partners | t. kuroo

By todosluver

where you and kuroo are academic rivals and ended up being lab partners... "you better not be falling for me"... More

Chapter 1 - supercuts - Jeremy Zucker
Chapter 2 - Pink + White - Frank Ocean
Chapter 3 - BEST INTEREST - Tyler the Creator
Chapter 4 - Acai Bowl - Dominic Fike
Chapter 5 - The Walls - Chase Atlantic
Chapter 6 - Pretty When You Cry - Lana Del Ray
Chapter 7 - The Beach - The Neighbourhood
Chapter 8 - Scotty Doesn't Know - Lustra
Chapter 9 - Borderline - Tame Impala
Chapter 11 - Daddy Issues - The Neighbourhood
Chapter 12 - Location - Khalid
Chapter 13 - No Role Modelz - J. Cole
Chapter 14 - Trust - Brent Faiyaz
Chapter 15 - Somebody Else - The 1975
Chapter 16 - Don't - Bryson Tiller
Chapter 17 - Love is a Bitch - Two Feet
Chapter 18 - Are You Bored Yet? (feat. Clairo) - Wallows
Chapter 19 - Summertime In Paris - Jaiden and WILLOW
Chapter 20 - Young and beautiful - Lana Del Ray
Chapter 21 - Heat Waves - Glass Animals
Chapter 22 - 505 - Arctic Monkeys
Chapter 23 - favorite crime - olivia rodrigo
Chapter 24 - SUGAR - BROCKHAMPTON
Chapter 25 - deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo
Chapter 26 - Golden - Hippo Campus
Chapter 27 - I Wanna be Yours - Arctic Monkeys
Chapter 28 - Till Forever Falls Apart - Ashe and Finneas
Chapter 29 - CPR - Summer Walker (smut)
Chapter 30 - blind - rolemodel
Chapter 31- Call Out My Name - The Weeknd

Chapter 10 - First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes

6.8K 188 296
By todosluver

"Eva I still don't understand how you literally cannot do math." You said explaining the third concept on her homework that day.

"I'm sorry if numbers just don't work in my head." She said back.

You and Eva were in the cafe, the way you were every Friday. You both were finishing up work for the week. Well, Eva had you doing her calculus work for her.

"You seriously gotta go to a tutor or something." You said finishing up the problem for her before giving her the sheet with your work on it so she could read it and understand it for herself.
"Why get a tutor when I have you." She said with a smile.

"Yeah right, how are you and Bokuto by the way?" You asked her, shifting away from the topic of school. You liked talking to her about non-related school topics and it was nice hearing about her social life, rather than just talking about how smart you are.

"Oh, I haven't talked to him a while but that's because of school and stuff, but we're going out this weekend, and I think after Akaashi's coming with us too." She said putting her chin in the pal of her hand and leaning her elbow on the table. "Why don't you come with us?" She asked. This weekend wouldn't work for you.

You had a lot to do this weekend. One of your professors asked for you to write a report for them and you still had plenty of reports and articles to write for your classes and more research to do.
"Babes. Not this weekend, I'm extremely busy." You said your eyes glued to your computer screen.

"Aw shit really? That sucks." She said looking at you. Her eyes sharpened and a soft smile came across her face as she watched you hard at work. She was fascinated by the way you were able to get so much work done throughout the week.

"Man, I really wish I worked as hard as you, you're really something special. How's the mystery man by the way? Have you talked to him?" She asked, this made you lift your head and look her dead in the eyes. You saw Kuroo a lot more than usual because of the projects you were put on together. Your time with Kuroo was to be kept a secret from Eva and Kenma.

"I've talked to him." Is what you were able to say as you looked at her with a serious face.

"Just talked." She said, smirking at you. "Are you sure you're not busy with him this weekend?"
"Oh trust me, if I was you would know." You said glancing back down at the chemistry problems brightly lit up on your screen.

---

Your alarm was going off and you sprung to your feet to open the curtains for your window. It was 8 am and you wanted to get to the library before it opened so you established your spot for the day. You grabbed your already packed back and put on some comfortable pants and a nice sweater to match it. You put your hair up and left your room.

You made your way to the bathroom to wash your face and use the bathroom before you headed to the cafeteria to go pick up breakfast to go. The library opened at 9 am so it gave you enough time to go run to the cafe and grab some coffee as well as go to the cafeteria to grab breakfast.

You walked through campus admiring the buildings of your school. The architecture was really nice and you appreciated it. It was a clean looking campus and very pleasing to the eyes. You walked on the trail towards the cafe.

As you entered the cafe you were greeted by the barista that was there every Saturday.

"Hey y/n, the usual?" He asked you, already punching it into the machine.
"Yeah, thanks Levi." You said back to him.
"It's on the house, don't worry." He said winking at you.
"Nah, Levi, stop I'll use my points."  You said to him, you hated when people paid for you, it just made you feel bad.
"Y/n it's fine, first customer today might as well." He said to you with a soft smile.
"Fine." You moved to the side of the counter waiting for him to brew your drink. You were thankful for nice people like him.
"Here you go m'lady." He said handing you the cup. The phrase reminded you of Kuroo causing you to blush.
"Thank you kind sir." You took it from her and walked out of the cafe turning back to wave at him as you pushed the door open.

You made your way to the cafeteria. You opened the door and scanned your card as you looked to see who was sitting in the hall.

"Y/n!" You heard a voice call out your name, you squinted trying to see who was calling you. You saw Kuroo sitting at a two seater table eating breakfast. You headed towards him and placed your bag on the ground beside his before sitting in the chair across from him.

"Good morning, why are you up so early?" You glanced at your phone, it was only 8:28 am.
"I could be asking you the same thing." He said back to you shovelling some scrambled eggs from his plate onto his fork and placing it in his mouth.
"I usually get up this early and go to the library on weekends." You told him.

"Nerd." He said back, causing you to kick him under the table. "Sheesh, angel--- y/n  why are you so violent?" He stuttered as he rubbed his hand against his shin. Angel. That took you by surprise but you pretended that you didn't hear his comment.
"I'm gonna grab a to-go box." You said getting up from your seat.

"Why don't you just eat here, the library doesn't open for another half hour." He said looking at you.
"Fine, are you going to the library too?" You asked him curiously.
"Yeah I got a shit ton of work to do." He answered cutting a piece of bacon up.
"Do you wanna go together?" You asked him, smiling.
"I was hoping you'd ask, yeah I'd like that." He said smiling back at you.

You walked away heading to the open bar buffet filled with breakfast foods and you gathered some on your plate before walking back and sitting in front of Kuroo, still peacefully eating his food. You sat down and stared at him a bit. He was wearing another black turtleneck, grey trousers and he had on black dress shoes. He had a belt on with a gold clasp and he was wearing his silver rimmed glasses. His hair was gelled upwards, the way his spiky hair usually was and his bangs elegantly swooped over his right eye. It was a very professional look, he dressed this way whenever he was on campus too.

You had to admit, he looked extremely attractive. He noticed you staring at him and you quickly turned your head pretending you were looking at something behind him. He smirked a little and went back to enjoying his food.

The two of you ate in silence and you looked down at your phone. 8:46 am. You looked up at him as you finished your food and he was on his phone. He finished a few minutes before you.
"Hey do you wanna start walking over now?" You asked him as he looked up from his phone.
"Yeah sure." He said getting up and grabbing his plate and your plate to put on the conveyor belt for dirty dishes. He came back and grabbed his bag and swung his arm over your shoulder as you walked out of the cafeteria together.

The two of you walked towards the library together talking about your plans for the week. You brought up Kenma and started talking about him, as a topic of common interest. You realized that you both knew Kenma the same way and it made you happy that he had other friends besides you. You cared a lot about Kenma. Kuroo's arm was still around your shoulder as you saw someone that looked like Eva and a group of her friends approaching the two of you. You quickly buried your face into Kuroo's side.

"Hi Kuroo!" You heard her voice call out as he walked past her.
"Oh you're Eva right?" He said back to her waving. She nodded her head as the two of you kept walking towards the library. You overheard her friends gossiping about the fact that Kuroo was clinging onto a girl and wondering if they were dating. When they were out of earshot you lifted your head and you looked at Kuroo, who had a worried look on his face.

"So you really haven't told anyone huh?" He asked as you pulled away from his body and continued to walk with him.
"Yeah, I haven't." You said removing his hand from your shoulders as you reached the bottoms of the stairs leading up to the library. You and Kuroo walked up the stairs and reached the front door, he held it open for you as you made your way inside and towards the elevator.

You guys got into the empty elevator and made your way up to the fourth floor, the quiet floor of your library, meaning if you were on that floor you weren't supposed to talk to anyone unless you were in a study room, which made it the ideal place to get work done. Kuroo looked at you, you were both leaning against the back of the elevator side by side. You looked back at him. His eyes shone and pierced yours as they looked at you softly. He started to lean in towards you and you closed your eyes as you leaned into him. You didn't know why but you felt a lot of sexual tension between the two of you. You started seeing Kuroo become more of a friend to you.

"Third floor." You both jumped and opened your eyes as you heard the elevator say these words and watched as the doors opened to let three other people inside. You smiled at them as they stepped beside the two of you. You pressed your body against Kuroo's to make space for them and he subtly placed his hand in the crook of your back which made you flustered. The doors opened and Kuroo removed his hand as the three other people got out before the two of you did. You both walked towards an empty study room with a big enough desk in the middle for the two of you and before you knew it you were both hard at work.

The sound of textbook pages being turned and fingers typing on keyboards filled the silence as the two of you got at it. Once in a while you would glance up at Kuroo and sometimes he'd catch you causing you to look away and pretend you were deep in thought before you proceeded to continue your work.

The two of you worked continuously for a few hours until you checked the time on your phone. It was 4:37 pm. You've been there for 8 hours and you got a ton of work done. You were finishing up a lab for biology but were interrupted by Kuroo who asked you a question.

"Hey do you wanna order some ramen?" Looking at you.
You looked up from your work and stared at him.
"Yeah actually, I'm starving." You said back, the idea of ramen made you salivate.
"Alright what's your order?" He asked, typing something into his phone.
"Pork Miso." You said back. The thought of ramen just made you so happy.
"Oh I love that shit." He said back to you. He typed the order into his phone. "It'll be here in like 10 minutes." He said getting back to doing his work.

"Here I'll pay you back." You said opening up your bank app.

"Don't worry about it, I had a discount." He said smiling.

"No please this is the second time today someone paid for me."

"It's fine y/n."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Don't worry."

You felt a little off having Kuroo pay for you but you were okay with it. You continued to do your work until Kuroo's phone went off indicating the driver was nearby.

"Hey, I'm just gonna run and grab it." He said getting up from his chair. You watched him leave the room as you finished up your lab. You started putting away things you finished with for the day and it made you feel relaxed. You heard your phone vibrate and you went to check it. You got a text from your mom.

Aimi

Hi are you busy
Need to talk

busy right now

Call me soon

k

You rolled your eyes. You really didn't feel like talking about anything with your mom. As soon as you turned legal, you moved out of your house and stayed at Kenma's until you had enough money to rent an apartment by yourself, until you got enough grants from your University to not have to pay for dorming. You really didn't want to deal with her right now.

Kuroo came back holding a brown paper bag, He placed it on the table and pulled out two containers containing your soup. He handed you a pair of wooden chopsticks. You broke them apart and started eating. Your mouth was filled with flavour that you've been craving. It was refreshing to eat one of your comfort meals after working on homework all day.

You looked at Kuroo as he made a noise slurping his noodles. He looked up at you and smiled and you giggled as you went back to eating yours. You looked at him again and he had a bit of food on his cheek.

"Wait lemme get that for you." You grabbed a napkin and wiped his cheek. He took your hand and placed it against his cheek while holding your hand. He looked into your eyes and you felt that tension again from earlier. You shook your head and took your hand off his face as you placed the napkin into the paper bag and sat back down on your chair.

Once Kuroo and you finished eating your ramen, you decided that you just wanted to spend the rest of the night in your room relaxing watching TV or something. So you and Kuroo cleaned the room and left the library.

"I feel like I work better when I do work with you." Kuroo said as you guys made your way down the steps of the library.

"Maybe it's because we know how important school is for one another." You said back to him. The sun was setting in the distance, a red cloudless sky with hints of violet and pink. You looked at the sun and as you watched it, Kuroo looked at how fascinated you were by it and let out a sigh. "Tetsurou?" You looked at him and your eyes locked again. He moved closer towards you.

"The sunset is almost as beautiful as you." He said looking at you pulling you in towards his chest. "You better not be falling for me." He said as he locked down at you as he hugged you.

"I'd never dream of it." You said pulling him closer towards you and resting your head on his chest.
"It's a bet then." He said as you both pulled away.
"What?" You questioned him.

"The bet is, you lose if you fall in love."

"And why would I fall in love with you?"

"That's why we're betting."

"Tetsurou you tease." You said smiling at him. He ran his hand through your hair before you parted ways and went back to your dorms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 12.1K 29
A Kozume Kenma fanfiction A baker and a gamer brought together by fate by way of a cat: (y/n)'s life was never at a standstill. She was far from bei...
12.9K 442 17
❝𝐈 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐌, 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄. ❞ ↳ in which y/n and kuroo have to act as enemies so no one knows what happe...
3.3K 131 10
"You said you'd wait for me.." ⋆*❁*⋆ฺ。*⋆*❁*⋆ฺ。*⋆*❁*⋆ฺ。*⋆*❁*⋆ฺ。*⋆*❁*⋆ฺ。* A promise kuroo had made the day he left for college. But as you meet again...
32.7K 957 24
| kuroo tetsuro x m!reader | kuroo tetsuro, a chemistry major who plays sports in his free time, and you, a math major just trying to make your way t...