Unmasked Ch.20

***Sorry for the wait, I haven't had the time to go on here for about a week, but here's the new chapter***

Ch.20

I had on black v-neck dress with a black band around the waist. The bottom of the dress had an even darker black polka bots on it. I paired it with black satin heels, green and gold earrings, and a green bag that held a pack of lemon heads and a note in it.

I was dressed like this for a reason, it was his funeral after all. I watched from the shadows as everyone went up to see the open casket and watched the students bawl. I couldn't help but let soundless tears fall as well. Once it was over everyone filed out and were boarding the trains. I figured it was safe to go up to his casket before anyone came to take it to the burial site.

Soundlessly I walked over to it, opening it slowly. I looked down to see Dumbledore's body laying lifeless. His eyes were shut, making it look as if he was just sleeping, even though I knew he would never wake again. More tears feel as I looked at him.

I placed the small pack of lemon drops in his hand and placed a small note there as well. In it I explained how I felt so awful and how I blamed myself for how this had all ended. I told him I would look after Harry, Hermione, and Ron for him and help them along their journey to defeat my father. I also wrote that if George and I ever did get married, I hoped he would show up in spirit.

I wasn't sure why I wrote him a letter, but I just felt like I had to get everything out. I collapsed onto the ground by his coffin, no longer able to contain the sobs that burst out.

“Abby?” I heard someone say, but I couldn't even turn to see who it was. I felt arms wrap around me and me onto their lap. I knew it was George and that he had followed me here. I buried my head further into his chest and continued sobbing. I felt a teardrop that wasn't mine and knew that George was soundlessly crying as well.

“What happened?” I heard someone ask, but stop and sit down next to us, along with two other people.

“It's not your fault, Abby,” I recognized the person as Harry. “We'll all get through this,” I could hear him start to choke up as well. I heard Hermione cry and felt her take my hand. In the end we all sat there bawling. No matter how hard we tried, it all came out at that moment. All the pain we had gone through, all the pain we knew would come, everything rushed out at once. We all knew it would be hard, because even the strongest break down at some point.

It was about twenty minutes later when we had all calmed down. The train was blowing it's final whistle and the three had to leave. Although they reminded me they would meet up with us later.

“Are you ready to go?” George whispered.

“Yeah,” I answered, intertwining our fingers and taking us back to the Weasley home. The house was empty and I knew that everyone had gone to pick up the others at the platform.

“We're going to have a lot to do this summer.”

“I don't doubt it,” I said with a sad smile.

“We're in this together,” he told me, kissing me softly before pulling away and keeping his forehead pressed against mine.

“Together,” I breathed, pulling him back for one more sweet kiss. When we pulled away for air we couldn't contain the small smile that was on both our faces.

“They are too cute,” Ginny squealed, we looked over to see everyone standing at the doorway watching us. Hermione had covered Ginny's mouth, but it was too late because we had heard her. I got off George and went and hugged Hermoine first. Apparently she was going to be staying the whole summer, after she went and visited her parents in two days. She had stopped here first to see me before she left. I saw George talking to Ron and spinning Ginny around, her laugh lighting up the room. She jumped out of his arms and tackled me to the ground.

“Hi to you too,” I managed to say through my lack of air. She loosened her gripe on me, but didn't let go.

“I was so worried. No one would let me get near you because they all think you're evil. It was awful.” she whined as her gripe began to tighten yet again.

“It's okay, Gin. I just didn't want you to get hurt. You had to stay back there. I didn't want anyone to attack you.” I said, she pulled away.

“What I don't understand, is why you and George aren't even engaged and Bill is already marrying Fleur. I just can't figure that out.” she said pouting. I knew she hadn't been that fond of Fleur during school.

“You don't like her do you?” she shrugged with a pout.

“She's okay, but I can't say she's my favorite choice for Bill.”

“They make a good couple, she'll grow on you.”

“I doubt that,” she said, a pout still clear on her face.

“You don't know that,” I said.

“Well you don't know I'll like her,” she was a very stubborn person. I shook my head and went over to help Mrs. Weasley put food out on the table for lunch. The table was filled with different foods and I could tell that she was happy to cook such a big meal. Once we were all seated she decided to talk first.

“I know all of us have been through a lot these past years, but I just want to say that I'm so proud of you all. You've made this family stronger. We're back together and we'll stick by each other no matter what tries to separate us.” we all began eating and fell into easy conversation.

Though everyone tried to act like everything was fine, I could tell what they were all thinking about. They were thinking of the death of Dumbledore and how Harry's seventeenth birthday was coming up. They were worried about the war they knew was soon coming and how they weren't sure who would survive and who wouldn't. I couldn't blame them, I would be like that too if I didn't already know what was going to happen in the future.

When it was time for George and I to leave that night, I felt relief in a way. I was just so stressed that I was happy to go home and try to forget about everything.

“We're having a special day tomorrow.”

“I thought we wouldn't be able to do much for a while?”

'Yeah, but I think we need this.” he told me as we headed upstairs.

“So do I,” I said with a smile, glad to know that I'd be able to relax. “I think I should show you something first.” I headed toward where my little lair was. I hadn't told him about it, but I figured it was time that he found out about it. After all, if there was an emergency, I wanted to make sure he was able to take cover, especially considering the war that would soon be coming.

I walked over to the bookcase, pulling out one of the books. I pushed on a panel behind it, making sure that George was watching so he could get in here as well. The panel slide up to reveal a key hole. I opened the book that had a area cut out of it with a key inside.

“I have a spare hidden somewhere.” I said, turning the key and watching the bookcase turn so we could get into the main room.

“Wow,” George said, taking in the whole room.

“Yeah, I guess you could say I'm pretty paranoid.” he began exploring the whole mini house. Though he was shocked to see all the documents and security room.

“Why do you have so many wands?” he asked.

“In case one of my wands is able to become tracked. I can discard it and get a different one. They were all custom made and I can use any of them.”

“This is really impressive, but why do you have all this?”

“Since I originally had no where to stay if someone found my hideout, I made this secret space. It always me to escape and I can live in here until they leave. I figured you should know about this considering everything that's going to be happening soon. This way if someone we know needs to hide, they can always stay here to stay safe from death eaters and ministry officials.”

“I can't believe you made this.”

“It was hard work trying to come up with how I could hide this, but it ended up working pretty well. Now we should get to bed, we have a big day tomorrow.”

“Yes we do,” he said, picking me up bridal style causing me to slightly squeal. “Big plans,” he said smiling suspiciously.