Lies, Lies And More Lies✔️

By krystall_xoxo

Book #2 - 'Nothing But The Truth' is now up on my profile ***************************************************... More

Lies, Lies And More Lies
1: I'm Engaged
2: Let's Get Married
3: I'll Take That Bet
4: I Can't Wait To Prove You Wrong
5: Ignore Him, He's Drunk.
6: Don't You Dare!
7: It's A Date
8: I'm Done With You
9: It Was Love At First Sight
10: We Made Bad Choices
11: You Dated Michael B Jordan?
12: Angry In Peace
13: Who's Your New House Guest?
14: Trouble In Paradise
15: Beggars Aren't Choosers
16: On Second Thought
17: A Good Looking Tree
18: A March Wedding
19: Tell The Truth
20: This Not So Lovely Midnight
21: A Friendly Game
22: A Win Is A Win
23: What's The Plan?
24: Let's Kidnap My Cousin
25: I Wasn't Alone
25.1: Such A Screw Up
26: Above Water
27: This Isn't My First Rodeo
28: I'll Call You Cady
29: In Your Dreams
30: One Lucky Lady
31: Tee Tee, Do You Love Me?
32: Derrek Dune Is Derrek Done For
33: Can't Take A Joke
34: Who's In trouble Now?
36: Scooby Dooby Ruby!
37: Surrounded By Criminals
38: Can You Hear Me?
39: Not Out Of The Woods Yet
40: Hear Me Cry
41: Twilight
42: What Do You See?
43: Once Bitten, Twice Shy
44: We Could Use A Time Machine
45: I'm Sorry She Hurt You
46: The first time is always nerve wracking.
47: You Poor Thing
48: The Big Sister I Never Had
49: Another Woman's Fiancé
50: The Heartache
51: Don't Play Dumb
52: Two Truths And A Lie
53: Destination Unknown
54: The Biggest Fool In The world
55: The Girl Who Torpedoed My Life
56: In The Rain
57: Selfish Reasons
58: I Call It The Broken Wife
59: You Should Leave
60: If The Truth Came Out
61: Because Of You
62: Not Murder But Close
63: Midnight Sugar Picnic
64: The Truth Is
65: You Need To Leave
66: Promise Not To Tell
67: That girl and her anger issues
68: Tough Girls Cry
69: Sunlight
70: Name Your Price
71: I Was Framed
72: Understand
73: Truthfully
74: I Would Never Do That
75: Everyone Struggles
76: Apartment On Fire
77: Fireworks
78(Part I): Till Death Do Us Part
78(Part II): A Moment's Peace
79(Part I): The Fear Was Real
79(Part II): The Fear Was My Reality
80(Part I): Ghost Of The Past
80(Part II): I Love You!
Book #2: Nothing But The Truth

35: Liars Are Loosers

469 89 19
By krystall_xoxo

A/N:

Please check out the author's note at the end of the chapter❤️

The moment I stepped into the house, I knew I had made a huge mistake. Coming here was a mistake, I was sure of it but I was willing to give my parents the benefit of the doubt. I had been away from home for too long already and if they were willing to stretch out an olive branch, I had to take it. However, when the first face I saw was Ruby's, I began having second thoughts.

"Ruby." I eyed her up and she did the same to me before placing a fake smile on her evil face.

"Tiara, I'm so happy you're home." She walked up to me and wrapped her arms around me. "You've got guts coming back here, you little brat." She whispered in my ear and I responded by pinching her back. She let go of me instantly as she winced in pain. Served her right.

"Tiara!" I heard Adiola scream as she rushed down the stairs. "I missed you so much! Why didn't you answer any of my calls?" She wrapped her arms around me and I smiled, happy that I had seen her again after what felt like forever.

"I'm sorry, Addy. It wasn't intentional." I told her as I gave her a tight hug. I had ignored her calls but it wasn't because I didn't care to talk to her, it was because I knew she was going to beg me to come home and I would have given in as I could barely ever say no to her. However, I did text her a few times in the three days I was gone to tell her I was alright and that I missed her.

"It's okay. I'm just glad you're back. Please, don't leave again." She pleaded as she let me go and I gave her a simple smile although the situation wasn't that simple. My staying at home only depended on how my parents reacted today.

"Mommy, Tiara's home!" Adiola called out to my mom who had just walked into the living room. I felt my heart begin to pound in my chest as her eyes met mine. They were not as hostile as they had been the last time I had seen her.

"Good evening, mom." I greeted and she gave a nod of acknowledgement.

"You're dad and brother are in the dining room. Let's join them." She motioned for me to follow her as she turned around to head down the hallway leading into the dining room.

I took in a deep breath before heading towards the dining room with Adiola clinging onto my arm like she was scared I would disappear if she let go of me. I had really missed her.

"Well, look who's finally decided to show up." Benjamin was the first to speak as I walked into the dining room. "How was life in the streets?"

"I was not sleeping in the streets, idiot!" I scowled at him and he smirked, happy that he had succeeded in annoying me. As much as I hated to say it, I had somewhat missed him.

"Then how is it that you look homeless?" He gestured my appearance and I rolled my eyes before settling down on a seat far away from him and my parents in the dining table. I was far from looking homeless. I looked cool if I said so myself. My white t-shirt and red joggers were paired very nicely and my white Nike sneakers just tied the entire look together.

I was about to reply Benjamin when I caught the eye of my dad. I turned to him instead and bowed my head in his direction.

"Good evening, dad."

"You look well. How have you been?" He responded with a ghost of a smile on my lips. I was a bit relieved to see that he wasn't annoyed with my being here.

"I've been alright." I answered, giving him a small smile and he nodded before leaning forward in his seat. He rested his elbows and lower arms on the table and interlaced his fingers, then, he took a look at everyone present at the table. We were all here, including Ruby.

"Now that we are all here, I think it's time we addressed the problems that have seemed to divide this family." Dad began, glancing at me. "As a family, we are supposed to be capable of forgiving each other's mistakes, not letting it drive a wedge between us."

I almost scoffed at his statement. They had let Ruby drive a wedge between us and for the fact that she was still here, that wedge was only going to grow bigger.

"Tiara." Dad glanced at me. "Your mother and I have decided to forgive your mistakes-"

"My mistakes?" I blurted out before I could catch myself. I didn't mean to sound so rude but the entire statement was frustrating. "I'm sorry. What I meant to say was, I wasn't the one who made a mistake. I was wrongly accused by Ruby and my own parents trusted her words blindly, not believing a single word I said." I tried to stay as calm as I could as I spoke. I didn't want to disrespect my parents, I just wanted them to hear me for once.

"I understand that we should have properly investigated the matter before accusing you." Dad said and I pursed my lips to stop myself from giving a snarky comeback.

"Tiara, when Ruby told me about the test kit, I was so angry! I thought I had failed as a mother! I thought I had done a terrible job of raising you! It's not any mother's prayer for their daughter to be pregnant out of wedlock! No mother wants their daughter to be mocked by the society for getting herself knocked up! I know I should have handled the situation better but I let my emotions get the better of me and I hurt you in the process." Mom explained. It had sounded like an apology but I wasn't really sure what it was cause she had yelled halfway through her speech.

"What your mother is trying to say is that we are sorry for not trusting you." Dad added and mom nodded, giving a sigh.

"We could have handled the situation better." Mom said and I nodded in agreement.

"So, you believe me now?" I asked, glancing from my mother to my father, back to my mother.

"We're willing to hear you out." Mom said and I noticed Ruby shift uncomfortably where she was seated across from me. Today was surely going to be her downfall.

"Thank you." I gave my mom a grateful smile and sat upright as I started to speak. "Firstly, I am not pregnant and second, that test kit did not belong to me, it belonged to Ruby and I'm positive about it."

"Tiara-"

"No, mom. The test was Ruby's. She's pregnant and I can prove it. I have proof."

"How?" Ruby spoke up for the first time since we got to the table and I glared at her.

"That's irrelevant, cousin."

"Is it really? Why don't you tell your parents just how you got this proof? Don't you want them to know how low you were willing to stoop to prove yourself right?"

I swallowed hard as I saw the slight smirk on her lips. In that moment, I knew that she knew everything. She had figured everything out.

"Uncle, Aunt." Ruby glanced at my parents. "Tiara and her friends kidnapped me. I didn't want to have to tell you this but it seems I have no other choice. I didn't mean to lie about where I've been for the past two days but I didn't want to put Tiara in more trouble."

"Ruby, what are you saying?" Mom gasped, glancing from me to Ruby.

"In order to prove to you that I'm supposedly pregnant, Tiara had her friends kidnap me right after I felt Derrek's house two days ago. I'd been held against my will and I was forced at gunpoint to take a pregnancy test."

"Wow, Ruby! Where do you come up with these lies?" I gave a laugh, shaking my head. Technically, I didn't have Ruby kidnapped, although, I had knowledge of her kidnapping. Ruby was trying to get herself out of the hot seat by turning the focus to me but I was never going to let her succeed. Two could play this game.

"Did you really think I couldn't recognize your voice in the hallway?" Ruby pushed on. "Oh and your fiancé's voice was the loudest. I know he was in on it too."

"You're a liar, Ruby. Liars are loosers!"

"There's no point in denying it, Tiara. I know the truth and I'm going to make you pay for this."

"Tiara, is this true?" Dad turned to me. He sounded surprisingly calm.

"I didn't send anyone to kidnap her." I said honestly. I really didn't send Naborhi to kidnap her. I was completely unaware until I saw her at Naborhi's house.

"Oh, God!" Mom yelled out, shaking her head. My heart pounded in my chest as I feared that she wasn't going to believe me. She was going to side with Ruby once again.

"Mom, she's lying. I did no such thing. Ruby is a liar and a deceit. You can't believe anything she says." I turned to Ruby who glared at me. I could play just as dirty as she could. She had forgotten who I was too soon. Hell, I had forgotten who I was as well but I was well reminded now. I wasn't anyone's push over.

"I'm done arguing with you." Ruby said, getting up to her feet. "I'm going to the police station to file a complaint. You can argue with the police when they're here to arrest you for kidnapping."

"Okay. Have fun with that." I waved at her, trying not to smile as I saw the frustrated look on her face. She had been expecting me to loose control and attack her like I'd always done, so she could play the victim card and I could be the villain that hit her or pushed her or even attempted to kill her. I had always fallen for her tricks right since we were kids but I had finally figured out her play.

"Tiara, you're going to jail." She continued to glare but I maintained my cool. "Confess now and I might forgive you."

"I will not confess to a crime I didn't commit." I stood my ground. "Be sure to show the police your evidence. You must have one to back your claims like you did before with the test kit, right?" I got up to my feet. "I'll drop you off if you want. I'm also on my way to file a case against you for defamation of character."

"Nobody is going anywhere!" Mom yelled as she sprang up to her feet. "This matter is going to die here and now, sho gbo?[Do you understand?]"

"But Aunt, she kidnapped me!"

"I know my daughter! I know what she's capable of and kidnapping isn't one of them!" Mom disagreed with Ruby and I was actually surprised by her words. She was defending me.

"Yes! Tiara would never kidnap someone! Ruby, you're a liar! You're the biggest liar I have ever seen! You're so shameless!" Adiola added, getting up to her feet as well.

"Hey! Watch your mouth!" Mom warned, eyeing Adiola who held her lips with her index and middle fingers as she sat down.

"Adiola is right mom. Ruby is a liar. I knew the story about the Tiara's pregnancy was a lie the moment I had heard it. This false story just proves that Ruby is a lying bi-person. She's a lying person." Benjamin added, glaring at Ruby who looked like the world had ended for her.

"I always thought you to be a good girl, Ruby, but it seems I was wrong about you. How dare you accuse my daughter of kidnapping?" Dad faced Ruby and she swallowed hard, rubbing the side of her face.

"Sir, it's not a lie. Tiara kidnapped me. You have to believe me, please!"

Just then, my phone buzzed in front of me on the table where I'd set it down. I took a peek to see it was a message from Naborhi.

Ana: The test results are out. Freaking Scooby Dooby Ruby is pregnant.

********************************

Hey guys!!

I've got a new book up called "Frame It And Pin It". Please check it out on my profile as you wait for the next update of Lies Lies And More Lies.

Thank you❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390 103 35
A struggling 21-year-old young woman who got in a car accident while coming from college back to her apartment got her leg injured and is unable to w...
28.6K 2.7K 25
"So I was just a pawn in your game." "Why did you choose politics over me and mummy?" "Aisha that's not true." "Then what's true? Tell me what is t...
741K 20.9K 42
Caira and Chris have always been best friends. Their moms were friends since a very young age, Caira and Chris are bound to be close and best friends...
White Lies (Book 1) By Lily W

Mystery / Thriller

10.6M 179K 44
Jesabel is a liar. When her only friend mysteriously disappears, she does what comes naturally. She keeps her truth from the world. Without warning...