Wings |H.S.| |A.U.|

By _HStoyles43_

"Listen to me." I grab his face in my hands the way he always does to me. It always comforts me, so I try it... More

Background/ Trailer
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27

9

17 1 1
By _HStoyles43_

You Should See Me in a Crown ~ Billie Eilish (*)

This is part one of the two ball chapters. I planned on making them one whole chapter, but it was going to end up being way too long.

So brace yourselves, but don't buckle up or it won't be as wild and fun of a ride.

!!SPLIT PERSPECTIVE!!

••••••
Harry~~

"Don't fucking ask me again. I said I don't know." I sigh and run my hands through my hair.

Tate and Garrett have spent the entire morning thinking it was funny to interrogate me about what happened last night with Rayne.

They knew where I was going, because I never lie to them and vice versa. But because they know where I took her, they now won't stop picking on me and questioning me. I've heard them ask me why I did it over and over again, and I keep telling them that I don't fucking know. And it's true.

I really don't know what came over me or what I was thinking when asking her to let me take her somewhere last night. The words came out before I could stop them though, and when she ended up saying yes I knew I was done for. I knew there was no backing out.

I hadn't expected her to say yes, but she did. And it made me feel fucking warm.

I don't want to feel warm. I don't want to be all smiley and cheesy and I certainly don't want to be an open book. Which is what I was being by confessing my thoughts about living to her last night.

And then I go and take a picture of her when she's not looking.

Like what the fuck?

I don't fucking do that shit. I never have, and didn't plan on starting anytime soon. But last night, watching her as she looked out over the city smoking a cigarette and looking like a contradicting sinful angel, I just had to take a picture. I didn't want to forget how she looked.

And that's why I'm so fucking confused. I don't know why I did all of that last night. I'll probably never know, but it doesn't matter. We won't be seeing each other anymore.

I have a feeling that she's thinking the same thing as I am. Especially after how strange I acted after we walked the ledge.

Fucking Christ I almost kissed her.

I had her face in my hands and I was looking so deep into her beautiful fucking eyes, and I got lost. Even if it was just for a moment. I'm actually surprised I found my way out and came to my senses before I did something we'd both regret.

I could tell by the look on her face that she was just as conflicted as I was though. Which helps me feel a little better. But one thing I know for sure is that she won't want to see me again. I know because we're more alike than we think, and staying away is exactly what I'm going to do. It's dangerous to be around her, and I know she knows it too.

Back to the present though, Tate and Garrett keep pushing me for answers, and I'm not having it anymore.

"Ok ok, we'll stop. For now. But you gotta admit how unlike you that is." Garrett sits across the table from me with his arms crossed, Tate to his right.

"Yea I know. But it doesn't matter, we won't be seeing each other again. Which is good for all parties because I was tired of you putting your hands on her." I glare at them both.

They glance at each other, and I notice they actually look like they feel kinda bad for what they did.

Tate scratches the back of his head before speaking up. "Yea....I don't really know what the fuck came over us. Or at least I can speak for myself. I know we don't hit women, but something about her triggered me."

I can't help but smile slightly at how much I can relate to that. Rayne Hunter stimulates all of my emotions too, makes them go haywire. But I still would never hit a woman.

"I can agree with that, but I don't get why you had to hurt her the way you did. But, I gotta take the blame for the kidnapping deal. It was my fault, I didn't look that much into it. Should've known who it was before we took them. Karma caught up with me real quick." I look at them both before continuing. "But I'm not apologizing for letting her kick your asses. That was funny."

They both laugh with me at that, and I'm pretty sure they're already over that. Water under the bridge they told me. Along with them saying they won't touch her ever again.

"Yea, my dick still hurts to this day though. She's got some grit man, true grit." Tate winces at the memory of what I assume is Rayne squeezing the life out of his balls.

Garrett cackles at this, and I can't help but join with my own soft laughter. "I'm so mad that she knocked me out first and I missed it! I can still picture it though." He bangs his fist on the table as he bellows, and Tate rolls his eyes.

"Mhm, laugh away. She's gotten you down in less than five seconds every time we've seen her you motherfucker."

Garrett shrugs, almost like he knows there's nothing he could've done about it.

I think we all know that.

"Anyway, let's talk about tonight." I cut off their banter so we can focus on our plan. "We're driving to Wilmette, right outside of Chicago. Two targets, Bill Jones and Henry Maxfield. They were working with Graves, and I want them both brought in this evening. It'll be a late night."

They both nod and listen intently as I speak.

"It's a charity ball. Bunch of rich fuckers dressing up and pretending to care about anything other than money, image, and getting drunk. You know the drill. I rented us some suits to wear. It's a masquerade too, and I got masks. We aren't going undercover or anything, but I also don't want to draw any attention at first. I don't care if anyone knows who we are though, we don't hide. I just want to lure the targets away as quickly and sufficiently as possible. We'll sedate them and then bring them back here. Sound like a plan?" Even though I call the shots, I still always ask these two for their approval and input. That's always been an important show of respect for all of us.

"Sounds good to me. My only concern is how good I'll look in my suit." Garrett winks at no one in particular, which causes Tate and I to roll our eyes.

"They should be your size, but there's no changing at the last minute so you'll have to deal with what you've got. Party starts at seven. We leave at 6pm sharp. It's a decently long drive." And with that I stand up and leave the meeting room.

I decide to head to the makeshift gym we have here in the club because I want to blow off some steam by punching shit to clear my head before I get ready for tonight.

•••••

"Here's the masks. Everyone remember the plan?" I hand Tate and Garrett their masks as the car pulls up to a stop outside of the building.

They both nod and take the masks from me, and we place them around our heads and on our faces.

"Do I look mysterious?" Garrett asks.

"Dipshit." I mumble at the same time Tate says "fuck face".

This just makes Garrett shrug and laugh nonchalantly.

"Ok, we visit for a few, then I'll give the signal when the opportunity arises. Hopefully they don't recognize us right away." The door opens as soon as I finish my sentence, and we all step out.

We all three walk side by side up the unnecessary flights of stairs, going over the whole plan one more time so we're all on board.

When we make it through the front doors and inside, it's just what I expected. Rich snobs filter the huge ballroom, laughing and drinking away like they aren't all just a bunch of pussies.

I'd bet a million dollars that ninety-percent of the people in this room have done some fucked up shit to get where they are now. Myself included.

I adjust my tie before speaking to Tate and Garrett under my breath. "I've got the bar, you two split up on either side of where I'll be. Be nonchalant and blend in, but try to scope Jones and Maxfield out at the same time. Send a text if you find something. Clear?"

They both hum out a yes and then split off into two different directions. Garrett going to my right and Tate to my left. I head straight in front of me for the bar that runs along the entire back wall.

I make sure to blend in as much as possible, so I smile and nod at anyone who greets me. The stares from multiple women don't go unnoticed either, and I send them all a wink.

I actually hate to say it, but rich bitches aren't usually my type. But hey, if I need to fuck one of them for some information I will. Based on the way they're devouring me with their eyes, I know they'd give it to me easily too.

Honestly though, these past couple of weeks have been hard on me. I haven't fucked anyone since Rayne came back to Aerial that day to talk. I don't know why I haven't, but the only problem is just that. So I actually might find someone tonight, it'll help me get her off my mind.

I make it to the bar, and immediately order myself a drink. I'm definitely gonna need one, or five. When the bartender makes it and hands it to me, I turn around from my spot and look around the room for Tate and Garrett. I spot Garrett almost immediately off to the side surrounded my multiple women.

Of fucking course.

I sigh to myself and take a sip of my drink. He'll still get the job done despite being focused on women right now. I'll give him that.

Tate is talking to a group of men, all in about their fifties or more. He's definitely more focused on business rather than women unlike Garrett, but he still has plenty of fun when the job is done.

I'll hand it to both of my guys, they've really got it. Women constantly throw themselves at them both, and sometimes they even share. Based on what they've told me.

As I continue scoping the room out, I'm interrupted by the feeling of fingers grazing my right arm. I bring my drink down from my lips and look at the source. Of course, it's a desperate woman probably looking for a night she'll never forget. A night away from her husband who doesn't give it to her like he used to. She's got a ring on, so I'm pretty sure I'm right.

"Hello there." The tall blonde, who looks about thirty something, speaks up as she continues to run her fingers up and down my bicep and forearm.

She's not bad. Good enough for later if I decide to. Well.... actually now wouldn't be so bad. It could ease some of this tension.

I decide to play with her for a moment before I start looking for the targets. I guess I can relate to Garrett sometimes when it comes to this stuff. I'm typically more focused, but I did say to blend in. And that's what I'm doing.

I grab her hand that's touching me and bring it to my lips, my eyes staring right into her own through my mask.

She blushes, and I notice through her own mask that she has brown eyes, almost hazel. They immediately remind me of Raynes. Except hers hold more darkness.

Beautiful darkness. The best kind. My favorite kind.

I decide right then and there that I'm gonna go fuck this woman right now in a hallway or bathroom or some shit because I'm tired of thinking these fucking things about Rayne.

It's really getting under my skin how much she's in my head and how often I'm doing shit I've never done before with her.

I lean down into the blondes ear and whisper. "Come with me honey."

She gasps, but quickly nods her head at me and lets me take her hand and lead her away. I'm not surprised when we aren't stopped by her husband, if he's even here. Whoever he is, he's probably fucking his own little whore by now anyway.

Before we even make it twenty feet, I feel something weird inside of me. Almost like the temperature in the room changed drastically and my body is trying to adapt to it. I don't know, but whatever it is makes me stop and scan the room.

I silently pray it's my body telling me that the targets are close. But when I see those long legs I haven't had a chance to see bare yet stride in through the front doors, my eyes widen and my jaw drops.

There she is, showing up unexpectedly in her tight fitted black dress that hugs curves I hadn't realized were that fucking delicious in all the right places. Her long bare legs are tanned and showing so well through the two slits in her dress, and her tits....fucking hell. They're on perfect display, showing just enough to everyone through that dress.

Yep, I'm hard as fuck now. All it takes is one glance at her in that dress.

Even with the elegant silver mask on and the perfect fucking dress I never thought I'd see her in, it does nothing to hide the fact that I immediately knew it was her. I could tell by her seductive little walk, her long brown hair, and even from this distance, those fucking eyes.

Rayne Hunter, the woman that continues to shock and surprise me every time I see her, here at this ball. It takes me a moment to stop fucking her with my eyes to realize that she's most likely here for the same reason I am.

Shit.

•••••••
Two Hours Earlier
Rayne ~~

There was only one thing I was worried about when I went to a dress shop to steal something for tonight.

It had to cover my back.

I spent a little over an hour digging and digging through multiple stores that sold fancy dresses like the one I needed. I struggled because all of them were flawless, and even though I'm not typically a dress girl I was still dying to wear most of them.

But they showed too much back. And it's not like I could wear my fucking leather jacket over a fancy ass dress, so I had to find one that fit all of the criteria.

One good thing, is all of my tattoos on my arms and chest will be distracting enough. So there's that.

I was starting to get frustrated though, but when I finally found the black dress with two slits that showed just the right amount of cleavage, but still covered my back, I knew it was perfect. The dress is stunning and worth all the time I spent searching for it.

It was long and black, with the two leg slits. It made my boobs look fucking fantastic too. It was spaghetti strap, but all the while still covered most of my back. The top part of my shoulders, just below my neck, was the only thing that worried me though. It was still showing skin, and you could see part of what I'm so desperate to hide. But I would have my hair down and behind my back all night, so I'm willing to take the risk.

As I'm currently standing in my room, strapping my silver stilettos to my ankles, I hear a knock on my door.

"You can come in." I shout at who I know is Arden on the other side.

The door opens and reveals him standing there with a somewhat worried look on his face. It makes me roll my eyes and sigh, standing up from my bed.

"Stop giving me that look Ard, you know I'm going to be fine." I put my hands on my hips and stare at him with an authoritative expression.

He steps into my room fully and does a quick once over of my appearance. "That's what we thought last time, and look what happened." I see him glance at my dress again. "Need me to zip you up or anything?"

I shake my head. "Nope, I've always been capable of zipping my own dresses. Call it a secret talent." I joke to try and soften his worrisome mood, but I fail miserably.

A defeated sigh leaves my lips as I look at him. "Look, I know what happened last time. But that's on me ok? I wasn't being smart, and it ended up working out alright anyway. Don't worry. I'm going to be armed too, see?" I extend my right leg out of the slit to show the garter I had hidden high up on my thigh. The small knife I attached there is just barely covered by the dress before the slit opens up. "It's the same on my left leg too." I assure him.

He slightly relaxes when he sees I'm carrying a weapon, fully knowing how capable I am of protecting myself. I can tell he's still worried though.

"Look, I'll have my phone on me. No mics this time, but I'll text or call any chance I get with important information ok? And I'll check in consecutively to let you know I'm alive. Sound good?"

He sighs but nods his head anyway. "I guess. Just don't do anything too reckless and stupid. Stick to the plan, in and out as quickly as possible ok?"

His concern is sweet and makes me chuckle a bit. It's still kinda weird having someone to care about and to care for me the way Arden does. I surprise myself everyday that I haven't managed to push him out of my life like I did the people of my past.

"I'll do my best." I tease him again, but he's not amused.

He then gestures his head at my dress. "It covers everything?" He asks.

We both get serious at the mention of that. "Uh, yea mostly. Just below my neck is exposed, but my hair will be covering it the whole night." I look down at my feet as I speak, hardly ever capable of making eye contact when I talk about this.

Arden just nods his head when I look back up at him, and then leaves the room after telling me I look beautiful.

He told me he had called for a limo to come pick me up and drive me to and from the party. I'm staying in a hotel overnight though if I don't manage to get both targets tonight. That way we can initiate Plan B which will go down tomorrow if need be.

When I finish getting completely ready, I head downstairs to find Arden leaning against the back of the couch with a small box in his hand.

"What's that?" I say while climbing down the staircase.

"Your mask. The box I had you pick up for me when you went dress shopping, this is what it was." He hands the box to me when I reach him and I take it happily.

"You're sweet. I couldn't find any when I went looking that matched the dress. How'd you know?" I ask him while opening it.

"Because I know you, I had ordered it as soon as we confirmed you were going." He runs his fingers through his hair, a habit I've always noticed from him.

When I open the box and look inside, I see the mask he got me. And it's absolutely stunning. It's a shiny gorgeous silver, and it matches perfectly.

"Ok, but we didn't even know what dress I was going to get yet. So how did you get one that matches so well?" I question in amazement.

"Like I said, I know you. And I knew you'd be getting a black dress no matter what, and I just made a lucky guess on the shoes. If you decided to wear fucking purple vans or some shit then it would've been fucked." He laughs and I join him.

"Yea, definitely fucked. But you know I wouldn't wear purple." I raise my eyebrow at him and he shrugs.

"Anyway, selfie time." He says while pulling his phone out.

"Ugh, you and these selfies. I swear you ask to take one everyday. What do you even do with them?" I put the box down on the couch while still holding the mask.

"Because they're memories I'm making of me and my sister from another mister. Gladly from another one too. Now come here." He wraps an arm around my shoulders and pulls me to his side. All the while me frowning at the joke he made about his horrible excuse of a father figure.

Someday I'd like to find out what happened to his real dad, because he's never told me. Hopefully he will one day though.

I swallow down the horrible feeling I get when I think about what his stepdad did to him, his brother who's lost, and their mother. He loves taking pictures with me because it's allowing him to make the memories he wished he could've with his family. And right now I'm all he's got, and vice versa.

So I wrap my arm around his waist and lean in with a smile you hardly see from me, and I let him snap a selfie of us.

He then starts messing around and decides to take a bunch of different selfies of just me, so I pose dramatically for each like I'm some kind of model doing a photoshoot.

When we both finish goofing off, Arden gets a notification on his phone saying the limo is parked at a different building about a block away from us and is waiting for me. He was careful with this and thought it through, having them park outside of a different address since for one, they can't even park outside of this building because it's in the middle of several other buildings. And two, we can't risk anyone knowing where we live.

We say our goodbyes after running through the plan one last time and him telling me to use my knives any chance I need to.

When I leave the building and walk the shortcut to get to the address the limo is parked out of, I go through the back door of what looks like an apartment building and then walk out the front. This way whoever is driving actually believes I live here.

I spend the entire drive to Wilmette running through each step of the plan, and each step of the two other back up plans we came up with. Plan A being the one where I seduce each one of them separately if possible tonight, and then tranquilizing them with the small hidden syringes I also have stashed into my garter.

I'll steal a random car and have either one or both targets with me. If it's the latter, I'll make sure they're heavily sedated and drive them back to Arden and I's building for interrogation. If I only manage to get one, then I'll hold them safely and securely in my hotel room while I scope the other guy out tomorrow.

If for since crazy ass reason I don't get either, Plan C requires me to just break into their own hotel rooms they're staying in and go from there. But that's going to be the hardest to achieve, so let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

An hour later and the driver stops in front of a huge cream colored building that looks like it originated in Paris or some shit. It's very elegant and beautiful, perfect for a masquerade ball.

The driver goes to get out, so I'm guessing he's gonna open my door for me. "It's ok, I'm perfectly capable." I stop him from getting out and he nods at me.

After I tie my mask around my head and check to see how it looks, I open my door and step out. I notice how many stairs I have to climb to reach the top, and groan under my breath.

These look like those long ass stairs in Cinderella. Totally unnecessary.

I suck it up and start the long ass trek up the staircase anyway. Only because I know this is something that needs to be done.

I've only climbed about half of the stairs before my phone buzzes. I open my mini clutch and pull it out to see a message from Arden.

Arden - Remember, your name on the guest list is Ember Atwood.

You - Got it. Thanks.

I type my reply quickly and send it before putting my phone back in my purse. Another minute or two and I've finally reached the top. I'm breathing a little heavier, and it pisses me off how just a bunch of stairs has affected me.

There's a line to get in, but not too long, so I get at the end and try to blend in as much as possible. I'm fairly certain nobody here knows who I am, which is a huge advantage. But we still gave me an alias for tonight just in case.

(1*)

As the line decreases and it's my turn, I get in with no hassle. One man who looked like he was fucking eighty years old looked at me like he wanted to devour me, but I was forced to refrain from cutting his dick off so I didn't draw attention to myself.

The first thing I notice when I walk through the huge entrance is the bar that stretches along the back wall, right in my line of sight. I mentally squeal knowing I'll be able to have a couple drinks before doing what I came here for.

The second thing I notice is how the inside and outside of this building looks like it was built by angels, but so many people are dressed in darker colors that it looks almost like Hell.

Looks like I blended in quite well then.

Seriously though, I had no idea if there was a certain theme outside of the whole wearing a mask ordeal, but I still only see a handful of people in white or other lighter colors. I mostly see people in black, red, maroon, navy blue, and multiple shades of grey.

After I realize I've been gawking like a weirdo, I actually step completely inside instead of standing in the entrance hall. I stand tall and walk straight ahead towards the bar.

I know I'm being too cocky for thinking this, but I swear I feel so many eyes on me as I walk. I don't look around to confirm it, but I can just feel it. It immediately makes me think of my back, but I know it's covered by my dress and hair still.

The walk to the bar feels like it's taking longer than it should, and my annoyed mood only heightens when some random lady bumps into me from my left.

I glare over at whoever it was, only to see that she is too drunk to realize what happened and keeps moving towards wherever she's headed.

I stop for a moment and take a deep breath, already pissed because of how crowded it is and how annoying rich people are.

When I glance back over at the bar in front of me, I notice how the middle part is too crowded. So I decide to break to my right and go through a little more of the crowd so I can sit at the more spacious right area of the bar.

I walk in that direction, but I freeze in place when I see someone by an opening to what I assume is a hallway on the long wall that was on my right before but is now directly in front of me.

It doesn't take me long to see who it is, and to notice that he's staring at me too.

Harry.

We're both frozen in place, and it's then that I see he's holding some blonde lady's hand. He drops her hand immediately after we both realize we've made eye contact and know who the other is.

My stomach turns and my heart clenches the way it always does when I see him, and I feel my cheeks redden with surprise and anger that he's here.

I can't believe I didn't even let the thought that he'd possibly be here cross my mind at all. I should've known, and he should've too. We know we're both after the same people now, so us not even entertaining the thought is stupid of us both. And I can tell he didn't think of it either by the shocked expression on his masked face.

I'm still frozen in place, just drinking his image in from where I'm standing. I gotta admit, I've never seen someone look so fucking panty-dropping in my entire life. He looks so tall and lean with his black suit and grey undershirt complimented with a black tie. It's also oddly haunting how he's dressed in such dark clothing, but the green of his eyes makes them look like they're glowing. And the way I know those eyes are on me makes me feel a foreign throb in a place I won't mention due to pride and stubbornness.

Fuck him for being so fucking delicious.

It seems like at the exact same moment we start walking toward each other. Both of us walking at a normal pace so we don't draw attention go ourselves even though I know we're both dying to get to each other quicker.

When we finally reach each other, my eyes still haven't broke contact with his emerald orbs. He's still looking right into mine too, and for a moment we just stare at each other.

He then shamelessly drags them down my figure slowly, before repeating the rhythm back up to my eyes.

I see him dart his tongue out to wet his plump pink lips before biting his bottom one, and the gesture makes me bite my own too.

I snap out of it when I realize we probably look like a couple of horny fucking teenagers gawking at each other.

I keep my voice low as I snap at him. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I ask him.

He just plasters on that annoyingly sexy smirk, which turns me on, but I ignore it. He doesn't answer me, so I grab his bicep and pull him away as nonchalantly as possible into the hallway behind us.

I lead him further and further away from the main floor, and I feel nostalgia hit me as I think about how the tables have turned. Our position now is fairly similar to how he dragged me through the hallway of Aerial that night we met.

I don't take us too far, I just find a random door and open it, happy that it's unlocked and empty when I glance inside.

Harry still hasn't said a word the entire time I've been dragging him and even after I slam the door shut and turn around to look at him.

I throw my hands up and slap them down onto my legs in frustration. "So?"

He crosses his arms and keeps the same smirk on his face. "You know, you dragging me like that turned me on way more than it should've. And I'm certain that it's this dress you've so graciously decided to fuck my eyes with." He glances over my figure the way he did just before we came back here.

He then takes a step towards me, and I stand my ground despite the affect his words had on me.

"Answer me Harry, and stop flirting before I cut you." I glare at him and he just laughs before taking his mask off and throwing it down on the couch to my right. I follow suit, only because I hate that I had to wear it in the first place.

We both look at each other for a moment longer after taking our masks off, and I use the time to look at his facial features.

His eyes are glowing like usual, the same smirk plastered on his face, and those eyebrows that are too perfect for any guy aren't furrowed like usual. He genuinely looks amused by this situation.

But good lord he's so beautiful it hurts.

I swallow the lump trying to form in my throat before placing both hands on his chest and pushing him away from me so I can move away from the door.

"I don't need to answer you. It's obvious that this is no coincidence. We know we're after the same people, we just decided to ignore the fact that us both being here tonight was highly possible." He speaks as my back is turned to him.

I sigh and let my shoulders relax before turning back to face him. "Jones and Maxfield?"

He nods his head confirming his targets are the same as mine.

I close my eyes and suck in a breath through my nose. When I open them Harry is a step closer but has a more serious look on his face.

"So now what?" He asks.

I scoff. "Now nothing. I have a plan that I intend to follow through with. And a back up, and another back up. I came prepared for any possible outcome besides this shit." I gesture at him, and he raises his eyebrows. "But you being here doesn't change a thing. They're my targets, I'm taking them."

I go to walk past him so I can leave, but I feel his hand grasp my upper arm to hold me in place.

"Hate to remind you, but they're my targets too. And I'm not going to let you just take them when I came here for the same reason as well." He speaks in a much more serious tone now that I've struck a nerve.

"There will be no letting me. I'm taking the opportunity because I can. Now let go of me." I keep the glare on my face as he lets my arm go without any fight.

He then sighs and runs a hand through his curls. "Look, we've sort of worked together before right? With Graves? Why don't we do the same tonight. We can combine plans or whatever to get this done the best way possible. I really don't see the need in fighting over who should get who when we're here for the same thing and should just help each other." He surprises me by saying.

I honestly expected more of a fight for dominance from him. But once again, he shocks me.

I can't help but consider what he's saying though. He does have a point. I know neither of us will just let the other have the targets, so working together is probably the best option.

I sigh and look back at him again, seeing his eyes already on me. I bite my lip in thought before I shake my head at him. "Ok, yea. You're right. I really prefer working alone, but I know you won't back down. Neither will I."

He smiles genuinely instead of smirking, and nods his head. "Tate and Garrett are here too. But don't worry, they actually feel bad for hurting you before and promised to not touch you ever again and to respect you. Lord knows you've earned it."

My eyebrows raise but I can't stop the smile that grows on my face. It's a sinister one, but still slightly humorous.

"I'm gonna have them come back here so we can talk business." He pulls out his phone and starts typing away.

While he does that I pull my own phone out and let Arden know I'm still alive and about the change of plans due to Harry being here. He replies with the fact that he's not worried about anything going wrong because Harry and I are a "power couple" and he knows we'll "fuck shit up" together, his words.

Hardly five minutes later and there's a knock on the door. Harry goes over and opens it to reveal my absolute besties.

Tate and Garrett step inside, and I make sure the smirk I know they hate is on my face. Tate returns it and Garrett does a little finger wave at me to which I sarcastically return.

"Hey buddies. How you doing?" I tease.

Harry puts his hand over his mouth trying to conceal the grin I already noticed on his face.

Garrett then takes a step towards me with his arms outstretched like he's going to hug me. "Awww come here. We're calling a truce. You knocked me out twice and I returned the favor by almost choking you to death."

When he gets close enough to me I reach down quickly and grab the knife hidden in my garter and then swiftly bring it up to his throat. He pauses with his arms midair and the smile on his face drops.

This makes me chuckle. "We're even, but I still hate you. Don't forget it." I press a little harder with the knife and then slowly drag it across his throat, drawing the tiniest bit of blood.

I pull the knife away, and Garrett just wipes the blood from his neck and smiles at me with a wink. "I like you a lot."

I find it weird that he's being kind of nice. The first times I've seen him he was so angry and tough acting. Probably because I knocked him on the ground the first second I saw him though.

I shrug my shoulders and give him a small smile in return, and then I hear Tate speak up.

"I'd like to call us even too. My balls still hurt to this day, but I'd say busting your face with a pistol is good enough revenge. Don't ya think?" He smirks at me and sticks his hand out for me to shake.

I walk over to him and grab his hand in mine and shake it hard. He simply nods at me, and then Harry clears his throat from my right.

"Alright, now that we're all made up, let's go over a new plan." We all watch as he walks over to the huge desk at the back of the room that I've come to conclusion is probably an office.

He clears all the stuff off of the desk and then grabs a pen from a pencil holder and a piece of printer paper.

He clicks the pen open and lays the paper flat on the desk, and I watch him with hungry eyes before I mentally slap myself.

How did him basically just existing turn me on like that? Fuck him.

"Alright, Hunter, our original plan was to draw both targets away from the crowd and into this hallway or the one that was on the left wall. We were going to sedate them and then go out the back exit we scoped out before we got here. It's in this hallway, and is guarded. But that won't be a problem for us. What was your plan?" Harry glances up at where I'm sitting with one leg on the desk and the other still touching the ground right next to him.

I clear my throat and wait until he finishes drawing out what looks like a blueprint of the bottom floor of this building. When he finishes I point to the hallway we're in right now.

"I was going to lure both back here one at a time by seducing them. If not both at the same time, because I know they're sick fucking bastards, then just one. I have syringes on me that I was going to sedate them with too, and then I was going to use the exit you're talking about to drag them out to whatever car I try to steal. Not too hard, the hardest part is dragging them out and getting past those guards." I point at the exit Harry drew and at the two stick figures I'm assuming are the guards.

Tate speaks from the opposite side Harry and I are on at the desk. "Yea I can tell that's the best you could've done alone. But it would have been difficult for you. No offense." He raises his hands and I laugh.

"None taken. I get it. But it's the best I could come up with." I say with a shrug.

Harry nods at me before looking back down at his drawing. "Ok, so the grey area in your plan was escaping with both targets and having to steal a car. We already have one waiting for us out back, and we can easily help you with the bodies and the guards. But the grey area in our plan was luring them away from everybody without looking suspicious. That's what you're good for. I hate to offer you up like this, but it was your original plan anyway. You seducing them would be less suspicious because they're both notorious narcissists and perverts. No one will think anything of them bringing you back here." He explains.

"Makes sense. And don't worry about offending me, it's impossible." This makes Harry smirk at me and I return it. "Good thing I'm great at this though. It's wouldn't be my first rodeo when it comes to seducing men. Especially the sick ones, they're too easy." I shake my head and look back at Harry's drawing.

"Ok so, we haven't seen either of them yet. But they're surely out there by now. How do you plan on getting them to notice you?" Garrett asks me.

"Well, this is a ball. So I assumed there would be a time where people start dancing or some shit. Figured I'd act all horny around them to get their attention and have them ask me to dance. Or just ask to speak. Hell, if they just came up to me and asked to go somewhere then that works too. Doesn't matter, just anything to get them to want me. I'll do what it takes. Trust me." I tell them.

"I'm having a hard time trying to not trust that you'll succeed." Tate teases and I flip him off.

"It was a compliment, relax." He says, and I flip him off again.

Harry then clicks the pen again and puts it in his jacket pocket before folding up the sheet of paper and doing the same. "Alright, we go out there and continue to blend in. Socialize, Garrett you flirt with women, whatever you can do to look normal." He says before adjusting his suit and tie.

"I'll be at the bar until the dancing starts." I say while hopping down off the desk.

"Same. But I'll stay far away from you." Harry says.

"I'll go back and talk to those men from before. They actually know the targets. They brought them up in a conversation right before you texted me." Tate looks at Harry who nods at him.

"Ok. All set?" Harry looks at all three of us and we nod at him.

This is so strange.

Working with these lunatics who've kidnapped and fought me. I guess it's kinda exhilarating though. I've never worked with anyone outside of Arden. But that's because I haven't trusted anyone else. That doesn't necessarily mean I trust these guys, but they're after the same goal I am and they're just as crazy as me. So it's not too bad.

We all pile out of the office room, masks back on, and head back out to the main floor.

As Arden says, "Time to fuck shit up."

••••••

Ball chapter part one = finished !

What did you think?

I'm going to start working on part two immediately and I'm super excited. Some stuff is going down in the next part. ;)

Thanks for reading!!

<3.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 2.5K 42
"What the fuck is your problem?" I asked my sworn enemy. "Have you lost your damn mind!" I scream at the top of my lungs. This bitch better answer m...
1.3M 32.5K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...
332K 7.5K 47
[COMPLETED] It is well known that the world isn't a nice place. There are too many people and not enough humanity. Emma learns this very quickly when...