Unmasked (George Weasley Love...

By maskedstargazer

(Sequel to The Girl In The Mask, please read the first book before this) Abigail has been through a lot ever... More

Unmasked (George Weasley Love Story)
Unmasked Ch.1
Unmasked Ch.2
Unmasked Ch.3
Unmasked Ch.4
Unmasked Ch.5
Unmasked Ch.6
Unmasked Ch.7
Unmasked Ch.8
Unmasked Ch.9
Unmasked Ch.10
Unmasked Ch.11
Unmasked Ch.12
Unmasked Ch.13
Unmasked Ch.14
Unmasked Ch. 15
Unmasked Ch.16
Unmasked Ch.17
Unmasked Ch.18
Unmasked Ch.19
Unmasked Ch.20
Unmasked Ch.21
Unmasked Ch.22
Unmasked Ch.23
Unmasked Ch.24
Unmasked Ch.25
Unmasked Ch.26
Unmasked Ch.27
Unmasked Ch.28
Unmasked Ch.30
Read Before Ch.30: Unmasked Ch.29
Unmasked Ch.31
Unmasked Ch.32
Unmasked Ch.33
Unmasked Ch.35
Unmasked Ch.36
Unmasked Ch.37
Unmasked Ch.38
Unmasked Ch.39
Unmasked Ch.40
Unmasked Ch.41
Unmasked Ch.42
Unmasked Ch.43

Unmasked Ch.34

5.5K 206 13
By maskedstargazer

***Sorry about the wait, I've had a hard time finding a computer I could use to update on the story, but here it is. I hope you enjoy it!!!***

Ch.34

“I'm not sure if that looks right though,” I told Professor McGonagoll as the candles floated into place above our heads.

“It looks perfect, I'll go see if the food is ready yet.” She started walking for the door before turning back to me. “Shouldn't you be getting ready for the Ball?” she walked away, leaving me in the Great Hall.

“Hey love,” George said, walking into the room, several bowls of punch floating behind him. He sent them toward on of the tables before coming over to me and wrapping his arms around me so that I was as close to him as possible.

“Hey,” I pecked his lips before pulling back, smirking as he pouted and leaned in again.

“Didn't you miss me?” he kissed me quickly once more.

“Of course I did, but I need to go get ready. We only have an hour,” I told him, a smile lighting up my face.

“You still need to tell me about your plan, Abs,” he told me, refusing to let me go. I rolled my eyes at him before stepping out of his arms.

“We can talk about that after tonight, I just need to relax for at least one night, besides I have big plans for tomorrow.”

“I'm sure you do,” I kissed him on the cheek before running off, hearing him groan in annoyance.

“You missed!” he yelled as I began heading for my room.

I slipped into a bubble bath, just wanting to forget about everything that was bothering me. All the teachers and death eaters had agreed to not do anything tonight because it was my party and they knew my dad wouldn't be happy if I was upset about how tonight went.

Before I got too wrinkly, I stepped out and dried off, slipping on the dress I had picked out for tonight. It was a black mermaid gown that had a lace appliqued corset and glitter placed on it.

After making sure they I looked okay, I slipped on the black mask and made sure it would stay in place the whole night.

To be honest, it felt odd wearing a mask again and being hidden behind it. I knew that everyone knew who I was now, but it didn't stop me from feeling a sense of security of no one being able to fully see me. Although I felt that security, it didn't stop me from wanting to rip it off. Masks would always be apart of me, but now that I knew the freedom without it, I realized that I didn't want to be trapped behind one yet again.

Taking a deep breath, I looked at the clock and saw that there was about 10 minute before people would start to trickle down in the room. Quickly, I rushed down to the Great Hall and saw that George was there as well. He was dressed in a black suit with a black mask as well, but his red hair automatically gave away who he was. He stood there, leaning against the door, as if blocking it from everyone's sight.

His eyes shot up and looked me up and down as I went over to him.

“You look beautiful,” he whispered, he pulled me close to him, keeping me close to him. “I'm guessing you want to see the completely finished room.” I could hear slow music coming from the room.

“Of course.” he opened the doors and I couldn't believe how amazing everything looked. It was as if we had stepped back in time with the room covered in candles, flowers and lace.

“Is it perfect?” he asked with a smile as he watched me scan the room in amazement.

“It's beyond perfect,” I threw my arms around him and pulled him down to me, pressing my lips against his. He refused to let me go this time, instead he forced my mouth open and kissed me as if I would disappear at any moment.

“I'm glad you like it,” he said when we finally pulled away, leaning his forehead against mine as we stood there in the middle of the room.

The doors creaked open and Severus walked in, raising his eyebrows slightly before beginning to explain. “There are some people ready to come in. Are you ready to open the doors?”

“Yeah, It's time,” I said, turning back to George and kissing him once more before heading toward the door and throwing it open.

It didn't surprise me at all that the people that entered were some of the kids we knew.

“George!” Ginny said, running toward him and throwing her arms around his neck as he spun her around.

“Hey Ginny, how's school been,” her face dropped slightly.

“Hard, but I have Abby here if I need someone.”

I turned to see that her date was Neville. I pulled him into a hug before he could protest.

“I'm so sorry,” I said, he relaxed and hugged me back.

“None of this is your fault,” Neville pulled away and I could see a slight bruise on the side of his face. Before I could protest, Ginny ran over and gave me a hug.

“This place is amazing.” I finally had time to look at her dress and couldn't but smile. She had a short, sparkly dress that was a green color with beading along the bodice. She had on a white mask with green beading.

“It's pretty great isn't it.” I couldn't help but smile. “You look amazing,” I told her.

“Thanks, so do you.” she looked around to make sure the others that had entered wouldn't hear her. “Have you heard anything about the three of them,” she whispered so that only the four of us could hear.

George glanced at me as well, since I hadn't told him anything about them for a while.

“No, but I'm sure we'll hear about them soon,” I told her, though I knew that if something did happen, my dad wouldn't tell me much about it. “You should go enjoy the ball,” I told her before she went off to talk to others with Neville.

“Care to dance, my lady,” George said with a bow.

“I would love to,” I took his hand and he led me to the dance floor where a few people were already dancing.

I put my arms around his neck and he snaked around my waist as we moved along with the song.

“Are you happy?” he asked me as we danced for a while.

“What do you mean?” I asked, confused about what he was talking about.

“Are you happy, with the way your life is right now? Or do you wish it was different?” he asked as he dipped me and pulled me back up toward him, giving me a few seconds to think.

“Yes, I'm happy,” I decided. “Even though my life may seem crazy and has had a lot of twists and turns in it, I wouldn't want anything different.”

“And why not?”

“Because everything I've gone through has brought me to you. Every choice that was made, made me stronger and realize that I needed you and the others in my life. I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't.” I told him sincerely, knowing that was the truth. I would never want to change anything that had happened so far in my life. I know I wish I would have met my mom and that my dad wouldn't have to lose his life some time this school year, but I know that I probably wouldn't have met George and the others if my life hadn't gone like this. And I was happy. “Why do you ask?”

“I just wanted to know,” he said, shaking off the question, a smile on his face as he looked down at me. “I know that my brother is somewhere out there and that the war that's coming up may hurt a lot of people, but I just wanted to know if you would change anything because I wouldn't.”

I raised my eyebrows at him. “You wouldn't?”

“No, because if none of this had happened, I would've never first crashed into you at the train station and I might not have been able to call you my fiancee.” he pushed back some of the hair that had slipped out of the bun. “I can't wait to call you Mrs. Weasley.”

“I can't wait either,” he kissed my softly, something that I had missed every second he wasn't here. When he pulled away I noticed a few of the kids watching us out of the corner of their eyes, but I couldn't pull my eyes away from George.

“I have to admit, I don't like seeing you in a mask again,” he said as one of his hands moved and managed to take off the mask.

“And why do you say that?”

“Although you'll always be The Girl in the Mask, I'll never think of you in that way. You'll always be my Abby, the one without her identity hidden,” I was glad the masked was off, and what George told me, comforted me in a way.

“Good, because I wouldn't want you to think of me in that way.” I took his mask off as well, and watched as he put them both into his pocket. “As amazing as it is here, I think we should go somewhere else.”

“And for what reason?” he asked with a smirk, causing me to lightly slap him.

“Not for the one you're thinking.” I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand, intertwining our fingers before walking out of the room, him right beside me.

“Where exactly are we going?” he asked

“Home,” he turned to me in surprise.

“Don't you want to be here for the ball?”

“I think they have everything figured out. What I really want to do is go home, change and watch some stupid movies.”

“Really?” he asked, holding back a laugh.

“Yes, I've missed family movie nights.”

“I'm guessing that includes Fred and Angie too then.” I nodded and grabbed his hand, apparating to my house. George sent Fred and Angelina a message to come over for movie night and changed clothes as well.

They got here quickly, already changed into their pajamas. I turned on the muggle TV and popped in a random movie, curling up on the couch with the others. I was happy and I could tell the others were too. This was how it was supposed to be, but the didn't stop the fact that tomorrow we would be pushed right back into all the chaos once again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
7K 190 20
Teddy and her friends have already been through hell and back, but what will happen in the Scorch? ~~~ Sequel to Since We Were Kids Disclaimer: All c...
319K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...