The Villainess's Great Revenge

By JustVennabel_chan

Lilith Esther Bailey. A woman who was shunned by most due to her arrogant and cold personality. Compared to h... More

Characters (skippable)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
55.5
56
57
58
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
News
150
Chapter 151

59

17.8K 956 119
By JustVennabel_chan

After breakfast, Angelina went up to her room and a maid gave her a gown to wear.

However the dress wasn't too luxurious and looked quite plain and cheap.

Angelina was confused. It couldn't be that the emperor was a cheap person right...?

Her thoughts were written on her face so obviously, even the maid could guess what she was thinking.

The maid smirked and whispered to Angelina about Charles's plan. Angelina let out a smile.

She put on the cheap looking dress and the maids gave her makeup that made it look like she had some dirt on her face.

Once they were done, Angelina went outside the mansion, where she saw a carriage waiting for her.

Charles also was waiting outside for her.

She approached him and said, "hey...umm..thanks for helping me...I would probably be dead had you not done that..."

"I couldn't just stay and do nothing.... I would cause me great pain if you left me again..." He reached out and patted the top of her head.

Of course he immediately went to help her. He couldn't bear it if they end up seperatted once more.

Angelina stared at him in a daze. He really is handsome.

"Well I just wanted to express my thanks" she smiled.

"Mhmm" he backed away.

"Well, I'll be going now." Angelina turned around and went inside the carriage.

He watched as the carriage went further and further away.

His heart itched again. He felt extremely guilty and pity for her.

He felt the urge to dote and cherish her again.

When she smiled, he noticed she wasn't as lively and spirited as she used to be.

She did go through a lot...

The carriage was now out of his line if sight, and he felt a surge of determination withing him.

This time..

He definitely won't let her be harmed again.

*************
The carriage stopped near the Skyler estate's gates, but far enough so no one can see them.

Angelina got off the carriage and said her thanks to the servants who took her here.

She could see the silouet of the mansion from there.

The carriage took of and Angelina walked slowly towards the direction of the mansion.

After walking for about twenty minutes, a few of the guards who were on duty, spotted her and immediately reported it to their leader.

While some of them went to tell the duke, some came running over to help Angelina back on horse.

The guard reached out his hand told her to get on the horse.

Angelina stretched out her arm and thanked him.

"Thank you, sir" she smiled charmingly.

He blushed but immediately pushed away the thought and made their way toward the mansion.

Since she was no longer just walking and was now on horse, they arrived much faster.

The whole Skyler family was just done eating breakfast and was about to leave the dining room, when they heard the news.

"Your grace!....the youngest miss....she has returned!" The servant boy shouted.

"What!?" The duke exclaimed, shocked.

"Are you telling the truth..!?" The Duchess's eyes immediately shower hope and joy.

"Of course, your grace..!"

Evelina's expression darkened but she his it immediately.

Alex's expression didn't change.

Marie who was now demoted to a regular maid after Angelina 'died', was currently present in the dining room and her face immediately brightened.

She was the first person to run out the dining room.

The others followed behind.

Angelina was already there when they arrived in the lobby.

Seeing that her daughter was alive and okay, the duchess bursted into tears and ran to hug her.

"Lina! Oh my Lord....are you alright? Where were you..!?"

"It's a long story, mother. I'll explain later."

"Miss! I was so worried!" Marie also went to hug Angelina. She was so afraid to lose someone dear to her...again..

"Angelina. Where did you go..?" The duke asked her, trying to act concerned. But on the inside, he felt more confusion and shock then concerned.

"As I have said, father, I'll explain later. I wish to wash up first and get changed. I'm not exactly too clean after all of this...."

Looking at her face that had some dust on it, the duke didn't find any fault in her words and let Marie take her upstairs.

But before Angelina followed Marie upstairs, she approached Evelina first.

She held both Evelina's hands and said, "sister. Congratulations on your engagement to young master Chase! Even when I was far away, I could still hear everyone talking about it!"

Angelina seemed like she was truly congratulating Evelina, but both Evelina and Alex, who was behind Evelina could see her threatening eyes.

Then she quietly went upstairs with Marie supporting her.

Seeing the beautiful silver haired lady walk up the stairs gracefully, Evelina gritted her teeth. But it was concealed with an afraid expression.

**************

After taking a warm bath, Marie helped Angelina change and comb her hair.

Angelina was facing the mirror, and she could see Marie tearing up.

She glanced at her and asks, "what's wrong Marie..?"

"It's just....I was so worried miss...." Marie trembled and her tears fell.

"Well I'm okay now right?" Angelina chuckled.

"Mhmm. That's good...miss...next time...I'm going to follow you everywhere! No excuses!"

Angelina sighed.

"If that makes you feel better" she smiled.

Marie was a very good and caring person. She's also simple and unambitious. Which is why Angelina likes her.

Marie doesn't have ulterior motives and doesn't want to get involved in much. She just wants a simple life.

"Hey...Marie"

"Yes miss?"

"Why do you care about me so much...?"

"......" Marie's eyes darkened. She suddenly remembered something and clenched the brush in her hand.

"Miss just...reminds me of someone..."

"...?" Angelina still didn't understand, but she didn't want to ask any further. It was obvious Marie wasn't comfortable telling her.

Marie used to have a little sister actually.

However her little sister had no name. Marie's parents died of illness. Leaving her and her infant sister alone to survive on their own.

Her parents left her a decent amount of money, but it couldn't last long.

Marie was able to raise her sister for four years before her sister got ill.

By then, the money was already running out. Marie had to starve herself to be able to provide her sister food.

But no matter how much she could save money, Marie could still never afford the medicine for her sister.

She still remember how her sister looked like when she was on her last few days.

Since Marie's little sister didn't have a name that was given by their parents, Marie called her "Rin".

Rin was laying down on her bed. They only had one bed in their small wooden home.

"Sis....." Rin called out to Marie weakly. "It hurts.....I'm so hungry..."

"Sh...sh.... it's going to be okay. Look...your amazing big sister just got some more money! I'll go cook you some delicious soup after I buy some ingredients okay?"

"Sniff...sniff....okay..." Rin found it harder to breathe each day. "Sis....when am I going to get better...?"

The young Marie's body stiffened and she forced out a smile.

"Soon Rin. Just focus on resting and getting back your strength, okay?."

".....can I really get better...?"

Marie smiled gently.

"Of course."

"You promise..?"

"I promise." Marie placed her hand on Rin's.

Once Marie left, she immediately broke down into tears. She knew she couldn't do anything.

She tried to make money and get a job. But no one wanted to hire her since she was still a child.

She sold some of her belongings to be able to buy some food.

Marie knew Rin couldn't get better, but she didn't want to tell her that. How could she say that to her little sister!?

Three days later, Rin died.

Marie was completely alone now.

While wandering the streets, she bumped into a lady. That lady turned out to be the Duchess's former personal maid.

After seeing the circumstances Marie was living under, the maid felt pity and took her in.

And that was how Marie entered the mansion.

While living in the mansion, she heard that the Duchess has given birth to a daughter.

Marie didn't think much of it and continued on her usual life.

However, one day, Marie was about 15 years old when she heard that the youngest lady got sick. Extremely sick.

She got the chance to see the young sick Angelina once, and when she did, she immediately felt a connection towards her and felt sympathy towards the child.

Angelina reminded her of her deceased younger sister a lot.

From that day on, Marie took on the job as Angelina's maid and is in charge of taking care of her. Marie cared for Angelina as if she was her little sister.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20 1 4
{The body of a goddess with the mind of a killer} Even though she's the dream girl to many, her heart don't belong to any. A stone cold young adult w...
Mastim's Curse By Mark Board

Mystery / Thriller

1.7K 181 50
Lilith walked the Earth for the first time in a thousand years. Her long black hair draped thickly over her shoulders. Dark eyes and full lips set of...
15.6K 400 29
Book 2 of The Adeline Series after a while of silence. It was just us beneath the billions of stars, then Tom pointed his hand to a bright shining s...