Elemental Roommates

By Nomie132

(Discontinued!) [Written: 2020 - 2023] They're loud, annoying, emotionally tired college students just trying... More

Chapter 1 Move-In
Chapter 2 No Humans Allowed!
Chapter 3 In the Shadows
Chapter 5 Pain in My Neck!
Chapter 6 Can You Keep a Secret?
Chapter 7 Burning Love
Chapter 8 Apologies
Chapter 9 Come With Me?
Chapter 10 Fumbling for the Relatives
Chapter 11 Cupcake Love
Chapter 12 Silly Old Man
Chapter 13 I Can Explain...
Chapter 14 Brother Like No Other
Chapter 15 Tough Choices
Chapter 16 Here For You
Chapter 17 Torn At the Seams
Chapter 18 Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 19 Investigation
Chapter 20 Short-Circuited Attraction
Chapter 21 Outside Safe Haven
Chapter 22 Survival
Chapter 23 Pressure
Chapter 24 Diving Deep
Chapter 25 Underneath
Chapter 26 Inner Truth

Chapter 4 Struck A Nerve

978 27 49
By Nomie132

Jay let out a loud yawn as he strolled out of his room. He had a bad case of bed head, and his baggy shirt practically draped over him while he headed for the kitchen.

"Good Morning, Jay," Zane greeted as Jay turned the corner. The white wearing roommate sat down by the island in the kitchen.

"Hey, Za--- AAAAHHHH!!!" The ginger screamed, seeing that a part of Zane's forearm was opened up. He noticed a bunch of wires and gears inside. By the sudden scream, Kai and Cole came rushing out of their rooms. Kai carried a large bat, and both guys had similar bed head as Jay.

"WHERE'S THE INTRUDER!?" Kai screamed with his bat, ready to strike.
Jay was white in the face. He simply stared at the android in front of him.

"The... t-t-the robots are taking over... it's just like how the movies said it would," Jay rambled before collapsing to the ground with a loud thud. Banging sounds then went off from underneath the boys.

"KEEP IT DOWN! WE'RE TRYING TO SLEEP!" Nya screamed from below them, though her voice was muffled.
Cole gave a dull look, clearly annoyed he was woken up for nothing.

"Yeah... I guess we should have told him. Zane, maybe not work on repairs before you tell the guy," Cole complained with tired eyes.

"Yes, that would have been better. My apologies, Jay. My arm was malfunctioning a bit," Zane informed their fainted roommate.

"I'm not carrying him to the couch," Kai stated, lowering his bat. Cole turned his attention to the Master of Fire with a raised eyebrow.

"Why the heck did you bring a bat? You literally can make fire with your hands," Cole informed him plainly.

"I always wanted to use it. Guess that dream's not gonna happen today," Kai grumbled sadly. He swung the bat over his shoulder.

"How the heck is that a drea-- nope nope, not going there. It's too early for this," Cole finished before heading back to his room. Kai followed soon after, and Zane strolled over to the bathroom. Minutes later, he came back with a damp washcloth and placed it on Jay's forehead. He snatched a pillow from the couch and placed it under his roommate's head. The android then sat back down by the island, trying to fix the glitch in his system again.

Later that day, after his sudden panic attack with having a robot roommate, Jay headed over to the courtyard. The university had a concrete area right outside the gym for elemental masters to practice their powers. Brick walls covered two sides of the area with one opening on the right. Class was about to start as students filed onto the bleachers beside the back wall. He glanced over the elemental masters, wondering what each of their elements could be. He began to fidget where he stood. Many of the students seemed confident to be there as they chatted with friends. It wasn't the not knowing anyone that scared Jay... it was the skill they possessed to crush him!

"Jay! Hey!" The lightning master snapped out of his thoughts to find Kai, along with his girlfriend, in the back row of the bleachers. The couple waved him over, and the blue wearing student exhaled with relief.

At least there's some people who might go easy on me.

Jay strolled over to them and took a seat on the cold metal bench.

"You guys are in Elemental 101, too?" Jay asked the two, clearly surprised.

"Ugh, yeah. Yet another required course they're making us take. We've been practicing our powers for years. They seriously think we still need this class?" Kai questioned while looking towards his red haired girlfriend. He leaned his back against the railing, and his arms were crossed in an irritated manner. However, Skylor responded with a shrug.

"Eh, it beats being stuck inside a class room for an extra hour. I personally like having the opportunity to cream you again with your own powers," Skylor teased to her boyfriend with a smirk. Kai glanced her way with a baffled look. He then smiled while rolling up the sleeves of his sweatshirt.

"Oh, it's on!" Kai shouted before turning to Jay. "Anybody here you think you can take? We like setting bets on who can beat who." Jay already began to sweat as he merely glanced at all the much higher skilled students.

"Uh... isn't this class supposed to teach us on how to use our powers rather then just... fighting?" Jay questioned shakily.

"Yeah, but the fighting aspect is the best part. Come on, Jay. Skylor told me that you got electricity powers. I'm sure you take down half the guys here," Kai remarked while elbowing Jay in the arm. The Master of Lightning looked around at his classmates. One man carried giant metal gloves. Jay caught his eye. The large bearded man stared him down until the younger student began to shake.

"Haha... yeah... totally," Jay muttered with a weak laugh.

"Oh, heads up. Teacher's coming," Kai replied quietly. Jay turned towards the direction his roommate was looking. However, he wasn't sure if the hothead was right. The person walking towards the class was a very young guy. His face didn't carry a single sight of facial hair, and he was even shorter than Jay by a couple inches. The kid looked at least 16, maybe 17. His blonde hair blew through the wind. His gold and green uniform shined from the sun's light. Jay stared with raised eyebrows at the kid with confusion clearly growing inside the pit of his stomach.

"Where's the teacher?" Jay whispered to Kai.

"He's the teacher. Don't let the little runt fool yeah. He's had tons of training," Kai remarked silently with one hand over his mouth, so his words would only be heard by Jay.

"Yeah, but like... shouldn't this kid be in... you know... highschool or something?" Jay mumbled alittle louder in disbelief.

"His father runs the university. My guess is he's being homeschooled," Skylor furthered while keeping a low tone.

"Yeah but--"

"Good morning, everyone," The young man announced once he was close enough to the bleachers.

"Mornin, Lloyd," Kai called out causally. The blondie turned his head towards his direction and narrowed his gaze.

"Again, it's Mr. Garmadon. I require respect in my class, Mr. Smith."

"Yes sir," Kai replied while saluting to him lazily. He let out a slight chuckle, which caused the green colored teen's eye to twitch. Lloyd then turned his attention to the ground and closed his eyes. He took in a silence breath before exhaling it back out. He opened his eyes once again, turning to his students.

"I guess today's a perfect day for another game of Versus. It'll be a great way to introduce our newest student, Jay Walker," Lloyd called out, lifting his hand towards the young man. Jay's eyes bulged by all the attention suddenly turning to him. He gave off another chuckle.

"Haha... hey... what's uh... what's Versus?" He asked trying not to sweat through his shirt.

"Where students go toe-to-toe until one student makes it to the top. They'll then have the opportunity to fight me. Defeat me, and you can graduate from my class early with a 100%," Lloyd explained with his hands resting behind his back. Jay's body began to shake rapidly at the mention of fighting. He elbowed Kai harshly in the arm.

"Ow!" Kai whined.

"You just had to stir him up, didn't you?" The Lightning Master complained, keeping his voice low.

"What does it matter? We can take these guys," Kai remarked while pointing his thumb towards the other students. Jay let out a groan, letting his head fall into his hands.

"Since Mr. Smith sounds so confident in himself, why doesn't he go first?" Lloyd suggested, motioning the red wearing student towards him.

"Perfect! Cause I've been really wanting to fight--"

"No no, I'm not going to let you fight Ms. Chen first. That would be too easy... for her," the teen mumbled. Other students began to chuckle at his words. Kai's face turned the same shade of red as his sweatshirt. He balled his fists slightly before letting the feeling sizzle down.

"Haha, very funny,"  He replied in a deadpan tone while crossing his arms.

"I'll take the hothead," A voice called out. Lloyd turned his attention towards Tox, who was off to the side with a man with grey skin.

"Alright, Tox vs Kai. Let the first round begin," Lloyd called out.

Once the two fighters made their way to the middle of the courtyard, they stood 10 feet apart. Kai gripped his fists tightly, narrowing his gaze at the punk girl he tolerates only for Skylor's sake.

"Go easy on him, Tox!" Skylor teased with a smile. However, the Master of Fire shot the redhead a hard glare.

"What? I was only joking," Skylor stated defensively, arms crossed now.

"Afraid your gonna get your butt kicked by another girl, Kai?" Tox mocked as she stood in a fighting stance.

"Really? Where is she? All I see is a pile of green sludge in front of me," Kai replied harshly.

"Ooo, did I struck a nerve?"

"Alright you two, you know the rules. Five minutes to fight. If you get kicked out of the courtyard, you're out. If one of you no longer can go on, you're out. If you are both still standing after time is up, then you both loose. So, please don't let that happen, okay?" Lloyd explained quickly while standing between the two fighters. He set his watch for 5 minutes. He then lifted his hand up into the air. "Ready... set... GO!!!" Lloyd slammed his hand towards the ground while the two fighters charged. Tox sent a large cloud of green gas towards the hothead, but Kai countered it by blasting flames. The cloud exploded, dispersing the toxic air. The two then went into close combat, using their fists instead of their elements.

"You seem angry, Kai. Are you that self-conscious that you can't accept your girlfriend's better than you?" Tox mentioned. She dodged a swift punch from Kai. The Master of Fire started grinding his teeth in response.

"Hilarious! You do stand up comedy, or does your hideous face scare all the guys away?" Kai remarked; anger started bubbling inside him. Tox narrowed her gaze after jumping back. She sent another cloud towards her opponent. This time, Kai didn't react quickly enough, and some of the gas went into his lungs. He jumped out of the way before nearly stumbling to the ground. He coughed and hacked. He opened his eyes to see his vision was a bit fuzzy. The fire master stood his ground as a green figure slowly made his way towards him.

"You know, the only reason she even dates you is because she pities you. You really think you're some big hotshot?"

"Tox!" Skylor exclaimed. The poison master glanced towards the red head. Skylor's eyes were flaring with fury. The green haired girl stared at her for a seconds more before biting her tongue. Kai then charged again. He almost landed a punch, but his fighting was starting to get sloppy. Tox raced towards him. However, the red wearing master fired a heated blast her way. The flames scorched the side of her leggings.

"Why'd you stop? Come on! I dare you to say more!" Kai spat in anger serving a kick in her direction. Tox dove to the ground and swept the hothead's feet from underneath him. He slammed against the concrete with a loud thud as his eyes were still clouded with fumes. Tox slammed her foot against his chest to keep him from getting up.

"We're done here," She spoke to him silently. She still carried an irritated gaze before Lloyd came in between them.

"Alright, that's enough," he said while helping the fire master to his feet. Tox strolled back to the bleachers, completely ignoring Skylor's furious gaze. Lloyd guided Kai back to the direction of his seat. Jay grew weary of his roommate, especially when he sat beside him and not Skylor.

"Kai?" The Master of Amber asked her boyfriend. However, the hothead refused to acknowledge her and stayed silent. "You're joking, right? You don't seriously believe what Tox just said?" Kai continued to not say a word. He dipped his head low and ran his fingers through his gelled hair. Skylor's face formed a deep frown. Her eyes squinted in disgust before turning away from him as well. Jay remained in the middle between the two quarrelling lovebirds. His hands fidgeted in his lap while he let out a heavy sigh.

This day's just getting better and better!

A/n: Oh boy... so Tox and Kai don't have the greatest relationship. Now Skylor and Kai are fighting too. I'm so sorry Kailor fans 😭😭😭!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 729 24
"Next stop, Ninjago City." Captain Lloyd and his crew did not expect that their next stop would involve having to bring on board five, annoying, in...
29.4K 712 29
Book Two, following on from Ninjago High School. So the Ninja have there elemental powers, the over lord is revealed, a dance is held and a battle is...
49.4K 1.7K 27
"I don't think this is going to work." "It has to. If not, all of Ninjago is screwed." - sequel to Enmity
36.4K 1.3K 23
Jay Walker is a normal college student with a part-time job in a tea shop. Nya Smith, his girlfriend, is an equally normal student who in her spare t...