⌈ 19 ⌋

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ . . . . .

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ ᏟᎾᎷᏢᏞᎬᎢᎬ!

everyone reacted to certain situations differently. whether it be their mannerisms, words or just the look in their eyes, any small shift in their body language could tell you a lot about what that person was currently thinking. and the facial expressions of each individual at realizing the meaning behind your words was what you focused on at that moment.

usagi and tatta were of course confused, brows drawn together and giving you a curious glance. you could tell the gears in their head were turning to try and make sense of the situation. because how could the witch be the dead girl on the floor? what was the purpose of that? the tagger in your spades game would've gotten a game clear had they survived, but how could momoka claim anything when she was already deceased?

arisu on the other hand, the only other person who had played a heart game before and understood the concept of the psychological type widened his eyes in realization, finally seeing everything, all the clues presented before him click together inside his brain. understanding how this could really be the only possible solution to the game.

and asahi, her expression was probably the most peculiar. she was shocked, but not in the way that said she didn't believe it. no, you could tell she believed every word that you had said. instead she was shocked that you had figured it out, so quickly too, meaning asahi must've known about momoka's cause of death from the start.

you narrowed your eyes at her, trying to understand why. why she hadn't said anything if she knew since the beginning. it didn't make sense, in the small time that you've known her you could tell that she clearly had good intentions, she had been genuine about wanting to save arisu after all, but why was she protecting her? sure they had been friends, but these were the lives of so many people at stake. did she know the game masters as well, and wanted to help but couldn't?

what was stopping her?

"momoka? are you saying it was a suicide?" usagi broke you out of your thoughts, trying to make sense as to what you were indicating, "but why would she-"

why would she kill herself for a game?

"no, they're right," arisu agreed with you, giving you a quick glance before looking at usagi, "it makes the most sense. everyone would overlook it since they'd automatically assume the witch is alive and actively participating in the game. plus, if i were the game master, i would do exactly this."

you hummed in agreement, looking down and focusing on a spot of carpet on the floor, "the more people being killed, the more everyone grows panicked trying to find the real witch. when you are panicking all rational thoughts leave and the only thing you're thinking about is surviving. it would mean absolute victory for whoever created the game in the first place."

your eyes widened a fraction as you finished your sentence, realizing something important. if asahi and momoka were friends, and she hadn't said anything about knowing momoka was the witch, did that mean asahi was the game master, and they had been working together?

had you just befriended the creator of this game?

"if momoka is the witch..she started the game," arisu continued, once more bringing you out of your thoughts, "she probably also took this time to start the game because everyone is in disarray with hatter being dead. there's no order, so working in a group was out of the question."

"she had been a member of the beach..was she watching us the entire time?" usagi asked, still in disbelief with the fact that momoka had been apart of the game masters. she had been a sweet girl after all, no one would've been able to predict it.