Manan - Hold My Hand

By aanchal_89

Manik Malhotra, CEO of Malhotra Groups, He is a private person and likes to have his own space. He has a few... More

"Introduction"
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1

Chapter 24

10.5K 825 129
By aanchal_89

Nandini was at the set today and was trying to speed up hating to be in the presence of that actress.

"This is ridiculous. I don't know why the producer thinks you are a good choice for handling my clothes. ",The actress complained and Nandini's assistant looked at Nandini who just gave her an encouraging smile.

"Can't you do a thing properly.",The actress Aditi yelled at her assistant Ruhi as the dress was tight on her waist.

"I am sorry but this was the size you gave us.",Ruhi tried explaining.

" So you are saying I got fat and it's not you who messed up.",Aditi yelled and Nandini sighed walking close to them and gave Ruhi a nod to move aside.

"Do we have a problem here?",She asked and Aditi rolled her eyes and stared her down.

"If you would have taken down my size properly we wouldn't have a problem.",Aditi said and Nandini gave her a glance.

" Well we did and you even tried the outfits and it was perfect. It's not our fault if you don't stick to your diet or inform us beforehand so that we could alter the outfits. Now I would appreciate you accepting your fault instead of blaming us.",Nandini said and She looked at her in disbelief.

"Did you just called me fat? You pathetic middle class loser.",Aditi yelled and Nandini tried to keep her anger in check as she stared at her.

"No I asked you to stop blaming us and yelling at us for something that's not our fault.",Nandini said trying to be patient.

" Just because you designed for Manik Malhotra doesn't mean you are so popular and can show me that attitude. I would like it if you tone that down. I don't understand why they choose a gold digger like you it's bad for our reputation.",Aditi said smirking and everyone looked at them shocked including Nandini.

"Excuse me.",She said still shocked.

"Well you heard me. I know very well girls like you try to get involve with big names to get fame and money too sad it didn't work out for you. You should have look at the mirror once before trying something like that. There's no way he would have choose you. ",Aditi said looking her down.

The words hit Nandini hard as she thought if Manik would actually ever like her but she couldn't give her the satisfaction and put on a blank face.

"It's not me who need someone to make me look good on the TV. It's you. So you should think twice before saying something like that to me when you are the one standing here with tons of makeup and different outfits to make yourself look presentable on the screen. ",Nandini said with a smile. Ruhi tried to stop herself from smiling.

" And don't worry. I will make sure all the outfits are at least 2-3 inches loose so you don't look bad on the screen and get trolled. We girls should support each other.",Nandini said with a stare and walked out giving her a nod.

She saw Ishaan standing leaning on the vanity van looking in their direction and gave him a small smile walking near him.

He was still staring at Aditi.

"Ishaan what are you doing here?",Nandini asked surprised walking close to him.

" I was nearby so thought to visit and see how things were going on and meet you.",he said now turning to look at her.

" Are you hungry?",She asked and he nodded as they walked side by side to go to the restaurant on the next street.

"Does this happen everyday?",he asked and Nandini sighed. She was hoping he didn't hear them but he obviously did.

"She has an attitude but she went far today.",Nandini said honestly and he nodded.

" Do you want me to talk to my friend about it? I feel responsible for suggesting you to take up this work. I don't want you to get insulted and looked down.",Ishaan said a little guilty and she gave him a small smile.

"No I can handle it.",She said and he smiled.

"I saw that. I thought of interrupting but I knew you wouldn't appreciate it so stayed back.",Ishaan said recalling how she hates someone helping her and she gave him a grateful smile.

" So is it just her or people are being rude after the rumour. I know they can be harsh.",Ishaan asked and she stared at him before looking down at her shoes as they waited to cross the street.

Ishaan wrapped his hand around her shoulder as they crossed the street and she smiled and raised an eyebrow. It was the first time he did something like that.

"Sorry it's a habit. It won't happen again.",Ishaan said as he thought of something and she nodded.

"You didn't answer.",he asked as they took their seat on the table.

" There are few people but I am ignoring them. It's the best. ",Nandini said with a shrug and he nodded.

" Tell me if I can be of any help. I will be glad to do so.",Ishaan said and she nodded grateful.

They ordered their food and Ishaan thought of something.

"Nandini you should come this weekend.", Ishaan said a little excited and she looked at him confused.

" I am having a small outing with some friends at my beach house. You will love it there. You can even invite your friends. It will be a fun weekend. ",Ishaan explained with a big smile.

" I don't know. ",She said not sure.

" I promise it will be fun. It won't be awkward. You can invite Navya, Cabir, Manik everyone you want I don't mind. There will be a few friends of mine. It will be a good break. ",He said trying to convince her and She gave a nod finally as she thought over it.

She wanted to talk to Ishaan about her feelings for Manik from the day she realised. She thought this weekend would be the perfect opportunity.

"Tell me again why do we have to go to this weekend party of your pretty lover boy.",Manik asked her annoyed as they sat in her apartment for dinner as she explained them.

Cabir laughed and Navya just smiled looking at Nandini's annoyed expression.

"He isn't my lover boy. We are friends and you guys are coming because he invited you guys.",Nandini said him irritated at his comments.

" That doesn't mean we have to go.",Manik said and she rolled her eyes at him for being difficult.

"Navya you coming right?",Nandini asked her with a hopeful smile.

"Of course free food, beach party and hot boys around for the whole weekend. No chance I am missing it.",Navya said excited and Nandini gave her a hi-fi as Cabir glared at her.

" I will come too.",Cabir said immediately and Navya gave her a wink as she smiled.

"Traitor.",Manik said looking at him.

"I am not going to sit around and watch my girlfriend flirt with someone else.",Cabir said and he glared at her.

" Fine if all of you want to go and are insisting so much I will come.",Manik said dramatically and Nandini clapped her hands excited.

" I will call Ishaan and tell him.",Nandini said and picked her phone.

Manik snatched it from her hands.

"Do it tomorrow. It's late night.",Manik said rolling his eyes and she frowned.

"It's just past 12.",Nandini said him confused.

" Still late.",Manik said and she shrugged keeping her phone aside.

"We will have to go shopping.",Navya said immediately and Nandini nodded.

"Yeah I would need some nice swimwear.",Nandini said agreeing with her.

" We should buy some bikinis. You would look sexy. I can even picture myself wearing one and lying down on the beach enjoying the sun.",Navya said in a daze thinking about it.

" The thought itself is making me relax.",Nandini said smiling and the girls smiled at each other.

" I was wondering if any of Ishaan's friend hot? I mean he is quite good looking himself.",Navya said turning to Nandini.

" I have met one of his friend I don't remember his name. He looked hot.",Nandini said and the girls gave a look to each other.

Cabir cleared his throat loudly as he looked at them along with Manik.

"If you are forgetting than I am your boyfriend. You shouldn't be talking or thinking about other guys.",Cabir said annoyed.

" And specially not infront of us.",Manik added and they gave an embarassing smile.

" We will go for shopping tomorrow.",Nandini said ignoring them and Navya nodded.

" We will come with you.",Cabir said and Manik looked at him surprised.

"I need to make sure you buy something good and decent.",Cabir said and she glared at him.

" Tell me again, Why am I coming with you? ",Manik asked Cabir annoyed.

" Because you are my friend and also it would be weird having to be the only guy in the bikini section. ",Cabir said innocently and Manik rolled his eyes.

" Why do I have this strong feeling that I will be fifth wheeling the whole outing with you two on one side and Nandini and her lover boy on the other side. I miss Mukti. ",Manik said and they rolled his eyes.

" You won't.",Navya said him.

"He isn't my lover boy.",Nandini said annoyed for the fifth time that night.

"I miss Mukti too but I am glad she isn't here now she would have spoilt them further.",Cabir said him.

They talked around for a while before leaving.

They met next day for shopping.

Manik was busy in his phone as they walked in.

Navya and Nandini got busy in selecting clothes as Cabir suggested some to them.

They selected a few dresses and kept it aside before moving to the bikini section.

Nandini picked some and showed it to Navya who nodded getting excited over it.

Cabir was looking around before his eyes caught one and he came to their side.

"Try this.",he said showing Navya and she looks at him.

" You want me to wear this at the weekend party?",Navya asked surprised seeing the low cut and sexy bikini he got.

"Who said you have to wear it there? We can have our own private party.",Cabir said and leaned into her side to drop a kiss on her neck as he whispered to her and she blushed red.

Nandini cleared her throat before raising an eyebrow at them.

"Turn around.",Cabir said turning her away and she glared at him before smiling and leaving them alone as she moved to other side.

Nandini was staring at the two bikini infront of her confused.

One was a strapped pink and orange bikini with high waist bottoms and another was a strapless white and blue with high waist bottoms.

She glanced at Navya and saw her busy with Cabir and frowned wondering which one to take.

"Where are you lost?",Manik asked from behind her and she jumped a little.

" Don't sneak up on people like that.",She said calming herself.

" Where are the two of them?",Manik asked and she gestured in their direction.

"They left you on your own",he asked rolling his eyes watching them busy kissing and she nodded with a pout.

" Fine. I will help you. ",He said putting his phone down and she gave him a small smile grateful.

" It's fine.",She said not trusting his opinion and he frowned.

" Not to boast but I have a great choice. Mukti always takes my opinion before getting something for herself.",Manik said proud and she smiled a little.

" Also it's good to have a men's opinion while shopping.",Manik added with a tease.

" Fine. Help me with selecting one of them. They both seems good to me.",Nandini said showing him the two outfits and he looked at her and then the outfits.

He made a thinking face and she looked at him waiting.

"Nope I didn't like it. How about this?",he said going through the clothes and showed her a black one piece swimsuit that covered her completely.

She glared at him.

"Now I know what you meant by Mukti taking your opinion. More like you forcing her.",Nandini said before turning away and going through other outfits.

Manik smiled sighing.

"Okay fine. I will be serious. Take this.",Manik said as he took out another one and showed her.

It was a pink halter high waist bikini set.

She took it from him and took a double glance at it.

It was actually nice.

"I like it.",She said with a smile and he smiled back.

"I need another one.",She said and he looked at her.

"Why do you need so many outfits?",He said as he went through some to find another one.

"Because we will be there for 2 days. I need atleast 2 and 1 spare for emergency. ",Nandini explained him and he nodded.

" Take that strapless one you saw at the first. ",Manik said tired already and she looked at him to confirm and he nodded.

" Done.",She said giving him a grateful smile.

Navya walked to her with clothes in her hand with Cabir following her.

"Did you find something?",Navya asked her.

Nandini showed the two outfits and Navya liked it.

" Manik helped.",Nandini added and Cabir raised an eyebrow as Navya glared at Cabir.

"My choice is good. Right?",Manik asked smirking at Cabir and Navya nodded.

" Atleast you didn't suggest a one piece swimwear that a 12 year old wear.",Navya said glaring at Cabir who just gave a shrug.

"Don't worry Navya, Cabir isn't the only one.",Nandini said giving a look to Manik who smiled embarassed.

"Let's try them. Did you get some cover up?",Navya asked and she nodded.

"You are going to try them all. ",Cabir asked smiling looking at Navya.

" Yes but it's not for show. Go find yourself something. We will be done soon. ",Navya said pushing him away as they walked to the trial room.

Cabir looked at Manik who just shakes his head at him and walked to the men section.

"So you excited about the weekend?",Cabir asked him curious.

"I don't really care. I would be bored without you guys so I am coming. ",Manik said him and he looked at him.

" So you okay with Nandini hanging around with Ishaan.",Cabir asked slowly watching his reaction and Manik looked at him.

" She is just my friend Cabir. It's her life also I have met him and talked to him too. He seems nice. ",Manik said looking through the clothes. Cabir looked at him confused.

He had seen the way they act around each other and he knew it wasn't just friendship. For last few weeks after the talk with Navya he is trying to be okay with them and now he actually didn't mind it much. He was going to let them do what they want and if possible help them too but he kept quiet letting him discover his feelings at his own pace.

"You will be okay with her dating him.",Cabir asked not able to stop himself and Manik thought about it before finally giving a nod.

"We will see.",Cabir said with a smile and Manik looked at him confused before distracting himself with something else.

The girls came out soon and walked near them.

"What did you guys choose?",Navya asked looking at them.

Cabir showed the two outfits in his hands.

"Manik",Navya asked him seeing his empty hands.

"Nothing. I didn't like anything. I have many outfits at home. ",Manik said them with a shrug looking at the outfits.

" Fine. Are you guys hungry?",Nandini asked them as they walked to the counter.

" Let's pay and then we can go eat something. ",Cabir said and she smiled.

The staff quickly bill them and Nandini gave her card to pay.

"I will pay you back at home.",Navya said her picking her bags.

"Think it as a treat.",Nandini said smiling and Navya nodded.

"What about my treat?",Cabir asked as they walked out .

Nandini was holding her bags as Cabir grabbed Navya's bag along with his and hugged her close to him as they walked out.

"Fine I will treat you to Food.",Nandini said him smiling and he smiled at her excited.

Nandini shifted the bags to her other hand to hold her purse comfortably.

She felt someone grab them and turns to see Manik taking it from her hands and holding it for her.

"It's fine. I can hold it",Nandini said him a little uncomfortable with him carrying her bags.

"Relax.",Manik said looking at her before looking away as he walked straight.

She stared at him for some time before smiling to herself as she walked making light conversation with Navya.

They reached the food court.

"What do you guys want to eat?",Nandini asked them taking out her purse.

Cabir picked the menu.

"I will have a large burger with fries and cold drink. Some sandwiches and tacos and a choco lava.",Cabir said reading the menu and Manik rolled his eyes.

" Also a banana shake.",He added and Navya slapped his arms.

"Stop teasing her.",Navya said him.

"I am hungry. Cutie?",he asked and Nandini shakes his head in no letting him order.

" I got my salary today and a bonus too for working so hard as stated by my new boss. Have fun.",Nandini said giving a smile at Manik's direction.

" You were working for way less amount than you deserved.",Manik said rolling his eyes and she smiled grateful.

" Why am I the only one who doesn't get bonus?",Navya said upset.

" You know you can always come and work under me. There will be many bonuses.",Cabir said with a smirk and Navya blushed at the double meaning of his words.

"I am going to order.",Nandini said getting up.

Cabir laughed looking at her.

"You should be used to this after all this time.",Cabir teased her.

" I don't think I ever will. I will get the order. Navya you will have a burger too?",Nandini asked and she nodded.

" Manik?",She asked him.

"I will come with you. Your tiny hands will not be able to hold all our orders. Also I would prefer some single time. You guys should stop with the PDA.",Manik said as he got up a little disgusted.

" Tell that when you find someone you like.",Cabir said and Manik nodded ignoring him as he walked with Nandini to give their order.

They gave their order and Nandini moved to pay but Manik gave his card instead.

"It's my treat.",She argued and he just gave her a look.

"Manik that's not fair. I told Cabir I was treating everyone.",Nandini said him.

" Don't tell him I paid. He would never know.",He said with a shrug.

" But I want to. ",She said irritated at him.

" Let it be. Just think it as a bonus too. ",Manik said and she glared at him before walking away.

He looked at her surprised.

"Nandini",He called but she didn't glance at him.

"Nandini..",he tried again but she ignored him.

He ran a little and walked by her side trying to get her attention.

"You can treat us some other day. Let it go.",Manik tried to talk to her.

She ignored him and he sighed grabbing her hands and stopping her.

"I am not sorry for what I did and I will do it again too.",Manik said and she glared at him and tried to get away.

"I didn't know Mr. Manik Malhotra was so generous. I am so lucky to have you as my boss. ",She said sarcastically and he frowned not liking it.

" What do you mean by that? ",He asked.

"Nothing Sir. I am just thankful.",She said giving him a fake smile.

He sighed realising she took his words in a wrong way.

"Nandini I didn't mean it that way. It was a joke.",Manik said softly.

She looked away.

"Okay fine. You can pay me back if that makes you happy. It wasn't something to make such a big deal about.",Manik said trying to convince her.

" It is a big deal Manik. I promised him for a treat. You didn't have to pay for me. I can do that myself. You even shrugged it off like it didn't matter and now too you are being difficult.",Nandini said hurt from his words and actions.

" I am being difficult? You are making a big issue about such a small amount and what if I paid on your behalf. What's wrong with that? I have always done that for all my friends. It's not something to argue about.",Manik said and she just stared at him in disbelief.

" Now let's calm down and forget it. Okay?",Manik said her softly.

They slowly walk back to their table.

Cabir and Navya noticed the vibe and realised something was wrong but didn't speak a word and tried to distract them.

Their number was announced and Manik got up to get it.

"I will come with you.",Cabir said and they left.

They came back soon and put it on the table.

Manik noticed Nandini has shifted her chair a little away from him and rolled his eyes at her childishness.

He sat back making sure to shift his chair closer to her challenging her to move away.

Cabir and Navya glanced at each other.

"The shake is yummy. Thanks for the treat Cutie. You are the best.",Cabir said with a big smile to change the atmosphere.

Nandini looked at him and gave a side glare to Manik.

"Thank Manik. It's his treat. He paid.",Nandini said annoyed.

Navya and Cabir looked at the two of them and realised they had a fight over this.

They tried to talk to them but sighed giving up.

"Okay that's enough. If you both are going to be like this than please find yourself another table. I want to eat in peace and have fun. You guys are spoiling it.",Cabir said tired and they looked down guilty.

Nandini gave him a small smile and made small discussions with Cabir and Navya.

Manik was lost in thought wondering where he was wrong that she got so upset over a small matter. It's not like he hasn't paid for her before. He did most of the times. So what went wrong today.

They finished their food and started taking rounds to see if something catches their eye.

"Let's play some games.",Navya suggested.

They looked at each other before Cabir nodded dragging the others too.

Nandini was trying to get something from the claw machine.

"Cutie you know right. It's a scam.",Cabir said watching her try for the third time.

" She won't hear you. She is obsessed with them after watching k-drama. ",Navya said and Cabir laughs as she tried and failed again.

" You can get the toy from the store too. It will cost less than the amount of tries you have made. You know that right?",Manik said trying to make a conversation and She gave him a glare.

" Come we will go try something else.",Nandini said tired and took both Cabir and Navya to play basketball.

Manik glanced at them playing the other side and the claw machine.

He went to the store thinking to just buy her before stopping and walking back to the claw machine.

"What so special about this?",he wondered before giving it a try.

He failed and gave up after a few tries and walked back to them.

They played for a while before leaving.

"Manik can you drop Nandini. I am stopping by Cabir's house.",Navya said with a mischievous glint in her eyes and Nandini glared at her.

" I will take a taxi.",She said immediately.

" I will drop you.",he said firmly.

"We will get going. Bye bye.",Navya said dragging Cabir and they walked to their car.

" I am taking a taxi.",Nandini said glaring at him as she called one.

Manik held her hands and walked opening the car door for her.

" Get in.",He said firmly and she nodded in no.

"I will pick you up and put you in.",Manik warned and seeing how serious he looked, she sat in.

He started driving as she ignored him.

She noticed they weren't driving to her house and turned to him.

"I want to go home.",She said narrowing her eyes at him.

"And I want some peace.",Manik replied and She looked at him confused.

" But we don't always get what we want.",Manik said again and she looked away irritated.

He looked at her and saw her still angry at him and sighed looking front.

He stopped on the traffic signal and turned to her.

"Are we going to continue this?",Manik asked trying to be calm and she kept quiet.

" Nandini I am trying to talk. ",Manik said trying again and She just stared at the front.

" You know you are being stubborn right now for no reason. Atleast talk to me like adults. ",Manik said annoyed.

" Manik, there's no point talking about it when you don't even know why I am upset. ",She said tired not wanting to fight and he looked at her.

" Then tell me. What did I do because I can't think of any fucking reason that made you so upset.",Manik said as he started the car again.

She just stared at him once before ignoring him.

Manik sighed loosing his patience slowly and noticed her seatbelt unlocked and had come of.

"Your seatbelt.",He said and she looked at him and then at her seatbelt ignoring him.

" Fine be like that. It's not like I will be getting hurt.",Manik said annoyed at her and looked away murmuring under his breath frustrated.

He kept driving and Nandini thought about everything.

"Did I drag it? But he was the one clueless. I am not going to give up this time. He didn't know how much his words hurt.",Nandini said as she looked front and her eyes widened as she turned to Manik.

The Car infront of them came to a stop immediately without any signal and Manik forced his brakes to stop the collision.

He puts a hand infront of Nandini to stop her from hitting the dashboard as the car came to a stop and they jumped forward with the force.

He sighed in relief glancing at her and pressed the horn twice angry.

The driver came near them.

"Sorry Sir, the car broke down. I am a new driver. Sorry.",He apologized and Manik tried to calm himself down and nodded.

Manik drove away and parked the car at a side and turned to Nandini to yell at her for being so stubborn about the seatbelt.

He watched her still shaken up before sighing and kept his mouth shut as he leaned closer and pulled the seatbelt putting it on for her.

"Sorry.",She said in a whisper as he locked the seatbelt properly and he looked at her and gave a nod.

"It's fine. Everything is okay now. Relax.",Manik said trying to calm her down.

She just nodded looking down.

" I am sorry for dragging it. I was upset that you didn't let me treat you guys. I was excited about it and then you went and made comments and dismissed it like it didn't even matter and it was a small thing.",She said and he looked at her.

" That wasn't my intention.",he said and she gave a nod.

" We okay now.",he asked and she nodded.

He gave her a smile as he started driving again.

"Can we go home? Please.",She said and he looked at her before giving a nod.

She was looking outside lost in thoughts while Manik kept glancing to make sure she is okay.

He reached her home and she immediately got out of the car and relaxed.

"Thank you. I will leave. Bye.",She said and he stared at her trying to figure her out.

She got inside the apartment and sat down on the sofa trying to calm herself.

The almost collision and the fight triggered her parents death.

She couldn't help but wonder what if it was the last memory of them together and it had to be a fight. Not able to stand the thought of regretting her whole life about being stubborn and fighting with him, if something had happened to them, she immediately let go of their fight.

The door bell rings and she walked and opened it.

She finds Manik standing and looked at him surprised.

"I thought you left.",She said him.

"Forgot to say Goodbye. ",He said and she smiled a little at his cuteness a little more relaxed now that they are home..

" Bye Manik. ",She said with a genuine smile and he nodded in no and wrapped his arms around her.

She relaxed in his arms before wrapping her arms around him too.

"Nandini",He whispered and She nodded lightly.

" I will make sure it doesn't happen again.",He said and she sighed.

" I dragged it too. Don't think over it.",She whispered.

" I am talking about the almost collision. I should have paid more attention. I am Sorry.",He said and she just nodded hugging him tighter.

"Are you okay? ",He asked and she nodded again.

"I thought we were honest to each other and comfortable asking for hugs when we need it.",Manik said a little upset at her actions before as he patted her head lightly.

She pulled apart a little to look at him.

"Just say it when you aren't okay or need a hug. What if I hadn't come back? You would cry to sleep?",Manik asked scolding her a little and she bite her lips.

" I will next time. I promise.",Nandini said and he nodded satisfied.

"Now give me a smile and go pack your bags. We will be leaving early morning tomorrow for your..",Manik said and she glared at him daring him to speak lover boy.

" Weekend outing.",Manik completed smiling teasingly and She nodded.

" Do you want to stay? ",She asked not wanting him to leave yet.

He looked at her once before looking at the time thinking about his pending work he had to complete before the weekend and looked at her pleading face and gave a nod.

"I will get some coffee.",She said excited walking into the kitchen.

Manik sat on the chair by the counter and watched her as she made coffee for them.

She poured it in two mugs and gave one to him.

"I will quickly pack and then we can watch something.",She said and he nods giving a smile.

They walked into her room and Manik glanced around.

" It's lovely. I didn't see it properly before. ",He said looking at her room properly. It was decorated with paintings and pictures.

" Thanks. ",She said and opened her walk in closet door and they walked in.

"And your closet is bigger than your room.",He said with an amused smile and she smiled.

" You can look for something to watch. I will be done by then.",She said not wanting to bore him and he nodded.

" I will look around. We can watch anything.",he said with a shrug as he looked around having his coffee.

"Manik",Nandini called looking at her clothes and he looked up at her.

"Should I wear a proper dress while leaving or anything will do?",She asked and he thought about it.

"It will be a 2 hour drive. Wear something comfortable. We are anyways going to freshen up and change after we reach there. ",Manik said and she looked at her clothes before nodding and picking a crop hoodie and shorts keeping it aside.

She took out some summer dresses and a party wear and put it in her bag along with her innerwear bag and a small makeup bag.

She looked at her footwears and packed a heel and sandals.

Manik was looking around her space and stopped at her working table.

It was a mess with lots of paper scattered with designs on them.

He frowned and saw her small notebook and opened it to see random sketches.

They were beautiful.

"I am done.",Nandini said walking to him.

"These are nice.",He said gesturing to the designs and she thanked him.

"Let's go watch something.",Nandini said and he nodded as they walked back to the living room.

She pulled her legs up sitting comfortably as she searched for something to watch.

"What are you watching right now?",he asked her curious and she turned to him.

" The Orginals. ",She said him as she shuffled for something to watch.

"Its Nice.",he said and she looked at him surprised.

" You have watched it?",She asked and he nodded.

" I watched a few episodes with Mukti and then was curious so continued it.",Manik said and she smiled.

" It's interesting. Right?",She said with a big smile on her face.

He nodded.

"You can continue with it.",He said and she thanked him and started watching from where she left.

She picked the blanket from the side and wrapped it around her legs and put it around Manik's too.

He smiled watching that and then turned to watch the tv.

"You know I hate Hayley sometimes.",She said frowning looking at the screen.

Manik smiled at that.

"I love Cami and Klaus together. I don't know why she is with Marcel. I hope they get together at the end. ",She said and he smiled.

" Actually they don't. ",Manik said and she turned to him.

" What do you mean they don't?",She asked curious but then looks away.

"No don't tell me.",she said immediately and he smiled with mischief.

"Infact what happens is that she...",he pauses teasing her.

"Manik stop giving me spoilers. I want to watch it. Don't say a word.",Nandini warned him as she closed her ears with her hands.

He grabbed her hand pulling it down.

" They don't get together. At the end...",She made noises trying to not hear him as he laughed at that.

He sat back relaxed and saw her still worried.

"Okay fine. I won't say. It's better if you watch it on your own but with the way you are going I think you are going to cry when the time comes. Mukti cried and called me complaining about it for hours on how she can't believe Cami died. I was...",He stopped midway realising he actually said it and turned to her slowly scared.

"She what? She dies. You are not kidding me. Are you?",Nandini asked not believing it.

He just gave a nod trying to see her reaction amused.

" This is ridiculous.",She said standing up.

"Why did you have to tell me?, You spoiled it.",She said glaring at him and he shifted a little away scared.

"I don't even want to watch now. I won't be able to see them the same way.",Nandini said throwing pillows at him.

" I am sorry. I didn't realise.",He said innocently and she cursed him throwing the pillows hitting him.

"Stop hitting, atleast I didn't say about klaus and Hayley getting together.",Manik said again teasing her and she looked at him wide eyed as she sat near him shocked above the blanket.

"They got together. That doesn't make sense. I mean how could they do something like this. What happened to Elijah then? Did he die too? I am not watching it. It is so bad.",Nandini asked him frustrated with how the story goes and he hides a smile.

" You were making fun of me.You are such a jerk.",She said suddenly realising he was lying and started hitting him again as she kneeled on the sofa to get on his height.

He hold her hands blocking her and tried to stand to get away from her but falls down with the blanket entangled in his legs.

He pulls her down with him and she lets out a squeal surprised.

She hits her nose on his chin and curses trying to get up slapping his chest.

"Sorry.",he said holding her face to look at it.

She looks up at him eyes half closed at the pain and finds her breath hitched at how close they were as her eyes widened at the realisation.

"Does it hurt much?",he asked worried and guilty.

Not hearing an answer, he looked up in her eyes and found her staring at him.

At that moment he realised the situation they were in.

He was confused about what he was feeling at that instant. It was mixed feelings and he was getting frustrated every second.

But he was clear about one thing.

He didn't mind having her so close to him and that confused him.

Blush covered her cheeks as she found his eyes on her too.

Manik gave a side smirk not able to stop himself from teasing her.

"Don't get wild thoughts.",Manik said raising an eye and she frowned.

"I wasn't",She said the spell broken and tried to get up as she blushed more if possible.

"Try telling that to your cheeks.",He said touching her cheeks with his finger as they sat back.

"I bet you were thinking about ki..." Manik paused leaning near her ears and she turned to him surprised and found him inches away.

Her eyes moved to his lips as he said that before she looked up at his eyes.

She felt his eyes glance at her lips too and a thought crossed her mind.

"Does he want to kiss me too?" The thought alone made her blush and hot.

"I am home.",Navya yelled coming inside and saw them together and was surprised at the closeness.

Nandini looked away immediately and got up trying to put distance between them to calm her racing heart.

"You are early.",Nandini said walking close to her helping her with the bags as she lightly fanned herself.

"You seem disappointed. Hi Manikkk.",Navya said with a teasing smile and Nandini looked down embarassed.

Manik gave her a smile back and came close to her.

"You guys sorted it out?" She asked and they shared a look before giving her a nod.

"I will leave. I have some pending works to do.",Manik said immediately a little embarassed and Navya frowned.

"Stay for some more time. ",Navya asked and he gave her a small apologetic smile.

" Some other day. I will go today. Take care. ",He said and she nodded coming forward giving him a hug.

He smiled hugging her back.

He had shared with Navya briefly about not comfortable with human touch and he avoids them as much as possible and also about how his doctor believes sharing about it may help.

She was quite understanding and felt a little guilty too. Manik liked Navya for her straightforward and blunt nature. She had made sure she can help him in any way possible.

He had grown comfortable to her touches too over time. She had a motherly feel to them. She cared a lot and it was refreshing to be the one taken care of.

Nandini watched them with a smile.

"Take care of yourself and have your food on time. We will see you tomorrow.",She said and he gave a nod.

He turned to Nandini and gave a smile.

"Bye.",he said and she smiled back.

He walked out and Nandini close the door behind him and turned to see Navya giving her a look she understands very well.

"Are we not going to talk about it?",Navya asked as Nandini ignored her and started her series again.

" There's nothing to talk about.",She said ignoring her eyes.

"Seriously. You looked like you wanted to jump on him and you are saying there's nothing.",Navya said eyeing the sofa they were sitting on and she looks at her in loss of words.

" Jump... Jump on him. Are you serious?",She said not able to believe she actually said that to her.

"Yes. I am. Look me in the eye and say that the thought of kissing him didn't cross your mind.",Navya asked making her look at her.

She couldn't say a word and Navya smirked.

"Okay fine. I thought about it. It's not my fault he is good looking. We somehow ended up sitting close and my hormones went crazy. You don't expect the hormones of a 25 year old women to be calm sitting that close to a guy like him. ",Nandini made an excuse.

" Well you are right about that the inside you would have been so excited but Are you sure that's the only reason. Maybe it has something to do with your heart. ",Navya said raising an eyebrow and Nandini looked at her.

She knew it was her stupid heart and her feelings for him that keeps on growing but she couldn't bring herself to admit infront of Navya. She wasn't ready for it yet.

Nandini changed the topic and Navya sighed letting her as they watched the tv.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 13.7K 47
What's meant to be will be. Manik Malhotra. Nandini Murthy. Meant to be together? Maybe? Or with someone else? A story that revolves around everyday...
53.2K 2.6K 33
From I Don't Care About Her to 'SHE IS MINE' Manik Malhotra the only son of Malhotras...
841K 62.8K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...
3.6M 252K 151
#01 in fanfiction on 23/02/18 Nandini murthy:-) A girl full of life and fun, wants to be independent and stand on her own feet. Loves her family. Man...