MARRY ME, ADELAIDE

By Sellyfronce

A man, a lover, a heartthrob, a prince A woman, a girl, a beauty, a slave Nothing short of a death sentence a... More

Chapter 1: THE PRINCE OF AMARIS
Chapter 2: ADELAIDE
Chapter 3: PAINS OF A SLAVE
Chapter 4: ROYALTY
Chapter 5: CARING FOR A SLAVE
Chapter 6: CONFESSIONS
Chapter 7: ROYAL HEARING
Chapter 8: STABLE AFFAIRS
Chapter 9: MEMORIES
Chapter 10: MEMORIES (2) -FIRST ENCOUNTER
Chapter 11: MEMORIES(3) -NORMAL CONVERSATIONS
Chapter 12: MEMORIES(4) -THE BROTHEL
Chapter 13: MEMORIES(5) -MEETING AGAIN
Chapter 14: A DAY IN THE CASTLE
Chapter 15: SURPRISE
Chapter 16: BIRTHDAY
Chapter 17: NEW SLAVE
Chapter 18: PLAN
Chapter 19: ROYAL INVITATION
Chapter 20: CELEBRATIONS
Chapter 21: COUPLES
Chapter 22: THE PRINCE'S CHAMBERS
Chapter 23: NEW BEGINNING
Chapter 24: CASTLE KITCHENS
Chapter 25: LADY-IN-WAITING
Chapter 26: OFFER
Chapter 27: REASSURANCE
Chapter 29: GRACE'S REPORT
Chapter 30: ANGER AND I LOVE YOU'S
Chapter 31: COURAGE TO TELL HIM
Chapter 32: THE BANQUET
Chapter 33: LEAVE!
Chapter 34: MOVING ON
Chapter 35: THE TRUTH
Chapter 36: HIS DECISION
Chapter 37: OPENING UP
Chapter 38: "NICHOLAS"
Chapter 39: REQUEST
Chapter 40: CAUGHT
Chapter 41: CASTLE CHAPEL
Chapter 42: THE KING'S CHAMBERS
Chapter 43: AT DAWN
Chapter 44: DEATH...ALLY
Chapter 45: SEVERING TIES
Chapter 46: BABY
Chapter 47: REGRET
Chapter 48: MARRY ME, ADELAIDE
BACK AGAIN!
LADY LAILA, COMING SOON!
BLOOD OF KHARIS IS OUT NOW!
BONUS CONTENT: FEMALE LEAD INTERVIEW
I'M COMING BACK!

Chapter 28: SECRETS

8.8K 624 61
By Sellyfronce

Grace pushes her meal to the side, hands on the table waiting for him to rain his own insults on her.

Nicholas takes a deep breath, it is best for him to listen to Maria to avoid anything that could jeopardize Adelaide's life.

"Why are you asking for my maids now? Are yours not doing enough for you?"

She carefully trails her eyes over the man standing in front of her. What could that woman possibly have that she does not?

"Grace!"

"Your highness. I apologize, I was overstepping my boundaries. I will never go anywhere near them again."

Charlotte has already cut her pride in half, she does not need the man she loves to massacre it any further.

Chadwick sighs, running his hand through his hair. She's not worth his time.

"Stay in your tracks. I don't need you poking your nose in my business."

"Yes, your highness."

Something definitely does not sit right with the prince. This woman only talks back to him and uses his mother as a shield, but today she's just...quiet.

"That's it?"

"What?" She places her meal in front of her, looking back up at him.

"You're not going to talk back or laugh?"

"Do you want me to?"

What?! Who is this imposter? She has all the features of Grace but behaves nothing like her.

"You're Grace right?"

The Lady chuckles wiping her mouth and standing up, walking to him. "Prince Nicholas, if you do not want me going near your maids I respect that. I will do anything you want...Anything," she says, touching his shoulder.

There she is. Nicholas takes a step back. "Do not involve yourself in my business. That's all I ask," he turns around heading out the door before she can throw herself on him again. How do women like this have no shame?

Grace's jaw clenches in anger and sadness...nothing has ever gone her way. What did she do in her past life that was so wrong?

***

"She's supposed to be in the kitchen Maria," Matilda says, folding her arms.

"She is a maid of the prince before she is a maid in the kitchen and I want her to accompany me in buying things today," Maria holds her ground.

Matilda looks at Adelaide with a worried look. She does not want her getting mixed up in these castle affairs, they get messy really quick and before anyone knows what is going on, someone is killed as punishment; the queen spares no one.

"Adelaide, do you want to go?" The woman asks, her voice incredibly soothing. "I'll be fine, thank you," she replies, a faint smile on her face.

Matilda reluctantly nods, allowing Maria and Adelaide to head off.

"You seem okay today, compared to last night," Maria comments as they walk towards the castle gates.

"Yes, I am feeling much better. I believe it was just the overwhelming events that occurred. I am not used to this."

"I understand." The women get to the gates and Maria turns to the guard on duty. He seems completely uninterested in the job at hand because his snores can be heard from a mile away. The man is standing, leaning against the gate, towards the corner, by the wall, his mouth wide open, inviting insects that seek any form of shelter.

"Open the gates!" Maria says in a loud voice, startling the guard who hits his head against the wall, groaning in pain.

Adelaide suppresses her amusement, bending her head to avoid making the man feel any sort of embarrassment.

The man jogs to the center, fumbling with the locks, muttering a few curse words under his breath, before he finally gets the piece of metal to open, He pushes half of the gate open, allowing the two women to pass, apologizing for the inconvenience.

"He's like this all the time," Maria says chuckling.

"Always sleeping?"

"Always. I wonder how he's still put on duty. It seems no one has complained about it. Not surprised, it serves as entertainment."

They walk on in comfortable silence, Adelaide admiring the rich part of the kingdom. The buildings are exquisite, unlike the ones in the rural area, where she has been all her life. If someone is dropped in the middle of Amaris, they will think that there are just two neighborly kingdoms instead of one. The contrast is too sharp.

"They like it that way," Maria says, drawing her out of her thoughts.

"What?!"

"You're comparing this part of the kingdom to the place where you are from."

"How did you-"

"I can see it in your eyes. I have children of my own," she smiles at her.

Adelaide nods, she must be so easy to read.

"The kingdom wants the gap between the rich and the poor to be stable, if not increasing. It gives them a false sense of superiority. They know that all they're doing is eating up the money that is supposed to go to the rural towns. If I had my way, I would not live there. People are themselves and only have to be pretentious when they come to this side of town; that's the only way they can buy things without being cheated."

"I guess this will always be a part of the kingdom that will never change."

"Sadly. Adelaide, you know you can trust me right?" Maria asks, looking at the lady walking beside her. She hesitates but nods. "I understand that we have not gotten to know each other well, but I hope you can talk to me when something is actually bothering you. You can open up, especially when you do not want to tell anyone else."

Adelaide nods smiling at her. She's never had anyone act like a mother to her. These new things she has gotten to feel since she entered the castle are probably the silver lining behind being tied to the hell hole.

The women pass through all the richness, heading inside the forest. "I don't mean to be rude but where are we going exactly?" Adelaide asks, walking behind Maria, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

"You will see." The young woman is already tired from all this walking, she seems to have forgotten how she used to walk and work harder when she was a slave.

Her mind instantly goes to her master, Philomena. Is she doing alright? Her health had been deteriorating before she left. Did Grayson end up meeting a woman that would marry him? Give him children? What about Clarice?  She has never seen her in the castle. Does that mean she went back with Grayson and her master?

She has to admit that compared to other slaves that were just seen as a number, her master actually called her by her name, unlike others that are addressed as "You!" Even though it felt like she was worked to death, her master gave her a little time to regain her strength since she was actually an asset to their family.

"Adelaide!"

Again, she is snapped out of her thoughts and looks at Maria. She looks around her and sees they're by a large grassy hill.

"Go to the top of the hill and you will see His highness waiting for you."
Adelaide's mouth drops, when the prince had told her to follow Maria, she thought it was to buy some clothes for her, or something to make her feel better. She definitely did not want to see him, not now.

"I apologize for not telling you because I knew you would tell Matilda that you didn't want to go."

How could she tell that she didn't want to see the prince?!

"No, don't apologize," she smiles at her, heading up the hill. She takes her time, trying to gather her thoughts and feelings. When she gets there, she sees a blanket on the grass, an entire picnic set up. Her eyes then meet the prince leaning against the tree, his eyes on her. She forces a smile, heading towards him, the prince walking to her.

"You don't look happy to see me."

Her heart clenches hearing his words. She looks up at him, shaking her head. "Of course I am happy to see you. I was not mentally prepared for it, that's all."

She tries to assure him, but the prince stares at her as if searching her eyes for the truth.

"Your highness I-"

"You're still addressing me this way. Is my name so sacred that you cannot mention it?"

"I can get killed-"

"No one is here now." The prince waves it off as a joke when he senses her inner turmoil. Taking her hand in his, Nicholas guides her to the blanket he had set on the grass, under the tree. A genuine smile forms on her face when she sees the fresh fruits and small pot of rice waiting for her.

"You know I am fed better in the castle," she says, taking a grape into her mouth.

"But not enough. I still want to get a chance to be with you like this, away from everyone," he explains making her cheeks shine a rosy pink.

Nicholas carefully watches her as she downloads the food and fruits he brought seeing something different about her.

"Princess, your body seems a little bigger than before."  Adelaide masks her shock with a light chuckle, avoiding his eyes.

"I told you they feed us better in the castle. Is it that bad?"

He shakes his head immediately, taking her hand and kissing it. "You look more radiant and beautiful."

"Thank you."

Nodding, he releases her hand so she can focus on her meal. Shocking to him, she finishes everything, drinking up the water.

"Your appetite seems to have increased too."

"It's not good to waste food," she shrugs, snuggling up next to him by the tree. Her actions surprise him yet again, but he does not complain, putting an arm around her.

"Maria told me you've been going through the notes I gave you."

She nods, looking up at him, "I think I am getting better at reading, although writing is a bit tedious."

"I can help with that. Let's test your reading shall we?"

"Of course."

Nicholas takes out a book from his sac, opening it. Adelaide spends the rest of their time reading the book out loud, Nicholas kissing her every time she gets a sentence right, and correcting her when she gets them wrong.

If only time could stop at this moment they shared together, she would be the happiest person alive.

"If you have any problems in the castle don't hesitate to tell Maria so she can relay it to me, okay?"

"Alright." Nicholas takes his time, reiterating how she should trust him and take care of herself, just to make the moment last longer. He doesn't want her to go yet.

He claims her lips one last time, resting his forehead on hers, "I love you, princess."

She feels a lump in her throat but smiles, nodding at him, before breaking their body contact waving him goodbye.

How long will this man love her? Till eternity? Through thick and thin? Through unexpected circumstances?

Adelaide bows at Maria before taking some of the items she had bought from the market, walking back to the castle.

"Are you okay?" Maria asks as they walk through the forest, looking at Adelaide in concern.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You did not tell his highness did you?"

"Tell him what?" She furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"That you are with child...his child."

Hope you enjoyed today's Double Update! See you tomorrow!

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 51.8K 73
β€ŸTonight shall be the first and last night that we spend together, Gianita, for I do not intend to produce heirs by this marriage. The Prince would s...
481 97 45
It doesn't end well... In fact, it almost never ends well when a prophecy is defied and when laws are broken. It is tradition, it is an unbreakable...
40.8K 2K 33
Love? Love is like quicksand. One minute you're walking then out of nowhere you're stuck in a pit of sand, no way to get out... all you know is that...
233K 3.8K 54
1st book : Tamed. 2nd book : The Way To Be His Chosen Flower. Married to the man she has always admired. Holding all the power and money... Alisa Cla...