The Villainess's Great Revenge

By JustVennabel_chan

Lilith Esther Bailey. A woman who was shunned by most due to her arrogant and cold personality. Compared to h... More

Characters (skippable)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
55.5
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
News
150
Chapter 151

77

15.4K 799 69
By JustVennabel_chan

What she read gave her a strange dark feeling. She knew the real Angelina was certainly extremely sick, but reading the process leading up to the real Angelina's death, was slightly disturbing.

There were not many entries. Perhaps it's because the sick Angelina didn't have the energy to write for most of the time.

Angelina gently put down the diary and examined the music box. For an object belonging to a noble, it looked quite cheap. There weren't any beautiful decorations or carvings on the wooden music box.

Angelina found the little winding key and started to rotate it. A gentle and sweet tune echoed in the quiet room.

The music was sweet but also sounded distorted. The box seems to be slightly broken.

She closed the music box and flipped it over. There she saw small carved letters forming the words,

[ Happy birthday little miss! I know miss is going through a rough time right now. Miss must be sad that miss can't spend her birthday with her family. But don't worry, miss's most loyal maid is here! I hope miss likes my present! I hope the lovely music can ease miss's heart and help miss sleep.]

"Oh, this music box is from Marie..." Angelina muttered to herself.

It made sense. After all, at that time, the real Angelina only had Marie by her side when she celebrate her first birthday in the Vancelia empire.

A smile graced Angelina's face. The smile was gentle but also carried pity.

'It must've been hard for Marie to buy a gift for Angelina with the little money she had...' Angelina gazed lovingly at the music box. The real Angelina must've treasured this simple gift so much, that even she felt warm inside...

************************
"m-miss....." Carol said softly. Her body and voice trembled as she approached the beautiful young woman standing in front of the mirror, staring at herself dazed.

"What..?" The lady in front of the mirror responded with a quiet tone. She seemed slightly annoyed.

She was wearing an elegant white dress that outlined her slender waist. Making her look like a beautiful fairy that has descended from the heavens. But somehow, in Carol's eyes she looked even more threatening.

In this mansion, only few know truly terrifying her master can be.

"t-the...the young master of the Casspan family is here to see you..." Carol said with her head lowered. Her head was lowered so much, it almost touched the ground.

"oh...?" Evelina's previously cold eyes, flashed with interest.

"he...he's already waiting for m'lady in the drawing room..."

"Hm... take me there.."

"Yes...miss"

***********************
"It's nice to see you again, lady Evelina" Chase bowed and politely greeted her.

"It's nice to see you again as well, Chase" Evelina lifted her dress slightly and curtsied.

".........." Chase widened his eyes. He was slightly confused. Evelina would always call him by his name after 'brother'.

".......!" Evelina stared confusingly at the slightly dumbfounded Chase, before realizing her mistake.

'No...i need to stay calm...' Evelina composed herself and recovered her smiling, pure expression.

"Is something wrong, brother Chase..?" Evelina tilted her head and stared at Chase cutely.

Chase gazed into Evelina's eyes before shaking his head and spouted the words, "No. Nothings wrong m'lady."

They sat down on opposite couches and started multiple small talks. But they know that each other were here to merely small talk. They were not just chatting peacefully. They were watching each other.

************************
Evelina walked pass the garden, biting the tip of her thumb. The sky was clear and blue, the opposite of the storm brewing in her mind.

Chase was acting strange. He would frequently steal a few glances from her. What was he thinking...!?

'Did the past me do something wrong before i came back...!?' Evelina frustratingly wondered in her mind.

Evelina wasn't aware that Chase started to be wary of her when the past Evelina purposely fell on Angelina's debut ball.

"miss calm down....your finger..." As soon as the words fell out of her mouth, Carol regretted it. She knew what would happen next. Evelina would definitely scream, "Stay out of other's business! Just keep your annoying mouth shut!"

But instead of that...Evelina actually stayed silent. That was extremely strange in Carol's mind. She spent years by Evelina's side, she knew more about Evelina than even her family members! But even she could not understand Evelina's strange behavior for the past few days.

As they turned the corner, Evelina felt someone bump into her. She was about raised her head give this reckless servant a hard scolding, but then she noticed long silver hair...

"Evelina...?" Angelina uttered with indifference.

"You!- How dare you-" Carol was about scold Angelina for knocking into Evelina and calling her by her name, but Evelina glared at her, warning her to shut her mouth.

".............." Carol immediately shut her mouth and lowered her head.

"Angelina..? What brings you out here...?" Evelina smiled and gestured for Carol to leave.

"I was just getting some fresh air, sister. I didn't know I needed to inform you every time I leave my room." Angelina chuckled.

"......." Evelina frowned before sneering. "Chase came to see me earlier..."

".........." hearing his name, Angelina instantly frowned.

"He said he missed me dearly..." Evelina continued to brag and shorten her and Angelina's distance.

"What do you mean by this...." Angelina gritted her teeth and pushed Evelina away.

"What do you mean, Lilith...? Or should I say 'my dear sister'." Evelina displayed a grinning face.

"If there's nothing then I'll be leaving...!" Angelina lifted her dress slightly and prepared herself to turn around and leave. But she immediately felt Evelina grab her wrist to stop her.

"Why are you running away, sister Lilith? I still have something important to tell you..."

"Tsk...! If it's not concerning me, you don't need to tell me!" Angelina did not want to stay here any longer. Hearing Evelina brah about her and Chase's relationship is as hellish as watching a cat being strangled!

"Hm..before I returned....my... how can I say this without breaking your heart... "

"...."

"I must say...he seemed quite relieved and relaxed after you were executed...argh-!" Evelina sensed her hair being pulled and her head being slammed against the wall.

"....." Angelina stared at Evelina coldly as she saw Evelina's forehead redden.

"Y-you..."

"Shut up Evelina. I have no interest in what you said was 'important'. Go on and spout those words to someone's else."

"Urg...urgh...!" Evelina struggled in pain while Angelina firmly held a handful of her hair.

"Rather...it pleases me more seeing you like this..." Angelina sneered.

"Heheh...your still the same."

".....?"

" Still the same Lilith who would get emotional of the son of Marquess Casspan.."

"...."

"Hm? Speechless..?" Evelina smiled from ear to ear. But due to her current state, she looked quite haggard.

"Say Evelina....why are you so obsessed with marrying Chase. I don't believe you truly love him..."

"Huh? Pfft..." Evelina broke into laughter.

"Oh Lilith..."

"....!" Angelina was caught of guard as she saw Evelina break free from her graph and place both her hands on either sides of Angelina's cheeks.

"What kind of question is that!? Lilith, I thought you knew this. Who wouldn't want to marry a rich man!? Being able to live in luxury... Be adored and repsected by everyone... that's everyone's dream!" Evelina shouted like a madman.

Angelina could do nothing but stare at her stunned expression reflected in Evelina's eyes.

"Heh... You did take Eric from me. But let me assure you that it doesn't mean you have won! The reason for my downfall was due to a little...mishap..."

Evelina paused before continuing her words.

"Eric played a big role in my previous plan. But it doesn't matter. I'll merely come up with another one!" Evelina took a deep breath after she was done screaming.

"Well then...I guess I'll have to just ruin your other plan..." Angelina held Evelina's hands that were holding her head tightly.

"Hah! You can try! I'm not giving up!" Evelina said with flames full of determination in her eyes.

"I too am not giving up." Angelina pushed Evelina roughly and turned around.

"This time...I will win, Evelina" Angelina gave Evelina a sneering side glance.

"No.... I'll win" an innocent and pure smile formed on Evelina's face.

"Heheh...then we'll just have to wait and see..." Angelina chuckled as she walked away.

Evelina's put smiled dimmed. She glanced down at her feet and laughed at herself.

It was a laugh full of mockery and slight confusion. She lifted her head and stared into the blue sky.

Her eyes... The feelings inside her eyes, if it were to be interpreted into words...

It would be, 'I too don't know'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 863 28
TO BE EDITED. *** Eris Belladonna was a child born the same day as God's prophecy. She was blessed with beauty and an immense amount of divinity that...
142K 5.7K 51
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in wedding! {23/05/18} & 1st in Laugh! {11/08/18} 13th in Romance! {03/12/18} Sequel to Mr Hulk's Jelly Bunny->Can be read as a...
Mastim's Curse By Mark Board

Mystery / Thriller

1.7K 181 50
Lilith walked the Earth for the first time in a thousand years. Her long black hair draped thickly over her shoulders. Dark eyes and full lips set of...