Out Of The Blue (Sebastian Ve...

Af AlwaysSeb

⚠️ Warning, this story contains smut ⚠️ Reunited with her best friends after years apart 2021 was going to a... Mere

AUTHORS NOTE
Formula 1 Calendar 2021
Formula 1 Driver Lineup 2021
1. A New Beginning
2. Future Plans
3. The End of the Beginning
5. Friends Reunited
6. Testing Times (1)
7. Testing Times (2)
8. Heading Down Under
9. Eve of the Season
Australian GP 🇦🇺
10. Crazy Little Thing Called Lust
11. Jealous Guy
Bahrain Grand Prix 🇧🇭
12. A Date in the Desert
Chinese Grand Prix 🇨🇳
Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 🇮🇹
13. Playing the Hero
14. Her Saviour
15. State of Confusion
16. A New Friendship
17. Back to Barcelona
Spanish Grand Prix 🇪🇸
18. The Birthday Bash
19. A Monte Carlo Miracle
Monaco GP 🇲🇨
20. Monte Carlo Madness
Azerbaijan Grand Prix 🇦🇿
21. Baku Blues
22. "Will You Go On A Date With Me?"
Canadian Grand Prix 🇨🇦
23. Date Night
24. The Lake
French Grand Prix 🇫🇷
Austrian Grand Prix 🇦🇹
25. Mood Swings
26. Home
27. Too Much Too Soon?
British Grand Prix 🇬🇧
Hungarian Grand Prix 🇭🇺
28. The Start Of Summer Break
29. The Camping Trip
30. The Last Night
31. Over Before It Had Even Begun
32. Regrets
Belgian Grand Prix 🇧🇪
33. Her Confession
Netherlands Grand Prix 🇳🇱
34. Together
35. Coming Clean
36. The Next Step
Italian Grand Prix 🇮🇹
37. Just Them
38. Russian Rumours
Russian Grand Prix 🇷🇺
Singapore Grand Prix 🇸🇬
39. From Singapore to Suzuka
40. Downtime in Suzuka
Japanese Grand Prix 🇯🇵
41. Meeting the Family
42. Stateside
United States Grand Prix 🇺🇸
43. Mexico Memories
Mexican Grand Prix 🇲🇽
Brazilian Grand Prix 🇧🇷
44. Too Close to Call
Saudi Arabia Grand Prix. 🇸🇦
45. Five or Bust
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 🇦🇪
46. The Aftermath
47. Betrayal?
Epilogue

4. Settling In

2.1K 61 3
Af AlwaysSeb

Present Day, Aston Martin Formula 1 Team, Silverstone

Matt sat at his desk in the PR office. Sophie had disappeared somewhere and Joel hadn't come back from his lunch break yet. Work was piling up as they were a man down at the moment.

He sighed as he looked at his email inbox. There was still so much left to do. The work had tripled since Sebastian Vettel had been announced as their new driver. He guessed that was to be expected. No disrespect to the team's former pairing of Lance Stroll and Sergio Perez, but neither of them were a single world champion, let alone a four time one.

The fourth member of their team, Kevin, had handed his notice in at the end of last season. He was moving down south to help his dad as his mum had just been diagnosed with dementia. Matt wondered, for probably the hundredth time, when they'd actually get a replacement for him. They should have sorted it by now, they'd had plenty of time.

He just hoped that they got someone half decent. Kevin would be missed, he was a great guy and a hard worker. He'd been part of the team ever since they had started there back in 2018. He'd been offered the job that Melissa had refused.

The workload had been eased a bit by Seb bringing his own Press Officer with him. Britta Roeske had been with Seb for many a year and had happily made the move to Aston Martin with him, as had his Personal Trainer, Antti Kontsas.

The PR gang, as they'd dubbed themselves, dealt with all team's PR related stuff. They dealt with all the social media too. Kevin had also been driver Lance Stroll's Press Officer.

Matt expected whoever replaced Kevin would take on that role as neither he, Sophie or Joel really wanted to do it,  as it would mean seeing too much of Annaliese Harrow. Annaliese was Lance's Personal Trainer, and officially the most annoying person in the world.

As if thinking about her had conjured her up, the door opened without warning and Annaliese stormed in, her face twisted in rage.

"Where is he?" she demanded.

"Where's who?" Matt replied, although he knew perfectly well she meant Joel. He was the only "he" she'd be looking in here for as it obviously wasn't him.

"Who do you think? Your sidekick. Joel the Joker. Or clown more like! He really has gone too far this time."

Matt chuckled. This didn't surprise him in the slightest. Joel was always upsetting Annaliese somehow.  "What's he done now?"

"He totally embarrassed me in front of Sebastian. He put salt in my water bottle!! I choked and spat it all over myself. Lance, Sebastian and Antti all found it rather amusing."  Matt found it rather amusing himself. He couldn't wait to tell Sophie. She was going to love this. Joel had struck gold again.

"How do you know it was him?" he asked.

"I saw him near my things earlier, he made out he was picking my bottle up off of the floor. When he saw me choke he ran off laughing."

Matt had to try and hold his laughter in. He knew Annaliese was right. It was definitely something Joel would do. He didn't doubt it was him for a minute.

"He hasn't been here since before lunch. I'll let him know you are looking for him. I've got to get on, lots to do. You know the way out," he told Annaliese, a little sharply. He'd had enough of her and he really did have to get on with his work.

Annaliese turned and stomped out in a huff, resuming her hunt for Joel. Matt began reading through his emails again. Then the door opened once more. Matt sighed. Annaliese better not be back.

He glanced up and breathed a sigh of relief.  Sophie. She grinned at him and sat down, opening her laptop.

"Hey Matty, sorry I was gone longer than I thought. I was called in to Otmar's office." Matt gave her his full attention.

"Not in trouble are you?" he joked.

"No, it's good news. Kevin's replacement has finally been sorted. She starts on Monday. And she will be definitely be taking over as Lance's Press Officer." Matt high fived her.

"That's great. Good luck to her with Lance. Hope she's young and pretty. That will piss Annaliese right off."

Sophie sniggered. Annaliese really wasn't popular in their office. In fact the blonde personal trainer seemed to go out of her way to make enemies.

"So any info on the new girl?" Matt asked.

"Not really, all Otmar said is she has experience in motorsport PR and starts Monday."

"Oh, well guess we will find out then. Only three days to go. Maybe with a full team we might have time to socialise after work for once instead of staying late!"

"Better tell Joel, he'll be happy to hear it. Where is he anyway?" Matt filled her in on Joel's shenanigans, making her shake with laughter.

The prankster returned to the office fifteen minutes later to the news that three were about to become four again.

The office felt a bit more light hearted that afternoon. Soon they'd be able to relax a little more.

                        ***

Seb stood with his forehead pressed against the changing room wall. When will she just get the message? he thought to himself. His phone buzzed with yet another text from his ex girlfriend, Madeleine.

Madeleine: Please Sebby baby, you must forgive me. I'm so sorry. I was just so lonely. You never had time for me. And Miguel was there. I love you, and I know you love me. I won't give up on you. On us. Xx

He had told Madeleine until he was blue in the face that he wouldn't be taking her back. She was wrong. He didn't love her anymore. He hadn't loved her for a long time. Her leaving him for Miguel had been a shock. It had damn well hurt, but now he felt that it was the best thing that could have happened. If she hadn't done that they'd still be stuck in a rut, in a relationship that was going nowhere. He started tapping back a reply.

Seb: Madeleine, you did what you did. Now you have to live with the consequences. We are over. For good. Any love I had for you has gone. I wish you the best, but please don't contact me again.

He switched his phone off and put it in his rucksack. He didn't trust himself to be so polite if she texted him back again. He glanced at his watch. Time to head back to the hotel. He picked up his gym bag and opened the changing room door,  heading down the corridor towards the main lobby.

"Hey Seb, wait up!" a voice called from the other end of the hallway. He turned to see his team mate, Lance Stroll, heading his way.

"Hey Lance,"he greeted the dark haired Canadian.

"What are you up to this weekend? A few of the lads are going out in MK. I wondered if you fancied it? You know, get to meet more of the crew." Seb was about to decline. He was over a decade older than Lance and he didn't feel they had much in common. But then he thought, why not? He wanted a new start. He had a new team. Maybe it would be good to get to know more of them. And Lance was going out of his way to make him feel at home. It would be rude to say no.

"Sure. Sounds good," he said, before he could change his mind. "Text me the details. You have my number?" Lance nodded. "See you later."

Seb headed out into the lobby, then out of the main door and into the car park.   He approached his black DBX. He opened the boot and threw his gym
bag inside.

The car park was virtually empty. It was Friday afternoon and most of the workforce finished early on Fridays unless it was a race weekend, which it wasn't. He slid into the driver's seat and just enjoyed the silence for a few minutes. He already felt at home here. It was good to be in such a small, family like environment after the circus thet had been Maranello. He felt wanted here. He just wished his personal life was as settled. He sighed.

He had spent several years with Madeleine and now he was single for the first time in what felt like forever. He didn't miss her as such, but he missed having someone, someone to hold and to hold him. Someone to talk nonsense with just because they could. Someone special.  He knew he would never settle for just anyone. There had to be someone out there for him. Someone who could make him happy again.

The last few years with Madeleine had been awful if he was honest about it. He had fallen out of love with her but had  been too cowardly to end it. He had stayed with her just for the sake of it. He didn't know how to be single anymore. It was all new to him. How did he go about meeting someone? It wasn't as if a World Champion racing driver could join Tinder.

He noticed the three members of the PR team exit the building and climb into a blue Nissan Juke. They were all laughing and joking with each other. He missed having close friends like that. It really was a lonely life.

He was quite good friends with some of the drivers. Kimi, Lewis, Daniel, but ultimately they were still his rivals.

The PR team seemed a fun lot. Joel was definitely the joker of the pack. Seb knew he shouldn't have laughed at poor Annaliese earlier but the look on her face had been hilarious. She'd been mortified. Lance had told him that she had a crush on him. He hoped not. He'd had enough of blondes to last a lifetime. Blondes were a weakness of his. Maybe it was time to go for a brunette or a red head? Yes. Time for a change.

He started the ignition. It was time for him to lighten up a bit. He had to stop being so serious and have some fun.

                        ***

Joel pulled into his parking space the following Monday morning, driving maybe a little too fast. They were running a bit late though. It was not a good impression to set to their new colleague. He hoped she wouldn't be too annoyed with them, but it wasn't as if they could have helped it. Things had just all seemed to go wrong at once.

First of all Matt's car wouldn't start. Then when he'd picked Matt up and gone to get Sophie, she'd only been half dressed as her alarm hadn't gone off. And to top it all off there had been a delay on the dual carriageway after a lorry had broken down.

They all jumped out of the car and walked briskly across the car park towards the factory. Joel held the door open for them and they headed towards their office at the end of the corridor. Just before they opened the door they heard Bradley, one of the interns, calling them.

"The new girl is here, she's been asking where you've all got to. I put her in your office."

"Thanks Bradley," said Sophie, smiling at the young man and making him blush.

"Well, let's get this over with," muttered  Joel, pushing the door handle down and opening the door. They all filed inside, eager to meet their new colleague. The new girl was stood looking out of the window, her back turned to them. Her dark hair was pinned up in a messy bun. She was dressed in the team uniform of green jeans and polo shirt.

"We are so sorry we are late,"apologised Joel. "You won't believe the morning we've had."

"Somethings never change do they Barnes? Always an excuse, " a familiar voice said.

The girl turned around to face them and they all got the shock of a lifetime.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

236K 4.7K 60
It had been 10 years since the last time Valeria had set foot in a kart, or a circuit for that matters. She had grown up watching Formula1 with her d...
145K 3.4K 70
He's a 4 time Formula 1 World Champion. Having split with his long time partner and his career on the decline he's hiding away from the world. She...
112K 2.4K 50
For years Sebastian had admired her from afar, able to look but unable to touch. Now after one of the most eventful and traumatic years of his life...
135K 2.9K 75
Charlotte and Sebastian had disliked each other from the moment they met. Now, 8 years after their last meeting they are thrown back together. And th...