Paradox of Time

Bởi Yel_lue04

When I opened my eyes, people seem to be displeased that I did so. It seems like, they wish I was asleep for... Xem Thêm

#1: Locked Up
#2: Closet Game
#3: The Arrogant Lady
#4: Tutor's Dilemma
#5: Who She Likes
#6: Unknown Person
#7: The Silver Head Maid
#8: Another Character
#9: 15th Birthday
#10: Deep Inside
#11: Snakes And Rats
#12: Hand Raised
#13: It's Not A Dream
#14: Welcome To My Life
#15: Growing Up
#16: Who Will Go Home
#17: Extension
#18: Hero's Welcome
#19: She Came Back
#20: Coping Up
#21: Replacement For The Prince
#22: Finally, Last Day
#23: Who Left and Stayed?
#24: First Task
#25: Finding Answers
#26: Tea Time
#27: Assured By Your Words
#28: Execution
#29: Just Yesterday
#30: GREAT ESCAPES
#31: Misfits
#32: Uncaged
#33: To Be Free
#34: Shocking News
Special Chapter: The Sea
#35: Across the Ocean
#36: Incident At The Wedding
#37: The Sight of Your Back
#38: A Day-Off
#40: The Fall of Andaria
#42: As Promised: The End
Final Special: Falling Again

#41: A Glimpse of You

169 9 2
Bởi Yel_lue04

"It felt like I was drowning in a long dream"

I wish I could experience the same. Maybe, when I get transported to a different world, I could live an easier life. In that world, can I exist with my brother without the threat of being chosen of who should be left alive? The thought of rebellion crept into my bones immobilizing me? If my father, who was revered by many neighboring Kingdoms would be put in this surprise attack, how could my inexperience leadership solve this? 

Am I allowed to say this? It's truly lonely, to be on the top. 

Also, I wondered if in that world...

Am I allowed to chose the one I love rather than loving that one I chose?

Crown Prince's Room

Slowly gaining consciousness, he suddenly felt the pain all over his body. Still wanting to immerse in his self-talk, he continued lying down with his eyes close. She could hear someone humming a comforting song. If he opens his eyes, what would be the first reaction of that person. If he opens his mouth, what would be the first thing that would leave his mouth. This was one of those days where he would like to recreate his acting of being sick just to get away from his responsibilities when he was younger. If he becomes the emperor, will he be forgiven for resting for a little more?

He opened his eyes and was welcomed with the sight of a woman's back. It was a surprise that she was the one who he saw first thing after waking up from a nightmare. The woman saw her and gasped. She frantically looked for something to do. She carefully poured water into the glass. 

"Drink, Your Highness", she said nervously. She seems to have paler skin and also eyes that show a sleepless night. He slowly sat down and was assisted by the woman. "Should I get something else? The head maid is still attending to His Grace. Should I get someone else?", she panicked. Xylan reached out his hand signaling her to get closer. "Thank you for taking care of me", Xylan smiled. Her presence was always soothing. She could be clumsy at times but when she put on a brave front, he couldn't help but appreciate her courage. 

Claudia nodded and sat on the bed. "You were unconscious for four days already. I'm so glad you opened your eyes, Your Highness", Claudia's eyes warmed. "How about Liam?", he flinched. "Sir Liam is already fine. He broke some bones but the doctor said he'll recover after some time", Claudia informed. "About Ele...", Xylan paused. "Ellie is still at the secret passage where you were found. His father already tried to convince her to leave but she kept digging into the rubbles", Claudia said with a weak voice. "I see", Xylan drank the water she served. "Would you like me to call her instead?", Claudia sheepishly asked. 

"It's fine. I wonder what would I feel if I saw her this time. I can't also ask Aileen to stay by my side. Claudia, I deeply apologize. This time, I find your presence just comforting", Xylan gave her a gentle look. Claudia felt her chest tighten. "You don't have to apologize, your highness. Also, I don't deserve such apologies. I am just glad my presence brings you comfort", Claudia flushed and was about to stand when Xylan grabbed her arm. "Tell me, Lady Claudia. Would you want to become the Empress?", Xylan's eyes were gentle and Claudia felt like being honest. Claudia paused hoping her heart wouldn't jump from her chest. She breathed deeply focusing on the warmth coming from Xylan's hands. 

She attempted to look at Xylan's eyes but averted right away. "Look at me", Xylan ordered. Claudia went stiff and looked at his blue eyes. She swallowed a dry gulp. "Your Highness. Can I just tell you this story of mine? You are supposed to be resting or even helping your father but I am stealing this time", Claudia gently removed Xylan's hand. The prince nodded. "When Eleanor dragged me to peek at you in this Palace, I tried to take my eyes away from you. If she finds out that I'm also looking at you, I wonder what she'll do. But then, she suddenly changed. Because of that, I wasn't that scared to look at the man she fell in love with. Back then, I was curious. What part of you did she actually like? I just tried to convince myself that you're the man who could make her one of the most powerful figures of the Kingdom. But then, I slowly watched you. I was able to get a glimpse of you from different angles. If I was also that confident like Eleanor, could I have seen more of your sides as well?", Claudia nervously chuckled. 

She stood up and gently pushed Xylan to lie down on the bed. "I'll be calling the doctor, Your Highness", Claudia smiled. Her hands weren't shaking, Xylan looked at her small hands. 

Secret Passage

"You're not supposed to be here. I picked some flowers and made you some headdress", Oliver placed it on the lady's head. 

Eleanor's hands are getting tired from carrying rubbles. Her voice grew hoarse screaming Keane's name. "Eleanor, it's already noon. Let's get some rest and come back tomorrow", Jenos pulled her shoulder. "Liam said Keane is buried here. If we lose just one day, he might lose oxygen", Eleanor's eyes are reddened. Jenos sighed and stepped back. 

Someone pulled Eleanor's shoulder rougher. "Eleanor, don't be such a drag. You're going to collapse again. Your father wishes for you to go back home", Oliver shouted on her face. "Didn't you hear me? Keane, he will-", Eleanor took a closer view of what was behind her all this time. A sight of soldiers who kept digging without break. More of it, Jenos' hands are already bleeding from carrying rocks. "Jenos, why-", Eleanor grabbed on his hand. He remained silent. "We'll never stop until we find him so please take a rest", one of the soldiers bowed very low. 

"Jenos, the prince will be found, right?", she pulled the man for a hug. She felt guilty for having him use his precious hands to carry on piles of rock. 

Carriage

Eleanor's eyes were dropping but she resisted the drowsiness. "You're amazing", Jenos looked outside the window and saw the sun setting. Eleanor's eyes warmed and she leaned on the carriage's wall. "Why didn't you leave me?", Eleanor pressed her lips together. "You were always beside someone else when they needed you the most. So, I wonder. Who might be someone who would be left by your side as well when you're in need", Jenos said without looking at her. 

Eleanor's head dropped on his lap. "Hey", Jenos looked down and saw she was sleeping. She fell forward. Jenos slowly moved by her side and let her head rest on his shoulder. "What a high-maintenance lady you are", Jenos sighed. 

Jenos saw the capital that was destroyed just for a night. Some buildings were spared but the others suffered in the hands of canons and new weaponry. If he could have reported during the wedding, would they be spared from the horror? He looked down at Eleanor's sleeping face. He also believed that Keane had nothing to do with the rebellion. His guts tell him so and another proof would be the fact that he appeared in the secret passage. According to Liam, he shot the Minister of Coin before the explosion happened and they were buried underground. If he were part of the rebellion, he wouldn't get himself placed at a greater risk of dying. Approaching the Crown Prince's front would pose tendencies of failure. 

The next day, 

House of Varian

Eleanor opened her eyes. She winked a few times and saw Charles sleeping while sitting. "You should at least use the bed", Eleanor had a weak smile. She hugged Charles waking the man. "I'm glad you're back", she tightened her hug. "Ah, welcome back. Ellie", Charles patted her head. "I'll be going back to the tunnel", she said. Charles hugged her tighter. "Ellie", he said with a soft voice. Eleanor felt a sudden rush of fear. 

"It's okay. You don't have to search anymore", Charles gently pushed her to look at her face. Eleanor's face brightened up. "He's already found", Charles had tears in his eyes. Her brightened face suddenly went into a slump. She burrowed her face on Charles' shoulders. Charles was fortunate to stay with the lady the moment she heard the news. 

Palace

Throne Room

The houses were gathered with the noblemen and high merchants. In the middle is a huge portrait of the one they once labeled as a rebel. The priest performed the cleansing ritual. Eleanor walked slowly and stood beside Claudia who was in tears. She felt like her tear ducts dried after crying that much. She hasn't understood everything but it seems like Jenos was able to talk things out with the Council and the Emperor. 

Eleanor looked around and saw Aileen with a straight face. She was startled and her feet started to move on their own. Someone went in between and held Eleanor's hand. "Please", Xylan suddenly appeared. Eleanor stopped moving. Xylan didn't let go of her hand. "Inside that casket is a burnt body that couldn't be distinguished", Xylan said with a soft voice. "I remembered what you said Liam before. You were engrossed in telling him a story and you said this", Xylan pulled a long pause.

"Unless you haven't seen the body, you're not sure if the person is dead", Xylan bent down and whispered. 

Eleanor looked at Aileen and somehow understood what might be running in her mind. With a little light of hope, her heart finally found a way to gradually rest. 

Chapter end. 

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

235K 3.6K 49
this is my first story, so please bear with it all characters and pictures that appear in this story are not owned by me. this will be a harem story
56.9K 1.7K 24
I'm tired. I did my best, no one acknowledged me. It seems to be hell wherever I go or do. I died and reincarnated. When can I stop acting? "END MY M...
41.3K 992 8
"The fear in your eyes is palpable. Begging me to stop will only make me go harder." "Please my Lord, don't do this! I'm not ready- I'm scared..." Th...
27.5K 852 16
╰⋯➤"Tʜɪs ɴɪɢʜᴛ ɪs sᴘᴀʀᴋʟɪɴɢ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ɢᴏ." "I ᴀᴍ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ sᴛʀᴜᴄᴋ ʙʟᴜsʜɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ʜᴏᴍᴇ." 》The woman found herself in a str...