MARRY ME, ADELAIDE

By Sellyfronce

A man, a lover, a heartthrob, a prince A woman, a girl, a beauty, a slave Nothing short of a death sentence a... More

Chapter 1: THE PRINCE OF AMARIS
Chapter 2: ADELAIDE
Chapter 3: PAINS OF A SLAVE
Chapter 4: ROYALTY
Chapter 5: CARING FOR A SLAVE
Chapter 6: CONFESSIONS
Chapter 7: ROYAL HEARING
Chapter 8: STABLE AFFAIRS
Chapter 9: MEMORIES
Chapter 10: MEMORIES (2) -FIRST ENCOUNTER
Chapter 11: MEMORIES(3) -NORMAL CONVERSATIONS
Chapter 12: MEMORIES(4) -THE BROTHEL
Chapter 13: MEMORIES(5) -MEETING AGAIN
Chapter 14: A DAY IN THE CASTLE
Chapter 15: SURPRISE
Chapter 16: BIRTHDAY
Chapter 17: NEW SLAVE
Chapter 18: PLAN
Chapter 19: ROYAL INVITATION
Chapter 20: CELEBRATIONS
Chapter 21: COUPLES
Chapter 22: THE PRINCE'S CHAMBERS
Chapter 23: NEW BEGINNING
Chapter 24: CASTLE KITCHENS
Chapter 25: LADY-IN-WAITING
Chapter 26: OFFER
Chapter 27: REASSURANCE
Chapter 28: SECRETS
Chapter 30: ANGER AND I LOVE YOU'S
Chapter 31: COURAGE TO TELL HIM
Chapter 32: THE BANQUET
Chapter 33: LEAVE!
Chapter 34: MOVING ON
Chapter 35: THE TRUTH
Chapter 36: HIS DECISION
Chapter 37: OPENING UP
Chapter 38: "NICHOLAS"
Chapter 39: REQUEST
Chapter 40: CAUGHT
Chapter 41: CASTLE CHAPEL
Chapter 42: THE KING'S CHAMBERS
Chapter 43: AT DAWN
Chapter 44: DEATH...ALLY
Chapter 45: SEVERING TIES
Chapter 46: BABY
Chapter 47: REGRET
Chapter 48: MARRY ME, ADELAIDE
BACK AGAIN!
LADY LAILA, COMING SOON!
BLOOD OF KHARIS IS OUT NOW!
BONUS CONTENT: FEMALE LEAD INTERVIEW
I'M COMING BACK!

Chapter 29: GRACE'S REPORT

8.1K 532 32
By Sellyfronce

Adelaide's heart starts pounding so loud, it's almost deafening.

"I don't understand what you're talking about-"

"Adelaide," Maria says, stopping in her tracks, the young woman turning to her, her palms sweaty.

"I am no fool. I have children and have had maids who got pregnant in the castle. Your weight gain, fatigue, and unusual sickness all at once is not a coincidence."

Tears form in Adelaide's eyes as Maria narrates the symptoms she has been experiencing. Truth be told, she knew for a while now that she is pregnant, but she has been so scared to say anything. Who could she possibly trust to tell this secret? Certainly not her friends in the kitchen. She would have told them if the father was not the prince of Amaris! Keeping her relationship a secret from them is enough a burden as it is.

"Addy, don't cry," Maria says, dropping her items, taking the girl in her arms as they sit by a tree. Maria is all too familiar with maids getting pregnant in the castle, but what she did not plan in her career as a head maid, was to help a maid pregnant for the PRINCE! She herself is confused about what to do.

When Adelaide seems to have calmed down, she asks, "How far along do you think you are?"

Addy sniffs, wiping her eyes, "About nine"

"Weeks?!"

She nods, wiping her runny nose.

"Christ Adelaide! How long do you think you could go without telling anyone? Till you start to show?!"

"It only looks like I added a little weight to my stomach."

"That's how it's supposed to look like Addy," Maria says in shock. She never knew she was this far along! What would have happened if she did not choose to confront her now? More importantly, what should she do? The older woman takes a deep breath but tells her what she has told every maid that has been pregnant.

"You need to tell him."

Adelaide jerks off Maria, looking at her like she's lost her mind

"What?"

"There's nothing else to do."

"I can just leave the castle"

"Like he will not follow you. Adelaide that man loves you to death, there's no way he will sit back and let you walk out of his life like that."

"But I don't want to ruin his life," she explains, tears leaving her eyes again.

"He's a prince-"

"That loves you."

"He's not ready for a child."

"And how would you know that?"

She reserves her comments, looking down at her palms. It will be stupid to say that she did not know the consequences of him making love to her, but for some reason, she thought the prince knew what he was doing.

"I thought he was infertile," she mutters to herself, Maria laughing out loud.

"Are you serious?" she says, raising her eyebrow. Adelaide nods in all honesty. "Well, this should tell you something."

"What?"

"He knew he wasn't infertile but still made love to you so many times. He didn't even give you any medicine to prevent conception, even though those barely work. Maybe he wanted you to get pregnant."

Adelaide has thought about this situation so many times, but her mind calls her crazy all the time for conceiving of such thoughts.

"Even if it's true, I do not have the courage to tell him yet when I am still unsure of how he will react. I don't want him to think I have ruined his life."

Maria cradles the frail girl against her chest as she gently pats her back. "It's alright. If your calculations are correct, with your current body weight, you have about three weeks, before people start to notice. By that time you should have told the prince. I will not tell him or pressure you. Telling him is entirely your decision. I promise not to get involved, but don't hesitate to tell me if something is bothering you."

"Thank you."

"Anytime. Now try as hard as possible to act naturally. There is a banquet coming up a week from today, and knowing the prince, he will have the two of us stationed nearby."

Addy nods, wiping her tears and standing up, picking the items that Maria had bought, and heading with her back to the castle.

Adelaide had honestly thought of killing her baby at first, but it didn't last a day. She had to pray for forgiveness for thinking of such a thing. Who in their right mind will end a child created from love-making? Certainly not her. It is possible for someone who says that he or she loves you to switch immediately when a baby is involved. But what if he doesn't? How will he handle it? They certainly cannot run away. Will she be in hiding while he follows his parents' wishes to marry Grace or another royal?

All these thoughts make her so tired. She places her hand on her belly for a brief second. She has fallen deeply in love with this baby and will do anything for him or her. Right now she believes keeping this information from the prince is best.

Grace gently taps her knuckles against the wooden door before her. She did not want to go this far, but they have left her no choice.

"Come in," the voice beckons. The Lady of House Castille walks inside bowing her head in respect before coming eye to eye with Queen Mira of Amaris.

"Grace, this is an unexpected visit. Is something the matter?"

"My Queen, I am afraid so. It is about your son," she replies, taking a seat by the table.

The Queen is in her nightgown, placing the teacup that was once by her mouth, on the table.

"Grace, my son has never taken a liking to you. I cannot force him to change his feelings." Grace feels a sting at her heart. Charlotte had told her that the queen is only using her, but she didn't think much of it until now.

"I don't understand what you mean, My Queen."

Mira chuckles, placing her hands on her laps. "Grace, whether or not my son decides to marry you is entirely his decision."

"But you and his royal majesty, the king, said the prince will marry me-"

"If he is not engaged to marry another by the end of the year. Listen Grace, I know my son very well. I believe he would rather choose another royal than you."

Grace feels a lump in her throat, her forehead producing a few beads of sweat as she tries to comprehend the queen's hurtful words. "So, you told the prince he would marry me-"

"As a time constraint," she cuts her off with a smile.

"Grace, there is no need for you to be upset over this. The prince may end up marrying you, but I cannot guarantee it. I can help you find a suitor if this does not work out." The queen's smile does not leave her face, as she takes Grace's hand patting it gently.

Grace looks at the queen, and for the first time, she sees nothing but an evil, cunning, and sinister face looking back at her. The Lady smiles back, determined to hide any sign of weakness in front of her. If the queen has made it clear that she is using her, she will just use her too.

Mira is taken aback when the woman opposite her chuckles, clearing her throat. "My Queen, I must say that your words have surprised me but I hope your level of surprise will not overtake mine when I tell you that your beloved son already has a woman in his life."

Grace watches as the queen's fake smile turns sour immediately, her heart content at getting a reaction out of her.

"What do you mean?" the queen asks, adjusting herself on her seat, doing what she does best, composing herself, but it is no use, as her behavior is seen through.

Now it is Grace's turn to smile at the queen. "I am sure you were shocked to have found out that your son has resumed his trip to the brothels, even bringing some to his chambers for entertainment. I think it will be wise to inform you that he honestly hasn't gone back to the brothel since the broken engagement of last year."

Satisfaction is not enough to understand how elated Grace is as she sees how her words are affecting the queen.

"Your son has a lover, that is who he has been seeing since then. Of course, as a queen, you have put two and two together to find out that the mere fact he has not introduced this woman to any of you is because she is not of a status you will approve of. Probably, a village girl, maybe a servant, or a slave, perhaps even a maid in this very palace-"

"Enough!" The queen says, her chest rising and falling from anger. "How do you know this? Who is this woman?"

Yes, the satisfaction she has always wanted. "Would a rich man tell his friends he has a tree that grows money? No, because then the friends will not be dependent on him, he will be as good as their equal."

The queen realizes she has shown too much emotion to this Lady in front of her. It was probably a mistake on her part to underestimate Grace, she will be a valuable asset in this kingdom. She quickly plasters a smile on her face, taking another sip of the tea.

"This can only mean that my son will reject every suitor that comes his way until you are his only option. Very well Grace, please don't worry and trust me when I say I will talk and get him to his senses."

Grace's white teeth illuminate with pride as she has brought the queen to her knees. "Thank you so much, My Queen. I believe I shall take my leave now, it is very late."

"Yes of course, please do not hesitate to tell me more information. I am on your side."

She nods, standing up and heading to the door, "Sleep well My Queen," are her last words filled with utmost sarcasm, before she closes the door, smirking at the sound of a glass smashing the floor. No one dares toil with Grace of House Castille and gets away with it.

This chapter is dedicated to aishat2108, simplenadd, and BethPankoy, my new followers! Thank you so much! 

:)

Authors Note: I hope Adelaide's views don't make anyone seem any type of way...this is just her perspective as a character in my book. :) 

SEE YOU TOMORROW! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1M 264K 63
She leaves her family to live with a man she has never met. She's only read about him, and knows the hell she's getting into, but she does this to sa...
35 0 1
Princess. All my life, I have been waiting to become Queen, to finally be entitled to the throne. Having sleepless nights, studying hard, practicing...
87K 1K 9
A story from my hand-written sequel "Avalon" When the condemned life of a Virgin Slave is left at the mercy of a Prince, her mortal enemy, what happe...
8.8M 151K 36
(18+) "My mom is coming home any minute" I moan against his lips, my hands tugging up his shirt that covered his tone body "Ya sรจ" His deep, sexy v...