Two Truths and a Lie

By Medicore_Thespian

After 1780, Angelica's life changed for better and for worse. She has secrets, things she would rather not ha... More

Notesss
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chpater 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 {😬}
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 {🎢}
A/N
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 {🙃}
Chapter 18
A/N Not Really
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Important A/N
Chapter 26
A/N
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 22

138 6 42
By Medicore_Thespian

(Angelica's POV)

It was only the following day, but in the span of the few hours I was with Phillip, I told him I would be leaving to stay with a friend. He asked me if he visit them before and he did, but only once as a child.

"How are you going to break the news to him?"

I didn't think that far—

"I'll figure it out Phillip. Trust me."

Phillip looks at me a bit afflicted. I could see that he wants to help out, but I'm not risking anything else from happening. I tell him once more to make sure he understands. He nods in agreement.

"Now please. Go to you room."

Without a second of doubt, Phillip sprints upstairs, while I walk towards my husband's office. Once I approached the door, I had another pain hit my stomach like the one from before, however, this pain prolongs a bit longer than the last.

Pregnancy is great huh?

*knock knock*

I didn't hear anything from inside, yet I still walk in.

He's just sitting blankly at a paper on his desk. He seems conflicted; I don't know why though. I clear my throat and say:

"John I need to tell you something."

Me speaking spooked him out his desolated trance.

"What? Sorry. Distracted."

Here goes nothing I guess...

"I'm going to stay with a friend of mine for a bit. Just wanted to announce my leave before you realized I wasn't here."

He didn't look up from his desk, and simply asked:
"What for?"

"Well given last night, I don't think want to be here for most of the pregnancy. I can't risk anoth— I can't risk getting a miscarriage. You may not want another child, but I do."

He finally looks at me, but doesn't say anything. Hopefully, he can tell that I'm serious about this and will respect me.

A moment of silence passes as he still stares at me, scanning for some type of emotion.

"Angelica, if you believe it's wise."

After that he gave a small smile and I can't really tell if it's genuine or not. It seemed sad, yet that doesn't help since he did emotional manipulate me for years.

And sometimes I'm stupid enough to allow him to do it again.

We stop speaking and for some reason I'm startled. Is he really just going to let me go like that? I did tell him it for most of the pregnancy...

I start to leave as he starts to speak again: "Just be back here before you give birth. I would rather not miss our child's first day."

I give a nod, leave the room, close door, and let out THE. BIGGEST. SIGH. OF. RELIEF.

That went well?? It's kind of eerie how quiet it went. But I probably should leave before he changes his mind.

I tell Phillip that I was heading out once more and he proceeded to wish me on my way.

With two suitcases in each hand, a coat on, and a hope for the better; I walk out of the house I just came back to and hail a carriage.

One came and I told him the address. Sooner or later, the driver started to make small talk.

"I suspect everything is going well?"

After he said that, he chuckled a bit and proceeded to make the horses move to start our departure.

Going well? What did he mean by— DOES HE THINK THE BRUISES ON MY NECK ARE LOVE MARKS?!?!

that's embarrassing...

"I guess so." I reply, laughing nervously after that. He laughed with me once more and soon a(n) (uncomfortable to me) silence occurred.

He actually thinks that these are—
That's concerning, but never mind that; I'm getting out of a place I despise, for terms I never expected.

Let's just hope everything goes well...

(The faith that you believe in that is hilarious)

(About 45 minutes later)

The rest of the ride was fine, however, I did pull up my collar a bit more to hide them.

After seeing how uncomfortable I was, the man apologized and started to ask me other questions that were more appropriate.

He dropped me off in front of a large house and waved goodbye.

I quickly took my bags and begin to walk up the steps of my closest friend here.

Maybe this is a mistake. I should turn back and not bother her.
No, you came all the way here and she knows about it. She will gladly help me.

Finally building up the courage, I knock on the door and quickly it swings open.

"Hello? Why are you here?"

It's a maid who opens the door. I forgot she had them.

It completely slipped my mind.

THIS IS A MISTAKE I SHOULD JUST RUN THE OTHER WAY—

"I need to talk to Martha." I reply calmly.

The door closed on me and opened up once more with Martha opening it.

"Ms. Schuyler! I've missed you!"

"Hardy har har. You know I hate it when you call me that; you make me feel old."

"I know Angelica. It just makes me feel young 😌

So what are you doing here?"

I panic a bit and then eventually show her the bruises.

"Don't tell me he—"

I give her a look and she explodes.

"That b****rd! I'd murder him if I could. Why would he do that..."

Her voice trailed off as her gaze lowered.

"Angelica...are you pregnant?"

I knew I forgot something to address first.

"Yes."

"..."

"HE DID THAT TO YOU WHILE PREGNANT!?! HOW DID HE NOT NOTICE?! GOD, I SWEAR MEN ARE SO INSUFFERABLE LIKE WHY—"

"This happened because I told him I was pregnant."

That didn't help because she proceeded to curse at my husband out loud, not caring who heard at this point.

"How about we not tell the whole world my situation?!" I lecture. "And speaking about insufferable men where's your husband?"

"He's not that bad! Plus, he went ahead early to America; we were planning to move together, but it was apparently urgent so he left until I was ready over here to move."

"Right!" I forgot that too. What is going on with my memory??

"Martha, if it's not a problem... could I stay with you? It'sonlyuntilIcometotermandyouwontevenknowimhere."

"Sure!"

That was easier than I presumed.

"Only if I can talk sh** about him the entire time."

I laugh at her 'demands' and it felt good to truly laugh.

"You have my blessing...

Mrs. Jefferson."

"WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD CALL ME THAT Justbecauseimlike3yearsolderdoesnotgiveyoutherightto—"

It's going to be a crazy 3-4 months with Martha Jefferson.

AHHH I COMPLETED ANOTHER CHAPTER BEFORE THE END OF THE MONTH! Y E S!
This chapter was not fun do you writer's block but I'm proud of myself 😌

{yes I know Martha is prolly older, but I didn't want to make it weird. Yes I know the Jeffersons lived in France before but this is a FANFIC, so they live in London now 😩☝️}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 201 20
**book 2/3 of the Hamliza Pirate AU** It's been 5 years since Eliza have seen the pirates, and a lot have changed since then. She was now the queen...
77.2K 1.5K 32
In present day (Y/N) didn't care about much. All that mattered was what party she was going to that night and if there was alcohol present. Well, tha...
219K 7.8K 66
"A pleasure to meet you. I'm-" "Alexander Hamilton," I finish for him. "I know who you are." *** September 25, 2018, started out as an ordinary day...
467K 7.9K 92
Yes when I say everything I mean everything modern stuff, ship, but obviously they are going to do the classic react to their own musical first well...