Hazbin Hotel: Spirit of Venge...

Par MetroXLR

Every Year, Heaven sends Exterminator Angels to slaughter Demons and Sinners to control Hell's overpopulation... Plus

Part One: a Demon's Prayer
Part Two: a Human in Hell
Part Three: The Rider
Part Four: Meet The Hazbin's
Part Five: Damien's Sin
Part Six: He Who Must Not Be Named
Part Seven: a Moth to the Flame
Part Eight: Tour de Hell
Part Nine: Disappointment
Part Ten: Clothes Make The Man
Part Eleven: The Hellfire Club, Part 1
Part Twelve: The Hellfire Club, Part 2
Part Thirteen: The Devil's Daughter
Part Fourteen: So Much Love To Give
Part Fifteen: Cabin in the Woods
Part Sixteen: Spawn
Part Seventeen: a Good Person
Part Eighteen: Jack O'Lantern
Part Nineteen: Sins of the Mother
Part Twenty: Competition
Part Twenty-One: a Match Made in Hell (LEMON WARNING)
Part Twenty-Two: At The Crossroads
Part Twenty-Three: Saving Millie
Part Twenty-Four: What Could Have Been...
Part Twenty-Five: a New Beginning (LEMON WARNING)
Part Twenty-Six: The Morning After...
Part Twenty-Seven: Spawn vs. Robo Fizz
Part Twenty-Eight: Ambush
Part Thirty: Reinforcements
Part Thirty-One: Fight as One
Part Thirty-Two: Where Two Souls Meet
Part Thirty-Three: Genie Out Of The Bottle
INTERMISSION: Damien Ryder Artwork

Part Twenty-Nine: BREAKING NEWS

5.5K 67 123
Par MetroXLR

In the lobby of the Happy Hotel, Ms. Mayberry was sitting on a chair near the fireplace. as she gently rocked back-and-forth, her eyes were gazed upon a small photograph.

The Lavender She-Demon rubbed her eyes, breathing out as her mind wandered. Once again, regret and guilt was eating away at her like a swarm of Piranha.

"Good afternoon, Miss Mayberry." spoke a voice.

Mayberry looked to see Vaggie approach her, a smile on her face.

"Can I get you anything??" continued Vaggie. "We do have NON-Alcoholic drinks here."

"well...I could use some Orange Juice." answered Mayberry.

Vaggie looked at her clipboard. "oh, I'm so sorry. All we have is Apple Juice."

"That will do, thank you." said Mayberry.

"Great!, I'll be right back with your beverage." As Vaggie skipped away to do her task, Charlie passed her by as she too approached Ms. Mayberry with a clipboard in hand.

"Hi." spoke Charlie, with a smile. "I hope you are enjoying your stay here at the Hotel."

"It's okay." spoke Mayberry, softly. "I am surprised at how peaceful it is here."

Charlie smiled. "Just my little piece of Heaven right here in Hell."

Mayberry chortled lightly...but, then resumed sulking.

"what's wrong??" asked Charlie, who sat down next to the woman.

"it's nothing, just...Reminiscing." spoke Mayberry, who then smiled. "It was in front of a fire place like this one when it happened..."

"When 'What', happened?" asked Charlie.

"when I conceived my son." answered Mayberry, bluntly.

Charlie blushed bright red at this.

"It was on Christmas Eve...and, it was the coldest night that I can remember." began Mayberry. "I was in Damon's arms as we sat in front of the fire, trying to stay warm as frost covered the windows."

Mayberry smiled warmly. "but, not even that blizzard could freeze the heat of our passion that night. Now, whenever I see a burning fireplace, or a blistering snow storm...I think of HIM. And, my son."

Charlie was silent for a moment, watching the flames along with Mayberry.

"I suppose you know about what me and Dami-, Daniel did the other night." spoke Charlie.

"I did." answered Mayberry. "It was hard for me to stay silent about it. But, I have to accept that my son isn't a child anymore. He...isn't the baby that I remembered."

"speaking of Babies..." began Charlie. "we, uhh...We're kinda trying to make one ourselves."

Mayberry looked at Charlie...and, smiled. "If it means I get Grandchildren, then by all means: "Take Him For a Ride."

Charlie chuckled, despite the awkwardness of the conversation.

"So...you're REALLY okay with having grandchildren related to me??" spoke Charlie. "I mean...My dad IS Lucifer, so they'll also be HIS grandchildren, too."

"I am in no place to judge that...literally, since my actions got me in Hell." spoke Mayberry. "But, I'm not concerned over that, dear. They'll be YOUR children, not his."

Mayberry then smiled. "And I know you well enough that any children you have will be sweet angels."

Charlie blushed. "ironic choice of words."

At that moment, Vaggie returned with a glass of Apple Juice. Mayberry tried to smile as she took the glass, and sipped the cool, sweet liquid. "thank you." said Mayberry.

Vaggie smiled...and, then the doorbell rang. Charlie immediately sprang up, and sped over to the front door like a gust of wind.

"Hellooooo...Welcome to-"

"Excuse me Miss..." spoke a male demon dressed like a postal worker. "but I have a delivery for a...(*looks at clipboard*) Miss Vagatha??"

"That would be ME." said Vaggie, approaching.

"sign here please, miss." said the Demon.

Charlie watched in confusion as Vaggie signed her name quickly. The demon then blew a whistle, prompting two other demons in similar uniforms to enter the Hotel carrying a pretty BIG box.

"Vaggie...what-?!" Charlie was still VERY confused at what this was all about.

Everyone watched as the box was unloaded...revealing a large, flat screen VOXTECH TV.

"Have fun, miss." said the Demon, as he and the other two finally left.

"you...bought a TV??!" spoke Charlie, her head tilted.

"Yep!" said Vaggie, proudly. "It is CERTAIN to draw in new tenants."

"so long as that thing has the Gambling Channel, I'm fine with it." spoke Husk from the Bar.

"but...won't Alastor be MAD about this??" asked Charlie. "You do know how he feels about Television."

Vaggie didn't say a word...she only smiled like a Grinch.

...Less than an hour later, Vaggie had the TV set up in it's own area in the lobby with four chairs surrounding the flat screen (no doubt intended for future guests.)

Charlie, Mayberry, Husk, and even Niffty all watched as Vaggie fiddled with the receiver.

"aaaaaand...THERE." said Vaggie, as she turned on the Television.

It didn't take long for a crystal clear picture to of a News Channel to be displayed.

"Hey, it works!" said Mayberry, cheerful.

"YAY!" chirped Niffty.

"meh." responded Husk, as he took another drink of alcohol.

"Great job, Vaggie!" said Charlie, as Vaggie approached. "I had my doubts, but this will really bring in-OHFUCKME."

Vaggie looked at the television...and, almost couldn't believe who was on the screen right now.

(("Welcome to the 666 News! I'm Tom Trench, an-"))

(("CAMERA ON ME!!")) screeched a female voice.

 The camera's view blurred as it focused upon a pale skinned woman that Charlie knew all too well.

 "not her..."

(("Greetings, Pentagram City. I am Katie Killjoy with the News for today.")) began Katie. (("Today we continue the hot button topic that is...The GHOST RIDER."))

 "oh, this should be good." said Vaggie sarcastically.

The group all sat down as that watched the news report with curiosity.

(("Not too long ago, highest circle of Hell received quite the celebrity visitor: The Ghost Rider. Who needs no further introduction, as his reputation as a demonic bounty hunter speaks for itself.

Now, normally this wouldn't warrant such media coverage: Like Angels, the Ghost Riders comes and goes too quickly to be of any concern.

but, not THIS TIME. no...This Time, we have a Rider who is STAYING in Hell.

On the line we have a caller with something to say on that matter: SPEAK."))

(("YEAH, I NEVER IMAGINED I WOULD EVER SAY THIS: BUT, HELL IS SO MUCH BETTER NOW.")) spoke a female voice. (("FOR THE FIRST TIME I WASN'T AFRAID TO GO BUY GROCERIES ACROSS THE STREET WITHOUT GETTING RAPED IN AN ALLEY.))

 (("So, I take it you are under the impression that you are safer with the Ghost Rider here in Hell.")) asked Katie.

(("WELL, UMMM...YES?"))

Katie leered. (("well, isn't that just sweet...(*shouting*) BUT, IT'S WRONG-WRONG-WRONG!!"))

(("EXCUSE ME!??"))

(("Allow me to ENLIGHTEN you on the actual facts of the situation.")) began Katie. (("The Ghost Riders, DESPITE what you are led to believe, ARE NOT Hell's Bounty Hunter. THAT would imply they held *ANY* allegiance to Lord Lucifer, and upheld our laws TO THE INFERNAL LETTER!!

But, Ghost Riders are more of a Mercenary. and, often employed by the Angels to KILL DEMONS.

Now, you may feel safer with him being here, scaring off other demons. but, maybe you should stop and think about WHY those others demons are so afraid of him.

Maybe *YOU* should be afraid, too!!"))

(("WELL, HE HASN'T TRIED TO KILL ME, YET. SO UNTIL THEN, I'M PRO-TEAM GHOST RIDER.")) answered the female caller.

Katie sighed. (("another lost cause...GOODBYE. (*shouting*) TOM!!, GET ME AN EXPRESSO!! DOUBLE CREAMED!!"))

 As the screen displayed an [OFF-AIR] message, Vaggie chortled.

"Sounds like that bitch found something else to harp about other than us."

Charlie wasn't smiling. "That doesn't make me feel any better. I'd rather she keep attacking me, than start saying bad things about Damien."

Mayberry was silent, but bore an expression that implied she also wasn't pleased.

"Howdy, Y'all..." spoke a voice.

Everyone looked to see Moxxie, and Millie holding baby Mixxie approach. "What's up??"

"We got a new TV installed." said Vaggie. "Wanna watch something??"

"Is there a Michael Crawford movie on?" asked Moxxie.

But, before anyone could answer Moxxie, the Channel 666 News came back on.

The screen showed Katie Killjoy taking huge gulps out of a cup.

((*PSST! m-miss killjoy...you're on!*)) spoke a hushed voice.

Katie angrily threw her half empty cup (and, a scream was heard in the distance.)

(("Breaking-(*clears throat*)-News..")) spoke Katie. (("a Riot appears to have broken out in the Entertainment District of Pentagram City.

Eyewitnesses report that one of the assailants has a "Flaming Skull" for a face."))

 Everyone (sans Husk) either gasped, or had shocked looks frozen on their eyes.

..though none were more concerned than Mayberry, and of course Charlie.

 (("waitaminute...I'm getting new information.")) spoke Katie, as she pressed at her ear. (("Say that AGAIN...what?...ARE YOU SHITTING ME RIGHT NOW!!?...Unbelievable.

Folks, it appears we have not just ONE Ghost Rider here in Hell...BUT, TWO!! TWO F**KING GHOST RIDERS!!

Ohh, but it gets "better". It seems both of these riders are FIGHTING EACH OTHER!! As if ONE was bad enough, NOW we have TWO of them duking it out like a pair of drunks in a bar...

(*shouting*) ...EXCEPT THEY'RE TAKING THEIR BRAWL INTO THE STREETS, AND LITERALLY TEARING THE CITY APART!!

Now, Ordinarily, this would be fine...BUT THE CLEANSING ENDED MONTHS AGO!! THE TIME FOR ENGAGING IN TURF WARS HAS LONG SINCE EXPIRED!!!

so, I ask you dear watchers: DOES ANYONE *STILL* FEEL THINGS ARE "BETTER" WITH THE GHOST RIDER HERE IN HELL!!?"))

 As Katie was ranting and raving, live video footage was being displayed on-screen. Which indeed showed TWO Ghost Riders locked in a fierce battle somewhere in the city.

Charlie covered her mouth as locked onto Damien. whose jacket and pants looked torn, and even his body language implied he was feeling fatigued.

...and, while they couldn't get a good look at the *other* Ghost Rider. They could tell that he was much bigger, and looked more 'demonic' looking compared to Damien.

It's every punch created shockwaves that kept knocking Damien around like ragdoll.

"oh, my GOD!!" exclaimed Mayberry, in shock. "MY BABY!!"

The room fell silent as everyone was frozen in place, their eyes locked onto the screen.

They were all thinking the same thing...and, dreaded it.

Were they bearing witness to The DEATH of the Ghost Rider??!

[End of Part 29]

**********

[Author Notes]

I originally intended for HALF of this chapter to take place at the Hotel with Charlie and Friends, while the other half would focus on the battle between Ghost Rider and Vengeance...

But, I decided to save that for it's own chapter, and instead Segway into that using Katie Killjoy as a framing device.

Speaking of, I must point out that after playing Marvel's Spider-Man and Spider-Man: Miles Morales on my PlayStation 4, I decided to write Katie as a "bitchier" version of J. Jonah Jameson's "Alex Jones-esque" portrayal from those games.

You know...a loud mouthed, opinionated news anchor that complains all the time, and likes to twist everything good thing that the hero character does as something insidious.

(and, well...I doubt that would be too OOC for Katie Killjoy. I mean, even her name "Killjoy" implies she is like that.)

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

258K 8.3K 86
In 1989, (Y/n) was in the seventh grade when her Best friend's death changed her life. Sure they had a good life together, always defending each othe...
18.8K 414 10
Hazbin Hotel is the story of Glacia Frostwraith, a former assassin and current royal nanny of Charlie Morningstar, the princess of Hell, who pursues...
24.3K 916 17
Once an Archangel, God's other Hand, and the favorite sister. But she was banished, cut off her dignity and pride, and reincarnated as a Mortal- a hu...
609 10 8
Charlie one day was scrolling through her Hellphone trying to think of a good exercise for the Happy Gang to get closer and to make a plan to partner...