Phoenix

By snuttlebug

Slight!Laxus x OC Eventual! Sting x OC A girl with memory loss has been traveling with Laxus Dreyar for two y... More

Author's Note
Soup & Gardens
Meeting Team Natsu
Fairy Tail Finds Out
Books and Nightmares
A Fairy Tail Encounter
Sleepover!
Thunder
Finding George's George
Natsu Returns
Snake Fang
Gildarts Enters
Sick
Cuddle
Hugging Time
Crying
Deal
Memories
Hunt
A Fairy Tail Wizard
Fantasia
GMG
Found You!
A What?
Frustrations
Dragon Book
Laxus vs Ivan
Asking
Here We Go
Date
Date (Part 2)
Date (Part 3)
Post Date
Return
Remember
GMG Final Battle
Dragons!
Ball
Magic Circle Formed
Memories Begin
Cain?
The Blue Demon
Prelude
Let's Hunt Some Demons
Scary Meeting
Kira and Ayame
Camp
Thanks, Kira
Hey, Did You Change?
Well...
The Present
Emi's Birthday
Job With Kira
Job With Sting
The Hood
Eviction
Contact
He Tried, He Really Tried
Mira's Delight
How Dare You Set Us Up
Your Turn
Date
Cloaked Demon
The Holy Dragon
Magnolia
Wind Spell
Scolding
Flower Garden Days
Black Dragon
Questioning
I Don't Know What To Call This
The Sunsmiths
Emi Reveals Her Past
Vulcan
Emi's Scars (Vacation!)
Let's Go To The Beach (Vacation!)
Last Day
Fight! Sting vs Kira
Gluttony
Aftermath
S-Class
Crystal
Mating Season Begins
A Surprise Awaits
A/N: Thank you!
So Are We?
No Magic
2K?
Explanation
Moving
Picnics and Scars
Everlue
Meet the Construction Wizards!
The New Job
Hisui
Hisui's Wish
Fight: Emi vs Master Rue!
Scaredy Cats
Scout
Gas Summon: Truth
Wyvern
Announcement
Another S-Class
Prelude to Destruction
Destruction
memoria exisse
New Book Out Now!
The Lightning Man
The Start of a Journey
And So It Continues
Lizard Tongue
The Problem
Mission: Acquired
Mission: Failed
Emi's "First" Job
Sleepover: Emi Style
Emi's Trip
Fall
Scarred
Domestic Life
Babysitting!
Testing Magic
Snowman Origins
This is a bit of a problem
Sting
Flynn and Ryder
Big Oops
Spy
Premonition
Compromise
Return: Emi vs Dragon Slayers!
Training
Storm
Black Dragon
Unison
Picnic Bonding
A Day With Fire
Flower Gardens
Demonic Force Manipulation
Efreet
Prelude (The Encore)
Start
Wrath
Smite
Rage of Failures
Summoning
Guardian
Departure
Sabertooth
Three Years
The End

Decrescendo

170 7 0
By snuttlebug

"So, uh, what do we do now?"

Emi shrugged and looked around, taking in the destruction that the battle had caused.

"We really went off on this place. Good thing we fought here and not the city."

She took in a deep breath, wordlessly walking off towards the other end of the town of rubble.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Laxus questioned. "You need to rest. You're gonna die if you push yourself any more."

She disappeared into the city. Everyone looked at each other in confusion. Laxus and Sting sighed before going after her. The two dragon slayers had caught up to her as she stood in front of a pile of rocks with her head bowed.

"What's this?"

"Cain."

Sting held her shoulders in comfort as he stood behind her. Emi leaned back slightly, the back of her head leaning on his chest. The three of them stayed there for a few minutes in silence before Emi started to giggle.

"What's up with you?" Laxus sarcastically spoke.

"I just realized that I don't really have anything to do now. Which means I can put all my time into annoying you."

Laxus rolled his eyes and walked away. Emi giggled more.

"You big baby."

It was just Emi and Sting once Laxus left, and they continued to stand in silence.

"You remember everything, yeah?"

Emi hummed, turning around in his grasp to look at him fully. He smiled fondly at her and caressed her cheek. The white haired wizard leaned on her toes to reach his face and gave him a quick kiss. Their moment was cut off when they heard screaming. They rushed back towards the group and sweatdropped when they saw that the screaming was coming from the group.

"What the heck are you guys doing?" Sting asked confused.

"Happy and Charle brough this weird lacrima thing and it's been messing with us," Lucy explained, disgusted at the situation.

"What do you mean?" Sting questioned.

Emi sighed and walked to the center of the group where the lacrima sat. She carefully picked it up and walked over to an empty space next to the crowd. She told everyone to get back and once they did, Emi slammed the lacrima to the ground, cracking it. Blue flames burst out from the lacrima, and surrounding buildings were set on fire.

"Woah what the heck is that?" Natsu shouted.

"It's obviously Cain's flames, fire freak."

The flames continued to whip around, burning anything it touched. They surrounded Emi, but she wasn't affected. They started to surround the group, and everyone started to panic. Emi snapped her fingers to use the Dispel and the flames disappeared.

"Hey brat, do you mind? You almost set us all on fire."

A small smile formed on Emi's face. She tossed the lacrima off to the side and turned back to the group.

"I figured we should get that out of the way before we go back, yeah?"

"Lady Emiko is very smart, yes. That would've destroyed the city."

"Cain had inserted his flames into this lacrima as a last resort in case we were ever separated. I was gonna use the flames to try to help with the Sins, but we didn't need them. So I figured that I would destroy them before they caused any trouble."

"How aren't you burned by them?" Levy questioned. "The Blue Demon's flames should burn through anything, yet you've been surrounded by them many times and they have no effect on you."

"My name is Emi Sato, and I am the daughter of Cain. His flames don't work on me."

"He's your dad?!" Natsu screamed.

"No you idiot," Lucy bit. "It's figurative."

"Finger salad? What would anyone want a--"

Lucy smacked him on the back of the head. Emi laughed quietly before saying that she thought of him as a dad.

"I was always called the 'daughter of Cain' by those that knew of me. Mainly demons. My real name is Emiko Mashiba, though it took me quite a long time to remember that."

"That's so cool. You totally have two last names!"

Everyone sighed in defeat at the fire dragon slayer.

"Hey Laxus, isn't that so cool?" Emi excitedly started. "I can remember my name now! And I was starting to think that I would never know my last name."

"Yeah yeah. Real impressive."

Natsu stepped so he was in front of Emi and grabbed her shoulders.

"I know what we should do. We should all take Emi out to eat!"

Emi smiled and nodded, snapping her fingers and teleporting them just outside Crocus. Natsu immediately ran into the town, presumably to a restaurant. They had all caught up to him and found that he had located a buffet style restaurant.

"Oh god," Lucy moaned. "He's gonna get so sick."

-------

Emi had escaped the group to go off on a walk alone, and she wandered over to the park. After scanning the area, she saw a bunch of families having picnics and playing in the field. She sat down under her usual tree and silently watched the joy of the families. Her legs were bent and her head rested on her knees. A sigh escaped her.

"They're all so happy."

"Can't deny that. Though they seem a little too loud."

"That's because you don't like when people have a lot of energy."

She turned around to face Laxus and gave him a small smile.

"How'd you find me?"

"I figured you'd be here. It's kinda been known as your place since you regained your memories."

Emi nodded and patted the spot next to her, telling him to join her and watch the people. Laxus huffed, but he did sit down eventually.

"I regret so much," Emi started. "My choices caused so many people harm. But now I'm a little happy. And it feels so wrong."

"You finally defeated what you worked your whole life to get. It's not abnormal to feel like that. You have to live how you think they would want you to, and maybe you'll feel better."

"If they were alive they would hate me for what I did."

Laxus scoffed and leaned back on his hands, "Are you kidding? Your memories made it pretty clear that they would be willing to risk everything for their family, even if it meant that they would get hurt."

"Would Fairy Tail?"

"Without a doubt."

Emi groaned and unfolded herself, laying back on the grass.

"...Would you?"

"Me?" Laxus laughed. "I think I've already done that."

"That's what I'm worried about," she muttered.

"And I'm kind of thinking that Sting would."

She covered her eyes and whined, "You all need to stop caring for me so much."

"Em, you have no one after you now. You can live without that fear of all of us being attacked. You can live a normal life now."

She sat up slightly and looked at him with curious eyes, hesitantly asking, "I can?"

Laxus's laugh echoed in her ears.

"If you really want something to do, then just focus on something else."

Emi looked off to the field and watched the kids play. She smirked to herself before scooting over to the lightning mage's side and snuggling into his side. She heard a huff, causing Emi to giggle.

"Baby."

*******

A/N: Hey y'all! So the book is going to end soon. Over 140 chapters so far, which seems unreal. I'm glad you like it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 6.1K 58
(Y/N) (L/N) was once Laxus Dreyar's girlfriend, but after he was expelled from Fairy Tail, the two wizards went on a break from each other. During th...
305K 8.4K 25
{Complete} A Laxus x Reader Story... Storms of a malicious intent have been plaguing Fiore. When it strikes a town people can't leave their homes...
43.2K 748 61
Y/n, the youngest and only daughter in the Dreyar family, an S-Class Wizard. She has Lightning Dragon Slaying Magic, just like her older brother Laxu...
378K 8K 76
Young female reader joins Fairy Tail after losing her home and family. In search of a new start, she finds Fairy Tail. There will be some lemon. I do...