10. Crazy Little Thing Called Lust

There were going to be plenty of sore heads in the morning. Virtually the whole team, apart from the drivers, had gone out to a club to celebrate Seb's fourth place and Lance's ninth place. A double points finish was a great start to the season. The drivers had been taken out by the management for dinner but were expected to join them later.

Melissa wasn't drunk as such, but she wasn't exactly sober either. She was trying to keep her wits about her because she knew she and Sophie would probably end up having to make sure Joel and Matt got back to the hotel safely. The boys were already well on their way to being out of it. Both were dancing like lunatics with half of Lance's crew.

Melissa was sat with Sophie at a corner table. They were sharing a jug of some brightly coloured cocktail. She kept glancing over at the entrance as if she was looking for someone. Sophie raised her eyebrows at her friend. She'd noticed Melissa watching the door.

"I'm sure Seb will be here soon," she said, knowing exactly who her friend was watching for.

"What makes you think I'm looking for him?" Melissa retorted, defensively.

"Who are you looking for then?" Sophie retorted.

Melissa looked like she was trying to think of what to say, then shrugged. There was no point in denying it. Sophie knew her too well.

"OK, I'm looking for Seb," she admitted. They both started laughing.

"I knew it. So, have you decided what you are going to do about him?" Melissa shook her head in frustration. She really didn't know. She was still as confused as ever.

"I'm terrified of how much I want him Soph, but I don't want to end up getting hurt. You know what these drivers can be like. A different woman in every city. I think it might be for the best if I just forget him, but I don't know how. Even the sight of him gives me butterflies in my stomach."

"You can't let Adam put you off men for life. And you can't label all drivers the same. Sure, a lot of them have a woman in every port, but that doesn't mean Seb does. He was with Madeleine for several years. You need to let go. Have fun. Get to know the man. I mean the real man, not the driver."

Their conversation was suddenly interrupted by Joel dancing over,  wiggling his hips in time to the Latin beat that was blasting out of the speakers.

"Ladies, come on up and dance with us!" he slurred, definitely a bit worse for wear. They both started laughing but got up and headed up to the dance floor with him to join Matt and the rest of the Aston Martin crew. They had a lot to celebrate.

                        ***

Seb and Lance arrived at the club just after 10 o'clock. They ordered drinks, found a table and sat down.

Seb glanced around, trying to find a certain brunette. He couldn't see her but the dance floor was pretty crowded. He wasn't a big fan of clubs but tonight he was in a great mood, so he'd come along with Lance to join the team in their celebrations.

He'd had a great race, passing Lando Norris five laps from the end to get fourth place. He was confident he could do even better in the next race. They would fly out to Bahrain the following evening.

He really wanted to see Melissa tonight. He hoped she was here. He could see her friend Matt at the bar so it was likely that she was. Lance kept rambling on about Annaliese. The poor kid was smitten with her. Little did he know that Annaliese had her sights on the other Aston Martin driver, and Seb didn't have the heart to tell him.

Then he saw her. She was dancing with Joel and Sophie. She looked amazing in a tight red mini dress that clung to every curve on her body. Her boobs looked amazing. He took another swig of his beer for courage, then he stood up.