Love is War - Dream

By Kairizx

It started as a battle, for freedom, against tyranny. And became something greater, it broke so many. There w... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
Love is War

Chapter 50

9.3K 381 440
By Kairizx

Samantha's POV

" What? " I silently gasped, my eyes slightly widening. My breathing was put to a stop when I heard the words I never thought I would hear from him. It was the biggest surprise yet, and the best, I suppose. The heart inside my chest started to beat rapidly, and there was no lie that it was singing for something very obvious.

Clay continued to stare at me, his hand still holding mine's along with our bodies basically inches away from each other. Slowly, I felt waves of warmth scatter my face in one full splash as soon as I heard his obnoxious laugh, releasing all the pent up amusement he hid as he let's go of my hand. Bewildered, I stared at him.

" You should've seen your face! " He laughed out loud, almost a little too loud.

I frowned, not that I was put in a bad mood. I just find his laughter quite— something.

" Well, I can't, unfortunately. " I replied dryly, much like my humor. But it did earn a snort from the blonde, which I guessed was a pity gift for my attempt of joking.

He placed a hand on my shoulder, which made me turn my head and suddenly felt a poke on the side of my face. I quickly realized it was his finger, he laughed again.

I rolled my eyes. " What did you mean by that? "

" What? "

" The whole 'love' thing. "

He continued to act clueless, staring at me with his bug " innocent " eyes.

" What? "

I scoffed in disbelief. " Love is War, I'll be you soldier—? What does that even mean? " Although it may sound hilarious, I actually had an Idea on what it meant, it's just my thoughts stopping me.

His eyes quickly fell on me, as soon as I said that. His smirk grew wider and he quickly inched a little too close for the comfort of my scrambling emotions. Of course, with how close he has gotten, I had troubles on to avoiding eye contact. It wasn't just awkward, but made me a lot nervous as well, like a different type of nervous. I bit my lip unknowingly and moved my eyes everywhere but on him. I regretted that immediately.

I gasped as Clay pulls me down to the soft ground and quite literally pinned me there. His hand was wrapped tightly on my wrist while the other remained behind me, as to make it careful not to hurt me in the process. But I was too caught up with our position to even acknowledge the slightest pain. At this point, I couldn't breathe properly. He smelled exactly like a Fresh Morning breeze, and it was intoxicating my brain.

He sighed deeply and his head slightly fell, along with one of his arm that bent, making his lips brush against my ears as I flinch. Now, there was really no more space to even consider, just one move and, that's it.

" How did I even let myself in to this? " It didn't seem like he was talking to me at all, he was in a deep conversation with himself while he continued to rest his face right beside my ear. " You're making things very hard for me. "

I chuckled nervously, not knowing how to react. " Same goes for you— I don't understand you at all, Clay. "

" That's the problem, You wouldn't understand even if I explain it to you. "

We both stayed the same for a minute, until I gently pushed him off of me as I sat up. He was surprised, but he didn't react as much and continued to rest his forehead on my shoulder while his hands remained where it was. I must admit, it made me feel things I shouldn't, considering the circumstances— but I couldn't help it. With just a simple feeling of his hot breath brushing against my bare neck, my heart was already jumping in all sorts of places that really made me Anxious, thinking he'd hear it with how loud it was pounding through my ears.

" Was that an Insult? " I cleared my throat and used joking as a coping mechanism. Sadly, he didn't take it and responded with a shake of his head. I immediately stopped myself from speaking again, knowing I would probably go too far if I do.

" Then, tell me? " I asked, although I get impatient some times, I didn't want to push it in too much, and I was too tired to do so. When I thought it would be a normal response, I was taken aback as he grabbed my jaw and forced me to face him. My eyes widened than ever before.

His gaze were so different during this moment, more soft that I knew eyes could be. The Clay, I knew was now long gone, instead it is someone else I was staring at. Usually I would drop my gaze, but with him I'm drawn closer, always caught in its' Emerald color. Some say: You never really find someone's eyes beautiful with just the color or it being unique, it only happens when you see what's inside it— And that's exactly how I see it, almost like I've known him, do I?

Clay looked at me for a second, his gaze trailing down from my eyes, to my lips. I instinctively bit my lip at how Nervous I was, even my hands were closed tight in to a fist on top of my legs. I closed my eyes and held it that way for a second, until I had built enough courage to face the man that was driving me crazy with just a look.

As I open my eyes, I felt my whole world stop at the weird yet satisfying sensation on top of my lips. At that moment, I started to lose it, somehow giving in to the feeling of bliss. Without any of my control, my eyes closed as I sat frozen on the ground, before he started to get closer and moved his lips against mine. Surprised, I backed my head away, just for the back of my head to hit his palm.

The aura seemed to change in that exact moment. His hand slowly trailed down and landed on the back of my neck, grasping it to push me closer. As I was starting to melt in it, he quickly pulled himself away from me, but not enough to maintain a distance. Our foreheads touched slightly, before I fell and laid my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes and listened to his shallow breathing, while feeling him stroking my hand that I had left still connected with his.

" Do you know what it means now? " He asked, his voice startling me a little as I felt the vibrations through his shoulder. I bit the inside of my cheek and opened my eyes, watching the sight of the Moon being reflected from the ocean waters. Although I wanted to responde, I was already lost for words and the embarrassing realisation of what just happened started to kick in. He proceeded to chuckle because of this, and slipped his hand off of mine to pat me on the back.

" Come on, let's get you back. " He said and pushed himself up, before offering a hand for me.

I willingly accepted his hand, which I used to get up quickly from the ground without having to struggle, but the real pain was what I felt inside me as I watch him turn away without another word. Is he playing with me? I refused to move from my spot, causing him to turn and ask if anything was wrong. I felt the frustration bubble up inside me as I frown.

" Why— "

I scoffed and grabbed his hand. This time, it was him that was forced to face me. A taste of his own medicine. Once I could see a full view of his face, looking at him in the eyes made me Nervous again, but still doesn't bother me as much as what he was doing to me right now. I swallowed thickly, feeling a bit uncomfortable with how he was staring me down.

" You know why. " I muttered.

I immediately knew it was hopeless, the moment I listened to nothing but silence. I gritted my teeth and avoided my gaze as I slightly shake my head, I was in absolute disbelieve that he really had the guts to play dumb with me now. I cursed under my breath and glared at him the moment I looked back up.

" I don't like games, specially right after you do that—! " I was practically yelling, letting out my frustration. He really made the wrong choice of doing this.

He tilted his head. " What did I do? "

" Clay, you fucking kissed me! "

Just then, a smile appeared on his face, a ridiculously mischevious one that obviously resonates to whatever he was planning inside his mind right now. I mentally prepared for what's about to happen and felt my arm go up, realising that he grabbed it away from his wrist in which he used to pull me in. Unlike last time, I maintained my attention on the ground, not wanting to look at him anymore.

" You know why. "

___

Dream's POV

There's a kind of tired that needs a good night's sleep, and another that needs so much more. Today unfortunately, the two became together, hence the once feeling of a heavy jacket turned in to a pile of heavy bones on my whole body. I was entirely tired, emotionally and physically. Thinking about Samantha the whole way didn't help as well. Everywhere I looked, went to and did— the memory of what we did kept replaying.

I grabbed my mask and stared at the paint, frowning slightly as I noticed it was starting to fade with how long I've been using it now.

Clay, you fucking kissed me!

I can't lie to myself, that made me smile but there was one flaw to it. " Clay. " I mumbled with a scoff, a little on edge as soon as I thought about it. Not only does it bother me with how she calls me with a name that isn't even mine, it just sounds straight up bland. All I could do was hide inside my mask in embarrassment while slightly hitting me with it.

" You look a lot more horrible tonight. "

I instantly knew who it was, and raised my head to see him standing with his golden crown and massive gown that followed him wherever he went.

" Speak for yourself. " I fought back and started to tie my mask back on. A few days back, right after The Festival in Manburg, it wasn't a surprise that Tommy went through a whole lot about Techno betraying, regarding what happened to Samantha and Tubbo. But I'm not suppose to say, it all stays in pit.

" Atleast I can hide it better than you. " He raised an eyebrow at me.

Nervous, I adjusted my mask just to make sure I had it over all parts of my face.

" Your mask doesn't help, Clay. " He laughed.

" Oh, Fuck you. " I looked away and hid my hands inside my pocket, feeling a lot more Anxious now that I have a feeling that there's something Techno knows that he isn't telling me. He really knows how to get in to your nerves.

" Seriously, what are you planning after that? "

I tapped my shoe on the ground, thinking for a bit until I let out a deep sigh, not able to respond as I was still unsure. After all, the things I said and did back there wasn't even planned, I got a little too ahead of myself— or maybe, a lot.

" For what I heard a while ago, she called you Clay. " He looked at me seriously.

" Do you not want to tell her who you are or does she not remember you? "

I rubbed the back of my head while looking down, feeling a little uneasy now that I think about all of it, about her and the possibilities of the near future.

" Well— I admit, it kind of hurts but if you see it my way, it's like karma hitting me for what I did to her, back then. " I chuckled, hiding my pain as I played with my sleeves. " It'd be the best for her. "

________________________

love is war,
in war there is sacrifices.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 245 10
im so sorry if you see this without context. silly name, serious fic lol. tw for death and toxicity ig. HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA IM SO SORRY
50.4K 1.7K 16
His favorite color. The color dream wears almost everyday, because it was the only one George could see properly. George is gone. He went missing a...
51.7K 2.7K 43
BOOK TWO PRIME GODS AU READ DO I SHOOT HIM OR DO I AIM FOR THE SKIES FIRST! (A Friend From Another Life too, but it's not required.) (Y/N), and some...
25.1K 925 26
Y/n L/n or always known as "Sir Calypso". "He" is the best warrior that had ever lived, the one that ended the war. No one knows how nor will they ev...