Marichat: Always and Forever

By llailac

He stopped. He couldn't bear to continue. Those words... they- they scared him. He knew exactly why they s... More

-Part One- Chapter One: Fallen Angels
Chapter Two: The Beginning
Chapter Three: Confusion (Part 1)
Chapter Four: Confusion (Part 2)
Chapter Five: Crushing Crushes
Chapter Six: Tear Stained Cheeks
Chapter Seven: Car Crashes, Jealousies, and Reunions
Chapter Eight: Songs of The Past
Chapter Nine: Puffy Clouds and Confessions
Chapter Ten: Goodbye for Good
Chapter Eleven: A Black Butterfly in The Restroom
Chapter Twelve: Dandelions
Chapter Thirteen: Sleeping Beauty in her Garden of Thorns
Chapter Fourteen: "WE KISSED?!"
Chapter Fifteen: Hypothetical Questions
Chapter Sixteen: A Shift in The Night
Chapter Seventeen: Marinette Agreste
Chapter Eighteen: Movie Night
Chapter Nineteen: His Salvation, Her Destruction
Chapter Twenty: Secrets
Chapter Twenty-One: Chloe's Birthday
Chapter Twenty-Two: Explosive Desires
Chapter Twenty-Three: Before The Storm
Chapter Twenty-Four: A Chat and his Princess
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Reveal in the Dark
Chapter Twenty-Six: Poisoned Love
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Burning Secrets
Thank You!
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Kitten and Ladybug at The Deadly Crossroads
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Roses, Dandelions, and Sweaters
Chapter Thirty: Endgame
Chapter Thirty-One: Nightmares
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Darkest of Nights
Chapter Thirty-Three: This Would be The End
Part 2: Chapter Thirty-Four: Sealed Fates
-Part 2- Chapter Thirty Five: Most Wanted
Chapter Thirty-Six: Here and Back Again
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Living with the Agrestes
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Bad Guys
Chapter Thirty Nine: In The Rain
Chapter Forty: Fading Bonds
Chapter Forty-One: Rainy Nights
Chapter Forty-Two: Reveal
Chapter Forty-Three: The Truth
Chapter Forty-Five: Playing with Fire
Chapter Forty-Six: Visiting Hours
Chapter Forty-Seven: When Luck Runs Out
Chapter Forty-Eight: Back on The Walls Once Again
Chapter Forty-Nine: An Akuma in The Shell of an (Almost) Dead Man
Chapter Fifty: Plummeting Towards The Dark
Chapter Fifty-One: Poison
Chapter Fifty-Two: Déjà Vu
Chapter Fifty-Three: Stolen Vows
Chapter Fifty-Four: Sacrifice

Chapter Forty-Four: The Butterfly Garden

75 7 1
By llailac

⚠️Language Warning⚠️

Nobody's POV

Marinette  was mostly with Alya for the whole day.  This school was huge! And so overwhelming. She found the school comforting yet intimidating.  Marinette loved the change in scenery though.  Being in school with no adults, especially Gabriel, was much more relaxing.

After that night whenever she saw Gabriel she would try her hardest to stare away or would tense up when he talked to her.  

This was a major improvement.  She even met a nice girl in her art class named Lila.  She was so sweet and said that she knew Adrien on a personal level if she had any questions.

They even had an art project together, she would be coming over this weekend to work on the project with Marinette.

Adrien's POV

LUNCH! THANK GOD! Finally some time to spend with Marinette!  I hadn't seen her all day and it was torture.

Plagg was complaining in my bag.

"WHAT A STUPID LESSON!"

I rolled his eyes.  The lesson they had learned was the extinction of the dinosaurs.  Plagg did not take what the text said to kindly in class.

"Plagg someone's going to hear you hide!" I urged in panic.

"I FIND IT A DISGRACE-THE AUDACITY OF THAT TEACHER! WHAT SHE WAS TEACHING YOU WAS TOTALLY FALSE! AN ASTROID!? PAW-LEASE I DID THAT TO THE  DINOSAURS AND REMEMBER IT LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY!"

In my opinion I thought it was pretty interesting, we were still learning about ethics from last year and the information tied in.

Nobody's POV

Adrien snorted at his remark before letting out a hoarse cough.  Plagg looked at him concerned.  His owner was getting weaker every day and to think that this started less than half a year ago.

"Please-Plagg- j-just stay in my bag."

Plagg sighed.  His owner had one of the kindest hearts he had ever met.  Sinking into the bag with Tikki, they looked out at Adrien nervously.

They suddenly felt the bag shake and peered up to see Adrien talking to a teacher.  The teacher said that he had to go to the front office.

Weird...

Marinette's POV

I entered the lunch room my hands fiddling nervously.  I kept my head down.  News had traveled  fast of my memories disappearing.  People even started getting in my face and saying obnoxious things like, "I bet she's faking!" Or "Do you remember me!?" 

It was so fucking annoying.

I just couldn't take it anymore.  All of the eyes and heads turned as they looked at me.  Not in the good way though.  I thought of positive thoughts.  I hated the attention when all are on me, well except for the attention Chat and Adrien give me.

I blushed at the thought as I saw Alya wave to me.  I quickly rushed over, almost tripping on my bag before sitting down next to her.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat still feeling the eyes on me.  I nervously smiled at Alya, but she wasn't looking at me.  Instead she was glaring at all the kids gossiping about me.  They immediately shut up and switched topic. She gave me a smile.

"So... what do you wanna talk about?"

I paused for a moment and looked around Adrien wasn't here... 

"Can you tell me about well... Ladybug and Chat Blanc?"

Nobody's POV

Alya froze for a minute and looked at the girl.  She was desperate for answers.  

"Listen Marinette-"

"Please Alya.  I'm getting my memories back and I-I wanna know more."

Alya smiled.  A real smile.  

"Well first it's not Ladybug and Chat Blanc.  Or well... it used to be Ladybug and Chat Noir."

"What?"

Adrien's POV

What the fuck. What the fuck. WHAT THE FUCK!

Nobody's POV

Adrien let out a quiet sob in front of her mother's casket.  He had figured out that his father was Hawkmoth but he never imagined anything like this.

The white butterflies fluttered around him as he saw his life flash before his eyes.

His father had brought him there after school.  Adrien went willingly.  He didn't really know why but he was drawn to the truth.  From the whole car ride he had managed to have a steal grip on his bag and the miracle box swung tightly around him.

The things his father had said- he looked at his mom's transparent casket.  He pressed his hands up against the glass and sobbed.  Looking longingly at her emotionless porcelain face.  He couldn't stop sobbing.  Why? WHY!

He turned around to see his father.  What was going on? He was-so-so- he had never felt this way before.  The amount of rage and hatred.

"Why did you do this."

Out of all of the things Gabriel never expected that to be his first reaction.  He was doing it for Emilie and Adrien.  "What?" 

Adrien sniffled, "WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THIS!" He screamed gesturing to himself.  

He ran his fingers through his hair and tugged violently at the blonde locks.  "YOU PUT ME THROUGH HELL AND NOW I REALISE- I WASN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE BORN! I'M NOT EVEN REAL!"

"Adrien-"

"NO! I'M-I'M A- A SENTIMONSTER! I'M NOT-" Adrien started laughing hysterically pacing around.  The snot and tears streaming and bubbling out.  He wiped his face with his blazer and continued.

"WHY AM I ALIVE!? WHY AM I STILL ALIVE?! YOU WANT TO SAVE ME BUT YOU TOOK THE THINGS THAT WERE MY WORLD AWAY FROM ME!"

He looked at his mother's glass casket and slapped his hand down on it.

"ADRIEN!" Gabriel snapped, "you are being ridiculous-"

"NO! NO! THE WAY YOU FEEL ABOUT MOM IS THE WAY I FEEL ABOUT MARINETTE- YOU PUT ME AND HER THROUGH THIS- AND I-I'M NOT EVEN REAL!" Adrien robbed sliding against the casket, cradling himself in his own arms.

Gabriel was walking closer to Adrien when Plagg came out of Adrien's bag.

"That!s enough Gabriel."

Adrien opened his mouth to protest  but only a watery sob came out.  

Gabriel looked at the kwami daring him to continue.  And Plagg did.

"You are going to leave. Now." Plagg said quietly.  

His voice was barely above a whisper but there was something about it that sounded deadly.  

His green luminescent eyes glowed dangerously as his pupils dilated.  For the first time Plagg looked and acted just how old he was.

"Get out." Plagg growled, "I won't tell you again."

Gabriel backed away slowly, not taking his eyes off Adrien or his kwami.  Even Gabriel knew better not to mess with the embodiment of destruction.

Once Plagg was sure that Gabriel had vanished into the shadows, he went to Adrien, still mewling in pain.  

Plagg sat on Adrien's shoulder, and maybe it was because they were connected through the miraculous of the black cat, or maybe it was because they had known each other for a long time, but either way, Plagg cried with Adrien.

And both contemplated what they had just found out.

-End of Chapter 44-

(Sorry about the break!!! I know this was short, but chapters will resume as usual publishing Tuesday and Friday)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 2 19
The great thing about Adrien Agreste...is...when I look in his eyes...and he's looking back at mine...everything feels...not quite normal. Because I...
106K 3.6K 25
Chat Noir's identity has been revealed in the worst possible way imaginable - In front of a nation-wide broadcast crew while facing an Akuma. His lif...
2.7K 128 12
𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀 𝗺𝘆 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗶 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂? *ೃ༄ ❝ 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 and just like the last, and like the next...
117K 2.9K 19
Adrien Agreste may seem like he has everything together. Being a famous model, all the girls crushing on him, secretly living a double life as a famo...