Unmasked Ch.42

***There's only one more chapter, so this story is coming to a close!!! Thanks everyone who has read all my storys so far!!!***

Ch.42

"Harry Potter is dead. He was killed as he ran away, trying to save himself while you lay down your lives for him. We bring you his body as proof that your hero is gone."

"The battle is won. You have lost half of your fighters. My Death Eaters outnumber you, and the Boy Who Lived is finished. There must be no more war. Anyone who continues to resist, man, woman or child, will be slaughtered, as will every member of their family. Come out of the castle now, kneel before me, and you shall be spared. Your parents and children, your brothers and sisters will live and be forgiven, and you will join me in the new world we shall build together." I heard my father yell out as I exited the school, the others following me and everyone stopping out by the open doorway.

“NO!” Professor Mcgonagall said, letting out a scream I never expected to come out from her mouth. People around me began to cry out, but instead of making a sound I kept my face blank, looking into my dad's eyes instead. He knew that Harry was alive, but he was trying to keep the side that wanted to kill him buried within him because he knew how this was supposed to end.

At this point everything seemed a blur as my father lied about how Harry had faced his death. I watched in shock as Neville broke away from the group and charged at my dad, but he soon fell to the ground as he was disarmed.

"You show spirit and bravery, and you come of noble stock. You will make a very valuable Death Eater. We need your kind, Neville Longbottom," my dad said with a smirk.

"I'll join you when hell freezes over," said Neville. "Dumbledore's Army!" he shouted, and there was an loud cheer from the group behind me.

"Very well, If that is your choice, Longbottom, we revert to the original plan. On your head," he said quietly, "be it." my dad let his gaze rest on as I walked out and over to where Neville stood.

“I can't let that happen dad,” I said, watching his internal battle as he tried not to lose control.

“I wish you had remained on our side Abigail, but no matter what happens today, I will always love you and I want you to remember that.”

“I know dad, I love you too.” I walked over, giving a last hug to Bella (who seemed to realize what I was trying to say) and then giving my dad one as well. “Good-bye.” I walked away from him and went to stand by Neville, noticing that the people behind us were listening closely to our every word.

“Good-bye Abigail.”

Just as my dad reached for his wand, I saw out of the corner of my eye Harry jump up and cover himself with the invisibility cloak. Hagrid's half-brother came stomping into the area, setting us all into motion. The war began once again and this time I knew this would be the end. I could even see centaurs burst through the crowd, even the house-elves, a smile crossing my face as I saw Kreacher leading them.

As I fought whoever dared to attack me, I saw a flash of green light head straight for Ginny, causing a burst of anger to flow through me, even more as I realized it was Bella who had sent the curse.

“NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU B*TCH!” Mrs. Weasley said before I could get to Bella, instead I pulled Ginny away from the scene. Bella just burst into laughter as she watched her new opponent. “OUT OF MY WAY!” she shouted, making sure that Lune, Hermione, Ginny and I were all behind her. I understood why she was so angry, Bella had almost killed her son and had just tried to kill her daughter.

“No!” she shouted as other students tried to come to her aid. “Get back! Get back! She is mine!”

All the battles seemed to stop, everyone lining up to watch the two fights that were going on, one between my dad and three others and the other between Molly and Bella.

“What will happen to your children when I've killed you?” Bella taunted, filling me with anger at the thought of her hurting any of the people that I've grown so close to.

“You will never touch our children or my daughter-in-law again!” Mrs. Weasley screamed out in fury, shocking me when she mentioned me. Some how George had found his way back to my side watching on nervously as his mum began shooting off more and more spells in fury.

As Bella let out another laugh Molly's curse soared toward Bella, hitting her directly where her heart was. Bella's face froze, still holding it's smile as she toppled to the ground.

My father yelled in shock as his watched her dead body fall, Bella had been there to look after me while he was gone and had always been by his side as one of his most faithful followers. He raised his wand, no longer being able to control himself and pointed the wand directly at Mrs. Weasley.

“Protego!” I turned and saw Harry standing there staring at my dad.

“Harry!” “HE'S ALIVE!” voices burst out into shouts of happiness, but fell silent as my dad and Harry faced each other and began to circle one another.

“I don't want anyone else to help,” Harry said loudly, “It's got to be like this. It's got to be me.”

“Potter doesn't mean that,” my dad said. “This isn't how he works is it? Who are you going to use as a shield today Potter?”

“Nobody,” said Harry. “There are no more Horcruxes. It's just you and me. Neither can live while the other survives, and one of us is about to leave for good...”

I turned away from what was taking place, allowing George to wrap me in his arm and hold me closer, as I tried to block out what was about to happen. This was the end and my dad would be gone.

“Avada Kedavra!”

“Expelliarmus!”

I glanced back for a second as golden flames appeared around them and their spells collided. My dad's eyes met mine and I may have imagined it, but I saw a peaceful smile cross his face before his spell rebounded and his body fell, lifeless. It felt as if my world had just collapsed, knowing that I would never be able to talk to him again.

No longer able to take it, I turned around and walked away from the scene, away from all the happiness and the mourning throughout the castle.

“Abby!” I turned and saw George standing there and before he could say anything to me, I wrapped my arms around him. “I'm so sorry for everything that's happened.”

“None of this is your fault George. This was how it was supposed to end and I can accept that. It just hurts to think about everyone I've lost,” I clung onto him, trying to hold onto reality and what was really going on around me.

“Remember what we always say, Abs. No matter what happens to either of us, we'll always be there for each other. We're in this together and there is no way I'm going to let you go down this dark road.” he pulled me even closer, kissing me softly as his family came into the corridor, apparently looking for us.

I knew that even though I had lost my dad and my other close friends, I couldn't lose control. I was going to be in charge of my own future and I wouldn't allow myself to become a puppet to some scheme. This was my life and although I would forever mourn the ones I had lost, I would never regret the way my life had turned out, not for one second. So as George took me by the arm and led me into the great hall with all the others and everyone turned to me, sad smiles on all their faces, I knew this was where I belonged. And I knew that each and every second I would try to do my parents proud even though they weren't here physically.