Marichat: Always and Forever

By llailac

He stopped. He couldn't bear to continue. Those words... they- they scared him. He knew exactly why they s... More

-Part One- Chapter One: Fallen Angels
Chapter Two: The Beginning
Chapter Three: Confusion (Part 1)
Chapter Four: Confusion (Part 2)
Chapter Five: Crushing Crushes
Chapter Six: Tear Stained Cheeks
Chapter Seven: Car Crashes, Jealousies, and Reunions
Chapter Eight: Songs of The Past
Chapter Nine: Puffy Clouds and Confessions
Chapter Ten: Goodbye for Good
Chapter Eleven: A Black Butterfly in The Restroom
Chapter Twelve: Dandelions
Chapter Thirteen: Sleeping Beauty in her Garden of Thorns
Chapter Fourteen: "WE KISSED?!"
Chapter Fifteen: Hypothetical Questions
Chapter Sixteen: A Shift in The Night
Chapter Seventeen: Marinette Agreste
Chapter Eighteen: Movie Night
Chapter Nineteen: His Salvation, Her Destruction
Chapter Twenty: Secrets
Chapter Twenty-One: Chloe's Birthday
Chapter Twenty-Two: Explosive Desires
Chapter Twenty-Three: Before The Storm
Chapter Twenty-Four: A Chat and his Princess
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Reveal in the Dark
Chapter Twenty-Six: Poisoned Love
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Burning Secrets
Thank You!
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Kitten and Ladybug at The Deadly Crossroads
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Roses, Dandelions, and Sweaters
Chapter Thirty: Endgame
Chapter Thirty-One: Nightmares
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Darkest of Nights
Chapter Thirty-Three: This Would be The End
Part 2: Chapter Thirty-Four: Sealed Fates
-Part 2- Chapter Thirty Five: Most Wanted
Chapter Thirty-Six: Here and Back Again
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Living with the Agrestes
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Bad Guys
Chapter Thirty Nine: In The Rain
Chapter Forty-One: Rainy Nights
Chapter Forty-Two: Reveal
Chapter Forty-Three: The Truth
Chapter Forty-Four: The Butterfly Garden
Chapter Forty-Five: Playing with Fire
Chapter Forty-Six: Visiting Hours
Chapter Forty-Seven: When Luck Runs Out
Chapter Forty-Eight: Back on The Walls Once Again
Chapter Forty-Nine: An Akuma in The Shell of an (Almost) Dead Man
Chapter Fifty: Plummeting Towards The Dark
Chapter Fifty-One: Poison
Chapter Fifty-Two: Dรฉjร  Vu
Chapter Fifty-Three: Stolen Vows
Chapter Fifty-Four: Sacrifice

Chapter Forty: Fading Bonds

141 8 5
By llailac

⚠️Language Warning⚠️

Nobody's POV

"Marinette!"

The girl felt her eyelids flutter open.  The rain was still coming down on both teens.  Her hair was clothes were absolutely soaked.  She slowly got off the ground, as if in a trance.

"Marinette! Are-are you okay?!" Marinette looked at him slightly for a second before walking away from him to her car.  

Adrien looked at her incredulously. Was she serious right now!? She had just fainted and-

She turned around to look at him again as she got into the car.  Her blue eyes pierced his soul, "I forgive you for the chewing gum... see you later." A light blush touched her face.

She got in the car and drove back to the Agreste House.

"Chewing gum?!" Plagg said, weirded out by her odd actions.  "What do you think she meant by that, Adrien?"

"Adrien?"

Adrien was frozen.  The chewing gum...

"I just wanted you to know I was only trying to take the chewing gum  off your seat, I swear."

She remembered. She remembered!

Adrien let out a heavenly laugh as he felt himself throw his hands up and dance in the rain.  His sweet laugh echoes with the thunder.  

Marinette's POV

I went back to my room slowly.  As if I was in a dream of I was half asleep.  I fell on my bed squishing my face into my pillow.  Was this real?! Did I remember something..?

That Adrien Agreste... when I stared into his eyes, I saw- I saw him- or well a younger version of what I assumed he'd look like. Still hella cute-

We were standing in a school... And instead he was handing her an umbrella.

He said something like, "I just wanted you to know I was only trying to take the chewing gum off your seat, I swear."  And some more... She blushed at the new found memory.

Tikki's POV

I knew I shouldn't have but I went down... down down in the miracle box.  To the black goo that used to be our home.  Some of the kwamis followed me down there as back up.  

"I'm gonna do something a little crazy..." 

"Xuppu take watch if Adrien and Plagg are coming and Sass, Fluff, stay down here with me."

"I always miss the fun stuff." Zuppu grumbled as he went out to keep watch.

"Whatssss the plan Tikki." Sass drawled out.

"I'm gonna use my power.  You know... like how Plagg uses his cataclysm..."

Nobody's POV

Tikki knew she shouldn't be tampering with magic like this, especially since she had no idea what it would do to her but she had to.  She couldn't stop thinking of Marinette and Adrien.

She grabbed a piece of the cold dead magic in her hand, through it up in the decaying tavern and yelled, "MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!"

For a minute the whole miracle box flashed white.  The pure white pools of white magic flowed.  Tikki laughed joyously as she spun around the miracle box before it soon turned dark again.  The black creeped up and resurfaced covering the white as if it was never there.

_____________________

꧁Cʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ☻︎꧂

Adrien for thé first time in a long time, knocked on the door of his house.  Nathalie peered through the camera and nearly dropped her clipboard.  She quickly let him in and went to warn Gabriel. 

 Adrien hummed contently as he entered the house. No one was here.  Weird.  He walked up to the guest room to see Marinette and talk to her about her memories. The door was cracked open, and he slowly entered. 

"Marinette?" He called out softly.  

"Marinette?"

He looked around frantically for her.  

Marinette was in her bed, the covers wrapped around her body snugly. This room looked like a carbon copy of his, except this guest room had a bit of Marinette-flare too it. Pink flowers decorated the walls as if cherry blossoms were falling, and cute decorative throw pillows surrounded them.

Adrien felt a smile spread on his face. 

These days this was the only time he smiled. She was the root source of his happiness. 

"Cute." He mumbles under his breath.

Marinette turns to him at the sound of his voice her eyelashes fluttering. 

"Oh- Hi." She smiles warmly, recalling the moment they had shared before her dizzy spell. 

Adrien felt his heart sink a little bit. She was herself, but she seemed so drained and tired. 

"Hey... do you feel better? Are your memories returning?"

She looked up, shocked, but nodded.  He probably figured it out by what she said about the "chewing gum." 

"Chewing gum." She laughs at him.

"Oh god please don't tell me those are your first memories of me." Adrien chuckles, running his hands through his golden hair.

The two share a laugh as Marinette props herself up on the headboard of the bed.  

"Do you wanna sit?" She pats to her bedside.

"Uhh... sure..." Adrien sits next to her. He felt comfortable with her but refrained wrapping his arms around her, That was something only reserved for Chat Blanc. 

Marinette hums quietly to herself as she turns to him-

"Do you like videogames?"

Adrien turns to her and smirks.

"Let's play."

The two of them play for what seems like hours, giggling and chatting with one another. Marinette begins to learn about Adrien's interests and Adrien feels like he is repeating history all over again. He doesn't mind it though. Why would he? He has her. He is talking to her.

That's when Marinette stops seeing the time. Her heart jumps, hoping Chat Blanc will see her. She looks at Adrien hurriedly. 

"Umm.. I'm feeling kind of tired." She fake-yawns, "Maybe we can continue this tomorrow."

Adrien glances at the time too and nods. 

"Yeah its getting pretty late..."

Marinette doesn't respond, though; she is glancing outward at the large windows that encompass a wall of the room. They showcase the outline and skyline of Paris' bright lights and cast a golden haze into the dark room. 

'She's waiting for me.' Adrien thinks with a smile on his face.

"Well... I should get going." He nods affirmatively. 

"I'm sure he'll come tonight, Mari." He gave her a wink. He begins to get off of her bed not realizing when he got so close to her. He begins to sit up but loses his balance suddenly. A sharp pain erupts in his chest. He gasps.

Something was wrong. 

Marinette cradles his head, pulling him closer to her instinctively.

"Hey! Are you okay?"

Adrien gasps, trying to catch his breath.  

"Adrien!" She stopped him.

He loved the sound of his name coming out of her mouth. It was like smooth honey.  He hadn't held her as Adrien in a long time- he could only get close to her as Chat Blanc but even that never compared to just being around her as himself rather than in a hero suit. 

The pang in his chest began to erupt as he clutched onto her tighter wrapping his hands around her waist- Marinette felt herself turn red.

"Er- are you- are you- do you want me to get your Dad?"

He shook his head violently at the thought of his father as he still held onto her. Neither of them talked for a few minutes, which felt like hours. Adrien was still clutching on to her as the two remained curled up in bed.

Finally he spoke, "Are you excited for school in a week?" That was all he had managed to get out.

Marinette bit her lip and glanced away- nervous at the thought. School in itself was a challenge, but the idea of being around a bunch of people she didn't know but knew everything about seemed like too much.

She nodded. "Sorta... you are kind of the only person I know..."

Adrien sensed her hesitation and anxiousness as he reluctantly released himself from her grip and propped himself up on the bed to face her. The pain in his chest is slowly disappearing.

"Your amazing Marinette. Anyone would be glad to even know you. You will be fine and trust me, I will protect you no matter what."

He felt a throbbing pain in his chest once more. 

'Even if its from myself.

He shook the thought out of his head, slowly climbing off of her bed, knowing he would be back here tonight anyway as Chat. 

"Tomorrow after the photo shoot, how about lunch? Me and you."

Marinette nods, smiling softly in comfort. She realizes that at that moment, the two people who actually made her feel at home in this grand city of lights were Chat Blanc and Adrien. "I would love that. Thank you, Adrien."

She beams up at him Her beautiful, full lips curled into a sweet smile. Her eyelashes were much more natural and longer. He could see her adorable freckles much better. Her lips were much plumper and weren't as glossy. It took everything in him not to hold her in that one second that brought him right back to that fateful night on her balcony when he first fell for her.

Instead, he kissed her forehead gently and walked out without saying another word. The door closed gently with a soft creek, and the blushing, flustered girl was alone with her thoughts once again. 

Marinette sighed and flopped on her bed.  She turned on her TV to play a movie. Not being able to process what had just happened between the two of them. Their moment in the rain, the chewing gum, and now this?

 'Wow...' she thought, her mind drifts guiltily to when Chat kissed her on the forehead. She smiled at the thought, 'Adrien Agreste does remind me of Chat a bit.' She smiles to herself, snuggling back in bed, still feeling the boy's warmth in the sheets from where he just laid.

-End of Chapter Forty-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 129 12
๐˜„๐—ต๐˜† ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—บ๐˜† ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐˜๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ถ ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚? *เณƒเผ„ โ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž and just like the last, and like the next...
132K 4K 21
It's been four years since Marinette Dupain-Cheng became Ladybug, one of the many super heroes of Paris, although the others are only called on in ca...
56.2K 1.2K 24
โFinish my heart.โž ------ You could say they were pretty well acquainted. Well, of course, her alter ego was close with Chat Noir, but her civillian...
129K 3.8K 27
Paris' favorite Marinette Dupain-Cheng has gone missing for good, and Cat Noir just can't settle with the fact that no one seems to care, but he will...