⌈ 5 ⌋

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ . . . . .

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ ᏟᎾᎷᏢᏞᎬᎢᎬ!

hatter was not at all what you had been expecting. sure, you had seen the one in charge briefly during your first day at the beach, but you hadn't been paying much attention to him in the first place. instead, you were focused on trying to figure out the reasoning behind the disappearances that had happened to all of japan, as well as trying to make sense of the whole concept of 'games' you'd been hearing so much about. but now that you were standing in front of him, dressed in a tacky robe and swim trunks with an easy smile on his face, you were definitely more than surprised.

he didn't radiate authority at all. he seemed more like a person who belonged on the sidelines, helping out the one who was actually in charge. if you were being honest with yourself, the man you deemed as aguni seemed like he'd be in charge of the beach with his stone cold expression and his buffed out physique. you figured out pretty quickly that he had to have been part of some type of military before finding himself in such a world.

but hatter? it didn't make any sense. still, he had sent a woman named ann to your room to get you, and he did let you stay at the beach free of cost. so you decided that you might as well listen to what he had to say and give him some respect.

you cleared your throat, announcing your presence at the edge of the doorway. hatter looked up from his spot at the table where he had been playing cards with another executive member, face brightening at the sight of you, "oh! glad you could make it!" he placed down his deck of cards and sat down at a nearby couch, gesturing for you to take a seat on the cushioned sofa across from him.

"you called?" you asked, moving aside one of the throw pillows and taking a seat.

you watched as hatter laid back on the couch, gesturing to someone across the room. you were confused at first, until one of the other girls in the room plopped herself on his lap, throwing her arms around his neck and beginning to kiss down the skin. you internally cringed at the scene, "yes! how are you liking things at the beach? it's been a little over a week since you arrived, am i correct?"

you gave him a nod, trying to focus on the man instead of the uncomfortable scene in front of you. despite the things that had happened, you were quite content with your life there. you got free food, free housing, even hot showers, which you were sure was not a luxury you'd have if you had decided to go back to your dorm.

hatter smiled at your answer, but your conversation grew short when you both looked over at the sound of the door opening once more. you felt your blood run cold at seeing who it was.

chishiya walked in with his hands stuffed in his jacket and his hoodie placed atop his head, a reoccurring look. his eyes easily found their way to your own, and you didn't miss the way they shifted ever so slightly upon seeing you.

"there's the other one!" hatter exclaimed, motioning him to sit right beside you on the couch.

chishiya took a seat without a word, and you quickly glanced at him before going back to hatter, "the beach is great but, what's this about?" more importantly, why was he here?

hatter leaned forward and began filling two glasses with alcohol, "ann was telling me about the games you both recently cleared. i heard you've found a knack in heart games? you even completed one last night."

hearts formed by solicitude and desolationOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara