One of a Kind {Regulus Black...

By turkishdelight228

'We were the perfect love story between the sun and moon...until the world got in the way. And when the world... More

From the Beginning
Long Trip
Almost at Hogwarts
Sorting
New Adventure
First Day (pt. 1)
First Day (pt. 2)
The plan
Regulus Arcturus Black
Hagrid's hut
Secrets
Practice
Astronomy Tower
Galton Scamander
Fancy
Better than the Marauders
Idea
Quidditch
Eternity
Ace of Cups
Courtyard
Marauder's Map (part 1)
Marauder's Map (part 2)
Marauder's Map (part 3)
Hogsmeade (part 1): Alone
Hogsmeade (part 2): Paisley
Cliffside Paradise
Midnight Ball
‼A/N‼
Clair de Lune
A/N: Timothée Chalamet 🧎‍♀️😫
Dear Sirius
Mushroom Path
A/N
Pre-game Drama
Slytherin vs. Gryffindor
Holiday Plans
First Snow Day
Potter's
No-maj Town
A Black by Blood
Christmas Party of 1975
You
New Year's Secret
Back to Hogwarts
Hogsmeade (Again)
Everybody
Moony
Yellow Rose

After the fight

5.1K 172 189
By turkishdelight228

James's pov

We followed Kettleburn to Dumbledore's office. I could see Snape and (y/n) giving each other deadly looks, and I can see Pads looking over at (y/n) and Remus. I then looked down at my feet until I heard a familiar voice.

"Professor?" It was Lily. "What's wrong?"

"A few students got into a fight." Kettleburn responded. Lily looked at us and she wasn't surprised to see the Marauders and I. But I can tell she was very disappointed when she saw (y/n). (Y/n) looked away. Lily's emerald eyes focused onto me.

"Bet this is all your fault, Potter. (Y/n) was fine before hanging out with you guys." Lily huffed.

"Lily...it's not his fault, it's mine." (Y/n) sighed.

"No. It was my fault. I punched Snivellous first." Padfoot blamed.

"You did that because I was being rude to Snape before." She looked away from Sirius, and looked at Lily. "James isn't the only bad guy here."

"Miss Evans. Will you please go. We must head inside Professor Dumbledore's office." Kettleburn demanded.

"Yes Professor." She nodded her head and looked at (y/n). "We'll talk about this later." She whispered and walked away.

We walked inside Dumbledore's office noticing that Professor McGonagall and Slughorn was in there too. (y/n) had her head hang down low and I can tell she was disappointed in herself.

"Hello students." Dumbledore said with his old, but calming voice. Nobody said anything. "Professor Kettleburn, thank you, but you may leave." Kettleburn nodded and walked out. "Please tell me. What happened?"

"It's my fault sir." Padfoot stepped forward.

"Thank you, Mr Black, but how do I  know it's your fault when I don't even know what happened?"

Padfoot stepped back.

"It started in Potions, professor." (Y/n) started to speak, "I heard Snape say a few things about me and I overreacted and said a few mean things back. It's not entirely my fault, but a majority of it is."

Dumbledore gave (y/n) a small smile. "Severus? Do you have anything you'd like to say?" Snivellous made a big sigh.

"I did say a few things about (y/n). I called her a few things and her boyfriend got mad-"

"Sirius is not my boyfriend." (Y/n) interrupted.

"As I was saying," Snape continued, "Black got upset and started punching me."

"Then everybody else joined." I said.

"I tried stopping them but I ended up joining them." (Y/n) sighed, ashamed.

"Thank you for being honest. But Miss (l/n)," (y/n) looked up at him, "What did Snape call you?"

"I'm sorry?" She responded.

"What did Snape call you that made Sirius so upset for him to attack?"

"Um..." (y/n) started, "he called me a few swear words and uh...he called me uh...a dirty blood sir."

"As in...?" There was a moment of silence.

"Mudblood. He called me a mudblood." (Y/n) finally said.

"You should know better than bullying someone because of their blood purity, Severus." Slughorn sighed, disappointadly.

"It's fine. I don't really care. Blood purity is stupid. It's not like I told my parents to have sexual reproduction with each other and have a magical child. Some things you can't control and you're gonna have to deal with it. That's what I was going to tell Snape before Sirius punched him."

Dumbledore sighed. "Very well. Professor McGonagall and Professor Slughorn will decide your punishment." The Marauders and I looked at each other, then looked at (y/n). She wasn't looking at anyone. She was looking at the ground. Once again, ashamed.

McGonagall cleared her throat. "70 points from Gryffindor and 10 more points for talking bad about Slytherins. I will give you guys no detention, but you guys are warned. One bad thing and you'll be cleaning my classroom every night." McGonagall said sternly. All the Gryffindors nodded and (y/n) slowly nodded hers.

"And for Slytherin. 50 points taken away and you boys will be cleaning cauldrons for a week." The Slytherins groaned.

"You're all excused except for Miss
(l/n)." (Y/n) looked up, and McGonagall, the Slytherins and Slughorn left.

"We'll wait for you." Peter whispered to her.

"It's fine. You don't have to." She whispered back and we all left.

~~~

(Y/N)'s pov

"I'm sorry professor." I let out, trying my best not to break down.

"It's alright." He responded.

"Is it? I'm the first to transfer for being an excellent student, but...I got in a fight on my first day."

"Yes yes, but no one expected you to be perfect. Besides, you were only standing up for yourself."

"Yeah, but I ended up being a jerk."

"You have loyal people by your side."

"You mean the Marauders?" Dumbledore nodded, "They're amazing, but if they get in trouble with Snape so often...I don't know if I should spend most of my time with them."

"No one is saying you have to spend time with them."

"I know...it's just...I made a promise. And I don't break promises."

"Then don't break the promise and do what's right for you. You came here to work on your academics so do that. It's your choice who you get to hang out with."

Dumbledore was right. I don't need to hang out with the Marauders in order to keep my promise. But I want to hang out with them, but...academics first.

"Thank you. Is that all?"

"Well there is one thing," Dumbledore began, "Is there anything going on between you and Black?"

"Professor! I only knew him for about 36 hours! There's nothing going on between us."

"If you say so. Well then. That's all, have a good evening."

"Have a good evening." I said and left his office. The Marauders were no where in sight.

'Maybe I should go find Lily.' I thought. I walked to the Gryffindor Tower and Snape passed by.

"Not so prideful now." Snape sneered but I decided to ignore him.

When I walked inside the common room, it was empty except for a fiery red haired girl on the couch in front of the fireplace.

"Lily?" I asked. She looked up at me.

"We have to talk."

"I know that."

"Sit." Lily demanded and gave out a deep sigh, "Why? Why would you do such a thing?"

"I wasn't the only one who did 'such a thing.' And I was trying to defend myself, but I know I only ended up looking like a jerk."

"This is why you shouldn't be hanging out with the Marauders. They're a bad influence."

"Really Lily? They didn't influence anything on me. I did those things myself."

"Listen...Sev doesn't have it best at home."

"And? That's not an excuse to call others a dirty blood and be an idiot."

"I know, but you don't see..."

"No." I interrupted, "You don't see, Lily. James and the Marauders aren't the only jerks here. Stop excusing Snape's actions, that's not going to help him learn between what's right and wrong if you keep defending him. The Marauders are my friends, Lily. You're my friend too, but I don't need you to tell me what to do." I stood up and began to leave. Lily stood up too.

"I'm not defending Snape!"

"Then what are you doing right now, Lily?"

"I'm warning you about the Marauders!"

"I'll be fine! I appreciate you and all but I'll see if the Marauders are who you say they are myself."

"Fine. You can do whatever you want."

"If you gave them a chance you would see that they aren't at all bad."

"And if you gave Snape a chance then you'll realize that he isn't so bad."

"I never said he was, I only said that he was an idiotic jerk. Besides, I already learned from my mistakes. It won't happen again. I promise."

"Promise?" Lily asked.

"Promise." I assured. A few seconds go by and the anger in my breath disappeared. Lily and I finally relaxed. A small smile grew on our faces.

"Can we never fight again?"

"Yes please." I let out a sigh of relief and we went back to our dorm.

The next chapters are going to be ~interesting~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.6K 1.4K 23
So I recently started to read soulmate era stories and that lead to poly stories somehow. I really like them and apparently lots of other people do t...
6.9K 221 14
𝐍𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐡𝐚𝐝 expected their relationship to bloom the way it had. They had very little in common, never paid mu...
115K 5.1K 77
❝𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦?❞𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳. 𝘏𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘪...
4.1K 137 34
You, Y/n Druid have just been sent by your kind parents to Hogwarts even though they didn't want you to go. Which is slightly weird since you're pure...