The mafia ball.

By pickford9

MATURE CONTENT: some may say a smut overload EDITING/REWRITING One night. A night filled with passion and l... More

Prologue
2| Eye Catcher
3| There's Always That One Bitch
4| No Fucking Way
5| I Hate You
6| Say Hello To Our New Home
7|He Is Hot
8|Thats My Girl
9|Fuck Nova
10|You're Asking For A Dirty Sin.
11|No Free Shows
12|Dont Touch Me
13| A Little Teasing Never Hurt Anyone
14| Goodnight Angel
15|I Hate How You Make Me Feel.
16| Just Hold On
17| Come Back To Me
18|Stay The Hell Away From Him
19|Don't You Fucking Dare
20|Try Not To Get Killed
21|Dont Tease Me Angel
22|I'm In Charge, Angel
23|Everything Comes To A End
24|Admit It, You Want Me
25|I Killed Her
26|Nothing Like Hate Sex
27|I Cant lose You Too
28| I'll Do Anything For You
29| Grayson Blackwell Is No More
30|I'm Sorry, Truly
31|I'm Your's, Grayson.
32|Promise Me
33|You're In For Some Trouble, Angel
34|I'll Fucking Kill Him Myself
35|Always
36|I Want You
37|She's Gone
38|He Has A Shit Ton Of Guns
39|We Kill Him
Not an update!
40|Don't Fucking Lie To Me
41| What have you done?
42|Nova, It's Kelly
43|This Can't Be Happening
Sequal
Good news!
The Truth About Ophelia

1| The Ball

41.6K 920 187
By pickford9

Chapter 1| The Ball

Nova

I slip into my dress, feeling the expensive material run up my smooth skin. The matte black accenting to my tanned colour skin. The long slit that runs down my right leg makes me feel sexy as do the black heels.

The silver diamond necklace sparkles in the light as I move around, and the matching tear-shaped earring hangs perfectly from my ears. With my hair scraped back into a high ponytail, my make-up accenting my dress with the Smokey eyeshadow and red lips standing out between all the black.

"Nova! Are you ready?" I hear my father's voice boom across the big house.

"Be down in a second!" I yell back.

Pulling part of the slit I slide on the gun holster and place the small gun into it. The cold metal makes goosebumps appear on my skin. Ensuring you can't see it in the dress, ironic seeing as everyone's bound to have a weapon with them.

I make one final look, once satisfied I make my way down the marble stairs into the foyer where the rest of my family waits.

"Ah, let's go then." My mother smiles at me as I walk up to her.

"You look stunning." She looks me up and down with a small smile.

"Thank you, as do you." I can't lie even if I wanted to.

Looking at my mother's gorgeous red dress, the corset style accents her beautiful curves, then poofs out at the waist giving me vibes of a princess her raven hair stands out in the swirls of red, the strands curled and flowing down her back.

"Come on the cars ready." My father wraps his arm around my mother's waist as we all begin to leave the house.

The sound of our feet patter down the stone steps and the pebbles crunch as we make our way to the sleek black car parked in the driveway, with the back door open ready for us to enter.

"Thank you, Ben." I smile at our driver of many years.

"Of course miss." He nods back politely.

We all climb into the car and soon we drive off in comfortable silence. But of course, my father being my father, Interrupts the peaceful moment taking time to pick on my brother, Jake and me.

"Now listen, this is your sister's first time attending I need you looking out for her. Don't drink too much and always be aware of your surroundings." He directs to my brother who nods along obediently.

"Of course, father. Nothing has ever happened and I will make sure nothing will this time." He promises my father.

I roll my eyes at their protectiveness over me. I understand this is the first time I am ever attending the ball, now that I've finally turned eighteen, but I'm trained for anything to come.

"I can take care of myself." I remind the two.

"We're just looking out for you." My brother looks at me with worry.

He and I have always been close and I can turn to him for anything, the same goes for him. Family before anything.

"I know, just remember I can throw one if needed." They chuckle at me.

"How can we forget that one time." My father looks at me with pride.

"It was one time!" I huff as they all laugh at the memory.

I'm never going to live it down.

Shaking my head as my family begins to laugh at the memory, I can't help but smile. For the first time, we are all attending this annual event. You have to be eighteen to attend, I always longed to join them as they all left in their fancy clothing.

Not this time. This time I get to dress up and walk out of the house and into the ball all as a family.

We soon pull up to a massive museum-like building. Ben opens the door for us and we all climb out. The night is perfect, the moon shining down on everyone making them all look elegant and mysterious. The air is fresh and crisp, and when I take a breath in, it's refreshing like a cold glass of water.

As we walk close to the main doors I can hear the soft melody of the music playing through the hall and the chatter of many people. The doors come up ahead of us, the huge wooden doors that must weigh a ton, slowly open and soon the lights and music and chatter become much more clear.

We all walk in me, my father, mother and Jake all standing tall and fearless, you have to when you're surrounding yourself with people who kill-people who kill for the fun of it.

Now many thought having love and children in the mafia world would make you a weak-an an easy target. However, raised by the right people and we've just become your worst nightmare.

That's what this family is to people, their worst nightmare. We are strong, powerful, and fearless and we can kill if anyone harms one of us.

As I said before. Family before everything.

"Don't go anywhere with anyone you don't know and try not to cause a bloodbath." My father looks between me and jake.

"This suit is new." He looks down at the black trousers and blazer.

"Of course." Jake sends him a reassuring smile.

"No promises." I smile at him.

"The bill will come out of your money." He sighs.

We descend the marble stairs, my heels clicking on each step I take. I look around at the mass of faces. Some I recognise, some not. Some I have heard stories about whether not be messed with or, just a real dick.

"Ah! Archer, great to see you!" A tall lean man comes towards us with a smile and a gorgeous woman attached to him.

"Richard. Sophia." My father greets the two.

"You've met my wife and son, this is my daughter, Nova." I smile when I'm introduced to the two.

"You look gorgeous, Nova." The woman, Sofia, smiles at me.

"Thank you. As do you." I point to her beautiful navy blue mermaid dress.

"You look just like your mother." The man, Richard says.

I've come to learn in the short time I've known him, that he is quite loud. Much to my dismay.

"Thank you. I've been told before." I laugh politely.

The conversation soon turns to how the evening is and how wonderful everyone looks, to the fine liquor they collect then to business. Which is where I tune out of the conversation completely.

Becoming bored just standing here, I take a glass of champagne off of a passing tray and begin to wander around the hall.

Taking sips of my drink, occasionally stop when someone says hello or recognises me. All I can think about is how hungry I am. The food is poor, to say the least. With petit versions of food laid out on buffet tables, I'm wondering when the big feasts that happen that I have heard so much about.

"You look bored." A low voice interrupts my thoughts of the food I so desperately crave.

Turning my head I see the well-known Grayson Blackwell. He stands tall in his all-black suit. His small black tie is almost invisible when laying on his black button-up. His blazer is hanging perfectly on his broad shoulders, the odd tattoo is seen on his hands or peeping out from his sleeve.

"Hungry actually," I reply.

He chuckles. The sound turned something inside me. Maybe hormones. Probably. His dark locks are messy on his head, yet it looks perfect. His green eyes peer into mine, the dim lights defining his perfect jaw.

"Well, dinner is about to start soon." Now my attention is solely on him.

The man mentioned food. I'm starving.

"Good. I can't last long on bubbly." I say before walking away, placing my empty glass on a tray and taking another one.

I'm so hungry.

******

What do you think about the first chapter?

I hope you liked it, if so please let me know.

Stay beautiful.

Bella. Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...
1.1M 5.2K 8
WARNING: CONTAINS MATURED CONTENT!!! IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THE EXPLICIT AND TRIGGERING SCENES WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK, THEN PLEASE, THIS BOOK...
177K 3.3K 45
[COMPLETE] [MATURE CONTENT] [MAFIA BOOK] Just like the astronomical event she's named after, Nova is one of a kind. Since the age of 6 she's trained...
175K 3.8K 26
A chance encounter 10 years previous has come back into Mia's life but he's not just anyone, he is the Tsar of Russian Mafia. Mia is a good girl. A g...