Adopted By One Direction

By casperh

13 years old. Lonely. Abused. Terrified. Little Madison has never known what it feels like to have someone lo... More

Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Adopted By One Direction

586K 3.3K 2.7K
By casperh

13 years old. Lonely. Abused. Terrified. Little Madison has never known what it feels like to have someone love her. Abused by her 'family' she has learned to shut people out, to never trust, and to see everything as a trick to hurt her. Sexually, mentally, and physically abused by the people who should have loved her most, Maddison has learned to protect herself from everything, even the possibility of love.

She has spent more than two tortuous years in and out of the foster care system. At the most desperate of times, she has wished that her father would have killed her, especially in consideration to the many chances he was given.
      She now finds herself in the care of five loud, crazy, boys who want nothing more than to take her previous pain away, and to love her as their own. What will happen when this scared little girl meets the boys from One Direction, and they try to save her? Will pain hit her again? Is her father really gone? Will she ever be safe? Read and find out...

Chapter 1: Madison

Looking out the window of my tiny little room, all I can see is the smiles of the kids playing below me. Why? Are they that stupid? Don't they know that there is no hope for them? Haven't they learned that there is no hope for any of us? They all think that outside of this orphanage there is something great awaiting them, a family and a loving home. Well, I know all too well that that doesn't exist. All that's outside is hurt. There is hurt both within these walls and outside of them. I wish I wasn't even on the earth. I just wish it would all end. I wish all the hurt would end.

"Madison! Come down stairs you little brat!! Dinner is ready!" Miss June calls. The evil lady, I've always hated her. She always picks on the kids, yells at them, locks us up in this gross, overcrowded old house like we don't matter or deserve anything.

I stomp down the stairs, as if in protest. I mean it's not like I'm even hungry, I never am.

All the other kids are sitting at the long wood table laughing and smiling. But as soon as I step into the room the laughter stops. They all hate me. They take pleasure in calling me names, beating me up when Miss June isn't looking, and the older boys take every chance they get to do bad things to me when no one is watching. I just sit at the table with my head down, staring at the piece of bread that's on my plate.

I wonder when and if I can ever get out of here.
———————————————————————

Just as the day before, I sat on my bed looking out the window.

"Madison! Someones here to see you!" Miss June yells up the stairs. Groaning, I think to myself, 'Not another questioning from the police.'

I don't bother checking my appearance in the mirror, because it's not like it ever matters to me. Nothing about me matters. I'm just in my simple dark skinny jeans and black long sleeved loose fit shirt and old, ragged uggs.

Miss June always makes me cover my skin, so no can see the cuts, bruises, burns, and scares that cover my body.

As my foot hit the last step of the stairwell, I lift my head up expecting to see a couple of police officers, instead I see five teenage boys.

"Madison don't be rude, introduce yourself." Miss June snaps.

No way was I going to be adopted by anyone, much less by a bunch of teenage boys. I'm not that stupid. I know what happens. It's not like it hasn't happened before...

Maybe if I'm rude, I think to myself, they won't want me. Who am I kidding, if I just be myself they won't want me.

"Umm Hi, I'm Madison,."

I whisper just barley loud enough for them to hear me, my eyes fixed on my hands folded in front of me.

"Hi sweetheart, I'm Louis."
The one with light brown hair says.

Sweetheart? I've heard that nickname one too many times... And it never ends good.

"MADISON! BE POLITE AND LOOK UP!" Miss June yells sternly.

I slowly lift my head up, fixing my vision from my hands to the five boys in front of me.

"No, no. It's ok, I'm shy too." The one with the black hair says obviously feeling guilty that I had just been yelled at.

Miss June was taken back by the fact someone remotely stood up to her.

I felt like smirking at her and laughing in her face, but I had a bigger problem on my hands. Trying not to get adopted AGAIN!

I have been adopted 3 times in the last year I have been here! It every adoption ends up with me coming back here with new bruises, new scars, new night mares, and even less of me that remains put together.

"Madison these boys would like to interview you, AND I EXPECT YOU TO BE ON YOUR BEST BEHAVIOR!" She yells while throwing me in the dark interview room.

The boys quickly follow in suite and sit across the desk from me.

"She's a scary one huhh?" The blonde one says, referring to Miss Jones.

"Let us all introduce ourselves before we begin, yeah?" The one with the light brown hair says.

"I'm Liam."

"Im Harry"

"I'm Niall"

"I'm Zayn"

"And you've met me, I'm Louis"

They went down a line from left to right in the order they were sitting in.

"So Madison whats your full name?" Louis asks.

"My- name. Is uhh. Madison Bess Johnson.. But I don't really- um go by my last name though." I say starting to feel nervous.

They smile and nod in approval. "Thats a pretty name," Harry says sending me a reassuring smile.

My name isn't pretty at all. Nothing about me is. I just hope they can see that.

Shit!

They just CAN'T adopt me.

"What do you like to do for fun?" Zayn asks.

"Well.. Ermm. I like to... Umm."

I don't do anything for fun, except pouring my horrific tales out into my journal, if that counts.

I really sound like some emo freak, don't I? Well the truth is, I'm quite the opposite. Just a lot has hurt me in my life, I had to grow up fast, and watch my back.

I guess from the outside you wouldn't be able to tell I have this dark side in me. My long blonde hair that goes down a few inches before my waste, my once bright blue eyes that are now clouded with secrets and pain, my once tanned body now unhealthy tiny and ruined, they can make me seem like a cute little girl all covered up.

"I guess I like to read?"

I finally say just throwing a fake answer out there.

"Have you ever been adopted before?" Niall questions.

"Y-yes. I have." I say quietly looking down at my hands.

"How many times?" Niall continues pressing me.

"3." I mumble.

Surely after that answer they will be able to tell I'm trouble. Or if they plan on doing something bad to me, they will be happy because it makes me vulnerable.

"Do you like music?" Harry asks as I slowly start to lift my head.

I simply nod.

"What kind of music do you like?" Harry asks.

"Well, we have a radio here at the orphanage. Sometimes we listen to it, I don't know who any of the singers are though, but it passes time.

They have warms smiles over there faces, therefore I attempt to give one back as best as I can.

"Madison, who are some of your role models?" Louis asks like he was wrapping up the interview.

I thought for a minute, with my face scrunched up searching for a fake answer. No one comes to mind.

"I don't really have one, I guess. Sorry." I softly answer.

"No sorrys, you don't have to have one." Zayn responses with a reassuring smile.

"Well thank you very much sweetie. If you don't mind, on your way out will you please ask Miss June to come join us in here?"

I nod sweetly and very gently shut the door behind me, hoping they didn't like me. I don't see how they would anyway.

Harry's POV:

Madison is the cutest little thing I have ever laid my eyes on. Us lads have been talking about adopting a little girl for a long time. Us five, we are like family. We are one another's family, and since none of us have any siblings of our own, we've been dreaming about a little own of our own. We're already family as it is, why not add to it?

But now we are actually doing it! We've known we have wanted a little girl from day one, and one who is less likely to be adopted. Someone older and who has hopes of and deserves a loving home.

Madison is perfect, she seems a little shy, a bit scared, and quite timid, but there is just something about her that makes me feel like she was meant to be our little one.

"What do you guy think?" Louis asks, as his eyes beam.

"She's absolutely perfect!" Niall exclaims with a slight grin on his face.

"She's a little shy, but I have never seen a more adorable little girl in all my life." Zayn responds.

Miss June walks in the room with an assistant with a folder in her hand. Miss June is wearing an evil look of hope in her eyes as she sits across from us. "Well. What do you think?" She asks with a fake, sweet voice.

"She's the one." Liam says smiling.

All of the sudden she looks instantly... Relieved? Like we had just done her a favor.

The assistant sighs and says, "Now by law, I must inform you... Madison has had a difficult past. Things have happened to her both within her original family and past families who have adopted her. She have and continues to feel the affects of her previous upbringing. She tends to get very scared, as she suffers from nightmares, and she tends to keep secrets regarding her true feelings. All of this explains why she is so shy. So please, just be careful around her because she is very sensitive, and it's hard to know what triggers her."

She says as she hands us an information sheet, with medical information such as her allergies. It appears that her only allergy is smoke.

Miss June shows us to Madison's crappy little room, and we find her sitting, curled up in a little ball on her bed writing in what I guess is a journal.

"Madison. Pack your things. You are about to be adopted!" Miss June snaps rather strictly.

Madison's head snaps up as she slams her journal shut. Shock flashes across her face as tears fill her eyes. And not happy tears...

Chapter 2:

Madison's POV:

"Madison. Pack your things. You are about to be adopted!" Miss June says strictly.

I snap my head up from my journal and slam it shut with shock. The shock quickly turns to fear as her words sink in.

They. Are. Adopting. Me?

Tears fill my eyes immediately and shortly roll down my cheeks.

They're going to hurt me. They're going to beat me. They're going to sexually abuse. Just like all of the others. I mean why else would five teenage boys adopt a 13 year old girl?

"P- please. Don't let them take me!" I beg Miss June. Big mistake.

The boys are standing the door way with shock written all over their faces.

"MADISON BESS! GET UP RIGHT THIS INSTANT OR SO HELP ME!" She yells in my face, pull me up by my hair, forcing me to stand.

"NOW PACK!" She growls in my face before grabbing my nasty old suit case and starts throwing my things in it.

A sob escapes my mouth, followed by a "Worthless Bitch." Miss June mumble. Thank God there are other people in this room, or else she would've beat the crap out of me by now.

The five boys just stand in the door way puzzled on why I'm not happy to have been adopted by five guys. Are they that stupid?

Miss June throws the last of my clothes in the suit case and turns to leave the room. I quickly reach under my bed and grab an old box and stuff it in the suit case, praying no one noticed.

Niall comes over to me and reaches for the bag on my bed. He reaches for my hand as well, but I flinch away.

A look of hurt flashed across his face before he put his hand on my back, ignoring my flinches, and leading me towards the door.

The boys simply motion me out the door and follow behind me.

When we reached the foyer, all the kids there with looks of disgust on their face. Its no secret to them that I am a troubled girl. The cuts on my wrists back that up and the fact that I have been raped more times then I can remember.

I just hope these boys don't find out and that they don't hurt me. But I'm not willing to take that chance.

Harry put his hand on the small of my back leading me into the office. As soon as the office door was shut I moved away from Harry and the rest of them. It was time to put up a fight.

"If you boys will just sign here, she's all yours." Miss June said with a fake smile plastered all over her face.

"Nooo! Stop!" I pleaded all six heads turned to face me.

I broke down sobbing, "please... Don't. Please pleaseee don't do this." I pleaded with my body shaking.

The boys just ignored my outburst and continued to sign the adoption papers. I was on the floor in a ball crying to my hearts content.

I felt a pair of hands lift my numb body and place me on their hip. I cautiously look up to see Louis's bright eyes looking at me as he kissed my forehead.

My body was tense as I desperately tired to wiggle myself out of his grip.

Finally he gave up and set me on the ground as we stepped outside. Nows my chance...

I quickly ran as fast as I could down the side walk, disregarding the sobs that are slowing me down. I could hear a set of running footsteps gain on me, as someone snakes their hand around my waste and pull me into them.

Kicking and screaming, Liam carried me to the black SUV waiting for us. "Shhh Maddie, everythings all right. We're not going to hurt you sweet heart." Liam attempted to coo in my ear as he seated me in the car on someone's lap.

I went from Zayn's lap, to the middle seat of him and Harry. I guess they don't trust me to be by the door because I would make a run for it.

Harry leaned across my chest with a seat beat and I flinched back with a helpless whimper escaping my lips. He just gave me a reassuring smile and buckled me in.

I brought my legs up to my chest and continued to cry on the silent car ride to their house.

Zayn's POV:

Maddie is so scared of us, she won't stop crying and flinching when we try to touch her. Something really bad must have happened in her life. Poor little girl.

We finally pulled into our house and I very gently unbuckled Madison from here seat. I stepped out, and before Maddie could make a run for it, Niall took hold of her wrist pulling her forcefully along.

She desperately tried to get out of his grip, and I could tell even though her shirt was covering her skin, that his grip was hurting her.

Niall noticed too, and loosens his grip a little, continuing to drag her inside.

Once he had her inside he was more gentle and loosened his grip to hold Maddie's hand, but she quickly flinched away with a shaky breathe.

Liam stepped in and guided her towards the couch, sitting her down.

Her sobs became less frequent as her tears began to slow. Us lads all stood around her not knowing what to do. I had no idea why she was so scared.

She looked up at us with pure fear in her beautiful blue eyes.

"Maddie, honey, don't be scared. None of us are going to hurt you. Your perfectly safe, I promise." Louis said trying to comfort her.

After about five minutes her tears completely stopped and she looked up with a hard expression on her face.

"W- what do you want with me?" She asked like something terrible was going to happen to her.

"Maddie, we aren't going to hurt you, or do anything bad to you, we don't want anything from you. " Harry said sitting next to her and attempted to pat her leg but she moved away.

"You hungry love?" Niall asks with the intent of changing the subject.

She shook her head but Niall said, "Well you look starving.." He said as he walked to the kitchen to make her food.

Madison's POV

Five minutes after Niall went in the kitchen he called us all in to eat. I followed after Zayn into the kitchen.

There were six plates full of food. Mac and cheese, big sandwiches, and chips. Harry grabbed one for me and lead me to a table to eat. Once everyone was seated, I sat down at the table to join them.

There was soooo much food! I hardly ever eat. I eat maybe once every two days, I not anorexic or anything. I am just simply never hungry.

I could feel five pairs of eyes burning holes through me. I gently picked up my fork and took a small bite of mac and cheese. As soon as I swallowed I wanted to get sick.

"Sooo Madison, tell us about yourself.." Liam said very awkwardly, attempting to break the ice.

I slowly looked up saying, "Umm well, I guess theres not much to tell. I've been in and out of the orphanage for a year now. We were all home schooled, but I kinda skipped a lot of grades so I don't have to do school work." I didn't really know what else to say so I just kinda stopped there.

"Where were you before the orphanage." Louis asks.

No. I'm not talking about this with them. They are never going to find out about that. No one knows, except my journal if you count that, but other then that I don't tell people and I refuse to talk about it.

"I lived with my parents." I said very softly taking another bite, but quickly regretting.

"I uh. I really like your house." I said hopefully changing the subject.

"Its your home too now!" Zayn exclaims with a bright expression.

'No its not! After you rape me and beat me I'll be right back at that hell hole!' I thought to myself.

All the boys had inhaled their food leaving nothing on there. I on the other hand have only had two bites of mac and cheese and I think I'm about to get sick.

"Are you done?" Harry asks with a disapproving expression.

"Yes sir. I'm just not hungry." I said praying it was an ok answer.

Liam knelt down to take my plate for me as Louis knelt down on his knees. We were now at the same eye level and he rested a hand on my knee, he didn't even move it when I flinched.

"Madison, there are some rules in this house you need to know ok?" He said with a stern voice.

I nodded my head wildly with fear.

"Number 1: You don't have to call any of us sir, feel free to call us what ever you like. Number 2: At meals you have to eat as much as we tell you, but we'll let tonight slide. Number 3: When ever we ask something important, honey you need to answer truthfully. You need to know that none of us are going to hurt you. I know you have had a hard past, but thats all over now. You are safe and none of us are going to let anything bad happen to you. But you have to let us in love." Louis said.

I just simply nodded my head. People have told me that I'm safe, people have told me they won't hurt me, people lie. I knew I was going to lie to the boys about the hard stuff. But for now, I will nod my head make them think everythings ok.

Louis pulled me in for a hug as my tense body slowly wrapped my arms around his neck, to make him happy. He scooted me closer and lifted me up resting me on his hip.

"Lets go see your new room!" He said with a bright happy smile.

He walked us through the door to see Harry, Niall, Zayn, and Liam standing in the room with proud faces.

The room itself was beautiful. It had a hanging queen sized bed. With the ceiling tiffany blue, with a white bow painted across the middle as if it were a tiffany box. The floor is was is called runway floor were it likes up different colors and designs. The wall behind my bed was white with black traced stars, the right wall was a huge british flag, the left wall was white with big black cross, the wall that faced my bed had wall paper on it and a beautiful orange fire place. It was defiantly crazy, but to my surprise it all complement everything very well. And its not like I know a lot about whats cool and stuff, being in an orphanage does that to you.

Louis's POV

I was still holding Maddie as she looked around with a priceless expression. I set her down so she could look around. Us lads just had the biggest smiles on our face as we watched our adorable little girl walk around her new room.

"Don't get to excited just yet, theres more!" Harry said grabbing her hand. Surprisingly she didn't flinch this time.

Harry's smile just grew larger at this as we walked her over to left wall were there was a door. He opened it to relieve an all white bathroom with a huge bath tub, shower, and vanity. It was all different types of cool white tiles and then in the middle of the wall with the shower theres a brick wall covered in cool graffiti.

We lead her out to her closet right next to the bathroom. The closet is a walk in with a runway and one wall has mirrors with window displays. It was all so neat. Our stylist did a good job. (AN: That whole discribtion is what my room looks like, so I'll post pictures later)

"You really shouldn't have
done all this. I mean this is too much, thank you so much." Maddie's adorable little voice chirped. Harry picked her up and walked her over to her bed and sat down with her in his lap. Liam came to one side and Niall the other, with Zayn and I across from them.

Now it was time to break the news to her....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

882K 37.4K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
853K 45.3K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
939K 16.1K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
951K 31.6K 58
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...