Love is War - Dream

By Kairizx

It started as a battle, for freedom, against tyranny. And became something greater, it broke so many. There w... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
Love is War

Chapter 52

7.5K 327 196
By Kairizx

Samantha's POV

" Where are we? " I asked while walking beside Tubbo.

It's not like I didn't trust him, it was the place where we were currently walking on. Uncountable Dark Oak trees surrounded the whole area as well as tall mushrooms in every corners. Due to how tall and large the trees are, there were barely any sunlight to lessen the intimidating aura this place emitted. I could only just hope we arrive sooner to where Tubbo was leading us.

" We're almost there. " Tubbo responded with a reassuring smile while he continued to look ahead.

I sighed and started to rub my hands against my arm. The temperature inside the Dark Forest was dropping every step I took, even when I was completely covered in thick fabric. I glanced at Tubbo and saw him happily humming about bees; behind us, Clay was nonchalantly admiring everything and Tommy was playing with sticks that he must've found along the way. Everyone seemed to be just fine, and I was not.

All of a sudden, I heard heavy footsteps, and I assumed it was Tubbo when I saw him running as fast as he could to get ahead. My first instinct was to catch up as soon as I saw him disappear within the darkness. I dropped my arms and groaned as I ran, my legs wasn't in the best condition yet after all. As I continued, I started to see fast movements from the corner of my eye, and it terrified me.

I started to pick up pace and saw the road end with Two of the largest trees I've ever seen, but there was a gap between it where I saw Tubbo enter in. I slowed down and ducked, just so I could fit inside.

" Tubbo? " I called. Just as I stood up, I saw him standing in front of me with his back facing me. A sigh of relief escaped past my lips as I slowly walked up towards him, but before I could reach him, the strongest blow of a wind came splashing right in front of Tubbo and I.

I looked at him as I raised my arms in front of my face. His long brown hair started to flow behind him while he stood in front of me completely frozen, as if he wasn't bothered by it, at all. When I was about to scream, everything stopped, almost like time and life came to a pause at the same time. I slowly dropped my arms, and looked around with a confused frown. The dancing leaves, the loud chirping birds, the swaying tall grass— Everything stopped, and it only confused me more with how unnatural it was.

It was just Confusion at the start, now it became terrifying as the time went on, and on. I turned around, hoping to get back and call for Clay, or maybe Tommy, when I was stopped by Tubbo's voice.

" Come back, "

I frowned while staring at my hand that was about to reach the long vines covering the exit between the trees. I quickly turned my head around, surprised to hear his voice in between the silence. It was terrifying, but he was my family, what would be there for me to be afraid?

That was the same question I asked when I hesitated to speak. I slowly stepped backward and reached out a hand from behind to grab the vines.

" I said, come back. "

At this point, it felt like I was just imagining things. He sounded like Tubbo, He looked like Tubbo, but it wasn't him.

" Sam? " I felt my breathe stop, as well as my movement when I saw him move in front of me.

Fear started to take over me, and I was desperate to get out of here, immediately. I was about to turn around when I heard a spine-chilling sound that made me halt.

My head tilted down to my feet, only to see my own reflection on broken shards of glass on the ground. Now I knew it wasn't Tubbo that I followed, it isn't Tubbo standing in front of me, and it surely is not someone who's here to do good.

" Where are you going? "

The shock of seeing who it was drained my whole body strength, I couldn't even speak nor blink.

" Hey, they're lying to you. "

I didn't need to take another look to confirm who it was, because seeing the broken bottle in his hand and the familiar large horns, was enough.

It was him, Schlatt— but he looked different. His clothes was crumpled and dirty, his hair was messy and his red orbs looked dead, almost.

" Lying? Why would they lie to me? " I hesitated to ask.

He then proceeded to raise his free hand, in which made me flinch, thinking something would come to me. Instead, I saw his hand reaching out for me.

" I can tell you, if you come back. "

When I couldn't respond, he lowered his head while still maintaining eye-contact with me. I couldn't move anymore, and the background was slowly shifting in to a darker place with more people inside it. Just as I was about to look away, something struck me right in to my chest, making me gasp and felt my heart skip a beat, and the next one, until there was none.

My whole body stopped due to the shock while I clutched the fabric on top of my chest. I wasn't sure what was going on, everything went by quickly and I couldn't keep up. At that moment, my knees gave up instantly, sending me to the ground. I slowly looked up, thinking Schlatt was still there, but it all was just a patch of Black Dahlias on where I last saw him.

The loud thumps of heavy shoes errupted from behind me, I turned around with my hands trembling on the ground, I pulled it away but glass shards fell all over my lap as I stared at it in shock. I looked up, saw Clay standing before me as he narrowed his eye all over the field, until he heard the last piece of glass fall on the hard rock beneath me. He slowly looked down, his legs immediately rushing towards me.

" What is this? " He exclaimed in confusion.

" I-I don't know. " I tried my best to respond, even if it wasn't of help at all.

A frown crept up on his face, little wrinkles appearing as well on his forehead, as he brushes off the sharp glass.

" Why did you start running like that? Where even are we? " Clay asked.

I frowned and tilted my head down, even with my back turned against it, I knew where I was, almost like I could see it perfectly at the back of my head. Suddenly, Tubbo entered. I felt my heart drop at the second he walked towards me.

" What happened? " Tubbo asked worriedly as he noticed my expression change at the moment I saw him. Tommy went in next with a frown.

I slowly move my head, caught in a state of disbelief and shock. " I thought I saw you, Tubbo. " I stated.

" Me? But I stopped, and went to tell Tommy something— then we turned and saw you running ahead of us. " Tubbo answered worriedly. Not only was he worried about me, but he started to freak out with me accidentally following someone that I thought was him.

Tommy walked up, but he wasn't looking at any of us. His eyes was fixated on the view in front of him. I slowly crained my head around— and I wasn't wrong, this was the place. I then started hearing the three of them speaking, but I wasn't able to listen as I stared at the black flowers. Fear circulated my chest, squeezing my throat shut and made my eyes burn as I felt emotional. I quickly turned back around, and accidentally locked eyes with soft green orbs.

I have always thought his eyes, hair— everything was familiar, but it never occured to me who it was his looks was similar to. But then, there was no recored of his name inside my Journal, and no one even mentioned him from past memories.

They're lying to you.

Almost immediately, I pushed every thought of what happened a while ago, and leaned my palms on the floor to help myself up, but a hand made it's way to mine, stopping me from moving. I realised it was Clay, holding my hand in which I thought he'd pull me up with, but he enclosed it inside his and gave it a gentle squeeze.

The wind eased up a bit, but a familiar scent lingered in the air, and it came from the one in front of me. As I continued to stare at Clay, my guts seem to twist, telling me something I couldn't understand.

" Are you okay? " He asked, obviously worried.

As I've noticed before, green was definitely his color, but he doesn't seem to be fond of it, as I've never seen him wear atleast one. All he wore were dark colors, mostly black from all top to bottom.

I shake my head and pulled my hand away. " I think we should head back. "

___

Before we reached the base, I glanced behind me, seeing how each of them wore a confused expression. They were confused as to why I was desperate to leave that place, and the weird occurence of me following 'Tubbo'. I looked away and pierced my lips together.

" Why was I even there? " I asked myself with a small groan.

I started to think of what was the reason I was there, why did I let myself believe Schlatt would be good, was I in trouble for me to be that desperate?

I lied about returning you to Wilbur...

As I tilted my chin up, I stared higher up the trees, and on to the ever-growing blue sky. At the edge of the cloud there was a brilliant white patch, like a turning page catching the sun. The rest was dove grey with a subtle hint of purple, just enough to announce the coming sunset.

" Return to Wilbur? " I mumbled.

The passing wind from the south greets us with an embrace, its giddy currents flow through woodland canopies, unaware of how its song soothes those who can hear. I watched as the grass fell flat on the plain, as well as the flowers swaying along in a smooth dance.

" Was I... " I frowned, my voice unknowingly had gone louder as I sink deeper in my thoughts.

" Hm? " Clay hummed questioningly beside me after he easily catched up with his large steps. I glanced at him, suddenly snapping out of my thoughts and felt my lips form in to a smile.

He proceeded to crane his head towards me, showing me a bright smile with his eyes formed in to a similar shape of a crescent moon.

" You were talking to yourself. "

I sighed. " Yeah, I was thinking... "

" About me? " He couldn't help but laugh right after his bold comment. I playfully rolled my eyes and lightly nudged him on the side.

" I wouldn't say. " I chuckled and looked away from him, only to feel his arm rest on my shoulder while his hand made its way to pinch me on the cheek.

" Just say it, "

I raised an eyebrow with a small smile. " Say what? " I asked.

He stared at me for a second before clicking his tongue, pretending to be disappointed at me. I scoffed playfully at his childish trait.

" Come on. " I insisted as I refused to let go of him without his answer.

" That you love me. " Finally he listened, but it honestly wasn't what I was expecting.

The words he said was a bit of a surprise, which left me speechless while I stared at him with wide eyes. Being the crazy one that he was, he copied my expression with his own ridiculous humor in to it, before errupting in a fit of laughter— wheeze, rather.

" Well— "

" Oh, come on. " He instantly secured me beneath his arm, persistent to hear a specific answer from me.

I bent down and succesfully escaped his grasp. " You're crazy. "

" For you. "

A warm blush seared through my cheeks and for a minute I thought my face was on fire. I immediately felt awkward, demure, and coy; even going as far as attempting to hide my features behind my fingers.

The blonde beside me had started dying, scaring the two behind us that have been watching us for the past minute or so.

" He definitely lost it. " Tommy whispered to his friend, Tubbo, who had laughed because of this.

I shake my head in disbelief. He definitely succeeded in distracting me, but it appears to be a permanent distraction. I looked down and ran inside the base, still embarrassed as I made my way quickly down the staircase, ignoring his calls behind me.

______________________

52/54

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 253 27
โ€งโ‚Šหš๏ธถ๏ธถ๊’ฆ๏ธถ๊’ท๏ธถ๏ธถ๊’ท๊’ฆ๏ธถโ€งโ‚Šหš๏ธถ๏ธถ๊’ฆ๏ธถ๊’ท๏ธถ๏ธถ๊’ท๊’ฆ๏ธถ IN WHICH after a major fight with the enemy country, a leader makes a choice to save his in exchange for his sister's free...
51.7K 2.7K 43
BOOK TWO PRIME GODS AU READ DO I SHOOT HIM OR DO I AIM FOR THE SKIES FIRST! (A Friend From Another Life too, but it's not required.) (Y/N), and some...
72.2K 2.3K 23
"๐–™๐–๐–Š๐–ž'๐–‘๐–‘ ๐–™๐–Š๐–‘๐–‘ ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–˜๐–™๐–”๐–—๐–ž ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–™๐–”๐–“๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™." Woohoo here we go bois. This is going to be my romanticized version of the L'Manburg...
130K 4K 55
Sometimes two people have to fall apart to realize how much they belong together. If I knew what time it was that night, would I have still met him...