My New Neighbor

By samysbae_

I'm always rushing into things and getting nowhere. Maybe I should take it slow this time. - 1k readsss (19/0... More

2- Wasted
3- Perfect
4- Beautiful
5- Yours
6- Vibing
7- Promise
8- Truth
9- Sign
10- Judge
11- Afraid
12- Gone
13- Bound
II 1-Make or Break
II 2-Never Again
II 3-Busy
II 4-Red Flag
II 5-Trust
*Date Night, Night

1- Unforgettable

6K 120 434
By samysbae_

           I woke up to the noise of a van and people talking outside of my window. It was summer and I was just trying to sleep in but I just had to wake up to this.

I looked outside and saw my mum talking to one aunty outside, who I guessed was the one moving in across us.

"Tanisha!" My mum called as she came back inside, "get dressed and come meet the new neighbours!"

"Uh..okay"

Ugh! NeighbourS? It's a family isn't it. I bet they have some annoying little kids that I'll be forced to look after or something. Once they pass 3 years old their cuteness fades and they're just annoying.

I took a quick shower, then put on a graphic tee and denim shorts as it was pushing 30 degrees. I brought a denim jacket just in case the England weather wants to act up and go cold.

My mum knocked on their door and a little boy, about 8 or 9, opened the door and screwed me. This will be fun...

We sat in the living room and everyone introduced themselves. The parents were Mr & Mrs Boateng, and the little boy was called Daniel, but he'd left the room straight away. Based on the names, I guessed they were Ghanaian.

"Ah and that's our first born, Samuel" The dad mentioned as we heard someone coming down the stairs.

'Great. It's probably another annoying 10 year old' I thought to myself.

"Samuel, get in here!" His mum shouted before he walked in.

I was actually taken aback when I saw him. He looked my age, around 6ft or taller with waves and earrings. He was shirtless, but had on some grey Nike shorts. I'd be lying if I said he was mid.

"Hello auntie" Samuel went to shake hands with my mum but she hugged him instead.

"Heh! Fine boy" she shouted making me laugh, "you will soon be my son in law!"

I smiled awkwardly avoiding eye contact. Why is it every time parents find out their friends have a boy your age you have to be shipped together? Mi tyadddd.

After a while, our parents started watching a film and I was starting to get bored. My phone was on 2% so I couldn't even go on that.

"I can tell you're bored," Samuel laughed, "do you wanna play some GTA? I know loads of girls love that game"

Erm why's he basically telling me how many girls he's had.

"Uh not speaking from experience though" he added.

Oh?

"Sure" I said before I followed him to his room.

It was neater than I expected, but I didn't like how you could see my house and bedroom window from his window. He had quite a few expensive things in his room compared to the whole house.

He gave me a controller and we started playing.

"So where you from?" He asked.

"I'm Nigerian, and I'm guessing you're Ghanaian?"

"You're right still. What's your name?"

"Tanisha"

"A Nigerian named Tanisha? I only hear about the Damilolas and Solas and them ones" he laughed.

"That's cause they're Yoruba names. Im half Yoruba, but my mum's Hausa and I got my name because I was born on a Monday. Although people sometimes name their children Tani" I explained.

"Can I call you that? Tani."

"Erm babe, no one calls me that"

"Even better"

"Fine you can call me that... Sam"

"Nah that makes me sound like one middle aged white man, call me S rackz"

"You think I'm calling you that LOL" I burst out laughing.

"So have you ever been to Nigeria?" He asked, making my smile go away.

"Uhh, yeah, in year 8. I never want to go back there though.."

"How come?" He asked before I explained the story of what happened when I went there for the first time.
I ended up crying a little, and he hugged me to calm me down. As we pulled away, my phone started buzzing on his bed.

"You might wanna get that" Samuel said as he read 'Tyrell💕' on my phone screen.

I quickly answered only to here him shouting on the phone.

"Why the f*ck are you airing my texts? Man's at your house and no ones here, where are you?"

I sighed and looked outside the window, seeing him on his scooter by my house.

"Tanisha! Let's go." My mum called from downstairs.

"Me and my mum are at the neighbours' house, but we're about to leave. Calm down man." I whispered into the phone.

"What do you mean calm down? You-" is all I heard until my phone died.

"Thanks for letting me play" I said to Samuel before saying goodbye to the rest of his family.

"Mtchewww" my mum kissed her teeth as soon as she saw Tyrell outside our house. I really liked him, but she definitely didn't approve of Tyrell. My mum was the type to let me make my own mistakes.

"Ms Abemi" he nodded at her.

"See this boy. You'll choose him over fine, respectful Samuel? It is well..." my mum said before going inside the house.

"Who the f*ck is Samuel and why'd you end the call on me?" Tyrell whispered.

"My phone died. And he's my new neighbour; we just met. My mum seems to love him."

"And you were at his house dressed like one sketel?"

"Excuse m-"

"Is this him?" He cut in, eyeing Samuel holding my denim jacket. Bad timing.
"So both of you were just half naked huh?"

"It's summer and like 30 degrees- not everyone wants to wear a trackie with sweat patches" Samuel shouted back.

"Don't chat to me like I'm any next man. You're in Lewisham; these are my ends" Tyrell started going towards Samuel.

"Tyrell, just shut up." I said before getting my jacket from Samuel, "thank you" then going back to Tyrell, "I don't like him like that, you're my man so stop acting up"

"Yeah? Well you need to make sure he knows that too" Tyrell said, grabbing my waist whilst he knew Samuel was looking.

"Why are you here anyway?"

"Can I not see my girl? Say no more. Later" he said riding off on his scooter. He was so weird but I kinda liked that about him.

"Lemme guess: he treats you like sh*t, everyone tells you he's bad for you and he's probably cheating with five other girls but you stay with him only because he doesn't hit you and you think he's gonna change?" Samuel asked.

"Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"You in my business - don't do that. You don't know him, or even me, so stay in your lane."

The truth is I did think Tyrell was cheating, but he always made it so I couldn't prove anything.

"I will get to know you though. You're unforgettable" Samuel said going back inside his house.

Who does he think he is? Lol.

——— vote, share, comment 🤍

Tanisha Abemi, 17, Nigerian

Samuel Boateng, 17, Ghanaian

Tyrell Williams, 17, Jamaican

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 6.8K 40
~They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you~ "Whose gonna suspect the little nerd in the back, no one can even think of y...
52.3K 1.1K 37
I would bet none of you have ever had that dream summer that all of us want.... that summer where you meet a boy on the beach and go surfing even tho...
7.1K 437 25
[Discontinued] Gunshots went off we all looked at each other people started running in different directions. I turned around and he laid lifeless in...
846 36 27
My cousin broke her heart. I'm going to be the one to fix it. I'll do everything I can to. *mature themes, language, trigger warnings* Started: May...