hearts formed by solicitude a...

Da rainsoughtflowers

"you're the only heart i want to learn more about." or, chishiya learns that his heart isn't as empty as he b... Altro

ᏩᎪᎷᎬ ᏚᎢᎪᎡᎢ
ᏚᎾᏞᏆᏟᏆᎢᏌᎠᎬ
⌈ 1 ⌋
⌈ 2 ⌋
⌈ 3 ⌋
⌈ 4 ⌋
⌈ 5 ⌋
⌈ 6 ⌋
⌈ 7 ⌋
⌈ 8 ⌋
⌈ 9 ⌋
⌈ 10 ⌋
⌈ 11 ⌋
⌈ 12 ⌋
⌈ 13 ⌋
⌈ 14 ⌋
⌈ 15 ⌋
⌈ 16 ⌋
⌈ 17 ⌋
⌈ 18 ⌋
⌈ 19 ⌋
⌈ 20 ⌋
⌈ 21 ⌋
⌈ 23 ⌋
⌈ 24 ⌋
⌈ 25 ⌋
⌈ 26 ⌋
⌈ 27 ⌋
⌈ 28 ⌋
⌈ 29 ⌋
⌈ 30 ⌋
⌈ 31 ⌋
⌈ 32 ⌋
ᎠᎬᏚᎾᏞᎪᎢᏆᎾN
ᎪᏆᏴ ᎡᎬᎢᎡY
ᎪᏌᎢᎻᎾᎡ'Ꮪ NᎾᎢᎬ
ᎠᎬᏞᎬᎢᎬᎠ ᏚᏟᎬNᎬᏚ

⌈ 22 ⌋

5K 278 258
Da rainsoughtflowers

Ꭺ/N: ᎻᎬY ᏩᏌYᏚ! ᏚᎾᎡᎡY ᎢᎻᏆᏚ ᎢᎾᎾK ᏚᎾ ᏞᎾNᏩ, Ꮖ ᏔᎪᏚ ᎾᏌᎢ ᎾF ᎢᎾᏔN FᎾᎡ Ꭺ FᎬᏔ ᎠᎪYᏚ ᎪNᎠ Ꮖ ᎪᏞᏚᎾ ᏟᏌᎡᎡᎬNᎢᏞY ᎻᎪᏙᎬ Ꭺ ᏴᎪᎠ ᎪᏞᏞᎬᎡᏩᏆᏟ ᎡᎬᎪᏟᎢᏆᎾN ᎾN ᎷY ᎻᎪNᎠᏚ ᎢᎻᎪᎢ ᎻᏌᎡᎢᏚ ᏔᎻᎬN Ꮖ ᎷᎾᏙᎬ ᎢᎻᎬᎷ. ᎻᎪᏞF ᎢᎻᏆᏚ ᏟᎻᎪᏢᎢᎬᎡ ᏔᎪᏚ ᏔᎡᏆᎢᎢᎬN ᏆN ᏢᎪᏆN ᏚᎾ ᏢᏞᎬᎪᏚᎬ ᎠᎾ ᎬNᏓᎾY :Ꭰ

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ . . . . .

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ ᏟᎾᎷᏢᏞᎬᎢᎬ!

you were five years old when you realized the value of time.

granted you were only a child, your only concern being how you were going to retrieve the cookies hidden in the back of the pantry. but it was also during this time that you began to notice the strange behavior your mother would express and the lack of time she spent on you. at first you brushed it off as her being busy with your sister, who had been born recently that year. but even then you noticed how she seemed to bring her much more attention than she did to you, a clear difference in the way she acted. and as the years went by it only grew worse to the point where even you could no longer ignore it.

you were at a birthday party for a friend, playing with the other children out in the backyard while the adults stood by watching, laughing and talking amongst themselves. it had taken a lot of convincing for you to go but eventually your mother agreed as long as you didn't bother her again. you were overjoyed at the fact, spending as much time as possible having fun before she came by to pick you up.

it was as you and the other kids were running around outside that your friend's mother came by. the oldest just like you and you awaited the yelling. the words telling her that she was doing something wrong. yet it was the opposite of that. it was so painstakingly clear as the interactions went on that they were the one favorited. they got the attention and love your sister seemed to hog. it confused you, how cake would be cut for her and presents were handed with such a big smile on her face. that when the back of her dress would untie she'd fix it without a second thought, and how her hair was put into such pretty little ribbons that she had put on herself.

you went to your mother about it, asking if she could help you tie the laces on your shoes just to see what she'd do. if she'd tie it just as your friends mother had. but she simply brushed you off, telling you to figure it out yourself. once again it was so different from the way your friend's mom treated her and even your sister, and wanting to test that theory you brought her over, telling her to ask your mother the same question you did just previously. and sure enough, with a smile you could only imagine being directed towards you painted her lips, reaching down and looping the string with the best precision. and when she reached back up to tickle her, it was the first time you began to hate this younger sibling of yours and resented the person who brought you into this world.

it was why you tried to keep yourself away from your family as often as possible. why when that pretty little letter showing your acceptance to college you packed up your things and left without a second thought, ignoring the calls blowing up your phone from your mother and sister. as if they really cared about whether you left or not. if anything, she would say something along the lines of never coming back, and that from here on out you were on your own with making a life detached from them.

and your sister? you were sure she was confused. wondering why all these years your smiles had been fake and why you never joined them in the activities meant only for her. maybe, if that time your mother valued so much was spent on you even just a little bit, filled with affection and love instead of harsh words comparing the two of you. explaining that it was just the way things were and that you should be grateful that you were here even at all, things would've turned out differently.

but she didn't, and it was also when you realized that some things you just had to do yourself.

and that time and the way you used it could change things much more drastically than expected.

each second that ticked down made your relentlessness grow, anxious to just continue on with what you wanted to achieve. time was valuable here, and your eyes pleaded with yasushi to let go, to release the gun he held away from your face. you sent him an expression saying that you needed to do this, you needed to prove that this theory of yours was correct.

otherwise this game would end with a game over.

dark brown eyes narrowed, unsure about whether he should listen to you or not. but
not because of his lack of faith in you. no, the small tremble of his hands that shook the gun told you he was just as scared as you were, perhaps wishing you wouldn't be so selfless as to test it yourself.

but then again, no one would initiate this but you.

"yasushi please." you pleaded for the final time, softly tugging the gun closer to your body.

he sent you a quick glance, eyes searching yours for something, anything that would give him a reason to disagree. he didn't seem to find it however, and he let loose a frustrated breath before he released his grip. he shifted his body so he was back in his seat, eyes glaring daggers at the table and you could tell that he was angry at himself for agreeing to your idea.

but this proved that yasushi trusted you, and that he really did care after all.

you swallowed thickly, forcing down the vile in your throat as you brought the weapon up to rest against your temple. it was cold and remarkably heavier now than before, the danger you were putting yourself in presented in full extent at that moment. you knew everyone was giving you expressions that viewed you as crazy, once again proving that no one would ever really do this.

but that was all the more reason to do it.

as your finger closed down on the trigger you prayed that kuina would be okay in the event that you were proven wrong. that chishiya would at least return to the real world safely unscathed. that yasushi would clear this game without you.

that they'd at least know you tried.

CLICK!

you jumped slightly at the sound, taking a second to realize what it meant. your eyes drifted over to yasushi, who had laid back in his seat and unclenched his hands at also realizing it too. you brought the gun away from your head, staring at it before you let out a small laugh not only in relief but excitement as well. just a couple more. if you could just test it a little bit more.

"spin it again!" you exclaimed, putting the gun back into its box as you looked at the center of the table.

once more everyone gave you strange looks, however yasushi was quick to do as you asked. this time it landed on the pink haired girl, and as she shakily reached down for the boxes you stopped her.

"pick the gun for yourself." you stated firmly.

she stared at you, eyes widened in shock at your request. it was ponytail who cut in with an angry look on her face, "are you crazy? i'm not sure what compelled you to do that to yourself but you cant ask her to do the same!"

you shouldn't be surprised at her reluctance, you were terrified as well. but you really needed her to do this. you had been the one to start this, and now you needed everyone to comply and work together in order to win this game.

you let out a small sigh, already regretting the words that left your mouth. but you needed something that would give them reason to listen, "if she dies then that means i'm the king of hearts."

you could feel yasushi's gaze on you, hands gripping the sleeve of your arm, "hey what are you-"

she shook her head, not buying into your bargain, "you're just saying that to get us to listen. i know you're not the king."

well, she was smart. maybe she didn't actually come here by force. although you couldn't imagine why she would bring her wife here if she played these games as often as you.

but you needed them to trust you, and you were running out of that precious time.

"look, the probability of you dying by that gun is little to no percent. each time you click the trigger the stakes get higher. but in this case, they'll only get lower." you explained, hoping she'd understand what you were getting at.

she sent you an incredulous look, "how does that-"

"please. you just have to trust me on this. not working together to figure it out will play into the king's hands and ultimately cause our downfall," you looked at the pink haired girl, as well as the child seated next to her, small hands clutching onto her sweater as she leaned in as closely as her seat allowed possible, "i know you want to save her and that kid. this is the only way."

she stared at you, still distrustful but eventually her gaze wavered, letting that wall chip away enough to listen to you. she sighed, nodding at the pink haired girl to continue. she seemed confused at how quickly she had accepted but she mustered up a small smile nonetheless, trusting her judgement before taking the gun and clicking the trigger.

once again they were safe, and the stakes were lowered.

you grinned, feeling your excitement grow, "okay! okay spin it again! and this time do the same thing."

yasushi did so once more, the barrel facing the foreigner. she smiled, happily taking the gun from under and pointing it towards herself. once again nothing came out, and with this you felt like your theory was finally being proven correct.

everyone else could be saved. no one had to die anymore.

"i don't understand..what are you trying to prove here?" ponytail asked, still not quite understanding what the lack of deaths meant and why you were so excited over it.

your grin widened, happy to explain, "there aren't any bullets in the gun."

she blinked slowly in surprise, features expressing something close to anger, "i'm sorry, what? you got all that because three of you didn't die in a row? it's called luck."

you hummed, leaning forward in your seat to stare straight at her, "heart games always have a way for everyone to live, a loophole i like to call it. they just want you to believe that you have to hurt and betray people in order to survive."

she stared right back, "and how did you find this 'loophole'?"

you smiled, "they stated from the beginning that the bullets in each gun is unknown, so that still leaves the possibility of it being empty. they presented everyone with an option to shoot themselves or others, kill or be killed, knowing that no one in their right mind would use the gun for themselves. my theory is that they purposely made that gun empty, knowing no one would use it. that's it, that's our loophole."

"you've played before as well haven't you?" she asked, also revealing that this wasn't her first heart game.

you shrugged, leaning back once more, "i've played enough to understand how they work. i can almost guarantee that if everyone continues to use that gun then no one else has to die."

"except the king of hearts. we still don't know who it is." pink haired girl murmured quietly.

your mouth quirked down into a small frown, knowing she was right. you'd been so busy thinking about the meaning behind the placement of the two guns that you still hadn't figured out who your target was. who in this room was the king.

"unfortunately not," you agreed, sending a quick glance to your own two boxes, "but with this, we can figure it out together."

"who decided that you two aren't the king of hearts?" the smoker asked, still untrusting of the both of you.

you sighed. hadn't he listened to your conversation? he was only making himself look suspicious the more he opened his mouth to speak. it was already proven and decided, and with him trying to contradict it, it could only mean two things, both equally as bad.

you moved to further explain but was pleasantly surprised when the blind teen cut in instead, "i doubt with this theory of theirs they'd reveal it if they were the king. it would defeat the whole purpose of killing all the players."

your eyes widened, realizing that he too had played before with the way he seemed to catch on easily. the smoker narrowed his eyes at him, glaring burning holes into his skull before he scoffed, quickly looking away, "fine. whatever. spin away."

"jackass." you heard the teen mumble, and you stifled a laugh as the gun was spun once more.

this time it landed on the highshooler, who jumped at the sight of the barrel pointed directly at him. he brought his jacket closer to his body before reaching down, causing you to frown at the sight of both boxes. wasn't he going to use the one on himself? or maybe he just needed to check the label to make sure he was picking the right one.

that wasn't the case however as he picked up the gun to be used for the surrounding players, and you only had time to shout at him to stop before he pointed it towards the unfortunate recipient.

a scream erupted from the girl's throat, red stained hands clutching onto the pink haired girl's body. blood sputtered out of her mouth as she coughed, brown eyes blinking in confusion as she looked at her wife.

"oh." she mumbled softly, just now recognizing that the tears and blood were for her.

"ayame! hey! come on just hold on i'm going to stop the bleeding!" she yelled, palm pressing down on the bullet wound on her chest.

she coughed once more, brown eyes growing unfocused alarmingly quickly, "love..i don't think-"

"stop it!" she cried, putting her other free hand over the other, "i'm a nurse remember? i'm going to help you!"

another cough sputtered out of her mouth, and ponytail continued to cry as ayame seemed to whisper something, incoherent in your ears before her eyes went blank.

another scream, this time full of pain as she mourned over her lover. screams that made your heart hurt the longer they continued on. why? you thought you had found a solution. you thought you could save everyone from this horrendous game.

so why were there another dead body slumped onto the dining table?

"why..why did you shoot her!" she screamed, her anger directed towards the teen who dropped the gun onto the table, hands flying up to his mouth as he shook his head rapidly.

"i didn't think-i just didn't want to die!" he cried, once more trying to make himself small within the confines of his sweater.

"we said you could live if you just chose the other gun!"

"how the hell am i supposed to just believe that?"

their arguing continued, loud screams of frustration and heartache ringing in your ears. the commotion was enough to make you overlook the fact that the gun had spun again, picked up by that same person. it was only the shot that rung in your ears that brought you out of your daze.

the high schooler didn't even get a chance to run when the shot hit his head, killing him on the spot as he slumped back against his chair. by then the room went silent, ponytail just as shocked at his unexpected death. slowly you followed the direction of the gun, seeing the foreigner had been the one to do it.

"i was hoping if i killed him this game would be over with, but looks like he isn't the king either." she shrugged, putting the gun back into the box and leaning back in her seat like nothing had happened.

there was something off though. her hand twitched, foot tapping against the floor. it was almost like she was trying to contain her excitement, a result from something good happening. almost like-

oh. oh.

"should i spin again?" yasushi asked from beside you, and you gave a small nod in response. if your hunch was correct, you'd need to watch this next interaction just as closely.

he did as told, the gun landing on ponytail.

she sobbed, reaching down for the gun and pointing it at herself. it clicked, but nothing came out, and she cried even harder as she continued to pull the trigger.

you shifted in your seat, "i told you. it doesn't have bullets-"

"fuck! why..." she threw it back into the box, burying her face in her hands as stray wisps of hair escaped from her hairstyle.

"i'm sorry." you mumbled softly.

she peeked through her fingers, face pulled into a distraught expression as if the apology only made things worse, "don't."

you nodded. feeling sorry wouldn't change anything, even you could respect that. although there was no mistaking what you had learned. the small second where disappointment was shown.

"if it makes you feel better, i know who the king of hearts is."

at this she paused, lifting her face up to stare at you in shock. the others also gave you strange looks, however the one you paid the most attention to was her's, a small glint of amusement dancing in her eyes.

"how.." she asked, eyes surveying the room as if she could find the answer as well.

"you know, if you pay close enough attention you can learn a lot about a person just by their body language. there's only one person in this room who fits the role of the king, and was actually rather comfortable here. almost like, they lived here and even put together the game itself," you lifted your hand up from your side, pointing it towards this venue's game master, "you're the king of hearts aren't you?"

the foreigner smiled at your outstretched fingers, raising an eyebrow up in question, "you think because i'm not afraid that it has to be me? you don't seem too scared yourself. and didn't i help you prove your theory?"

you laughed, putting your hand back down. it was shaking, "i'm actually terrified right now. i'm just good at hiding it. but that wasnt the only thing. your facial expressions when those two died. you were excited because it was two less players that you had to deal with. one step closer to winning this game."

her grin widened before she laughed, wheezing to catch her breath as she banged her fist on the table. the more it dragged on the more it made you uncomfortable, chilling in its own way. amusing only to her.

she reached up to wipe tears from her eyes, "wow, im impressed. mira was right. you really are good," she leaned back in her chair, folding her arms over the back of her head as brown eyes bore into your own, "alright, i'll admit it. i'm the king of hearts."

ponytail blinked, surprised she had said it so easily and that she was the one behind this game, "you..."

"fuck. i knew something was off with you." smoker muttered, taking another hit from
his cigar.

she laughed once more, throwing her hands up into the air, "surprised? probably not, i was rather obvious. but that just made me less suspicious no? reverse psychology at its finest. a very interesting topic, i suggest you all learn about it. could fool anyone. but you," she turned to look at you, your body freezing under her gaze. it was all too familiar to mira's, "you figured me all out! it seemed your desire to unconsciously study human behavior was proved relevant in this game, able to contradict even the best of manipulation! i didn't believe mira at first when she told me about you, but now that i'm here, playing a game with you, i'm really feeling the thrill! i may just die this time!"

"i was right. you really are a psycho." smoker spoke up once more, staring at her with that same look he gave you when you chose to shoot yourself.

she pouted, "don't be mean, i'm just being honest with you all. and now you finally know your target."

he tightened his jaw, eyes looking towards the gun before glancing at everyone in the room, "well somebody shoot her!"

"oh!" she yelled, titling her head towards the side and mocking confusion, "but we're still playing!"

he glared at her, "like i give a fuck-"

her expression darkened, smile no longer on her face, "if you don't spin the wheel before shooting that will result in an automatic game over."

his eyes widened, "that wasn't even in the rules!"

she glanced up, putting her finger against her lips in deep thought, "oh, guess i forgot to add that."

"fucking-"

"well now you know! no need to get angry." her smirk widened, that same glint back in her eyes, "now then, let's see which comes first! will you all kill me, or will i get rid of each and every one of you."

it was silent, fear striking everyone's hearts at her words. realistically you all had the advantage, there were several of you that would be able to point the gun at her while she only had herself. but it was still frightening, not knowing how she'd rig the game to be able to win.

"tough crowd. let's get started then shall we?" she reached forward and spun the wheel, smile widening when it landed on the child.

her eyes widened, tears spilling down her cheeks as she struggled to get away from the gun pointing at her and indicating that it was her turn. you could only sit and watch, unable to do anything. you weren't sure what would
happen if you left your chair to help her.

luckily ponytail was quick to act, bringing out the box holding the gun for herself and helping the small child grasp it in her hands. fingers trembled and shook as she pulled the trigger, a small click showing that it was indeed empty.

"why waste such a precious bullet that could've been used on me?" the foreigner asked, spinning the gun once more and smiling when it landed on the smoker, who wasted no time bringing it out and pointing it towards her, "oh? let's not be too hasty here."

he didn't answer, pulling the trigger. but nothing came out, and she laughed as his face fell.

"you should see the look on your face! wow! i don't think i've ever seen someone look to eager to kill me! and the disappointment, feels bad huh? well then." she spins it again. another laugh escaping her lips when it pointed at her.

she pulled out the gun, pointing it at every person in the room, "now, who. shall. i. choose?" she hummed softly, pointing it at yasushi who narrowed his eyes at her. she grinned at the expression, before quickly pointing it away and clicking the trigger.

BANG!

cigarette falls from his lips, crimson staining his shirt as he reached for the gun. the king laughed at his attempts, until finally his body slumped limp on the table.

"wow! i got lucky didn't i?" she cheered, holding up the weapon as if it was some sort of god that won her a prize.

yasushi quickly reached forward and spinned, wasting no time when it landed on himself to take the gun and click the trigger. unfortunely the round didn't contain a bullet, and the foreigner laughed at the frustrated breath of air he released as a result.

you leaned towards him in your seat, "yasushi calm down. we can spin the wheel a certain way-"

he ignored you, spinning it again and you noticed the look of horror come across his face when it stopped. you sent him a curious glance, slowly turning around and seeing who picked up the gun.

the foreigner, barrel pointed at her next victim.

you.

slowly you looked from the barrel up to her eyes, shining with excitement as she clicked it into place, "you should've been the first person i got rid of. but i was feeling nice."

yasushi moved to get up, banging his foot against the wood, "hey-"

"shoot me then," you put your arm out to stop him, taking a small shaky breath in, "all based on luck right?"

her smile widened, liking your response, "ha! right you are!"

your hands tightened, skin breaking under the sharp nails. but your gaze never wavered from hers. you'd only feed into her amusement if you backed out now.

she pulled the trigger.

CLICK!

she frowned when nothing came out, examining the gun as if there was something wrong with it. finally she sighed, carelessly throwing the gun back into the box just like before, "what a bore."

you smiled, half out of relief and half out of excitement. you were safe for another round. quickly throwing away your nerves and ignoring the look yasushi was giving you, you spun the gun once more, surprisingly enough landing on yasushi. it seemed the odds were in his favor, and the male widened his eyes before quickly grabbing the gun and pulling the trigger.

BANG!

the bullet hit the table, just several inches away from the foreigner. she blinked in surprise at the sound, but at realizing it didn't hit her she laughed, clutching her stomach with her hands.

"wow! just how incompetent are you? i'm right here you know! how hard is it to point and shoot? you sure didn't miss when it came to that guy in the beginning huh?" her laughter grew, struggling to catch her breath.

he glared at her, hands clenched into fists as her teasing continued. you reached forward to try and calm him down, but yasushi was already moving, stumbling out of his chair as he lunged at the foreigner.

"yasushi!" you screamed.

he pulled her out of her seat, both bodies hitting the ground as a result of the force. she laughed once more, pure amusement in her eyes as she fought back. blow after blow hitting your ears, grunts of pain and frustration. the dog barking and the child crying at the display of violence. quickly you rushed out of your seat as well, arms wrapping around the male and trying to pry him away.

"yasushi stop! please just get back in your seat. you don't know if this is against the rules!" you cried, sending quick looks back at the others. the blind teen glanced around in confusion, not sure what was happening and the child was holding onto ponytail, who remained quiet and only watched the scene unfold before her.

he let out another frustrated breath, "shut up! i don't care about the fucking rules anymore!"

you glared at him, sending another desperate look towards the others, "stop being so fucking stubborn and listen to me for once!"

"i'd listen! who knows if we'll die like this!" the foreigner laughed, only fueling the flames of anger.

your back hit the ground when you were thrown off, quickly sitting back up and ignoring the confusion only to see that yasushi had been thrown to the ground as well. the king was right above him, legs straddling his waist as her hands clasped around his neck. he struggled to push her off, cries and screams and those barks blurring together in your ears. you reached forward once more, pausing at the loud sound that rang in the room and blended with the sounds.

BANG!

her hands loosened as the smile was wiped off her face, a small cough leaving her lips as blood stained them. she slowly looked down at the hole now in her chest, and yasushi yelled when she slumped forward, body pressed against his and he struggled to get her off.

quickly you got up, taking her body off of his and laying her flat on the ground. a quick glance up told you that it had been ponytail who did it, breathing heavily with the gun still in the air, and the weapon pointed at her to indicate that it was her turn.

"huh, so i really am going to die this game." she mumbled, smiling towards you once more, "it was fun playing with you. if you make it towards the end, tell mira i said hi. and that i'm still angry she would'nt give me the queen of hearts role."

you couldn't tear your eyes away as she laughed one final time, a small wheeze leaving her lips before her eyes went blank. you did back away however, back bumping into yasushi as a new voice sounded in your ears.

ᏩᎪᎷᎬ ᏟᏞᎬᎪᎡ, ᏟᎾNᏩᎡᎪᎢᏌᏞᎪᎢᏆᎾNᏚ.

"it's done. it's over." ponytail breathed out. you looked at her, her bottom lip trembling as she dropped the gun and proceeded to cry into her hands.

"holy shit..." yasushi mumbled quietly, who reached a hand up to cover his mouth.

"it's over? shes..." the blind teen trailed off, swallowing thickly.

"she's dead." you confirmed, quickly reaching up and pushing your hair out of your face. were you always this sweaty? were your hands really shaking this entire time?

"then let's.." he trailed off once more, and you nodded in agreement before quickly saying a yes in confirmation when you remembered he couldn't see the gesture.

it was silent as you helped the blind teen out of his chair, all of you leaving the dining room and the house as a whole. you all stood around outside the venue, hearing a low rumble from above. you glanced up and watched as the blimp that hovered above seemed to be set ablaze, like an explosion had occurred before it began to fall, off into the distance.

you noticed that another blimp seemed to have fallen as well, but before you could dwell on it you felt a presence come up beside you, turning to see the blind teen.

"thank you for helping clear the game." he said.

"oh," you blinked in surprise, quickly looking away, "it was nothing. i just wished..."

'i just wished everyone could've lived.'

"i hope you make it to the end." he continued.

you smiled softly, even if he couldn't see it, "likewise."

he nodded before he turned to leave with the dog leading the way. as he descended down the steps you turned towards ponytail, who was currently busing herself with the child. petting her hair softly and telling her that it was over. that the worst was now gone. although there was no mistaking the grim expression on her face, still very obviously hurt by the loss she experienced in that game venue.

you took a small step forward, clearing your throat, "uhm. i'm really-"

she held up her hand to stop you, "please don't apologize. whats done is done. at least now...she doesn't have to play these games any longer."

you nodded, but there was still something bugging you from before, "what were you both doing in a hearts game in the first place?

she remained quiet for a second before answering, "it was the only way to escape the king of spades."

ah, so she had been in the same predicament as you, "you saw him too?"

she nodded, "we barely escaped with our lives. we got lucky considering we came on foot."

it honestly surprised you that the king didn't kill you all on the spot. why had he missed so many times? was it really all luck or was there some deeper meaning behind it?

"the king of spades venue is all around tokyo," you looked her in the eyes, "so please, stay safe."

she nodded once more and the child waved before they too descended down the steps, disappearing around the wall and down the street. when they were no longer in sight you turned to yasushi, who had remained quiet during the entire interaction. his eyes stared down at the ground, jaw tensed as red still stained his skin. you frowned, he should really clean himself.

"what are you going to do now?" you asked. this interaction felt oddly like your first game, only this time yasushi seemed to be more affected than you.

he shrugged, "don't know."

you hummed, rocking back and forward on your feet. you were growing antsy, "my friends and i found this place. you can stay with us if you'd like."

this time he looked up to stare at you, a little bewildered by your offer. finally he spoke, "is that okay? after everything?"

you smiled softly, "sure it is. just don't let that attitude continue on alright? smile once in a while."

he clicked his tongue in annoyance, earning a small laugh from your throat, "i do smile."

another hum, before turning around and beginning the walk back to your friends, "sure sure," you gave him one final look, nodding your head to tell him to move, "let's go then."

dо уоц щї₴н то Cоитїицё¿

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

10.9K 892 22
"and with simple songs i wanted more." or, a deaf pianist and a cold hearted boy find love in a cruel world.
48.2K 1K 20
Chishiya considered himself cold-hearted. Selfish even before the Borderlands happened. He had never met someone as difficult as the matters of the h...
9.9K 451 23
𝙃𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙘𝙧𝙤𝙘𝙨...
130K 2K 43
Alice in borderland x reader one shots request closed!!! ( COMPLETE )