with a loud yell.

Several other palace servants opened the grand doors of the ballroom to let the Skyler family enter.

The scene of the palace ballroom could stun any noble. The lights shimmered brightly, and the sights of the nobles gathering and chatting in groups was an overwhelming sight.

As soon as they entered, many heads turned to look at them, and none could help widening their eyes in admiration.

Truly a good looking family!

Every member of the Skyler family possessed extremely good looks. The gentlemans of the family had irresistibly charming apearences, while the ladies had elegant and divine facial features.

Evelina wore a simple sky blue gown. It made her look humble and modest, despite her high status. The gown outlined her slim waist, that seemed like it could break with the slightest touch.

Meanwhile, Angelina wore a white gown, embedded with matching jewels. It was not as down to earth as

Evelina's gown, but it actually didn't make her seem cocky and a show off at all.

Her white gown, with her silver hair, made her look like a beautiful angel that was untouched by mortal sins. Her golden eyes and cherry lips contrasted, enhancing her charm.

The noble ladies could not help but sigh with envy. If only they were born in such an esteem family!

Angelina flinched as she felt her arm being pulled.

"Lina!" Alice exclaimed with a bright smile.

Angelina couldn't help but purse her lips. She could see the little piece of icing on Alice's chin. It seemed the young lady was devouring some cake, before she went to greet her.

"Hm? Why are you looking at me like that, Lina?" Alice asked confusingly. She felt a strange sense of embarrassment, seeing Angelina's face that holding back laughter.

Angelina sighed and saw an arm holding a handkerchief, come out of nowhere and roughly wipe the little icing off Alice's face.

"!!???" Alice froze in surprise as her mouth was being roughly rubber by a handkerchief. Only when the person stopped wiping her face, was she able to identify them.

"L-lady Rienne...???" Alice stood in a dumbfounded manner as she looked as the smug face Rienne was wearing.

"Stupid. Don't you know how silly you looked?" Rienne teased.

"Wha- hey!" Alice's face flushed and she stood there in embarrassment, before running away to hide herself.

"Pfft..." Finally, Angelina's straight face cracked and a small laugh escape her mouth.

Rienne glanced around, then leaned in closer to Angelina's ear, and whispered, "where is she..?"

Angelina smiled. Of course she knew who Rienne was taking about.

"She probably ran over to Chase Casspan" Amgelina joked.

"Yeah, your probably right." Rienne snickered. Then her gaze shifted to a man approaching her.

Seeing him, Rienne immediately frowned. "Tsk..!"

"Rienne..." Rulias's expression turned ashen.

"Is there any business you have with us...?" Since it was clear Rienne did not want to speak to him, Angelin decided to intervene.

"Don't get involved. It's none of your business" Rulias scorned.

"Lady Rienne is a close friend of mine. If she is uncomfortable with your presence, it is only natural I help her." Angelina calmly replied.

"You... Hmph!" Just as Angelina thought Rulias was going to break into a wild rage, he grumpily turned around and left.

"Bye, you piece of sh*t. Don't come back...." Rienne mocked. Her annoyance and hatred were evident in her expression.

"It's good to see you again, lady Angelina."

Angelina heard a familiar gentle, and yet cold voice behind her. She turned back and saw Arianna's dignified appearence.

"Oh, lady Arianna. It's good to see you as well." Angelina smiled. Arianna replied with a silent nod.

Some people might think of Arianna's silence as rude behavior. But both Angelina and Rienne knew that Arianna was simply a person that found talking a tiring thing.

The thing Angelina was not sure if, was the fact that Arianna barely smiles. Not smiling too much was no problem, but it always seemed like Arianna was restraining herself from smiling.

When Arianna had the urge to smile or laugh, she would always stop herself. And when she did smile, she would try to hide it immediately.

Just as she was thinking this, they all heard the honks of trumpets.

Everyone in the ballroom immediately held their breath and stopped chatting. It was clear which family ws entering.

As the sound of big and heavy doors opening creaked in the room, all the nobles bowed and said in unison,

"We welcome the imperial royal family of the Sainthallian Empire! Long live the royal family!"

"Raise your heads my subjects!" The emperor declared. His hand stretched out, holding the empress's waist. Their close relationship was evident.

Behind the Emperor and Empress was the crown prince.

After saying a few comforting words to his subjects, the Emperor let go of his wife's waist, before leaving to discuss with the group of noblemen.

The Empress watched as hee husband left, then she went and walked over to the noble ladies.

The noble ladies curtsied and greeted the Empress once more. After changing a few pleasantries, the empress led the ladies to the west hall.

The west hall was made for noble ladies to gather and chat. In the west hall were many tables and seats.

On top of a small platform was table covered with many delicacies. Behind it was a grand chair for the empress.

Everyone took their seats according to their respective ranks. The Empress naturally sat on the throne.

"It has been quite a while since we have gathered like this. This Empress truly misses you all." The empress said while holding her wine glass.

"My, we don't deserve your majesty's kind words." Someone spoke from the higher ranked seats. Those who are wifes from the top noble sat arouns the table that was at the front, and new the empire.

Angelina, who sat with the other noble daughters at the table beside the higher ranked wife's, stole a glance of the one who just spoke.

It was Marchioness Chandler, lady Arianna's stepmother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3K 26
In my life it was always, "You're the older sister be more mature." or, "Your sister is sick, you have to take care of her!" When it was my graduati...
Mastim's Curse By Mark Board

Mystery / Thriller

1.7K 181 50
Lilith walked the Earth for the first time in a thousand years. Her long black hair draped thickly over her shoulders. Dark eyes and full lips set of...
23.9K 1.7K 29
"Let's go for a party." They said. "It'll be fun." They said. Well my best friends were so wrong. So very very wrong... My world literally turned u...
21 1 4
{The body of a goddess with the mind of a killer} Even though she's the dream girl to many, her heart don't belong to any. A stone cold young adult w...