Manan - Hold My Hand

Da aanchal_89

Manik Malhotra, CEO of Malhotra Groups, He is a private person and likes to have his own space. He has a few... Altro

"Introduction"
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1

Chapter 23

9.9K 868 132
Da aanchal_89

Nandini was dressed comfortably in her shorts and strapped top. She sat on her bed as she watched the series with her eyes moving to her phone once in a while.

"I am an idiot. I am supposed to be angry at him.",Nandini said flipping her phone and watching the series silently.

She got tired after a while and watched the time. It was quite late.

She shut the laptop and got freshened up ready to sleep.

Her eyes moved to her phone again and she picks it up.

"He didn't call.",She murmured and felt angry at herself for getting her hopes high.

She turned other side as she thought about everything half asleep and felt her phone vibrate.

She picked it up lazily.

"Hello?",She whispered a little sleepy.

"Nandini",She heard Manik's voice and sighed.

"Yes.",She said a little happy but upset too.

"Were you sleeping? I am sorry it took longer.",he said and she nodded cuddling with her pillow.

" Can we talk?",He asked in a whisper and she hummed.

"I am sorry.",he said and she nodded.

"It's fine Manik. I get it you had so many things going on. I should've been more understanding about it.",She said and he frowned.

" Can you not do that please.",Manik said and she gets confused.

" I know I was at fault and I am apologizing for that. So don't take the blame on and make it look like you were the one who was wrong. It makes me feel more guilty.",Manik said to her and she sighed.

" It's fine Manik.",She whispered and there was a comfortable silence.

Nandini wanted to ask him if he was okay, what is he thinking but kept quiet letting him take the initiative to talk to her.

"Nandini",he whispered and she hummed a yes.

"Is it... Is it okay to be nervous?",he asked and she blinked to register his words properly.

"Yes it is. Everything will be fine. You will be okay tomorrow.",Nandini said motivating him and he gave a small smile.

"I don't know why I feel things will not go as I planned. Its scary to not be in control of your life.",Manik whispered and she held the phone to her other ear.

"It's okay to go with the flow and let loose sometimes. You don't always have to control it. Sometimes things fall apart to fall in place.",Nandini said and he smiled feeling a little at peace hearing her.

" It feels nice talking to you.",Manik confessed and a blush covered her cheeks at the compliment.

" Go to sleep Manik. You will have a long day tomorrow.",She said as she tried to keep her eyes open.

" Thank you.",He said and she smiled.

" Goodnight Manik.",She whispered before putting the phone down and falling asleep with a smile on her face.

Manik entered his office building and found eyes on him.

He ignored them and walked to his office.

Sara gave him his coffee and a brief of his appointments.

He nodded as he drank his coffee.

"The press conference is in an hour.",Sara said and he nodded again.

" Can you get me another coffee?",he asked and she nodded leaving him alone.

He went through some files for some time before Sara knocked on his door.

He picked his coat and put it on as he walked out confidently.

His phone pinged and he took it out and saw it was messages in their whatsapp group. His friends wishing him luck.

'Don't be nervous'

Nandini had messaged him privately and he rolled his eyes as he walked inside with a smile on his face.

Everyone started clicking pictures as he walked in and took his seat at the front. His PR sitting beside him with Sara on the other side.

All the media people were seated at the front very eager to ask questions.

Manik took a look around and nodded.

"Thank you for coming on my behalf. I really appreciate that you guys kept my words and didn't follow me around. Thank you.",Manik started and they nodded as some took notes while others clicked pictures.

"Before you guys start with the questions. I would like to explain everything that happened the day the voice recording is of. You guys can ask questions after that.",Manik said and they nodded.

Manik went on to explain everything and some of them agreed with him.

"So this is what happened that day. Now I will answer your questions one by one.",Manik said and almost everyone raised their hand.

The PR pointed at one and he asked his question.

"Do you have any proof to justify your statement?",He asked and Manik smiled knowing it was coming.

"Sure. You guys believe that pictures and voice recording can tell the truth so I have pictures and videos from that day. You guys can see it yourself. Sara will send it to all of you.",Manik said and nodded at Sara who sent all of them the photos and videos.

They looked at their phones and Manik nodded.

"Next",The PR said and a person stood up.

"How are you going to explain not taking any women in your team? ",He asked and Manik looked at him raising an eyebrow.

" What is your position in your company?",Manik asked him.

He gets shocked and turned here and there surprised at the counter question.

" I work under the main team and cover most of the press conference.",He replied proud of his achievement.

" That's great. Why do you think the manager choose you not someone else. Is it because your manager is gay and likes to have men around him?",Manik questioned and the PR turned to him surprised at his words.

" No. What type of stupid question is that? It was because of my talent and hardwork.",He said frowning.

" Thank you so much for answering your own question. You can sit down.",Manik said with a smirk.

" As my friend here answered for me. If you are talented and hardworking then there's no reason why I won't take you in my team. Sara is with me 24/7 and helps me with my work and I believe she is a woman too. So there's no question about gender.",Manik said and they nodded at that.

There were a lot of questions and he answered them all one by one.

Nandini was in her office packing her things.

"Aditya get me the file for the Oberoi designs. I have a lunch meeting with them and also need the contract file. ",Nandini yelled for him and he got her things.

She went through the designs file and kept it in her bag before opening the contract file.

"Why isn't it signed?",She asked looking at him.

He looked at her surprised and took the file.

" I kept it at Manik's desk for him to sign.",Aditya said her.

She rubbed her forehead.

"Did you ask him to sign it?",Nandini asked and he slowly nodded in no.

"Soniya used to sign them without me saying so I thought..",he said guilty.

" Aditya.",Nandini said taking a breath.

" Today is the last meeting with Mrs Oberoi. She has a flight today and agreed for a meeting because I requested her. She asked for the contract. What am I going to say to her?",Nandini said worried.

" I will mail her secretary the contract with Manik's signature soon.",Aditya said her.

" She wants to discuss it through with me. I wanted to wrap it up today. She will be back after 2 weeks.",Nandini said him.

" I will go to Mr.Malhotra office and get his signature and bring you the contract. I am sorry.",Aditya said seeing her disappointed.

" No no wait. Attend the meeting with Anjali and keep me updated. Manik's office is on the way to my meeting. I will take his signature and go for the meeting. Just call and inform Sara about it. He must be busy with the press conference.",Nandini said thinking about it and he nodded.

She took the files and started her car.

Manik was patiently answering their questions one by one. He glanced at Sara busy on her phone before looking at the media and answering them.

"Mr. Malhotra why don't you go to team dinners with your team? .",One of them asked.

"I am sure none of you guys would enjoy having your boss at your team dinners. It is because I want to give space to my employees and let them have fun bitching and cursing me. But if they want me to be there than I would join them.",Manik said him with a hint of joke in his answer.

All of them looked convinced.

Sara leaned a little closer to Manik away from the mic.

"Nandini is here. She has a meeting and needs your signature on some files. It's urgent.",Sara informed him.

" Ask her to wait for 5 minutes. The press conference is about to end.",Manik said her and she nods.

"I hope you all were satisfied with the answers. If there are no more questions..",he was cut off by someone on the first row and frowned a little.

" One last question Mr. Malhotra.",he said and Manik nodded.

"We know you are friends with Ms. Mukti and Mr. Cabir Dhawan for a long time and Mr. Dhawan had just made it official to dating Ms. Navya. But it looks like you are quite close to Ms. Nandini Murthy too. You worked with her recently and it doesn't look like a professional relationship. Is she your girlfriend? Are you dating her? ",he asked and Manik frowned thinking about what's going on.

"We are friends outside work and No she isn't my girlfriend.",he replied firmly and tried to end the press conference.

"The pictures says otherwise. ",He argued and Manik frowned not liking the turn of events.

" And what did it say because I am sure to me it looked like 5 friends hanging out and having fun playing games. ",Manik said annoyed a little.

" I am not talking about the one you posted. Ofcourse you guys looked cute together not to forget your name tattooed on her leg but about the other photos. It doesn't look like you guys are just friends.",he said and soon everyone's phone blinks and Manik looked at his PR who forwarded her phone and Manik saw pictures of them from various days. There were pictures of Manik picking her up from her house. From the coffee shop and also from the day they went to the local market.

Soon there was a chaos as every other person tried to ask questions.

"Silence please. I will be answering your questions for the final time and I won't entertain any of you guys stalking me or my friends ever again. I will make sure to file a case against it. I don't find it necessary to explain about the events of this pictures because to me it looks like two friend hanging out and getting work done. I don't care if you guys believe my words or not. Ms. Nandini Murthy is a good friend of mine and I hope that's clear for everyone. I would appreciate you guys not interfering in my personal life. ",Manik said and they tried to ask more questions but he stood up.

He turned and saw the door to conference room open a little as Nandini took two steps inside.

He gave a glare to Sara before starting to walk near Nandini but before he could reach near her she was surrounded by the media surprising her.

"Ms. Murthy. Are you and Mr. Malhotra just friends?"

"What do you have to say about the photos?"

" Are you his girlfriend?"

" Ms.Murthy Please answer."

Nandini closed her eyes at the flashes being sharp and tried to get away but couldn't with the media around her.

Soon the security pushed them away and Manik walked closer to her.

She sighed in relief looking at him.

"Manik, What's going on?",Nandini asked grabbing his arm still shaken up from moments before.

Manik gave her an assuring nod and hid her behind him before taking her outside the room with him as the security kept the media out.

He pulled her inside his office and sara walked in following him.

"I told you to ask her to wait.",Manik raised his voice at Sara a little.

" I am sorry Manik.",Sara apologized.

" It's not her fault. She told me to wait but then someone said the press conference is over and I was getting late for the meeting so I came in.",Nandini said slowly looking down.

" 5 minutes Nandini you couldn't wait for 5 minutes.",Manik yelled frustrated running a hand through his hairs and she kept looking down not saying a word.

" I am sorry. Just sign them and I will leave immediately.",She said after a while and he looked at her and found her still scared.

" Reschedule it.",Manik said to Sara and Nandini looked at him.

" No it's important. I need to get it done by today. She will not be available.",Nandini tried to reason with him.

" Sara I said reschedule it. I am your boss. I give orders.",Manik said and Sara nodded and got out immediately.

Nandini opened her mouth to argue but he glared at her and she shuts up.

He tried to calm himself and glanced at her.

She was shaking.

"Sit down.",he said and she nodded in no.

"Nandini sit down.",he said softly this time and she took a seat on the sofa.

He poured water on the glass and gave it to her.

"Drink it.",he asked and she took a small sip and kept it aside.

He sighed and knelt down infront of her.

"You okay?",he asked and she nodded looking down.

He grabbed her hands and looked at them.

There were fingerprint marks on her skin from the people trying to grab her to get her attention and he frowned rubbing his thumb over them.

"Does it hurt?",he asked and she nodded in no.

"I have a sensitive skin.",She said slowly.

"Look at me.",he asked and put his hand on her chin and made her look at him when she didn't.

"Are you okay?",he asked and she just stared at him.

"I am sorry. I had everything planned.  Things were going smoothly but then I don't know how it turned. I was trying to calm it down and you came in and they all jumped at you. I will make sure they don't do this again or trouble you in any way. I am so sorry. I had no idea how they got pictures of us together. I didn't mean to drag you in my problem. ",Manik tried to explain himself.

" It's fine. It's not your fault. ",Nandini said finally and he frowned.

" Why can't you get angry or upset at me when it's my fault? You need to stop saying It's fine. It annoys me to hell. ",Manik said irritated and she looked at him.

" Manik I don't know what you want me to do but I am not going to get angry at you for something that's not your fault. You didn't ask them to click pictures of us. You didn't spread the rumour. It's all them. How can I blame you for this? ",She said upset at the events and he looked at her.

"I will fix this. I promise. ",He said holding her cheeks and rubbing his thumb over them lightly to comfort her.

The PR knocked at his door before walking in.

Manik gave a glare at her direction as Nandini got away from him.

"I didn't ask you to come in.",Manik said standing up and she looked down scared a little.

"It was urgent. I needed to discuss few things.",She said and Manik nodded.

She looked at Nandini and Nandini stood up to leave.

"Stay back.",Manik told her softly and gave a small smile and she sits down.

The PR looked at him.

"You know all of this could have been avoided if you had just followed my advice and pretended that you had a girlfriend. Now you created another mess and even got angry at the media. I can't even think about what they are gonna write. ",She said him annoyed.

" What if I did and brought someone else to pretend my girlfriend and they would have shown this pictures. So what would they have labelled me as first it was gay then a player and when truth comes out a cheater and liar. This is what you wanted. ",Manik said sarcastically and she frowned at him.

" I am just trying to help you.",She said firm and he looked at her and sighed.

"Look the comments are not that negative right now. Just stay low for a while it will die down. There are rumours going on about you dating. You have already confirmed you guys are friends. It's for the best if we don't do anything right now. It's going to just spoil it more. People are getting on your side and also apologizing for earlier. Some media houses are publishing about the research they did on you so it's a good thing. Just stay low. ",She advised him and he gave her a nod.

" I will leave now and keep you updated.",She said and glanced at Nandini once before leaving.

" I will leave too Manik. I have lots of work. ",She said him and he nodded.

" I will drop you. No arguments.",he said and she agreed not wanting to be alone with her thoughts.

Their phone starts ringing and they looked at each other.

"Navya"

"Cabir"

They whispered and went to pick up the call.

"What the hell is going on?",Cabir asked surprised and Manik tried to calm him down and explain him.

Nandini was busy explaining Navya on the other side.

She sighed after assuring her and came back to see Manik still talking with cabir as he came closer to her.

"Let's go.",he signalled and she nodded.

"Cabir, I will talk to you at home... Yes we are fine... I am just dropping her back. No, don't do anything now. I will discuss with you. ",Manik talked with him as they reached the parking area from his private lift.

He gave his driver Nandini's keys to bring it and gestured her to get in his car.

"Can you drive?",He asked as he gestured at the phone.

She nodded and got in.

She started driving back as she glanced in between hearing Manik explain Cabir.
He finally hanged up and she turned to him.

"What did he say?",Nandini asked him.

"He was just worried about everything. ",Manik said as he looked out.

Nandini's phone rings and she looks at it before looking at Manik.

He glanced at her for not picking up the call and finds her looking at him instead.

He looks at the caller ID once before looking away with a shrug and she picks it up and puts it on speaker.

"Are you Okay?",he asked the first thing a little rushed.

Manik looked at her.

" I am fine, Ishaan.",she replied.

" Where are you? Let's meet.",he asked and she thinks about it.

" I am driving back to my office. I am fine. It's not needed.",Nandini assured him.

He sighed a little.

" Okay if you need any help than just call. I have many connections I will help you with anything. And don't worry or overthink. Everything is going to be fine.",He said softly and Nandini smiled.

" Thank you.",she said in reply.

"I was in a meeting and then I heard the news. I was so worried about you. I am glad you are fine. Also I hope it isn't true but I can't help but wonder about it. ",Ishaan said and Nandini glanced at Manik who raised his eyebrows amused.

"You avoided my question yesterday when I asked you about it.",Ishaan was continuing and Manik furrowed his eyebrows.

" Ishaan.",Nandini cut him off and he stops speaking.

"I am driving.",She said a little embarassed as Manik stared at her curious.

"Yes you said that before.",Ishaan said stating the obvious and Manik chuckled as Nandini slapped her forehead.

"Nandini What do you want to say?",Ishaan asked not hearing back from her for some time.

"Hello Mr. Singhaniya. Manik here. You were on speaker and Nandini is quite embarassed right now to talk.", Manik said in her behalf as she grew red in embarassment.

"Hello Mr. Malhotra. Nice to talk to you. I was looking forward to meeting you at the weekend charity event.",Ishaan said with a formal tone and Nandini heard it for the first time.

"I would love to. I have heard some nice things about you.",Manik said in reply smirking at Nandini who just looked away blushing.

" From Nandini? ",Ishaan asked hopefully and Manik smirks.

"Yes. She has very nice things to say about you. Infact a lot of things.",Manik said smiling teasing her and she slapped his legs.

"I can't believe it. Well if you really need any help with this you can tell me. I have some friends in the media. They will put down the articles and won't broadcast rumours. ",Ishaan said and Manik looked at her.

" Thank you. I appreciate it.",he said and Ishaan agreed.

"Nandini I need to go now. I will talk to you later and also think about the offer and tell me later about it. It was nice talking to you Mr. Malhotra. ",Ishaan said.

" Same here. ",Manik replied.

" I will call you later.",Nandini said and hung up.

" What was that? You were enjoying embarassing me.", Nandini said irritated and he smiled.

" What was the question you avoided. It seemed like he asked about us? Is it?",Manik asked teasing and she looked away.

" I didn't. He speaks nonsense. ",Nandini said blushing and Manik smiled enjoying it.

"At least tell me about the offer he was talking about?",Manik asked her.

"He has a producer friend who needs a designer for the actress in his web series. Ishaan suggested my name and wants to know if I want to. His friend will get in contact with us. I was thinking to talk to you about it today. ",Nandini said him and Manik nodded.

" I don't see anything wrong in this. If you want to then go ahead you have my approval. ",Manik said and she smiled and thanked him.

They reached the office and got out.

"Listen I had made sure they wouldn't follow you but be careful and call me immediately if there's any problem.",Manik said and she nodded.

" I will get going.",She said and he looked at her.

" Nandini",he called and she turned to him.

" Take care.",he said and she gave him a smile.

Nandini entered the office and they were gossips going on. Everyone grew silent watching her before whispering to themselves.

Aditya walked in and gave them a glare and sighed in relief seeing Nandini.

"I am sorry.",he apologized and she nodded.

"I am fine. Update me about the meeting.",She asked and he stared at her and nodded knowing from experience its good to have her occupied.

The following days went quite busy which she appreciated. The rumours died down soon.

She stayed low and had not met Manik since that day. She talked to him over phone but avoided meeting him. It would be a lie if she said she didn't miss watching his face but it was the best for both of them.

She met Cabir when he was home and was happy that he was not weird with her. She was scared he would go back to being protective about Manik and behave distant with her but she appreciated how he cared and worried for her. It made her happy to have someone for her.

Nandini accepted the offer of designing the actress and started working for the web series. She met the actress and to be honest she wasn't happy with her attitude but kept it formal.

Manik was busy with his project and hardly visited Couch Fashions. Everything that needed to be signed were sent to Sara by Aditya.

It had been two weeks and things were going smoothly.

Manik came back late and lay down on the sofa tired.

He felt Oscar bark and then jump on his stomach and smiled.

"I am hungry.",Manik said patting him.

Oscar got down and ran to the kitchen and came back with his bowl that had oscar written on it.

He sat infront of Manik waiting for his food and Manik smiled.

"You are hungry too.",Manik said with a smile and went to kitchen and got his food and gave it to him.

He looked at the fridge and wondered what to eat.

"Should I order?",he asked looking at oscar who was busy eating his own food.

He picked his phone and goes through his contacts to order.

His eyes falls on Nandini's contact and stops.

"Should I ask her? It's been long I met her.",Manik thought about it.

He called her not thinking much about it.

She picked it after a while and a smile formed on his lips hearing her.

"Are you home?",he asked her.

"No still in office. Had some work it took time.",She said as she sighed and leaned into her chair.

" Did you have your dinner?",he asked hoping for her to say no.

"No I will just wrap things here and then go home and order something. I am just too tired to cook.",Nandini said and he smiled.

" I will pick you up in 20 minutes and we will go for dinner. I don't want to cook too and I am hungry. ",Manik said and she was surprised.

" It's fine Manik. I will order a pizza.",She tried to explain.

"I will be there in 20 minutes. Don't make me wait.",he repeated ignoring her and she sighed nodding.

He picked his jacket he threw and walked out giving a hug to Oscar who just barked in reply.

He was excited for some reason.

He reached her office and gave her a call leaning against his car.

She came down in a minute and he took his time to stare at her as she walked towards him.

A smile on his face to see her after a long time.

"Hey.",he said and she replied with a smile too.

They got inside the car and he started driving.

" Where are we going?",She asked him.

"There is a good Italian restaurant. I hope you are okay with it.",he said looking at her.

" I am so hungry I can eat anything.",She said and he smiled before leaning over near her and opening the dashboard.

He took out a packet of M&Ms and gave it to her.

"It will take time to order.", He said and she took it and started having it choosy with the colors.

"You know I am hungry too.",He said after a while of waiting for her to offer him but found her busy eating herself.

She bites her lip embarassed and took out a green one and forwarded to him.

She waited for him to take but he didn't and looked up to found him with his mouth open.

He waited before turning to her and saw her staring at him.

He looked away embarassed before forwarding his hand as she brought it near his mouth.

They stared at each other and he gave a small smile taking it from her hands and having it himself.

She kept giving him the green ones as she had the other colors and he noticed.

"Why are you giving me the green ones only?",he asked after a while and she smiled.

" I don't like them.",She said with an innocent shrug and he smiled shaking his head.

" Doesn't mean I have to eat it.",he said and she turned to him.

" Yes you have to. We can't waste it.",She said smiling innocently again and he looked away.

They reached the restaurant and took a seat by the window. It had an amazing view to the city.

"This is why I love coming here.",Manik said and she agreed with him.

They ordered their dishes and talked about random things as they waited for their order.

"Enjoy your food.",The waiter said giving a smile as he served the wine staring at Nandini.

Manik smirked looking at him and then glanced at Nandini who had already took a bite to her dish.

"This is amazing.",She said as soon as she tasted it and he smiled and nodded taking a bite of his.

" This is better.",he said eating his food and she frowned.

"I don't believe it. Here taste it.",she said forwarding him the spoon and he looked at her.

She realised something and whispered sorry putting her spoon down.

"Its fine.",he said stopping her hands and looked at the spoon hesitant before taking a bite from it.

She felt her heart flutter at the way he stared at her before taking a bite and put the spoon down.

"Still mine is better.",he said proud and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Let me have a bite.",She said leaning closer and he nodded in no pulling his plate closer to him.

"You will finish mine.",he said as a fact and she rolled her eyes.

"Don't be childish. I just shared mine with you.",She said and he thought about it.

" Fine I will give it. One bite only.",he said and she rolled her eyes again at that.

He took a spoon and offered her.

She looked at his forwarded hands and he gestured to eat.

She takes a bite and gave a big smile to him as he gave a knowing look.

"Can we swap? Please.", She said giving him a puppy face and he nods in no pulling the plate closer.

"Please Please Please.",She said pouting and he chuckled.

" Fine half half.",he said with a sigh and she almost cheered before looking around.

They ate half of their food before swaping it.

Nandini looked at his plate.

"Why are there so many capsicum? It's like eating capsicum and not the dish.", She asked with a frown and he smiled.

" I don't like it so I left it for you.",He said smirking.

"That doesn't mean I have to eat it.",Nandini said pouting as she took a bite.

" We can't let it go waste. Right darling?",he teased and she looked at him with blush on her cheeks and focused on the food.

He realised a second later what he said before shrugging it off.

Nandini drank the wine and relaxed at its fine taste.

Manik asked for the bill and they waited as Nandini sipped her wine.

The waiter got the bill and Manik paid for it.

They came out and she turned to him.

"Thank you for the dinner. It was amazing.",She said smiling and he smiled back.

" I am glad you enjoyed it.",Manik said as they walked to his car.

She grabbed his hand and he turned to her.

" Let's have ice-cream.",Nandini said pointing at the small stall and Manik looked at her before looking at the stall.

"We could have ordered dessert inside.",Manik said and She bite her lips.

" Please.",She said and he smiled and nodded.

Nandini ordered a choclate cone for both of them.

"Let's walk around.",She said and he gave a nod.

There was a complete silence as they walked on the side of the streets having ice cream as cars passed by them once in a while.

"Manik",She called and he turned to her.

"What's your dream?",She asked and he stared at her.

"I mean. What is something that you want in your life?",Nandini asked and he looked at her before looking at the front thinking about it.

"I don't know.",he said and she looked at him surprised.

"What do you mean?",she asked confused.

He glanced at her a little hesitant.

" In my life everything was already decided for me. They said I had to study hard, I did. They said someday I have to work in the family business. I worked hard for it. I had everything decided for me so I never really thought about what I want. Working hard for those things I never got time to dream about something else. I came to adapt it and enjoy it over time.",He said and she looked at him wondering how he spent his life and felt sad for him.

She wanted to say so many things. It made her so curious to know more about him.

She looked at him before wrapping her hands around his arms and leaning on his side as she walked with him.

He turned to her and smiled appreciating her silent comfort.

"What is your dream?",He asked turning to her.

She looked up at him wondering if she could be complete honest with him.

"It is childish. I want to live with people I can call my family. We would be together always and be there for each other.",She said and he smiled at her innocent dream.

" It isn't childish.",He said understanding where she is coming from and she smiled at him.

"Do you remember them? ",He asked her and she looked at him.

" Few memories are still there. When I was young I wrote it down so that growing up I still remember all of them. They have faded and whenever I read it feels quite distant like a story.",Nandini said and he just stared at her as she looked ahead.

" There's a memory of all of us together. I remember it like it happened yesterday. It was the day they died. It was my birthday and they had taken leave from hospital to celebrate with me. They both were doctors. College lovers. ",Nandini said with a smile and he smiled back.

" We had so much fun that day. I remember us sitting in a park. Dad was lying down on Mom's lap as she read him a book. I was playing with water bubbles that dad blew. It's something I don't think I am ever gonna forget. They were so happy together. ",Nandini said and he turned to her a little and saw her smiling brightly.

" What went wrong?",he asked hoping he didn't upset her.

"I don't know I heard from relatives and lawyer uncle. It was raining heavily my birthday night. They got a call from the hospital. It was an emergency. There was a bus accident and many people were injured. They left immediately putting me to bed. I couldn't sleep well with the thunder and harsh rain. The housekeep was downstairs inside her room.",Nandini said and he looked at her.

" I woke up the next day and they still were not home. It was not surprising they came late or early mornings from medical emergency. I went to our housekeep and she gave them a call but they didn't pick up. She dialed the hospital as the emergency contact and they told us that they got into an accident on the way to hospital. A truck driver lost his control due to heavy rain and crashed into their car. They died on the spot. ",Nandini said and he put his hand over hers that held his arm.

" I always thought Why them? Why so early but then lawyer uncle told me that when they found them in the car. They both were hugging each other. It calms me down thinking they had each other till their last moment. I am happy my last memory with them was a good one. Whenever I remember them I have a big smile on my face like I had that day. ",She said with a big smile and he managed to give her a small one back.

"After that our housekeeper took care of me for some days before she quit. Lawyer uncle got in contact with our distant relatives and they kept me with them for some time before not able to take burden. I kept jumping from one house to other before ending up in the orphanage. ",Nandini said and he looked at her.

" Did you meet Vihaan in the orphanage?",he asked and she stopped walking and he cursed himself for spoiling things.

" Yes I did but that's a story for some other time. Let's go back.",Nandini said with a smile and tried to go but he stops her.

He took a step closer and she looked at him surprised at the distance between them.

He leaned down a little hesitant and she looks at him wide eyed trying to calm her heartbeat.

He pressed his lips over her forehead and she sighed closing her eyes taking in the feeling.

"You have raised yourself well. They must be so proud of you. I know I am.",He whispered and she looked up at him.

She stared at his eyes and saw the sincerity in them. He was actually very proud of her.

Her eyes moves to his lips and she gulps down trying to look away but couldn't.

" Manik...I missed having you around",She whispered and he stared at her.

"Let's go.",he whispered finally as he stared at her for a long time debating what to say.

She nodded and he started walking.

Nandini realised something at that moment. She trusted him with all her heart. She was ready to give him her heart even if he was going to crush it. She could no more run away from her feelings.

Manik looked back and saw her still frozen at the place.

"Let's go. It's cold.",Manik said walking back to her and holding her hands in his as he walked her with him.

She just kept staring at him as they walked back to his car.

"Where are you lost?",Manik asked as he signalled her for the seat belt.

She quickly puts it on and shakes her head in no.

He started driving and she kept glancing at his direction.

He saw her staring at him and wondered is she upset because he didn't say anything back then but smirked a little enjoying her stares.

To tease her a little.

He unbuttoned the first two buttons of his shirt and she looks away taking a deep breath knowing his intentions.

He unfolds his sleeves to his elbow and she just rolled her eyes at his actions but enjoyed the view.

He stopped the car at her building and turned to her.

"I will leave. Thank you for the dinner. I had a great time. Goodnight",Nandini said and got out of the car.

"Goodnight",he said with a smile and wondered did he really upset her. She didn't even smile at him.

She was expecting something more and felt a little upset as she walked to her door.

"Nandini",She heard him call and turned back surprised.

"Yes?",She asked and he just stared at her before taking two steps forward and hugging her.

She looked at him surprised not expecting that and slowly wrapped her arms around him.

He smiled pulling her close and she sighed as she relaxed in his warmth and how good it felt to be in his arms after so long.

"I missed it too. I like having you around.",He said near her ears hugging her and a blush grew on her cheeks as she hid her face in his chest.

"I should get in.",Nandini said and he nodded still hugging her.

She smiled and looked up at him.

He pouts and pulled back.

"Goodnight.",he whispered and gestured her to go in as he walked back looking at her.

"Goodnight.",She whispered as she got in.

He sat in his car and sighed.

"Why didn't I want her to leave so soon? I feel like staying with her for some more time. Seems like I missed her more than I realised.",He said and sighed again before starting the car and driving home.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

513K 37.6K 23
Manik Malhotra, the name itself brings so many emotions in ones mind- love, passion, music and fear. He was a rock star and a businessman for the wor...
172K 8.4K 22
|82th position in romance| ******************************************* Two people. Two families. Friendship. And a combination of a rich arrogant an...
56.9K 2.8K 33
From I Don't Care About Her to 'SHE IS MINE' Manik Malhotra the only son of Malhotras...
93.5K 9.3K 57
#6 in Lifestory out of ~10K stories (June, 2021) When THE Nandini Murthy met Manik F*CKBOI Malhotra, during her undergrad days in New York, it was th...