Unmasked Ch.39

***Sorry about how short this chapter is, I didn't have much time to write this week***

Ch.39

“They escaped,” I told my dad.

“Yes, I heard about that a few days ago, I was also informed that you did nothing to stop them from leaving.”

“Who told you that?” I asked, fidgeting with my ring.

“A few bounty hunters that I had tracking Potter down told me that you calmly watched on as they left.”

“I didn't calmly watch on, I watched as your followers failed to restrain Harry and his friends. There's a slight difference.”

“Not really,” he told me with a sigh. “You have to be more careful.”

“Yes, I know, I've been told this countless of times. Besides, there won't be many problems with that in a little while,” I glanced up to see that he was staring at me intently.

“I know that you're worried with the final battle coming soon, but this doesn't mean you can be this careless. You never know who could be watching your every move.”

“It's not like anyone of your followers would stand up to you anyway.”

“That's not the point, Abigail! They're going to find real proof that you aren't working for this side at some point and you don't know what they might do without my knowledge! I can't protect you from everything.”

“I don't need you to protect me from everything, why can't you accept that? I managed just fine on my own before you came back, so I don't think you have the right to treat me like this.”

I could tell what I had said had hurt him, but to be honest, I didn't care. He hadn't been there for me when I really needed someone and soon he was going to be gone once again, this time it would be forever.

“I'm sorry that our lives had to end up like this, but at this point Abby, all that's left for us to do is to end it. Now you should probably go, you don't need to be dragged into more planning.” I took that as a sign that he wouldn't be talking anymore and instead walked out of the house, apparating back to the school.

I was on edge and I think everyone could notice it as I walked through the hallways. I was fidgeting more and every little think would cause me to snap. At points I couldn't even enter the room of requirement because as I saw all the people that were forced to hole up in there all I could feel was fury. So most times I spent time on walks or thinking back to the fact that soon it would all be over and I would no longer have to deal with any of this.

Days seemed to be slowly ticking by, making me feel even worse as I thought about how close it was getting and wondering where Harry, Ron and Hermione were at. The end was soon approaching and that was the only thing I could really focus on.

“Tonks is having the baby, we're at her parents house!” Remus' voice filled my room at about 4 in the morning. I bolted out of bed, excited that my godson was finally born, not to mention this was the much needed distraction I had been needing.

I threw on a pink ruffled top, a black and white polka dot skirt, and a black jacket. I slipped on a pair of black heels and a pearl necklace. As I exited the room I quickly got flowers and a teddy bear that I had bought a little while back as I waited for this day.

“Where are you going, Abby?” Severus asked as he walked past my room and saw me rushing around.

“Tonks is having her baby!” I squealed before apparating away and landing outside her parents house. As soon as I knocked on the door, it was swung open to reveal Mrs. Weasley who must have just arrived as well. She kept glancing upstairs and ushered me into the house quickly.