⌈ 20 ⌋

Ꭺ/N: ᎢᎻᎬ FᎾᏞᏞᎾᏔᏆNᏩ ᎬᏙᎬNᎢᏚ ᏔᎾN'Ꭲ ᏴᎬ ᎢᎡᏌᎬ ᎢᎾ ᎢᎻᎬ ᎷᎪNᏩᎪ. ᎪNᎠ YᎬᏚ ᎢᎻᎬ ᎢᏆᎢᏞᎬ ᎻᎪᏚ ᏴᎬᎬN ᏟᎻᎪNᏩᎬᎠ, ᏴᏌᎢ ᎢᎻᎬ ᏟᎾNᎢᎬNᎢᏚ ᎪᎡᎬ ᏚᎢᏆᏞᏞ ᎢᎻᎬ ᏚᎪᎷᎬ. ᎪᏞᏚᎾ, ᎠᏆᎠN'Ꭲ ᎷᎬᎪN FᎾᎡ ᎢᎻᏆᏚ ᎢᎾ ᎢᎪKᎬ ᏚᎾ ᏞᎾNᏩ ᎢᎾ ᎡᎬᏞᎬᎪᏚᎬ, ᎢᎻᎬ ᏔᎡᏆᎢᎬᎡ'Ꮪ ᏴᏞᎾᏟK ᎡᎬᎪᏞᏞY ᎻᏆᎢ ᎷᎬ :Ꭰ

ᎬNᎢᎬᎡᏆNᏩ ᎢᎻᎬ ᏚᎬᏟᎾNᎠ ᏚᎢᎪᏩᎬ, ᏢᏞᎬᎪᏚᎬ ᏚᎢᎪNᎠᏴY.

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ . . . . .

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ ᏟᎾᎷᏢᏞᎬᎢᎬ!

already you missed the simplicity the beach had brought you, as well as the luxuries you took for granted.

for one, sleeping in cars was not at all comfortable, especially considering the fact that you've been doing so for the last several days. having to wake up because the sunlight streaming through the window grew hot on your face, as well as the stiffness of your neck from the position. all of these inconveniences made you wish that it hadn't been fire, angry flames of no control that had taken and burned everything you loved.

especially now, with the bitter taste in your mouth as you stood in what used to be your room, black soot staining the walls and the bed creaking in protest as you sat on it. your fingers glided over the wood, bringing them back to see the same charred colored pigment on your finger pads. and those same fingers reached for your books, pages missing and words unintelligible. even if you didn't know that this would happen, that the entire building would burn, you wished you would've been able to save your only gateway from reality.

"reading again?" you didn't need to look up to know who the teasing tone of voice belonged to. the blonde always liked to poke fun at you about your hobbies after all, especially when you were so immersed that you wouldn't move for several hours, eyes glued to the page.

you hummed softly in response, shifting just the slightest on the bed and hoping he'd stop talking so you could continue. you were already preoccupied, and just like you always left him alone when he was tinkering, you hoped he would do the same for you.

but chishiya, desperate for attention it seemed, took it out of your hands. he ignored the glare you sent him, reading aloud a random sentence with his signature smirk playing on his lips.

you groaned, annoyed, "come on, give it back."

he gave you a quick glance, brown eyes scruntinizing you under the gaze, "you're stressing about something again arent you."

you weren't even sure why he had asked the question if he very clearly knew the answer. it frustrated you at times, how he just wanted to be proven right, letting the correct answer swell his pride.

"and what if i am?" you grumbled, laying flat on the bed as you let out a deep breath. it was days like this, where the reality of the world you lived in was hard to face. it of course, depleted your mood to the point where the only thing you could do was read, letting yourself live another life much better than this one.

you heard chishiya shift from beside you, side pressed against yours as he placed its pages over your face. you blinked in surprise, lifting the side and giving him a curious glance.